“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92759 Oct 17, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#92760 Oct 17, 2013
It took my SIL almost two whole months at school to decide she wants to swap roommates. That's progress, right? It was 2 weeks last year.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92761 Oct 17, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
It took my SIL almost two whole months at school to decide she wants to swap roommates. That's progress, right? It was 2 weeks last year.
Is she settling in any better at this school?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#92762 Oct 17, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
I know I missed some updates - are she and fiance still together? Is he at the new school, too?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#92763 Oct 17, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I missed some updates - are she and fiance still together? Is he at the new school, too?
Yes and yes. She got a job doing...something on campus. We haven't heard from her much and she's 8 hours away, so we certainly haven't seen her. It is glorious.

My in-laws have been doing better as well. They both stopped smoking (again) and seem to be coming out of their depressive hazes a bit. It's almost pleasant to talk to them--J's stepdad actually has a sense of humor...who knew? He's been helping us out with a few projects around our house. I'm cautiously optimistic about a relationship with them--I know they're not healthy people, but they're putting forth effort, so...

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92764 Oct 17, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and yes. She got a job doing...something on campus. We haven't heard from her much and she's 8 hours away, so we certainly haven't seen her. It is glorious.
My in-laws have been doing better as well. They both stopped smoking (again) and seem to be coming out of their depressive hazes a bit. It's almost pleasant to talk to them--J's stepdad actually has a sense of humor...who knew? He's been helping us out with a few projects around our house. I'm cautiously optimistic about a relationship with them--I know they're not healthy people, but they're putting forth effort, so...
Sounds like some cautious optimism is in order.
:)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92765 Oct 17, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pffft, they can't become normal or even semi-normal! If that happens, all we will have are my neighbors for some excitement.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#92766 Oct 17, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pffft, they can't become normal or even semi-normal! If that happens, all we will have are my neighbors for some excitement.
and my SIL...

oh, wait, she's drama, not excitement...

sorry, i tried...

Mathilda, i'm happy for the progress in your extended family life!

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92767 Oct 18, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92768 Oct 18, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TQR3JMKLS5...

Dear Prudence

This is the letter that is making the news on the websites about drinking and rape.

Her whole column is very long. I'll put the other letters up separately

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92769 Oct 18, 2013
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...

The Prudie column itself is enormous. It is posted but here is the link to Slate.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92770 Oct 18, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
and my SIL...
oh, wait, she's drama, not excitement...
sorry, i tried...
Mathilda, i'm happy for the progress in your extended family life!
Drama, excitement, we'll take what we can get.

:)

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92771 Oct 18, 2013
It's Friday! Weekend plans?

A movie (Gravity) & dinner tonight, then lots of football for the rest of the weekend.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#92772 Oct 18, 2013
Getting much needed massage tonight. Mmmm wine, cheese & crackers, and a massage.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92773 Oct 18, 2013
Thanks, PEllen, for the work in posting Prudie!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#92774 Oct 18, 2013
On Miss Manners:

L1: Good suggestion. I like ti.

L2: This woman needs different relatives!

L3: Gotta go with Miss Manners here, although I dislike drop-ins usually. Call first people!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92775 Oct 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
It's Friday! Weekend plans?
A movie (Gravity) & dinner tonight, then lots of football for the rest of the weekend.
I'm waiting to hear the reviews on, Captain Phillips....before i commit...lol....Sunday night's Broncos at Colts is the game of the week.....also Florida State at Clemson.....

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#92776 Oct 18, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I'm sure it's not the end of it. If my SIL ends up getting married next year(god, what a horrible idea), there will be buckets and buckets of drama.

Speaking of neighbors, my least favorite one is moving out today! Everything is coming up Matilda! His wife and kids are nice, but he's kind of an idiot. Revs everything with a motor, parks his 4 vehicles everywhere BUT in his garage or driveway, talks really loud on his cellphone constantly.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#92777 Oct 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I'm sure it's not the end of it. If my SIL ends up getting married next year(god, what a horrible idea), there will be buckets and buckets of drama.
Speaking of neighbors, my least favorite one is moving out today! Everything is coming up Matilda! His wife and kids are nice, but he's kind of an idiot. Revs everything with a motor, parks his 4 vehicles everywhere BUT in his garage or driveway, talks really loud on his cellphone constantly.
Now you can only hope that the devil you know is worse than the devil you haven't met yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Tony Rome 1,110,351
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min truth-facts 46,666
Amy 9-18 34 min Kuuipo 23
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Loser GOP 178,052
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Jonah1 49,838
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 2 hr MalignantNarcissi... 5
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 2 hr ThisWhatAlGorpMeant 4
Amy 9-16 2 hr ralph 58
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE