Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not so good. Chicago is facing the same problems as the state as a whole.
true, but Rahn was on WGN yesterday talking about what he's doing. what was funny is how he was so subtle about what previous administrations have not done right. no names but that pretty much covers the Daleys. I think he's better for the city then anyone else that ran, and is watching the pennies.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
true, but Rahn was on WGN yesterday talking about what he's doing. what was funny is how he was so subtle about what previous administrations have not done right. no names but that pretty much covers the Daleys. I think he's better for the city then anyone else that ran, and is watching the pennies.
I have to agree. I might not agree with all of his decisions but he has no problem being a strong leader and that's something the State could use as well.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have much of a choice ... instead of dealing with the problems as a good mayor should do, Daley totally f'd over the city in his last few years. That parking meter deal alone was so dumb and short sighted.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
In a way I'm kinda happy. It pretty much guarantees that democrats are done in Illinois.
Not really

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have much of a choice ... instead of dealing with the problems as a good mayor should do, Daley totally f'd over the city in his last few years. That parking meter deal alone was so dumb and short sighted.
Daley's legacy is that he made sure all the different groups got theirs in relatively fair measures. His financial handling was awful and as we learn more and more, not at all transparent Millenium Park which is indeed a gem was 4 years lat and 1
$17 million over budget and now we ar learning that there are some bonds or other obligations for the park which he agreed to but wasn't publicized.

The park is grand. The Bean has become the hallmark of the city along with the Picasso. I am quite sure he couldn't have gotten it passed if the true likely cost were known.

The parking meters.

Meigs Field being bulldozed.

Someone remind me of other good stuff he achieved in his 20+ years.

The pensions

John Burge, police torturer who was on the police force when Daley was States Attorney and while he was mayor.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

OMG, this is awesome. Brought tears to my eyes. http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/san-fran...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
OMG, this is awesome. Brought tears to my eyes. http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/san-fran...
That is amazingly amazing! Brought tears to my eyes as well. Posted it on FB.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
In a way I'm kinda happy. It pretty much guarantees that democrats are done in Illinois.
Didn't you also say Obama was done after 1 term?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Didn't you also say Obama was done after 1 term?
Too bad I was wrong, eh? How's the Obamacare rollout going for you? How's our jobs?

Here's another prediction:

Illinois will turn red in 2014. So will the Senate. And Bammy will be impeached in 2015.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad I was wrong, eh? How's the Obamacare rollout going for you? How's our jobs?
Here's another prediction:
Illinois will turn red in 2014. So will the Senate. And Bammy will be impeached in 2015.
You really don't have a solid track record at political prognostications.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Anyone following the Richie Incognito saga?

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't have a solid track record at political prognostications.
I haven't really made any.

I was wrong about Obama but only because of dead and illegal alien voters.

We'll see if I'm wrong next November.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
It's a propagandized state run media story against the latest liberal agenda about bullying. It will go the same route as their screams against global warming and racism.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
You really don't have a solid track record at political prognostications.
Oh, and I was right about Obamacare. It's doubtful the dems will be able to wipe the egg off their face for allowing a partial government shutdown over it.

Meanwhile, Repubs are saying "told you so!"

How's it feel to be wrong?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
How's it feel to be wrong?
Wrong about what?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Yes. What a colossal a$$ that guy is.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
That was my initial reaction, but ever time I read a new article, the story twists a bit. I've seen quotes from current and former team mates, black and white, all supporting him. Pouncey, Ricky Williams, and more saying they don't consider him racist and feel him dropping the N-word doesn't mean jack. One article said some of the black team mates considered him an "honorary black guy"(not sure what the actual quote was).

The latest from um-named sources: COACHES gave him the order for the proverbial "code red". They wanted Incognito to toughen him up and he was just following orders.

Basically, I'm seeing very few players who support Martin. Most of the outrage is from us outside the NFL locker rooms.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/ 0ap2000000277722/article/hartl ine-jonathan-martin-laughed-ab out-voice-mail

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Is it a saga. he is an a*shole and has been called on it. He will keep talking and will dig himself deeper.
I am reminded of the crew in Slapshot

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That was my initial reaction, but ever time I read a new article, the story twists a bit. I've seen quotes from current and former team mates, black and white, all supporting him. Pouncey, Ricky Williams, and more saying they don't consider him racist and feel him dropping the N-word doesn't mean jack. One article said some of the black team mates considered him an "honorary black guy"(not sure what the actual quote was).
The latest from um-named sources: COACHES gave him the order for the proverbial "code red". They wanted Incognito to toughen him up and he was just following orders.
Basically, I'm seeing very few players who support Martin. Most of the outrage is from us outside the NFL locker rooms.
Is this the same NFL that seems to have wimped out when New Orleans had a hit list to specifically injure other players?

Is this the freedom all my friends on the right are so concerned we not lose and we are sending guys to Iraq and Afghaniston to fight for?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Incognito4Ever 1,079,961
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min truth 48,912
Abby July 25, 2014 23 min Toj 8
Ask Amy July 25, 2014 28 min Toj 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,628
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 31 min Bridgeview resident 71
Lawsuit claims neighbor's cat odors hurt proper... 34 min bensleys thoughts 1
Amy 7-24 3 hr Mister Tonka 24
Abby 7-24 16 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••