Topix Chitown Regulars

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#93170 Nov 4, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a "dramady" and it's AWESOME! One of my favorite shows! And Dexter's in it!!!
Yes, and unlike Dexter, Six Feet Under wraps up fantastically and has one of the best finales ever.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#93171 Nov 4, 2013
I'm working from home today as I have a cold (my second in a month!) and I have HGTV on in the background. I know that some of the drama on these shows is staged. But damn, do half these couples even talk to each other before they meet with a realtor? And the inability of some of these to compromise with their spouse...wow. I think being a realtor would be fascinating, but I'd have to head butt some of these people.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93172 Nov 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I floated the idea of an early funeral with my presence, then no funeral after I'm gone, but Nick was really bothered by that.
So friends are planning to throw a huge party. We're calling it Pity Party 2014 (or Piddy Party, someone wants to channel 50 cent).
I like the idea of the Pity Party 2014.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#93173 Nov 4, 2013
Yeah, well, I still want to buy your bike if the price is right.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I floated the idea of an early funeral with my presence, then no funeral after I'm gone, but Nick was really bothered by that.
So friends are planning to throw a huge party. We're calling it Pity Party 2014 (or Piddy Party, someone wants to channel 50 cent).

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#93175 Nov 4, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the idea of the Pity Party 2014.
Me too!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#93176 Nov 4, 2013
Congrats to you Bears fans! I was sure the Packers would win!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#93177 Nov 4, 2013
So, I'm all set for my Minneapolis trip! Flying out Wed. eve and coming back Sat. night. It's so cold there! I hate the 72 we had, lol.

Also just bookedmy Boston trip 2 weeks later....staying 1 block from Harvard. I am so going to go all Elle Woods on that place.

Location hidden

#93178 Nov 4, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
So, I'm all set for my Minneapolis trip! Flying out Wed. eve and coming back Sat. night. It's so cold there! I hate the 72 we had, lol.
Also just bookedmy Boston trip 2 weeks later....staying 1 block from Harvard. I am so going to go all Elle Woods on that place.
Is that this week or next week? When you emailed me, I was getting FLOODED. Thanks to FB, WaPo, and caring bridge, I have over 300 pages of emails in my in box.

If you want to email me again at hotmail, I will pay better attention and answer you tonight or tomorrow.

And now that I'm sick, I drink like a Baptist! ;)~

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#93179 Nov 5, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#93180 Nov 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Congrats to you Bears fans! I was sure the Packers would win!
...What a strange game...our backup was better than theirs....lol....good times....
JOHN ECO

Europe

#93181 Nov 5, 2013
GET OUR LOW RATED LOW TO PAY OFF BILLS AND START UP A BUSINESS CONTACT ECOLOANOFFER149@g mail.com

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#93182 Nov 5, 2013
Whoo hooo! I got a new chair!!

I know, I know it's not really a big deal, but as a civil servant, we rarely get anything new so when it happens it can make a person a little giddy.

:D
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#93183 Nov 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to email me again at hotmail, I will pay better attention and answer you tonight or tomorrow.
~
Done!

Is it snowing? They say it's snowing.
I'd love to see snow but gah----so cold.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#93184 Nov 5, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Whoo hooo! I got a new chair!!
I know, I know it's not really a big deal, but as a civil servant, we rarely get anything new so when it happens it can make a person a little giddy.
:D
It is the little things.
I'd be happy with a projector that worked. When I am fired, the headline will read, "Veteran Teacher Pitches Computer Off Roof!"

In semi-related news, the fire folks trolled through looking for things to whine about: apparently, the cute little things I have hanging from the ceiling are a fire code, but attaching them to the wall is not.*blink*

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93185 Nov 5, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the little things.
I'd be happy with a projector that worked. When I am fired, the headline will read, "Veteran Teacher Pitches Computer Off Roof!"
In semi-related news, the fire folks trolled through looking for things to whine about: apparently, the cute little things I have hanging from the ceiling are a fire code, but attaching them to the wall is not.*blink*
overhead sprinklers, perhaps?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#93186 Nov 5, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the little things.
I've often joked that if our windows opened, we would be short a copier or two. A girl can dream though...

And I suspect Toj is right about the sprinklers.

Location hidden

#93187 Nov 5, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Done!
Is it snowing? They say it's snowing.
I'd love to see snow but gah----so cold.
It is snowing! I think it also will snow tomorrow, but it looks like it won't stick in the downtown areas. The northern suburbs and north of there likely will get some snow to stick.

If we get seven inches of snow, I doubt that there'll be more than an inch on the ground at the end of it.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93188 Nov 6, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#93189 Nov 6, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#93190 Nov 6, 2013
RACE wrote:
Okay, the firehose fanfare is super nice, but...did they end up getting some Chicago pizza?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min Yeah 1,251,371
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Brian_G 53,956
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min Dr Guru 192,188
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,145
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 1 hr TerryE 93
Chicage to add 9% tax to streaming media. 4 hr John 1
News Chicago on Alert for All Manner of Violence thi... 4 hr John 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages