“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#93099 Oct 31, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Its raining hard. My driveway has a big puddle that is acting like a moat to keep out the thundering hoards. It is 445 and I have had 4, count em 4 trick or treaters. What teh H am I going to do with all this candy?
Oh Squishy? Nice Squishy, sweet, no doubt wet Squishy...
The girls have ice skating lessons on Thursdays so we did not hit the streets until 6:30 and the rain had just stopped. Only wet from the trees dripping on us. Yay! I really thought it was going to be miserable trick or treating this year.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93100 Oct 31, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I know that the doorbell has stopped ringing for most of you, but I really liked this. http://www.davisenterprise.com/forum/opinion-...
Yeah we had a couple of those.( sniffle, sniff)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#93101 Oct 31, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
The girls have ice skating lessons on Thursdays so we did not hit the streets until 6:30 and the rain had just stopped. Only wet from the trees dripping on us. Yay! I really thought it was going to be miserable trick or treating this year.
Are you interested in my stash?I could be the Halloween version of the Easter Bunny.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#93102 Nov 1, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#93103 Nov 1, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I know that the doorbell has stopped ringing for most of you, but I really liked this. http://www.davisenterprise.com/forum/opinion-...
Don't know about you, but i think we had less than the usual amount of Trick or Treaters, last nite.....Here in Fl it was nice, mid 70's.....Dolphin's were on TV, but not sure that had much to do with it....Did y'all have less kids?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#93104 Nov 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know about you, but i think we had less than the usual amount of Trick or Treaters, last nite.....Here in Fl it was nice, mid 70's.....Dolphin's were on TV, but not sure that had much to do with it....Did y'all have less kids?
We had ridiculous amounts of kids. Two years ago we had a snowstorm and last year we were without power due to Hurricane Sandy. The kids (and parents) were ready to go trick or treating.

Plus, we live in a neighborhood with lots of elementary school children. When we bought our house 10 years ago, there were lots of houses in the neighborhood for sale (lots of people moving to Florida). Most of the houses were bought by young couples or young families since there is a very good elementary school right up the block. It was crazy last night and most people ran out of candy!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#93105 Nov 1, 2013
Back in the hospital yesterday. Ugh four visits/stays in less than a month.

Will try to be better about coming/being here.

Location hidden

#93106 Nov 1, 2013
Race, finally reading Neil Peart's Ghost Rider. Interesting stuff.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#93107 Nov 1, 2013
But obviously you are judging.
You think maybe they wanted to ridicule the dead by doing that? Or maybe they were just on acid and forgot she was dead at all?

You say such a practice is sad, but they did not share your views, so why do you think they did do it?
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> The photo of a two year old little girl, dressed up and dead on a velvet draped fainting couch, is pretty damn sad.....in any culture....not a matter of any type of judgement....

Neda, stay with me!

#93108 Nov 1, 2013
Had absolutely Zero trick or treaters. Now I have 80 oz (thats 5 lbs to you and me) of chocolate I need to dump.

Neda, stay with me!

#93109 Nov 1, 2013
Sweet! The guy is amazingly talented. Right down the the pics of his bike for every chapter.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Race, finally reading Neil Peart's Ghost Rider. Interesting stuff.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#93110 Nov 1, 2013
RACE wrote:
But obviously you are judging.
You think maybe they wanted to ridicule the dead by doing that? Or maybe they were just on acid and forgot she was dead at all?
You say such a practice is sad, but they did not share your views, so why do you think they did do it?
<quoted text>
It was a custom, during Victorian times.....which coincided with early photography....the scene of the child is sad...I have no idea, why you keep insisting, that i think the practice or motives are sad.....are you often this delusional?....

Neda, stay with me!

#93111 Nov 1, 2013
I insist upon saying it because you insist upon saying it.
".the scene of the child is sad.. " In YOUR view, YOU are interpreting the photo as sad, but to the family of the child, it may have been a source of great comfort.

Are you trying to say that looking at the picture makes YOU sad, and not that the picture itself is a sad picture?
To me photographing a train wreck is a sad picture, or that girl in Vietnam running away from a napalm bombing. Those are sad pictures. But dressing the dead in grand garments and taking a picture of them is not sad (but not my cup of tea either).
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> It was a custom, during Victorian times.....which coincided with early photography....the scene of the child is sad...I have no idea, why you keep insisting, that i think the practice or motives are sad.....are you often this delusional?....

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93112 Nov 1, 2013
RACE wrote:
Had absolutely Zero trick or treaters.
Hmmm... Wonder why that is....

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93113 Nov 1, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Back in the hospital yesterday. Ugh four visits/stays in less than a month.
Will try to be better about coming/being here.
Any good news?

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#93114 Nov 1, 2013
And jeebus, race, get off it! A dead child is sad. Okay? Can we move on now?

"well that depends on what your interpretation of sad is..."

SHADDUP!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93115 Nov 1, 2013
RACE wrote:
I insist upon saying it because you insist upon saying it.
".the scene of the child is sad.. " In YOUR view, YOU are interpreting the photo as sad, but to the family of the child, it may have been a source of great comfort.
Are you trying to say that looking at the picture makes YOU sad, and not that the picture itself is a sad picture?
To me photographing a train wreck is a sad picture, or that girl in Vietnam running away from a napalm bombing. Those are sad pictures. But dressing the dead in grand garments and taking a picture of them is not sad (but not my cup of tea either).
<quoted text>
Who the hell else's view is he going to spout?

Seeing a small dead kid is sad.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#93116 Nov 1, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
SHADDUP!
Absolutely. Agree.

Neda, stay with me!

#93117 Nov 1, 2013
My point exactly. A dead child is sad, but not necessarily a portrait of one. Nor is the practice of photographing a dead child, a sad practice to engage is.
and I will shaddup when you cease your insipid obamma rants that go on for days at a time.
edogxxx wrote:
SHADDUP!

Location hidden

#93118 Nov 1, 2013
I thought I would have to have a colonoscopy today and I hated that. Turnout, I don't need one, woo hoo,

I now get to finally eat, then nap while they observe and make sure I'm okay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min mdbuilder 1,154,230
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 10 min barefoot2626 20
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min mdbuilder 49,235
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min KiMare 51,259
2 cops executed in new york 55 min You Sure R right 2
Shortened version of Obungledcare, understandable. 1 hr NOW U UNDERSTAND 1
Posted in the Ferguson Scanner.....Then DELETED... 1 hr ARTICLE CONTINUED 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 181,858
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance