“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#92815 Oct 21, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
how did all of this go?
Let's see...

Lulu had a great time at the party. Nunu and I had a great time wasting time until we had to pick up Lulu. We got hailed on briefly and spent too much money at the Spice House.

The family party was not too bad either. The bad step-sis did not attend and I did not inquire as to why. I really don't care, because parties are way more fun when she is not there. My good step-sis talked the girls about what's going to happen to her with regards to chemo and they seem to understand and aren't afraid of or for her. Dad and the ladyfriend cooked some pulled pork and that was excellent, so all in all it was a good party.

Nunu looked adorable as Word Girl and appearantly for the time of the party, she could fly.(The birthday girl's backyard reminded me of the Backyardigans, where there are four or five yards that are connected and one of these yards had a trampoline. When I got there to pick her up, she was still jumping, er, flying.) But I did not get the nap I was hoping for. Instead, I got the exact opposite; Lulu wanted to go for a bike ride. It was a little crisp, but we warmed up quickly (having only one gear on a hilly path will do that to a person). Our only trouble came when we encountered the Crop Walkers (that's a fundraising 5K/10K walk/run to end hunger) and they seemed to forget the rules of the bike path. I almost ran right into one joker who completely refused to move over to the correct side of the path. Thankfully, we only had to share the path with them briefly.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92816 Oct 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see...
Lulu had a great time at the party. Nunu and I had a great time wasting time until we had to pick up Lulu. We got hailed on briefly and spent too much money at the Spice House.
The family party was not too bad either. The bad step-sis did not attend and I did not inquire as to why. I really don't care, because parties are way more fun when she is not there. My good step-sis talked the girls about what's going to happen to her with regards to chemo and they seem to understand and aren't afraid of or for her. Dad and the ladyfriend cooked some pulled pork and that was excellent, so all in all it was a good party.
Nunu looked adorable as Word Girl and appearantly for the time of the party, she could fly.(The birthday girl's backyard reminded me of the Backyardigans, where there are four or five yards that are connected and one of these yards had a trampoline. When I got there to pick her up, she was still jumping, er, flying.) But I did not get the nap I was hoping for. Instead, I got the exact opposite; Lulu wanted to go for a bike ride. It was a little crisp, but we warmed up quickly (having only one gear on a hilly path will do that to a person). Our only trouble came when we encountered the Crop Walkers (that's a fundraising 5K/10K walk/run to end hunger) and they seemed to forget the rules of the bike path. I almost ran right into one joker who completely refused to move over to the correct side of the path. Thankfully, we only had to share the path with them briefly.
Where did you find a hilly path?

I fully sympathize about Spice House. Do you remember the old Augie Doggie and Doggy Daddy cartoon where they sniff out a picnic basket and are drawn along by their nose and the scent.OTOH your hair smelled great when you left.

What did you splurge on?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92817 Oct 21, 2013
Going home from the hospital today!!! Will be able to catch up frommy computer tomorrow, going to nicks tonight for observation and supervision.

So more from me soon.

And

GO GIANTS!!!!!

Evanston IL

#92818 Oct 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Where did you find a hilly path?
I fully sympathize about Spice House. Do you remember the old Augie Doggie and Doggy Daddy cartoon where they sniff out a picnic basket and are drawn along by their nose and the scent.OTOH your hair smelled great when you left.
What did you splurge on?
We were on the lakefront path from our house up to Northwestern. It might not really be that hilly, but it sure felt like it!

I had a whole list of stuff to get refills on:
Vulcan Fire Salt
English Prime Rib Rub
Chorizo seasoning
Old World Central St.

and then I couldn't resist the garlic salt. I think the girls might like it on pasta. There were some dips I'd like to try (hmmm, maybe for Thanksgiving..) and the hot cocoa mix. We have the pink himalayan salt which is sooo tasty and we'd like to get the truffle salt, but never seem to want to cough up the cash for it. That is so good on french fries...

But we also had to go smell the vanilla and other extracts; the faces Nunu makes are so cute.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#92819 Oct 21, 2013
Ok, now your just being mean....
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And
GO GIANTS!!!!!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92820 Oct 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Going home from the hospital today!!! Will be able to catch up frommy computer tomorrow, going to nicks tonight for observation and supervision.
So more from me soon.
And
GO GIANTS!!!!!
Glad they are releasing you!!! We've missed you! Hope you are feeling ok!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92821 Oct 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So more from me soon.
And
GO GIANTS!!!!!
Yay!

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92822 Oct 21, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
We were on the lakefront path from our house up to Northwestern. It might not really be that hilly, but it sure felt like it!
I had a whole list of stuff to get refills on:
Vulcan Fire Salt
English Prime Rib Rub
Chorizo seasoning
Old World Central St.
and then I couldn't resist the garlic salt. I think the girls might like it on pasta. There were some dips I'd like to try (hmmm, maybe for Thanksgiving..) and the hot cocoa mix. We have the pink himalayan salt which is sooo tasty and we'd like to get the truffle salt, but never seem to want to cough up the cash for it. That is so good on french fries...
But we also had to go smell the vanilla and other extracts; the faces Nunu makes are so cute.
Ok, now youve got me anxious to go to Spice House. I need stuff .Its a destination trip
unfortunately. I've got two jars of truffle salt here, they're yours. I'm not a fan of the stuff.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#92823 Oct 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So more from me soon.
And
GO GIANTS!!!!!
Woot! Hope you're feeling better and can't wait for you to fill us in.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#92824 Oct 21, 2013
Spice House? I want to go to there!

Although, our local Indian grocery has a vast enough collection to keep me pretty busy. Making spaghetti squash "mac and cheese" tonight.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92825 Oct 21, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So more from me soon.
And
GO GIANTS!!!!!
Woohoo!

Location hidden

#92826 Oct 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
Ok, now your just being mean....
<quoted text>
Not at all! I want the suckiest tea in the NFL to crush the Vikings!!!!

Evanston IL

#92827 Oct 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Although, our local Indian grocery has a vast enough collection to keep me pretty busy. Making spaghetti squash "mac and cheese" tonight.
http://www.thespicehouse.com/

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#92828 Oct 21, 2013
HA!
I would almost prefer them to go winless all season, just to validate my misplaced faith in them.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all! I want the suckiest tea in the NFL to crush the Vikings!!!!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92829 Oct 21, 2013
RACE wrote:
HA!
I would almost prefer them to go winless all season, just to validate my misplaced faith in them.
<quoted text>
Too bad the bears didn't go winless and get a high draft pick. Their season is over ... cutler out at least 4 weeks with a groin tear and Briggs, who calls the plays on Defense is out at least 6 weeks.

Stick a fork in them. They are done. 0% chance of making the playoffs. Will probably win just enough to screw themselves out of a good draft pick too.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#92830 Oct 21, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
i like the spice house for their blends just as much as for their "solo" spices....

and i agree that it can be a bad idea to go there...

Des Plaines, IL

#92831 Oct 21, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Night owl.
this new schedule has finally caught up with me. i was wondering how long it would take...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92832 Oct 21, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, now youve got me anxious to go to Spice House. I need stuff .Its a destination trip
unfortunately. I've got two jars of truffle salt here, they're yours. I'm not a fan of the stuff.
Spice House is in Old Town in Chicago (horrible parking) and on Central St in north Evanston. They are an off shoot of Penzey's Spices. There is a Penzey's in downtown Oak Park and in downtown Naperville. I like Penzey's curry blends better. They each carry their own blend and they are not identical.

I agree with you on the truffle salt. I think truffles are overrated.

Downtown Naperville is far away from most of us. it has some fun restaurants that are not that expensive .

General inquiry to the group for a weekened destination meet up? There is a Williams Sonoma in town , too, if you are flush with money or just want to gaze longingly.

Des Plaines, IL

#92833 Oct 21, 2013
every time i see the latest verizon wireless commercial, i laugh... there's a family dressed as star wars for halloween comparing notes about where to go (house with full size candy bars) or not go (dentist giving out floss). not sure which is my favorite - dog dressed as darth vader (might be a frenchie) or the baby in the carrier, dressed as princess leia held captive by jabba the hut played by daddy...

Location hidden

#92834 Oct 22, 2013
Ha! Vikings got creamed by arguably the worst nfl team!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min well 50,657
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 36 min jacques Ottawa 179,477
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Yeah 1,127,252
Amy 10-24 2 hr your poor wife 15
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr Wolverine33 654
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ratloder 68,672
Rattlesnake Logic 6 hr i need a bump to 22
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]