|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

NWmoon wrote:
Just had to share the good news...
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/06/us/illinois...
Yes, because gay marriage is MUCH more important than... I dunno... solving the 100 BILLION pension deficit problem?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Without in any way diminishing the importance of this bill, it is a deflection from the much much bigger problem of unfunded pensions and lack of budget constraints. Illinois has the worst credit rating in the US.
I am watching to see if they tackle that problem next
It would help if we had a better, stronger governor.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

In a way I'm kinda happy. It pretty much guarantees that democrats are done in Illinois.
dahgts

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
In a way I'm kinda happy. It pretty much guarantees that democrats are done in Illinois.
In your dreams. Downstate won't win out over Chicago area. I will say it would be good to get rid of Madigan and I won't mind a Repub governor as long as he/she is not a right wing nutjob.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Without in any way diminishing the importance of this bill, it is a deflection from the much much bigger problem of unfunded pensions and lack of budget constraints. Illinois has the worst credit rating in the US.
Unfunded pensions are gonna be a huge problem, down the line....For years in Law Enforcement, Firemen and other public servants had an incredible pension plan....actually too good to be true...Police could retire after 20 years with 50% pension, at their highest salary....without any employee deduction at all....INCREDIBLE....even got 2.5% for every additional work year....Pie in the Sky, eh?....Up until, these cities, municipalities and governments are now learning, that may be impossible to fund.....Your right, another path needs to be taken....
Mimi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

So Illinois passed same sex marriage. Whats that like 13 or 14 states now with Hawaii getting ready to do it too? Thats half the country...more than actually. More than 50% of the country supports this.

Damn hippie liberals....

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
In your dreams. Downstate won't win out over Chicago area.
That's not so good. Chicago is facing the same problems as the state as a whole.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Mimi wrote:
So Illinois passed same sex marriage. Whats that like 13 or 14 states now with Hawaii getting ready to do it too? Thats half the country...more than actually. More than 50% of the country supports this.
30%. Fifteen states out of fifty.
A noted observer

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to politics.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
30%. Fifteen states out of fifty.
Oops my bad. I was thinking 26…IDK why. <shrug> Still 30% that's about &#8531;, so yeah, it's getting there.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

* one third
dahgts

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not so good. Chicago is facing the same problems as the state as a whole.
true, but Rahn was on WGN yesterday talking about what he's doing. what was funny is how he was so subtle about what previous administrations have not done right. no names but that pretty much covers the Daleys. I think he's better for the city then anyone else that ran, and is watching the pennies.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
true, but Rahn was on WGN yesterday talking about what he's doing. what was funny is how he was so subtle about what previous administrations have not done right. no names but that pretty much covers the Daleys. I think he's better for the city then anyone else that ran, and is watching the pennies.
I have to agree. I might not agree with all of his decisions but he has no problem being a strong leader and that's something the State could use as well.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have much of a choice ... instead of dealing with the problems as a good mayor should do, Daley totally f'd over the city in his last few years. That parking meter deal alone was so dumb and short sighted.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Not really

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't have much of a choice ... instead of dealing with the problems as a good mayor should do, Daley totally f'd over the city in his last few years. That parking meter deal alone was so dumb and short sighted.
Daley's legacy is that he made sure all the different groups got theirs in relatively fair measures. His financial handling was awful and as we learn more and more, not at all transparent Millenium Park which is indeed a gem was 4 years lat and 1
$17 million over budget and now we ar learning that there are some bonds or other obligations for the park which he agreed to but wasn't publicized.

The park is grand. The Bean has become the hallmark of the city along with the Picasso. I am quite sure he couldn't have gotten it passed if the true likely cost were known.

The parking meters.

Meigs Field being bulldozed.

Someone remind me of other good stuff he achieved in his 20+ years.

The pensions

John Burge, police torturer who was on the police force when Daley was States Attorney and while he was mayor.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

OMG, this is awesome. Brought tears to my eyes. http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/san-fran...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
OMG, this is awesome. Brought tears to my eyes. http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/san-fran...
That is amazingly amazing! Brought tears to my eyes as well. Posted it on FB.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Didn't you also say Obama was done after 1 term?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Didn't you also say Obama was done after 1 term?
Too bad I was wrong, eh? How's the Obamacare rollout going for you? How's our jobs?

Here's another prediction:

Illinois will turn red in 2014. So will the Senate. And Bammy will be impeached in 2015.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••