Topix Chitown Regulars

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93363 Nov 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...I'm still trying to rationalize, how Bush/Cheney could open up our taxpayer owned, federal Bureau of Land Management.....thousands of pristine acres.....signed over to Big Oil, for them to frack(drill) for natural gas.....a process that injects harmful chemicals into our underground fresh water table.......
And I'm still waiting to find out what good they did f8r the country in those years.
I'll be honest, at the time of the first election I had no solid opinion, good or bad, but their actions sure proved Bush was one of the worst in history.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#93364 Nov 10, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'm still waiting to find out what good they did f8r the country in those years.
I'll be honest, at the time of the first election I had no solid opinion, good or bad, but their actions sure proved Bush was one of the worst in history.
Unemployment rate under Bush: 4%

Crash was caused by the housing bubble, not the white house.

Bush won his reelection by 70%.

Gas was under $4 dollars a gallon.

Bush will be remembered as one of the greatest presidents in history. Despite the smear campaign from the left.

What will be Obama's legacy? Benghazi? NSA? Fast and Furious? IRS targeting? Obamacare? Increased terrorism? High unemployment? Increased number of food stamp recipients?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93365 Nov 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget, causes earthquakes in Japan!
Who needs natural gas anyway?! I cook my food and heat my home with wind energy!
It causes earthquakes in Oklahoma and NE Ohio. Do you want the link?

You maybe using wind energy but you are also living in the shadow of a nuclear generating plant.

Illinois is one of 2 or 3 states nationwide whose primary source of electricity is nuclear power.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#93366 Nov 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush will be remembered as one of the greatest presidents in history. Despite the smear campaign from the left.
What will be Obama's legacy? Benghazi? NSA? Fast and Furious? IRS targeting? Obamacare? Increased terrorism? High unemployment? Increased number of food stamp recipients?
Housing crisis didn't happen in thin air. Resulted from ongoing lax and incompetent oversight and regulation. Republicans push for less regulation of financial institutions, among other industries, and say that those institutions can police themselves. how did that work?
Gas prices were $3+ in 2007, went down to about $2 in 2011 and now are up. This is called trading.
Unemployment is up, partially as a result of the housing crisis, created by the financial institutions "policing themselves". This didn't happen after 2008 but before. Of course, food stamps are up, when people can't find a job they need help. More should be spent on finding fraud in this and other entitlement areas.

These numbers are far overshadowed by the thousands of dead and maimed US citizens sent to a bogus war,which contributed to the debt, agreed to because of lies and false evidence. And now millions if not trillions will be spent taking care of the injured vets.
I'm not a big fan of Obama, a lot of mistakes in his wake. There is much to do for this country to recover but I know for sure it's not a job for the right-wing nut jobs that seem to do nothing but obstruct, along with inserting their personal religious views, instead of working out reasonable solutions.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#93367 Nov 10, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
It causes earthquakes in Oklahoma and NE Ohio. Do you want the link?
You maybe using wind energy but you are also living in the shadow of a nuclear generating plant.
Illinois is one of 2 or 3 states nationwide whose primary source of electricity is nuclear power.
That was a joke. My house is powered by natural gas. Sorry humor is lost on you. Did you know that wind farms have caused more deaths than nuclear power plants?

Bet not.

Want the link?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#93368 Nov 10, 2013
dahgts wrote:
There is much to do for this country to recover but I know for sure it's not a job for the right-wing nut jobs
Right! Because the LEFT wing nut-jobs are doing a bang up job!
A noted observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

#93369 Nov 10, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...I'm still trying to rationalize, how Bush/Cheney could open up our taxpayer owned, federal Bureau of Land Management.....thousands of pristine acres.....signed over to Big Oil, for them to frack(drill) for natural gas.....a process that injects harmful chemicals into our underground fresh water table.......
I can't fathom how anyone with a brain could fathom that injecting chemicals into the earth to extract anything is *worth it*. But, they are training folks to buy bottled water and the CEO of Nestle has said that drinking water is "not a right". There's already big money in water- wait until it gets scarce. Fracking will hasten that.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#93370 Nov 10, 2013
Good thing water makes up 75% of the planet!

But oh no, water will be scarce as the pols melt and drown cities, based on man-made global warming because we drive gas powered cars!

<jeepus. an idiot, born without a brain, would still not be able to buy into liberalism... and yet...>
A noted observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

#93371 Nov 10, 2013
Sounds like someone has been drinking salt water....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93372 Nov 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a joke. My house is powered by natural gas. Sorry humor is lost on you. Did you know that wind farms have caused more deaths than nuclear power plants?
Bet not.
Want the link?
No, but that's because I have seen the statistics on safety from US nuclear power plants once they are up and running

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#93373 Nov 10, 2013
Everyone is wrong and stupid and crazy except for the dog.

Right.

Yawn.

Location hidden

#93374 Nov 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment under bush ranged from 4.3% to 7.2%.

Housing bubble was caused by GOP deregulation f the investment and banking industry.

Gas prices: the rate of increase was have her under bush.

Bush will not be remembered as a great president by anyone by absolute idiots with no understanding of history or politics.

Increased terrorism? Did 3,000 Americans die on our soil under Obama?

I just don't get how you can even get through each and every day with little more than brain stem to tell your body to breathe and pump blood.

Location hidden

#93375 Nov 11, 2013
Rate of increase was higher....

Location hidden

#93376 Nov 11, 2013
Edog probably even thinks Clinton was an awful president.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#93377 Nov 11, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want to remember GW Bush or how much danger our economy was in, during 2008......to be honest about events, would work againest their campaign of legislative destruction and manufactured outrage......the current GOP could'nt be further from the people, if they tried.....

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#93378 Nov 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Edog probably even thinks Clinton was an awful president.
Of course he does. He will implode when Hillary is the next President.

Bush was so great that he was nonexistent at the last two conventions. Instead there was Clint Eastwood talking to a chair.

Location hidden

#93379 Nov 11, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>I can't fathom how anyone with a brain could fathom that injecting chemicals into the earth to extract anything is *worth it*. But, they are training folks to buy bottled water and the CEO of Nestle has said that drinking water is "not a right". There's already big money in water- wait until it gets scarce. Fracking will hasten that.
Many believe that years in the future, after we both are long gone.....the survival of man, will depend on who can produce and retain, the most food and fresh water.....Everyone is well aware of the dangers of fracking, but only those in Washington, not supported by big oil will admit it.....Many State Houses have been compremised by this lobby also....

Location hidden

#93380 Nov 11, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he does. He will implode when Hillary is the next President.
Bush was so great that he was nonexistent at the last two conventions. Instead there was Clint Eastwood talking to a chair.
Saddest yet, for all those reichwing Obama haters is.....Hillary isn't allowed to start early!....lol....

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#93381 Nov 11, 2013

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#93382 Nov 11, 2013
Website with some really cool fun facts to pass the time. http://wtffunfact.com

For the record, this thread was set up to talk about anything and everything but politics. There are so many political threads on Topix that those of you who insist on discussing it here suck. I miss my regs friends who have been turned off by your crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min russianrepukes 1,641,361
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 20 min OwnerScrewingPOSTERS 4
What if Ken Starr was RIGHT? 25 min HMmmmmmmmm 1
What Happpened to the Wall? 1 hr Waldo 1
Trump is A 1 hr WarmFuzzyGUY 71
Mulvaney is an A HO 2 hr Bill Q 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr Fugooo 64,113

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages