|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen that around my neighborhood too. I dunno, I think drinking while you're taking you're kids trick or treating is kinda low brow and tacky.
Killjoy. No one is driving, except for a wagon.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Killjoy. No one is driving, except for a wagon.
Who said anything about driving? Walking the streets drinking beer from a solo cup while you're with your kids? Low brow.

"Hey maw! Grab the youngins and the plastic cups! We's goin halloweenin!"

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

That would be the "fancy cups", which make it high brow. If the were drinking from the Mason jars, that would be low brow.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about driving? Walking the streets drinking beer from a solo cup while you're with your kids? Low brow.
"Hey maw! Grab the youngins and the plastic cups! We's goin halloweenin!"

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

I'd be drinking too, if I had to deal with sugared-up hoardes of children all night.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Somewhere in here is a joke or pun about being off the wagon.
LOL - I bet you can find one!

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
I'd be drinking too, if I had to deal with sugared-up hoardes of children all night.
i feel bad for hte teachers tomorrow... the schools should declare the day after halloween an in-service day.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

HA!
Matilda77 wrote:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

RACE wrote:
I may have miss-read your post. I took your comment to mean that the cultures that do those things are sad, as in a sorry example of how to treat the dead.
<quoted text>
The photo of a two year old little girl, dressed up and dead on a velvet draped fainting couch, is pretty damn sad.....in any culture....not a matter of any type of judgement....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Number two, KIDS HATE GETTING TOOTSIE ROLLS! Who the hell wants to put something in their mouth that looks like a cat turd??! It's almost as bad as getting candy corn!
Ha! I pull out a bag for my 8th graders and you would have thought I was passing out gold bars.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Its raining hard. My driveway has a big puddle that is acting like a moat to keep out the thundering hoards. It is 445 and I have had 4, count em 4 trick or treaters. What teh H am I going to do with all this candy?

Oh Squishy? Nice Squishy, sweet, no doubt wet Squishy...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i feel bad for hte teachers tomorrow... the schools should declare the day after halloween an in-service day.
Here! Here!
Although, technically, there is newer research on candy and kids being hyper. It's not as accurate as we've been led to believe.
I've never noticed an issue behavior-wise; only that they bring it to school, lol.
I gave them candy today.

And after dealing with 130 strangers' kids, I never give candy tonight. Lights off; leave me alone!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

In other news, my ex asked me out last night!
The one from church I broke up with in 2007, right before my bro's accident.
He left me a rose, pumpkin, note, and candy car on my front porch today....ack...not feeling it.
I have anotger dude I'm interested in but he needs to pursue a wee harder. Texting a few lines every other day isn't cutting it.
Pundit

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>WTF...How could you possibly spin that post into some argument?
Welcome to the regs!

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
Its raining hard. My driveway has a big puddle that is acting like a moat to keep out the thundering hoards. It is 445 and I have had 4, count em 4 trick or treaters. What teh H am I going to do with all this candy?
Stopped raining here. Blew through twelve bags of candy. Then I handed out the Dcon! After that was gone, started giving out bottles of beer.

Every dam year...

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
I have anotger dude I'm interested in but he needs to pursue a wee harder. Texting a few lines every other day isn't cutting it.
Thought you loath texting?? And as we (men) get older, we just ain't gonna waste our time with a gal playing "hard to get." So some friendly advice and food for thought, quit making him "chase" you.

And as always, I'm still here once you realize you can't do any better and might as well give up and settle....

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

I know that the doorbell has stopped ringing for most of you, but I really liked this. http://www.davisenterprise.com/forum/opinion-...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

PEllen wrote:
The girls have ice skating lessons on Thursdays so we did not hit the streets until 6:30 and the rain had just stopped. Only wet from the trees dripping on us. Yay! I really thought it was going to be miserable trick or treating this year.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
I know that the doorbell has stopped ringing for most of you, but I really liked this. http://www.davisenterprise.com/forum/opinion-...
Yeah we had a couple of those.( sniffle, sniff)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
The girls have ice skating lessons on Thursdays so we did not hit the streets until 6:30 and the rain had just stopped. Only wet from the trees dripping on us. Yay! I really thought it was going to be miserable trick or treating this year.
Are you interested in my stash?I could be the Halloween version of the Easter Bunny.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 91,661 - 91,680 of97,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

124 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,072,200
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Brian_G 45,480
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 12 min Dems Destroy Democracy 1,829
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 24 min Obama Sucks 7,562
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min KiMare 48,690
Abby 7-11 52 min edogxxx 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Afro-Euro-American Prez 173,619
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info