Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

PEllen wrote:
My traditional Halloween meal is Chicken Cacciatore- really fragrant. Best compliment I ever got was some kid who had just gotten his candy who sniffed and said longingly that my house smelled real good.
Might just do that tomorrow night although the girls are now 27.
Yum! We usually have chili, but that's out this year since we're eating very low carb. I think I have enough odds and ends on hand to do chicken cacciatori in the crock pot.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yum! We usually have chili, but that's out this year since we're eating very low carb. I think I have enough odds and ends on hand to do chicken cacciatori in the crock pot.
I haven't tried it in the crockpot- for us its a stove top dish, but that is not a bad idea.

FWIW I use the Joy of Cooking recipe and doctor it up a bit

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
I've heard that in the rich area by me, parents of trick-or-treaters are offered wine. Grown up trick-or-treating. I'm tempted to borrow some kids tomorrow night.
I know people who give out beer and wine coolers to the parents. And it's not a rich area at all -- just fun people.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Disagree.
If it is done as an act of reverence, love and respect, then it is just your views that see it as sad, and frankly limited.
<quoted text>
WTF...How could you possibly spin that post into some argument?

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I know people who give out beer and wine coolers to the parents. And it's not a rich area at all -- just fun people.
LOL - afriend of mine in NJ and I were just e-mailing and he commented that he had to remember to pick up beer for the trick or treating parents tonight. He said a solo cup and a wagon means they want beer.:D

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - afriend of mine in NJ and I were just e-mailing and he commented that he had to remember to pick up beer for the trick or treating parents tonight. He said a solo cup and a wagon means they want beer.:D
Awesome! Love it.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Somewhere in here is a joke or pun about being off the wagon.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>WTF...How could you possibly spin that post into some argument?
He's been on his high and mighty horse lately. Maybe his hangover's wearing off.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen that around my neighborhood too. I dunno, I think drinking while you're taking you're kids trick or treating is kinda low brow and tacky.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

I may have miss-read your post. I took your comment to mean that the cultures that do those things are sad, as in a sorry example of how to treat the dead.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>WTF...How could you possibly spin that post into some argument?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

My horse is high and mighty, and he will grind you under his hooves like so much dirt on the path beneath him.
Scamper peasant, and let the nobleman pass!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
He's been on his high and mighty horse lately. Maybe his hangover's wearing off.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen that around my neighborhood too. I dunno, I think drinking while you're taking you're kids trick or treating is kinda low brow and tacky.
Killjoy. No one is driving, except for a wagon.

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Killjoy. No one is driving, except for a wagon.
Who said anything about driving? Walking the streets drinking beer from a solo cup while you're with your kids? Low brow.

"Hey maw! Grab the youngins and the plastic cups! We's goin halloweenin!"

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Judged:

That would be the "fancy cups", which make it high brow. If the were drinking from the Mason jars, that would be low brow.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about driving? Walking the streets drinking beer from a solo cup while you're with your kids? Low brow.
"Hey maw! Grab the youngins and the plastic cups! We's goin halloweenin!"

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

I'd be drinking too, if I had to deal with sugared-up hoardes of children all night.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Somewhere in here is a joke or pun about being off the wagon.
LOL - I bet you can find one!

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
I'd be drinking too, if I had to deal with sugared-up hoardes of children all night.
i feel bad for hte teachers tomorrow... the schools should declare the day after halloween an in-service day.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

HA!
Matilda77 wrote:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

RACE wrote:
I may have miss-read your post. I took your comment to mean that the cultures that do those things are sad, as in a sorry example of how to treat the dead.
<quoted text>
The photo of a two year old little girl, dressed up and dead on a velvet draped fainting couch, is pretty damn sad.....in any culture....not a matter of any type of judgement....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Number two, KIDS HATE GETTING TOOTSIE ROLLS! Who the hell wants to put something in their mouth that looks like a cat turd??! It's almost as bad as getting candy corn!
Ha! I pull out a bag for my 8th graders and you would have thought I was passing out gold bars.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 3:48AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••