Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky!!!
We are going to the FL panhandle in a few weeks. Can't wait for some fall weather!!!
I'm more south, but do we have a real fall in the panhandle?
Fall is like 2 weeks, then we're hot or straight to cold.
I don't mind a couple degrees drop but it was overcast and dreary out. That depresses me. I love my sun.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Here is FLL we call fall the time when the license plates change color!
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind a couple degrees drop but it was overcast and dreary out. That depresses me. I love my sun.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
Here is FLL we call fall the time when the license plates change color!
<quoted text>
..LOL...If they're still here in May, we think they broke the promise....lol....Hey, that's not our deal?.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Okay group, I saw Gravity in the IMAX version.

Wow. Intense, but Wow.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Okay group, I saw Gravity in the IMAX version.

Wow. Intense, but Wow.
I saw it on our mega screen (not quite IMAX) in 3D, and that's my take on it, too.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>I don't mind a couple degrees drop but it was overcast and dreary out. That depresses me. I love my sun.
That's really the worst part about winter here. 40 and sunny is a whole lot easier to take than 40 and overcast.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Good to know, about Gravity. It's on the docket for Friday night's date night (IMAX 3D... It's both or neither around here).

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really the worst part about winter here. 40 and sunny is a whole lot easier to take than 40 and overcast.
hell, i'll take zero and sun for 40 and slop...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty much year round here...except in summer when it gets hot at 65...

Oh, and rain.

(._.)

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

So D's computer is at least 5 years old and I want to surprise him either for his birthday (10/30) or Christmas with a new one (I can get special pricing through work). But he uses it for work and I don't know if it's something that he'd rather pick out. It just seems anti-climactic to say "I'm buying you a computer! Now go shopping..." Doing the whole thing seems like a better gift, much less hassle.

Thoughts, techie people? I already know what Tonka's going to say.
;)

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Good to know, about Gravity. It's on the docket for Friday night's date night (IMAX 3D... It's both or neither around here).
The people I know that *didn't* like it said stuff like "Well, maybe I should have seen it in 3D..." Yeah, that's kinda the thing. It's not got a super intricate plot or anything; it's got pretty visuals.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
So D's computer is at least 5 years old and I want to surprise him either for his birthday (10/30) or Christmas with a new one (I can get special pricing through work). But he uses it for work and I don't know if it's something that he'd rather pick out. It just seems anti-climactic to say "I'm buying you a computer! Now go shopping..." Doing the whole thing seems like a better gift, much less hassle.
;)
I'm not Tonka techie for sure, but there's got to be giftcards for brands or stores. You know, wrap up a wireless mouse & keyboard (those don't last forever so to have 2 is a good thing) or computer speakers with the giftcard.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I are about equal on the north/south thing (I believe I am pretty much straight west of you). I've camped in Ginnie Springs several times in November and it definitely fall up there (and that's not the panhandle - it's NW of Gainesville)!!! Downright cold at night , so I am thinking it should be pretty nice up in the panhandle. I think we'll be about 20 minutes from AL.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not Tonka techie for sure, but there's got to be giftcards for brands or stores. You know, wrap up a wireless mouse & keyboard (those don't last forever so to have 2 is a good thing) or computer speakers with the giftcard.
Yeah, but the pricing I get through work is awesome and I have to go through IT to get it. I guess I could make a homemade gift card....

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
;)
i've done stuff like that for hubby. i'll either cut out pictures (a ton of them for effect) from the sunday ads and cram them in a card. or i'll "drag" him to the apple store (we're that type of geek in our house), and get him going on whatever toy he's looking at, then tell him happy birthday (or whatever occasion) and tell him i'm buying.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

This is one ballzy dude.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/daily-take/20...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
;)
You two have been dating for, what, 6 months or so? A computer will run a couple hundred dollars. Has he been having computer problems?

This my approach - what about telling him that you company has a deal and you'd be happy to let him in on it if he interested and when he has chosen, you could add some of the goodies that go with that model. A bigger monitor perhaps or an external hard drive for back up and some really nice speakers, etc.
Mimi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Just for you edog, so you can justify your outlook on life....

I'm at the transit center. Its pretty much an industrial area. Some random person comes up to me asking if I know where a store is, close by. It needs to accept food stamps and be close so they can catch the bus to DSHS (welfare office)...(sigh) do I look like I woud know that? Even still...look around, transit center, and, warehouses.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
;)
I'd let him pick it out. I'd rather pick my own computer out than have someone surprise me with something that is nice, but not what I would prefer. That way I could get exactly what I wanted.

Oh and the special pricing through work ... if you are talking dell ... it's like 3%.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 36 min THE DEVIL 1,079,017
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 1 hr Pete 11
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Alon 67,896
Cheap Tomatoes 1 hr KidsWillSellTomatoesCHEAP 3
demo-crats are the root of violent crime in chi... 1 hr yamimi 5
Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didnít Protect ... 1 hr Why 2
This Jew Canít Support Israel 1 hr Why 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Guy 174,508
•••