Topix Chitown Regulars

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93153 Nov 2, 2013
Mimi

United States

#93154 Nov 2, 2013
RACE wrote:
Had absolutely Zero trick or treaters. Now I have 80 oz (thats 5 lbs to you and me) of chocolate I need to dump.
Send it to me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#93155 Nov 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Last year's winner if the intel international science contest was a 16yo kid who created an early test for lung, pancreatic, and breast cancer. Tests cost three cents each, take only five minutes, and are 600 times more sensitive than the tests already available.
AMAZING!
..One of my favorite shows, CBS Sunday Morning had a great segment about that young man, and how...Now, that everyone knows what he has accomplished, he is getting tremendous access to the bigtime labs and the CDC.....See there, it give's so many hope, that the next big advance could come from anywhere.....
Pundit

Hoffman Estates, IL

#93156 Nov 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Last year's winner if the intel international science contest was a 16yo kid who created an early test for lung, pancreatic, and breast cancer. Tests cost three cents each, take only five minutes, and are 600 times more sensitive than the tests already available.
AMAZING!
Doesn't do you much good at this point.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#93157 Nov 2, 2013
Pundit wrote:
Doesn't do you much good at this point.
Why not?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#93159 Nov 3, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#93160 Nov 4, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#93161 Nov 4, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#93162 Nov 4, 2013
Had a good weekend. Finally signed up for Netflix and got into Breaking Bad. AMAZING show. I am partyway through season two already.

Yesterday, I made homemade italian sausage marinara for stuffed shells (which I will make today). Nick and the boys and I and a friend went to the old restored train depot and friend took pics of us and the boys, which was nice. I'll have to get them printed.

I made some lists... lists of music for the CDs I will give away at my funeral (like weddings sometimes offer!), lists of things to do in preparation like find a funeral location, call hospice, start purging belongings, etc.(Nick called my preferred funeral site, the local nature center, but they can hold only 150 people, so that's out).

I want to get as much done as possible as soon as possible so I can *relax* and enjoy visitors!

My mom is driving down tomorrow and we'll go to lunch, then she wants to take me shopping for a recliner. A friend is giving us a spare bed so my mom will be able to sleep here when necessary, until we convert the two front rooms to where we put a rented hospital bed and set things up for visitors to be comfortable to hang out with me.

Having a "to do" list helps me focus on things to do and lets me feel sorry for myself a little less.:)

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#93163 Nov 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Had a good weekend. Finally signed up for Netflix and got into Breaking Bad. AMAZING show. I am partyway through season two already.
Yesterday, I made homemade italian sausage marinara for stuffed shells (which I will make today). Nick and the boys and I and a friend went to the old restored train depot and friend took pics of us and the boys, which was nice. I'll have to get them printed.
I made some lists... lists of music for the CDs I will give away at my funeral (like weddings sometimes offer!), lists of things to do in preparation like find a funeral location, call hospice, start purging belongings, etc.(Nick called my preferred funeral site, the local nature center, but they can hold only 150 people, so that's out).
I want to get as much done as possible as soon as possible so I can *relax* and enjoy visitors!
My mom is driving down tomorrow and we'll go to lunch, then she wants to take me shopping for a recliner. A friend is giving us a spare bed so my mom will be able to sleep here when necessary, until we convert the two front rooms to where we put a rented hospital bed and set things up for visitors to be comfortable to hang out with me.
Having a "to do" list helps me focus on things to do and lets me feel sorry for myself a little less.:)
Your attitude is amazing and inspirational. <sniff>

Isn't Breaking Bad GREAT? I know I already suggested Orange is the New Black on FB but I'll reiterate that here, with a caveat that you should not expect the same quality of acting or writing. But OITNB is *entertaining* and interesting.

The Walking Dead is a good show too.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#93164 Nov 4, 2013
Maybe you should do this at a "Rehearsal funeral", that way you get to enjoy it too!
(or is that grossly morbid?, if it is, sorry!)
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Had a good weekend.
I made some lists... lists of music for the CDs I will give away at my funeral (like weddings sometimes offer!):)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#93165 Nov 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Had a good weekend. Finally signed up for Netflix and got into Breaking Bad. AMAZING show. I am partyway through season two already.

Yesterday, I made homemade italian sausage marinara for stuffed shells (which I will make today). Nick and the boys and I and a friend went to the old restored train depot and friend took pics of us and the boys, which was nice. I'll have to get them printed.

I made some lists... lists of music for the CDs I will give away at my funeral (like weddings sometimes offer!), lists of things to do in preparation like find a funeral location, call hospice, start purging belongings, etc.(Nick called my preferred funeral site, the local nature center, but they can hold only 150 people, so that's out).

I want to get as much done as possible as soon as possible so I can *relax* and enjoy visitors!

My mom is driving down tomorrow and we'll go to lunch, then she wants to take me shopping for a recliner. A friend is giving us a spare bed so my mom will be able to sleep here when necessary, until we convert the two front rooms to where we put a rented hospital bed and set things up for visitors to be comfortable to hang out with me.

Having a "to do" list helps me focus on things to do and lets me feel sorry for myself a little less.:)
Damn... <3. You know you're a crazy inspiring person, right? Even if you are an imaginary internet friend.

If you appreciate gallow's humor, check out Six Feet Under. I guess it's technically a drama, but it's one of my all time favorites.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#93166 Nov 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
Maybe you should do this at a "Rehearsal funeral", that way you get to enjoy it too!
(or is that grossly morbid?, if it is, sorry!)
<quoted text>
I floated the idea of an early funeral with my presence, then no funeral after I'm gone, but Nick was really bothered by that.

So friends are planning to throw a huge party. We're calling it Pity Party 2014 (or Piddy Party, someone wants to channel 50 cent).

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93167 Nov 4, 2013
RACE wrote:
Maybe you should do this at a "Rehearsal funeral", that way you get to enjoy it too!
(or is that grossly morbid?, if it is, sorry!)
<quoted text>
I like this idea- being at the party so you can enjoy it, too.

Spoiler alert. Back humor ahead.

You could ask friends in advance to be pallbearers and have them wear matching dresses at the "rehearsal" party.

You could go to Party City and get marked down morbid Halloween napkins or go fancy schmancy and have napkins and gift boxes for the CDs printed with your name and dates.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#93168 Nov 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Had a good weekend. Finally signed up for Netflix and got into Breaking Bad. AMAZING show. I am partyway through season two already.
Yesterday, I made homemade italian sausage marinara for stuffed shells (which I will make today). Nick and the boys and I and a friend went to the old restored train depot and friend took pics of us and the boys, which was nice. I'll have to get them printed.
I made some lists... lists of music for the CDs I will give away at my funeral (like weddings sometimes offer!), lists of things to do in preparation like find a funeral location, call hospice, start purging belongings, etc.(Nick called my preferred funeral site, the local nature center, but they can hold only 150 people, so that's out).
I want to get as much done as possible as soon as possible so I can *relax* and enjoy visitors!
My mom is driving down tomorrow and we'll go to lunch, then she wants to take me shopping for a recliner. A friend is giving us a spare bed so my mom will be able to sleep here when necessary, until we convert the two front rooms to where we put a rented hospital bed and set things up for visitors to be comfortable to hang out with me.
Having a "to do" list helps me focus on things to do and lets me feel sorry for myself a little less.:)
You never cease to amaze me! Wow!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#93169 Nov 4, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn... <3. You know you're a crazy inspiring person, right? Even if you are an imaginary internet friend.
If you appreciate gallow's humor, check out Six Feet Under. I guess it's technically a drama, but it's one of my all time favorites.
It's a "dramady" and it's AWESOME! One of my favorite shows! And Dexter's in it!!!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#93170 Nov 4, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a "dramady" and it's AWESOME! One of my favorite shows! And Dexter's in it!!!
Yes, and unlike Dexter, Six Feet Under wraps up fantastically and has one of the best finales ever.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#93171 Nov 4, 2013
I'm working from home today as I have a cold (my second in a month!) and I have HGTV on in the background. I know that some of the drama on these shows is staged. But damn, do half these couples even talk to each other before they meet with a realtor? And the inability of some of these to compromise with their spouse...wow. I think being a realtor would be fascinating, but I'd have to head butt some of these people.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93172 Nov 4, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I floated the idea of an early funeral with my presence, then no funeral after I'm gone, but Nick was really bothered by that.
So friends are planning to throw a huge party. We're calling it Pity Party 2014 (or Piddy Party, someone wants to channel 50 cent).
I like the idea of the Pity Party 2014.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#93173 Nov 4, 2013
Yeah, well, I still want to buy your bike if the price is right.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I floated the idea of an early funeral with my presence, then no funeral after I'm gone, but Nick was really bothered by that.
So friends are planning to throw a huge party. We're calling it Pity Party 2014 (or Piddy Party, someone wants to channel 50 cent).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min eggosaurus 1,744,107
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 243,393
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Julia 12,214
last post wins! (Dec '10) 8 hr Julia 3,261
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr Julia 2,570
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 8 hr Julia 3,807
Word (Dec '08) 8 hr Julia 6,963

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages