|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Had a good weekend. Finally signed up for Netflix and got into Breaking Bad. AMAZING show. I am partyway through season two already.

Yesterday, I made homemade italian sausage marinara for stuffed shells (which I will make today). Nick and the boys and I and a friend went to the old restored train depot and friend took pics of us and the boys, which was nice. I'll have to get them printed.

I made some lists... lists of music for the CDs I will give away at my funeral (like weddings sometimes offer!), lists of things to do in preparation like find a funeral location, call hospice, start purging belongings, etc.(Nick called my preferred funeral site, the local nature center, but they can hold only 150 people, so that's out).

I want to get as much done as possible as soon as possible so I can *relax* and enjoy visitors!

My mom is driving down tomorrow and we'll go to lunch, then she wants to take me shopping for a recliner. A friend is giving us a spare bed so my mom will be able to sleep here when necessary, until we convert the two front rooms to where we put a rented hospital bed and set things up for visitors to be comfortable to hang out with me.

Having a "to do" list helps me focus on things to do and lets me feel sorry for myself a little less.:)
Damn... <3. You know you're a crazy inspiring person, right? Even if you are an imaginary internet friend.

If you appreciate gallow's humor, check out Six Feet Under. I guess it's technically a drama, but it's one of my all time favorites.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Maybe you should do this at a "Rehearsal funeral", that way you get to enjoy it too!
(or is that grossly morbid?, if it is, sorry!)
<quoted text>
I floated the idea of an early funeral with my presence, then no funeral after I'm gone, but Nick was really bothered by that.

So friends are planning to throw a huge party. We're calling it Pity Party 2014 (or Piddy Party, someone wants to channel 50 cent).

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

RACE wrote:
Maybe you should do this at a "Rehearsal funeral", that way you get to enjoy it too!
(or is that grossly morbid?, if it is, sorry!)
<quoted text>
I like this idea- being at the party so you can enjoy it, too.

Spoiler alert. Back humor ahead.

You could ask friends in advance to be pallbearers and have them wear matching dresses at the "rehearsal" party.

You could go to Party City and get marked down morbid Halloween napkins or go fancy schmancy and have napkins and gift boxes for the CDs printed with your name and dates.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Had a good weekend. Finally signed up for Netflix and got into Breaking Bad. AMAZING show. I am partyway through season two already.
Yesterday, I made homemade italian sausage marinara for stuffed shells (which I will make today). Nick and the boys and I and a friend went to the old restored train depot and friend took pics of us and the boys, which was nice. I'll have to get them printed.
I made some lists... lists of music for the CDs I will give away at my funeral (like weddings sometimes offer!), lists of things to do in preparation like find a funeral location, call hospice, start purging belongings, etc.(Nick called my preferred funeral site, the local nature center, but they can hold only 150 people, so that's out).
I want to get as much done as possible as soon as possible so I can *relax* and enjoy visitors!
My mom is driving down tomorrow and we'll go to lunch, then she wants to take me shopping for a recliner. A friend is giving us a spare bed so my mom will be able to sleep here when necessary, until we convert the two front rooms to where we put a rented hospital bed and set things up for visitors to be comfortable to hang out with me.
Having a "to do" list helps me focus on things to do and lets me feel sorry for myself a little less.:)
You never cease to amaze me! Wow!

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn... <3. You know you're a crazy inspiring person, right? Even if you are an imaginary internet friend.
If you appreciate gallow's humor, check out Six Feet Under. I guess it's technically a drama, but it's one of my all time favorites.
It's a "dramady" and it's AWESOME! One of my favorite shows! And Dexter's in it!!!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a "dramady" and it's AWESOME! One of my favorite shows! And Dexter's in it!!!
Yes, and unlike Dexter, Six Feet Under wraps up fantastically and has one of the best finales ever.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

I'm working from home today as I have a cold (my second in a month!) and I have HGTV on in the background. I know that some of the drama on these shows is staged. But damn, do half these couples even talk to each other before they meet with a realtor? And the inability of some of these to compromise with their spouse...wow. I think being a realtor would be fascinating, but I'd have to head butt some of these people.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I floated the idea of an early funeral with my presence, then no funeral after I'm gone, but Nick was really bothered by that.
So friends are planning to throw a huge party. We're calling it Pity Party 2014 (or Piddy Party, someone wants to channel 50 cent).
I like the idea of the Pity Party 2014.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Yeah, well, I still want to buy your bike if the price is right.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the idea of the Pity Party 2014.
Me too!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Congrats to you Bears fans! I was sure the Packers would win!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

So, I'm all set for my Minneapolis trip! Flying out Wed. eve and coming back Sat. night. It's so cold there! I hate the 72 we had, lol.

Also just bookedmy Boston trip 2 weeks later....staying 1 block from Harvard. I am so going to go all Elle Woods on that place.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
So, I'm all set for my Minneapolis trip! Flying out Wed. eve and coming back Sat. night. It's so cold there! I hate the 72 we had, lol.
Also just bookedmy Boston trip 2 weeks later....staying 1 block from Harvard. I am so going to go all Elle Woods on that place.
Is that this week or next week? When you emailed me, I was getting FLOODED. Thanks to FB, WaPo, and caring bridge, I have over 300 pages of emails in my in box.

If you want to email me again at hotmail, I will pay better attention and answer you tonight or tomorrow.

And now that I'm sick, I drink like a Baptist! ;)~

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Congrats to you Bears fans! I was sure the Packers would win!
...What a strange game...our backup was better than theirs....lol....good times....
JOHN ECO

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

GET OUR LOW RATED LOW TO PAY OFF BILLS AND START UP A BUSINESS CONTACT ECOLOANOFFER149@g mail.com

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

Judged:

Whoo hooo! I got a new chair!!

I know, I know it's not really a big deal, but as a civil servant, we rarely get anything new so when it happens it can make a person a little giddy.

:D
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to email me again at hotmail, I will pay better attention and answer you tonight or tomorrow.
~
Done!

Is it snowing? They say it's snowing.
I'd love to see snow but gah----so cold.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Whoo hooo! I got a new chair!!
I know, I know it's not really a big deal, but as a civil servant, we rarely get anything new so when it happens it can make a person a little giddy.
:D
It is the little things.
I'd be happy with a projector that worked. When I am fired, the headline will read, "Veteran Teacher Pitches Computer Off Roof!"

In semi-related news, the fire folks trolled through looking for things to whine about: apparently, the cute little things I have hanging from the ceiling are a fire code, but attaching them to the wall is not.*blink*

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the little things.
I'd be happy with a projector that worked. When I am fired, the headline will read, "Veteran Teacher Pitches Computer Off Roof!"
In semi-related news, the fire folks trolled through looking for things to whine about: apparently, the cute little things I have hanging from the ceiling are a fire code, but attaching them to the wall is not.*blink*
overhead sprinklers, perhaps?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 91,761 - 91,780 of96,404
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Incognito4Ever 1,037,726
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min LRS 167,754
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 56 min _Zoey_ 4,045
Music Artists A to Z 57 min _Zoey_ 102
Amy 4-24 1 hr RACE 35
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr Tea Bagger 511
Amy 4-23 1 hr RACE 43
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search