Topix Chitown Regulars

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92780 Oct 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm waiting to hear the reviews on, Captain Phillips....before i commit...lol....Sunday night's Broncos at Colts is the game of the week.....also Florida State at Clemson.....
Read an article where some of the crew said it was mostly fiction. Captain ignored warnings, did not offer himself as a hostage and was quite an egotist.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#92781 Oct 18, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you can only hope that the devil you know is worse than the devil you haven't met yet.
This is so true. In the grand scheme of things, old neighbor isn't so bad.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92782 Oct 18, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Read an article where some of the crew said it was mostly fiction. Captain ignored warnings, did not offer himself as a hostage and was quite an egotist.
Though, that crew has been whining about getting recognition, since that incident occured.....I just don't think, anyone as powerful and grounded as Tom Hanks, would ever take on a role, he did'nt feel good about....I'm guessing he turns down alotta roles....r

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#92783 Oct 18, 2013
Hockey, hockey, hockey all weekend. Pre-season games. Tonight's is in Peoria, tomorrow is in town. Sunday is my league game. Probably working around the house some. It's finally cool enough to walk the dogs, so I'm sure I'll be doing a bunch of that as well.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92784 Oct 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I'm sure it's not the end of it. If my SIL ends up getting married next year(god, what a horrible idea), there will be buckets and buckets of drama.
Speaking of neighbors, my least favorite one is moving out today! Everything is coming up Matilda! His wife and kids are nice, but he's kind of an idiot. Revs everything with a motor, parks his 4 vehicles everywhere BUT in his garage or driveway, talks really loud on his cellphone constantly.
Congrats! Things really ARE looking up for you and I am so happy to hear that!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92785 Oct 18, 2013
Weekend - relaxing in the backyard reading this evening (assuming neighbor is marathon-revving morotrcycles).

Tomorrow, going to to the river where my daughter is doing a Halloween campout with her dad and a lt of people we know. I will help her get her costume on and she'll show me around the crazy campsites awhile, then I'll be off to do some errands. Go to get my kid some jeans for our trip next weekend.

I think my friend is coming to hang out Saturday night, so I am sure she and I will hang out some Sunday, maybe get our nails done (she lives about an hour and a half north so she'll come stay over to visit sometimes).

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#92786 Oct 18, 2013
Miss Manners

L2. Wear the earrings. Those earrings are nothing compared to my aunt (Dinah Shore type, if anybody remembers), who wore a bright yellow dress to my granny's funeral. Her whole house was yellow, surprised she found the dress in there. It caused quite a commotion.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#92787 Oct 18, 2013
Weekend plans:

Nothing much tonight, which is fine because Saturday is going to be very full.

We have to get up and get a birthday gift so Lulu can go to a party at noon. Then me and the girls are off to my dad's for a family party. This may or may not include my crazy step-sister with the boyfriend that may or may not have molested my niece. We haven't spoken since Dickie sent her an email reading her the riot act, so this could turn out to be fun. He's concerned that she's going to lay into me for stuff he said, but I told him I care so little about her and what she might say to me that if she starts in, I'm packing up the kids and leaving.

But my good step-sister should also be at this party, at least I have my fingers crossed that she is there. She just started chemo and me and the girls were supposed to go see her Monday afternoon, but she was in the ER. It seems her white blood cell count was too high. I'm thinking that she will do her best to attend 'cause she wants to see the girls.

Then Sunday, Nunu has a birthday party to go to. It's a superhero theme, and I'm so excited that she will get to wear a costume that the MIL made for Lulu a few years ago. Parents with younger kids might have heard of her, Word Girl. Then after that, I think I'm going to take a nap.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92788 Oct 18, 2013
I will be off line this weekend. Going up to southwest WI for some outdoor R&R, some theater. I will waive at Cycle-town and Sub alum-ville, eat healthy food, go to farm stands that are actually near farms.

If Red stops by, Hey, I sent you an email a week ago. Hope you got it. Feel better.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#92789 Oct 18, 2013
One last act of douchery by my neighbor. ALL of his cars, including the big truck with a trailer and the Uhaul are all in the street right now. You couldn't have taken the vehicles you aren't using to the new house? They're moving in-town. So while they jockey moving vehicles around, they block the whole street. Ass.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92790 Oct 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
One last act of douchery by my neighbor. ALL of his cars, including the big truck with a trailer and the Uhaul are all in the street right now. You couldn't have taken the vehicles you aren't using to the new house? They're moving in-town. So while they jockey moving vehicles around, they block the whole street. Ass.
Well, it's all about them, isn't it? Or at least it's obvious that they think so.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92791 Oct 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Though, that crew has been whining about getting recognition, since that incident occured.....I just don't think, anyone as powerful and grounded as Tom Hanks, would ever take on a role, he did'nt feel good about....I'm guessing he turns down alotta roles....r
The role might be great, but that does not mean the screenplay was true to life. I've heard the same thing that the real life captain was no hero

Location hidden

#92792 Oct 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>The role might be great, but that does not mean the screenplay was true to life. I've heard the same thing that the real life captain was no hero
Guess i am just not that judgemental, especially with what i see, for what serves as News Networks....I've seen interviews, where he seems honest to me....i believe he has written a book, but i don't care That much...lol...Hard to know, who to really trust on the internet and media.....too many agendas...
CORNELIA LUIS

Chicago, IL

#92793 Oct 18, 2013
Its a real miracle temple. Wao! Till today i still imagine how odogu7demons made me rich and famous..I'm Miss Cornelia Luis. from Moore-park. before i met this man on the internet, i was very poor, and cannot even afford my daily living. until i encountered odogu7demons who help me with his miracles, and today i am a rich and famous woman.. I don't know how best to express my feelings and my appreciations to odogu7demons the miracle worker.. i wanna say thank you FOR YOUR MIRACLES IN MY LIFE. if you need help in urgent money or you want any help from him, no need you die in silence or borrow anymore. why not contact him, and let him help you out..here is his email address: [email protected] And he is also a specialize in all kind of problems.. such as bring back your lost lover, or you need a child, he told me to tell you that he is always there to help you, just the same way he did my own. Thanks to you [email protected] the miracle. worker...odogu7demons
A noted observer

Roselle, IL

#92804 Oct 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Guess i am just not that judgemental, especially with what i see, for what serves as News Networks....I've seen interviews, where he seems honest to me....i believe he has written a book, but i don't care That much...lol...Hard to know, who to really trust on the internet and media.....too many agendas...
I don't recall much about the Captain himself but I do recall Rush Limbaugh mourning the pirates like this:

During his April 14 radio show Rush said,“You know what we have learned about the Somali pirates, the merchant marine organizers that were wiped out at the order of Barack Obama, you know what we learned about them? They were teenagers. The Somali pirates, the merchant marine organizers who took a US merchant captain hostage for five days were inexperienced youths, the defense secretary, Roberts Gates, said yesterday, adding that the hijackers were between 17 and 19 years old. Now, just imagine the hue and cry had a Republican president ordered the shooting of black teenagers on the high seas.”

The ship's 2nd in command was pretty pizzed about that! Pretty interesting agenda on Rush's part!
cheluzal

Orlando, FL

#92805 Oct 18, 2013
Weekend:
I am at a conference in Cape Canaveral.
Presented this morning, great day of presentations and reception; and in from karaoke at the lounge.

Tomorrow: a visit to Kennedy Space Center

Location hidden

#92807 Oct 19, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>I don't recall much about the Captain himself but I do recall Rush Limbaugh mourning the pirates like this:
During his April 14 radio show Rush said,“You know what we have learned about the Somali pirates, the merchant marine organizers that were wiped out at the order of Barack Obama, you know what we learned about them? They were teenagers. The Somali pirates, the merchant marine organizers who took a US merchant captain hostage for five days were inexperienced youths, the defense secretary, Roberts Gates, said yesterday, adding that the hijackers were between 17 and 19 years old. Now, just imagine the hue and cry had a Republican president ordered the shooting of black teenagers on the high seas.”
The ship's 2nd in command was pretty pizzed about that! Pretty interesting agenda on Rush's part!
...Wonder how Rush would presume they were inexperienced at hijacking ships?.....It's nice that Rush has at least distanced this President from any claims of racial preferences, by his own logic and thought process....clouded by agenda, as it is....lol...

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#92808 Oct 19, 2013

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92809 Oct 19, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Guess i am just not that judgemental, especially with what i see, for what serves as News Networks....I've seen interviews, where he seems honest to me....i believe he has written a book, but i don't care That much...lol...Hard to know, who to really trust on the internet and media.....too many agendas...
i'm not being judgemental. I've seen no interviews or read anything by either party. Just a blurb i heard on the radio. Just giving the perspective that this is hollywood. Their objective is not making things true to life. So its not a stetch for me to believe they could have taken a not so likeable person and wrote a story around him that would make him more likeable to the audience.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#92810 Oct 20, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,264,666
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Texan 194,733
Best value kit'chens of europe reviews 40 min selamet 1
Ask Amy August 3 1 hr mrs gladys kravitz 9
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr _Zoey_ 443
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 5,383
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 6,260
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages