“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#92972 Oct 28, 2013
I posted this on FB, but thought some of you might appreciate it. Anyone who listens to Z100 or Y100 in the morning already heard it today. Kurt Cobain's singing voice was beautiful. http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/lis...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92973 Oct 28, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I posted this on FB, but thought some of you might appreciate it. Anyone who listens to Z100 or Y100 in the morning already heard it today. Kurt Cobain's singing voice was beautiful. http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/guitars/lis...
That is outstanding, also Eric Clapton on the Beatles tone there.....I played drums many years ago, and woulda loved this technology, if it had been available....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#92974 Oct 28, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
There's probably a lot of truth in that. I was speaking with my thesis adviser the other day about my research, which everyone so far seems to be excited about. So yay! But I know there;s going to be a lot of people who just don't care.
Anyway I just finished reading a dissertation, at her suggestion, and she asked me how it went (the reading) and I told her that I really had a hard time getting through it. When she asked why, I told her that I think it's just a not-interested-AT-ALL-in-the-t opic kind of thing. <shrug>
Some of them though are overwritten and obscure. Even though they are written for audiences like me (and you...) they are just really annoying to read. YOUR dissertation however I predict will be brilliant, engaging, and a wonderful read. Just like mine. ;-)
LOL
They say we are the expert at the defense, and will know more than anyone else in the room.
I have an outline for my lit review (ch. 2) and am about to organize all my lit and tackle it, one article/book at a time.*sigh*
With the pilot, it pushed me back, but it does buy me some time on the proposal defense, which will be by next summer.
Financial Aid is trying to stop paying, saying I hit my max hours, but they are counting my master's! Infuriating.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#92975 Oct 28, 2013
For those of you who didn't see this on the news (since I would hate to think that any of you were actually watching the game - can't stand Ohio). Marching bands are so cool! http://m.youtube.com/watch...

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92976 Oct 28, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92977 Oct 28, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Its interesting to hear it by itself, but it really does not give me any extra appreciation for his voice. I never thought he had a bad voice to begin with and I don't think the sonic wall that normally accompanied his voice did anything to detract from it. Additionally, his voice is front an center, ready to be appreciated, on a number of tracks without the screeching guitars, specifically All Apologies and many of the tracks they performed on Unplugged.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#92978 Oct 29, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92979 Oct 29, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92980 Oct 29, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013 /10/27/style/gay-couples-choos ing-to-say-i-dont.html?partner =rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-n ytimes
Gays say "I Don't"
This is what I've been trying to tell you guys. Gays aren't interested in marriage.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92981 Oct 29, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
Financial Aid is trying to stop paying
You don't deserve financial aid. You're white. And a citizen.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92982 Oct 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
??
There's no wolves in Florida
Yes there are. Coyotes, too. There were coyotes in my friend's neighborhood not long ago.

But I was at a rescue in Chipley, FL. Seacrest Wolf Preserve. They have several species of wolves there. Look it up; it's very cool.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#92983 Oct 29, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013 /10/27/style/gay-couples-choos ing-to-say-i-dont.html?partner =rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-n ytimes

Gays say "I Don't"
NJ now recognizes same sex marriages and plenty of couples have gotten married in the past week. The issue isn't whether every couple is going to get married.

The article you posted says that plenty of heterosexual couples are forgoing traditional marriage, too. They have that right. They can choose to forgo the legal protections that legal marriage provides, as well as avoiding any tax implications and whatever other negative consequences they see to legal marriage. They can take their vows as seriously or as lightly as they want. All homosexual couples have been asking is the right to make those choices, too.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#92984 Oct 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't deserve financial aid. You're white. And a citizen.
You're ignorant.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92985 Oct 29, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
NJ now recognizes same sex marriages and plenty of couples have gotten married in the past week. The issue isn't whether every couple is going to get married.
The article you posted says that plenty of heterosexual couples are forgoing traditional marriage, too. They have that right. They can choose to forgo the legal protections that legal marriage provides, as well as avoiding any tax implications and whatever other negative consequences they see to legal marriage. They can take their vows as seriously or as lightly as they want. All homosexual couples have been asking is the right to make those choices, too.
Don't give yourself a headache beating it against that particular wall (i.e. Edog).

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#92986 Oct 29, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>Don't give yourself a headache beating it against that particular wall (i.e. Edog).
It calmed me down to type that :) I am having a horrible morning with the boys. Sometimes I love that they live in their own worlds and really aren't affected by outside factors (like peer pressure), but I lost it this morning. When they are together they do exactly what they want, regardless of what they have been told to do. I was screamed, I broke down in tears, I took away the tv (literally - it is now in a closet) and 30 seconds later they were laughing and asking if they could go play. I can't let outside pressure affect the way I parent, but I need help. I just don't know where to go.

That was so hard to write.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92987 Oct 29, 2013
Pelly: PM

“reign in blood”

Chicago, IL

#92988 Oct 29, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Filthy liberal scum!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92989 Oct 29, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
It calmed me down to type that :) I am having a horrible morning with the boys. Sometimes I love that they live in their own worlds and really aren't affected by outside factors (like peer pressure), but I lost it this morning. When they are together they do exactly what they want, regardless of what they have been told to do. I was screamed, I broke down in tears, I took away the tv (literally - it is now in a closet) and 30 seconds later they were laughing and asking if they could go play. I can't let outside pressure affect the way I parent, but I need help. I just don't know where to go.
I am sorry you are having a rough time. I think it's good that you took the TV away, but I'd be banging my head against the wall if they were just back to normal like that!!!

Is there a counselor you can talk to? Sometimes it's good to vent to someone like that and they can offer some outside, detached input. I don't think it'd be pressure to change how you parent, but might give you some different ideas on how to approach things.

I wish I could help!!! Just hang in there!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#92990 Oct 29, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Oy. No school today? That's got to be hard.:-/

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92991 Oct 29, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe get a mother's helper a couple hours a week? I mean, just some HS or college kid to come in when you're home and kind of take over dealing with them for a few hours a couple times a week so you can get some down time?

Inbox me on FB. I have to go right now, but remind me (on FB) again how close you are to Camden.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,110,042
Abby 9-18 9 min ralph 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Brian_G 46,648
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 25 min NevadaBob 1,925
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 39 min In the Crosshairs 4,028
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min LRS 178,036
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Rage Poster 49,826
Amy 9-16 10 hr Zap Brannigan 55
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago