Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey....
Lol--they are because it's not your topic. I find most boring because I don't care but you spend a good year or more on that freaking paper! I have to do a pilot study-grr-thus pushing me back 2 semesters! Boo.
But the paper is a beast and not something easy, hence the talking about it non-stop. I'm convinced it's legal hazing, rofl.
There's probably a lot of truth in that. I was speaking with my thesis adviser the other day about my research, which everyone so far seems to be excited about. So yay! But I know there;s going to be a lot of people who just don't care.

Anyway I just finished reading a dissertation, at her suggestion, and she asked me how it went (the reading) and I told her that I really had a hard time getting through it. When she asked why, I told her that I think it's just a not-interested-AT-ALL-in-the-t opic kind of thing. <shrug>

Some of them though are overwritten and obscure. Even though they are written for audiences like me (and you...) they are just really annoying to read. YOUR dissertation however I predict will be brilliant, engaging, and a wonderful read. Just like mine. ;-)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Need boots and a shovel, sheits getting deep in here!
:)
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
There's probably a lot of truth in that. I was speaking with my thesis adviser the other day about my research, which everyone so far seems to be excited about. So yay! But I know there;s going to be a lot of people who just don't care.
Anyway I just finished reading a dissertation, at her suggestion, and she asked me how it went (the reading) and I told her that I really had a hard time getting through it. When she asked why, I told her that I think it's just a not-interested-AT-ALL-in-the-t opic kind of thing. <shrug>
Some of them though are overwritten and obscure. Even though they are written for audiences like me (and you...) they are just really annoying to read. YOUR dissertation however I predict will be brilliant, engaging, and a wonderful read. Just like mine. ;-)

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, RACE! I went to a wolf rescue in the panhandle this weekend and it was really cool! One of them reminded me of the pictures of your mutt.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Sweet!
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, RACE! I went to a wolf rescue in the panhandle this weekend and it was really cool! One of them reminded me of the pictures of your mutt.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
Hi, RACE! I went to a wolf rescue in the panhandle this weekend
??
There's no wolves in Florida

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Woo hoo. Friend just got the new Pearl Jam cd and took it upon himself to burn me a copy and drop it at my doorstep while I was out last night.
Pearl Jam is still writing songs? Thought they were dead. Bunch of one hit wonder has-beens...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Ahem...

"Dear Mimi...we are pleased,... top GPA....blah, blah, blah,....Dean's list."

:-D

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

I posted this on FB, but thought some of you might appreciate it. Anyone who listens to Z100 or Y100 in the morning already heard it today. Kurt Cobain's singing voice was beautiful. http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/lis...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
I posted this on FB, but thought some of you might appreciate it. Anyone who listens to Z100 or Y100 in the morning already heard it today. Kurt Cobain's singing voice was beautiful. http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/lis...
That is outstanding, also Eric Clapton on the Beatles tone there.....I played drums many years ago, and woulda loved this technology, if it had been available....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
They say we are the expert at the defense, and will know more than anyone else in the room.
I have an outline for my lit review (ch. 2) and am about to organize all my lit and tackle it, one article/book at a time.*sigh*
With the pilot, it pushed me back, but it does buy me some time on the proposal defense, which will be by next summer.
Financial Aid is trying to stop paying, saying I hit my max hours, but they are counting my master's! Infuriating.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

For those of you who didn't see this on the news (since I would hate to think that any of you were actually watching the game - can't stand Ohio). Marching bands are so cool! http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Its interesting to hear it by itself, but it really does not give me any extra appreciation for his voice. I never thought he had a bad voice to begin with and I don't think the sonic wall that normally accompanied his voice did anything to detract from it. Additionally, his voice is front an center, ready to be appreciated, on a number of tracks without the screeching guitars, specifically All Apologies and many of the tracks they performed on Unplugged.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013 /10/27/style/gay-couples-choos ing-to-say-i-dont.html?partner =rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-n ytimes
Gays say "I Don't"
This is what I've been trying to tell you guys. Gays aren't interested in marriage.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
Financial Aid is trying to stop paying
You don't deserve financial aid. You're white. And a citizen.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
??
There's no wolves in Florida
Yes there are. Coyotes, too. There were coyotes in my friend's neighborhood not long ago.

But I was at a rescue in Chipley, FL. Seacrest Wolf Preserve. They have several species of wolves there. Look it up; it's very cool.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013 /10/27/style/gay-couples-choos ing-to-say-i-dont.html?partner =rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-n ytimes

Gays say "I Don't"
NJ now recognizes same sex marriages and plenty of couples have gotten married in the past week. The issue isn't whether every couple is going to get married.

The article you posted says that plenty of heterosexual couples are forgoing traditional marriage, too. They have that right. They can choose to forgo the legal protections that legal marriage provides, as well as avoiding any tax implications and whatever other negative consequences they see to legal marriage. They can take their vows as seriously or as lightly as they want. All homosexual couples have been asking is the right to make those choices, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,079,029
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min Frijoles 68,368
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 15 min Corrupt Democrats 1,855
Abby 7-24 54 min edogxxx 1
Amy 7-24 58 min edogxxx 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr lolol 12
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 174,513
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs