Topix Chitown Regulars

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93293 Nov 8, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
I should have said,
former Cook County Cmsr. and 7th Ward Ald. William Beavers said "I'm not a stool pigeon, I'm not going to be a stool pigeon and never will be one."
He's basically saying he's not going to rat on anyone. Where is the outrage from city hall or folks who live in Chicago. Shouldn't elected officials be expected to root out corruption? Nope, not in Chicago. That's how Chicago politics works ... no accountability ... voters don't even expect it. Half of them are uneducated morons, themselves.
A lot of truth here, but not unique to Chicago. I believe that statistically New Orleans was worse. Common problems for most big cities.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93294 Nov 8, 2013
Neat Map. So far as I can tell, all the Regs fall in one of the colored areas.

http://www.america2050.org/sync/elements/amer...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#93295 Nov 8, 2013
Good morning. Got my new recliner delivered today! It looks great with my light blue/grey walls (the chair is a steel grey/cornflower blue color. It looks nice. It's small -- the kind you'd see in Grandma's room at the nursing home. ;)

Location hidden

#93296 Nov 8, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of truth here, but not unique to Chicago. I believe that statistically New Orleans was worse. Common problems for most big cities.
I remember when New Orleans was int he news for being the most corrupt police department in the nation. They said a big reason was the low pay (lowest in the countrY): A NO cop made an average of $13K a year back then (20 years ago?). That left the door open to bribery and corruption. What finally brought it to a head was when a cop committed several murders at a diner/restaurant, then killed her own partner.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93297 Nov 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good morning. Got my new recliner delivered today! It looks great with my light blue/grey walls (the chair is a steel grey/cornflower blue color. It looks nice. It's small -- the kind you'd see in Grandma's room at the nursing home. ;)
Or some hot chick in Minnesota...

Saint Petersburg, FL

#93298 Nov 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://nypost.com/2013/11/07/p sychologist-called-dad-unfit-p arent-for-refusing-son-mcdonal ds-suit/
What a terrible father!
This made me so mad! The dad did everything right - not giving in to the kid's tantrum and that lousy mother undid it all. If anything, the mother should get slapped for it.

And a kid isn't going to starve to death for missing one dinner. In fact, he's proabbly healthier not eating anything versus eating the McDonald's garbage!!!

What is this world coming to???

Saint Petersburg, FL

#93299 Nov 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel realyl bad for that dad. H e's beating himself up over this and he did NOTHING WRONG. nick doesn't take his kids to McDs, BK, none of that. Not saying you're wrong if you do, but you're sure not wrong if you don't.
I think more than anything, what the dad did right was to set a boundary, stick to it and not give in to the kid's tantrum. Then the mom stepped in and undid the whole lesson.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#93300 Nov 8, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that republicans are perfect, but the mafiosa-like style of local governance common to any big city which is controlled by a Democrats for a long period of time. You generally don't have these problems in large cities that are controlled by republicans for long periods of time.

It will be interesting to watch what happens in New York now that a democrat is back as mayor after many years under Giuliani and Bloomberg, which I must say seems to have been a good 20 year run for New York as a whole...

Location hidden

#93301 Nov 8, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think more than anything, what the dad did right was to set a boundary, stick to it and not give in to the kid's tantrum. Then the mom stepped in and undid the whole lesson.
ITA.

Location hidden

#93302 Nov 8, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that republicans are perfect, but the mafiosa-like style of local governance common to any big city which is controlled by a Democrats for a long period of time. You generally don't have these problems in large cities that are controlled by republicans for long periods of time.
It will be interesting to watch what happens in New York now that a democrat is back as mayor after many years under Giuliani and Bloomberg, which I must say seems to have been a good 20 year run for New York as a whole...
NY is AWFUL if you are black. The current policy of "stop and frisk for no reason" is ridiculous.

Location hidden

#93303 Nov 8, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And I completely disagree. Cite cities. You're just thinking of a handful of cities (Detroit, for example) and using anecdotal examples as evidence.
JAY Edgar Hoover

Hoffman Estates, IL

#93304 Nov 8, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, banning sodas- how enlightened... LOL! LET FREEDOM RING!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#93305 Nov 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
NY is AWFUL if you are black. The current policy of "stop and frisk for no reason" is ridiculous.
I think I'd rather be a black person in NYC than a black person in detroit that doesn't have stop and frisk. To say that a city is AWFUL, because you don't like one law is silly.

I also doubt that the law will be upheld as constitutional. Incidentally what the NSA is doing under Obama is 10x worse. Does that make his administration awful.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#93306 Nov 8, 2013
Oooo, I want some sexy color too!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-tannin...
Soda BAN

Kernersville, NC

#93307 Nov 8, 2013
JAY Edgar Hoover wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, banning sodas- how enlightened... LOL! LET FREEDOM RING!!!!!!!!!!
LOL. Thank you for picking up on a typo that I already picked up on. Since we are going to be so critical, let me explain something you did not pick up on: it was a size limit, not a soda BAN.

Are you gonna whine about the FDA banning Trans fats yesterday too?

I thought the law was silly, but I'd much rather have a mayor who limits soda sizes than a mayor who supports some shyte parking meter deal and mortgages the city's future.

Location hidden

#93308 Nov 8, 2013
Big cities, led by republicans, like Dallas-Fort Worth and Phoenix ... I can't think of a single large city run by democrats that is run AS well.

Heck, I cant think of a single city run by democrats that IS run well and that isn't corrupt as all hell or insolvent or in huge debt.
JAY Edgar Hoover

Hoffman Estates, IL

#93309 Nov 8, 2013
Soda BAN wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Thank you for picking up on a typo that I already picked up on. Since we are going to be so critical, let me explain something you did not pick up on: it was a size limit, not a soda BAN.
Are you gonna whine about the FDA banning Trans fats yesterday too?
I thought the law was silly, but I'd much rather have a mayor who limits soda sizes than a mayor who supports some shyte parking meter deal and mortgages the city's future.
AND a mayor who supports harassing black people. Look what happened to Detroit! They didn't harass their black people AND they had Unions. And no limit sodas....

Location hidden

#93310 Nov 8, 2013
JAY Edgar Hoover wrote:
<quoted text>AND a mayor who supports harassing black people. Look what happened to Detroit! They didn't harass their black people AND they had Unions. And no limit sodas....
I don't support the law. I think it is unconstitutional.

However, if you want to know why minorities are probably stopped more often, it's probably the same reason why our U.S. government spends more time and effort investigating terrorism in Muslim countries than say Iceland, even when you pro-rate the amount of money spent according to population.

But let's ignore the elephant in the room:

"In New York from January to June 2008, 83 percent of all gun assailants were black, according to witnesses and victims, though blacks were only 24 percent of the population. Blacks and Hispanics together accounted for 98 percent of all gun assailants. Forty-nine of every 50 muggings and murders in the Big Apple were the work of black or Hispanic criminals.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirms Mac Donald’s facts. Blacks and Hispanics commit 96 percent of all crimes in the city, he says, but only 85 percent of the stop-and-frisks are of blacks and Hispanics."

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/07/19/black-a...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93311 Nov 8, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Big cities, led by republicans, like Dallas-Fort Worth and Phoenix ... I can't think of a single large city run by democrats that is run AS well.
Heck, I cant think of a single city run by democrats that IS run well and that isn't corrupt as all hell or insolvent or in huge debt.
I'll agree about Phoenix, more familiar with it. I should have said east coast and midwest cities. More of a historically corrupt culture.
Some Common Sense

United States

#93312 Nov 8, 2013
"New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly confirms Mac Donald’s facts. Blacks and Hispanics commit 96 percent of all crimes in the city, he says, but only 85 percent of the stop-and-frisks are of blacks and Hispanics."

If if 85% of the stop-and-frisks are of blacks and Hispanics, how many white people do you think you're going to catch?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min Cleo 240,294
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 1,520,792
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 10,569
Protest is Treason 5 hr Our President Trump 1
Parental Alienation is Child Abuse 9 hr Fathers4Justice 1
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 9 hr They cannot kill ... 10
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 10 hr honeymylove 2,524

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages