Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#93370 Nov 10, 2013
Good thing water makes up 75% of the planet!

But oh no, water will be scarce as the pols melt and drown cities, based on man-made global warming because we drive gas powered cars!

<jeepus. an idiot, born without a brain, would still not be able to buy into liberalism... and yet...>
A noted observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

#93371 Nov 10, 2013
Sounds like someone has been drinking salt water....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93372 Nov 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a joke. My house is powered by natural gas. Sorry humor is lost on you. Did you know that wind farms have caused more deaths than nuclear power plants?
Bet not.
Want the link?
No, but that's because I have seen the statistics on safety from US nuclear power plants once they are up and running

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#93373 Nov 10, 2013
Everyone is wrong and stupid and crazy except for the dog.

Right.

Yawn.

Location hidden

#93374 Nov 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment rate under Bush: 4%
Crash was caused by the housing bubble, not the white house.
Bush won his reelection by 70%.
Gas was under $4 dollars a gallon.
Bush will be remembered as one of the greatest presidents in history. Despite the smear campaign from the left.
What will be Obama's legacy? Benghazi? NSA? Fast and Furious? IRS targeting? Obamacare? Increased terrorism? High unemployment? Increased number of food stamp recipients?
Unemployment under bush ranged from 4.3% to 7.2%.

Housing bubble was caused by GOP deregulation f the investment and banking industry.

Gas prices: the rate of increase was have her under bush.

Bush will not be remembered as a great president by anyone by absolute idiots with no understanding of history or politics.

Increased terrorism? Did 3,000 Americans die on our soil under Obama?

I just don't get how you can even get through each and every day with little more than brain stem to tell your body to breathe and pump blood.

Location hidden

#93375 Nov 11, 2013
Rate of increase was higher....

Location hidden

#93376 Nov 11, 2013
Edog probably even thinks Clinton was an awful president.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#93377 Nov 11, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm still waiting to find out what good they did f8r the country in those years.
I'll be honest, at the time of the first election I had no solid opinion, good or bad, but their actions sure proved Bush was one of the worst in history.
They don't want to remember GW Bush or how much danger our economy was in, during 2008......to be honest about events, would work againest their campaign of legislative destruction and manufactured outrage......the current GOP could'nt be further from the people, if they tried.....

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93378 Nov 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Edog probably even thinks Clinton was an awful president.
Of course he does. He will implode when Hillary is the next President.

Bush was so great that he was nonexistent at the last two conventions. Instead there was Clint Eastwood talking to a chair.

Location hidden

#93379 Nov 11, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>I can't fathom how anyone with a brain could fathom that injecting chemicals into the earth to extract anything is *worth it*. But, they are training folks to buy bottled water and the CEO of Nestle has said that drinking water is "not a right". There's already big money in water- wait until it gets scarce. Fracking will hasten that.
Many believe that years in the future, after we both are long gone.....the survival of man, will depend on who can produce and retain, the most food and fresh water.....Everyone is well aware of the dangers of fracking, but only those in Washington, not supported by big oil will admit it.....Many State Houses have been compremised by this lobby also....

Location hidden

#93380 Nov 11, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he does. He will implode when Hillary is the next President.
Bush was so great that he was nonexistent at the last two conventions. Instead there was Clint Eastwood talking to a chair.
Saddest yet, for all those reichwing Obama haters is.....Hillary isn't allowed to start early!....lol....

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#93381 Nov 11, 2013

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#93382 Nov 11, 2013
Website with some really cool fun facts to pass the time. http://wtffunfact.com

For the record, this thread was set up to talk about anything and everything but politics. There are so many political threads on Topix that those of you who insist on discussing it here suck. I miss my regs friends who have been turned off by your crap.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#93383 Nov 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>

Gas prices: the rate of increase was have her under bush.
Seems to me that around 2000 gas was =/- a buck a gallon and it shot the hell up around 2003 (TRIPLED) under Bush, did it's spike thing after the 2008 election and has been going down since. Hell I got full service gas the other day and a $20 got me half a tank. Thank you Mr. President.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#93384 Nov 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Saddest yet, for all those reichwing Obama haters is.....Hillary isn't allowed to start early!....lol....
No. The hate will continue, but change direction from color to gender and age. A sad prediction but the haters will akways find targets because of their own shortcomings.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#93385 Nov 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
For the record, this thread was set up to talk about anything and everything but politics. There are so many political threads on Topix that those of you who insist on discussing it here suck. I miss my regs friends who have been turned off by your crap.
Thanks for the link! I miss "the way it was" around here too and I feel guilty for not being around as much... I've been so slammed at work though.
:(

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#93386 Nov 11, 2013
This! One or two peeps try to monopolize the convo, then cry like frigging babies when a subject they dont want to discuss comes up.
ScarletandOlive wrote:
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#93387 Nov 11, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like there are more of them to worry about then someone carrying on about a few gays getting married.
Stop.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#93388 Nov 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Ditto this. It's just exhausting to read. Nobody is changing anybody's mind about anything.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#93389 Nov 11, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop.
Stop what? Having an opinion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Henry 1,418,677
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 13 min PEllen 1,935
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 15 min PEllen 3,037
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min PEllen 9,385
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Curiouser And Cur... 61,038
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min Rogue Scholar 05 222,454
last post wins! (Apr '13) 32 min Retired SOF 1,469

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages