“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92768 Oct 18, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TQR3JMKLS5...

Dear Prudence

This is the letter that is making the news on the websites about drinking and rape.

Her whole column is very long. I'll put the other letters up separately

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92769 Oct 18, 2013
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...

The Prudie column itself is enormous. It is posted but here is the link to Slate.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92770 Oct 18, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
and my SIL...
oh, wait, she's drama, not excitement...
sorry, i tried...
Mathilda, i'm happy for the progress in your extended family life!
Drama, excitement, we'll take what we can get.

:)

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92771 Oct 18, 2013
It's Friday! Weekend plans?

A movie (Gravity) & dinner tonight, then lots of football for the rest of the weekend.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#92772 Oct 18, 2013
Getting much needed massage tonight. Mmmm wine, cheese & crackers, and a massage.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92773 Oct 18, 2013
Thanks, PEllen, for the work in posting Prudie!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92774 Oct 18, 2013
On Miss Manners:

L1: Good suggestion. I like ti.

L2: This woman needs different relatives!

L3: Gotta go with Miss Manners here, although I dislike drop-ins usually. Call first people!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92775 Oct 18, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
It's Friday! Weekend plans?
A movie (Gravity) & dinner tonight, then lots of football for the rest of the weekend.
I'm waiting to hear the reviews on, Captain Phillips....before i commit...lol....Sunday night's Broncos at Colts is the game of the week.....also Florida State at Clemson.....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#92776 Oct 18, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pffft, they can't become normal or even semi-normal! If that happens, all we will have are my neighbors for some excitement.
Ah, I'm sure it's not the end of it. If my SIL ends up getting married next year(god, what a horrible idea), there will be buckets and buckets of drama.

Speaking of neighbors, my least favorite one is moving out today! Everything is coming up Matilda! His wife and kids are nice, but he's kind of an idiot. Revs everything with a motor, parks his 4 vehicles everywhere BUT in his garage or driveway, talks really loud on his cellphone constantly.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92777 Oct 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, I'm sure it's not the end of it. If my SIL ends up getting married next year(god, what a horrible idea), there will be buckets and buckets of drama.
Speaking of neighbors, my least favorite one is moving out today! Everything is coming up Matilda! His wife and kids are nice, but he's kind of an idiot. Revs everything with a motor, parks his 4 vehicles everywhere BUT in his garage or driveway, talks really loud on his cellphone constantly.
Now you can only hope that the devil you know is worse than the devil you haven't met yet.

Location hidden

#92778 Oct 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Bwahahahaha. Maybe shortly after there will even be children!
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would so trade you for that neighbor.

Location hidden

#92779 Oct 18, 2013
We are heading to an autism fair tomorrow.

We are taking another boy who is autistic and used to be in class with my son last year, before he moved on to middle school.

Between the two of them and our other two boys, I think we will have our hands full. We had him spend the night once and he is really busy.

I think they will enjoy it, tho.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92780 Oct 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm waiting to hear the reviews on, Captain Phillips....before i commit...lol....Sunday night's Broncos at Colts is the game of the week.....also Florida State at Clemson.....
Read an article where some of the crew said it was mostly fiction. Captain ignored warnings, did not offer himself as a hostage and was quite an egotist.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#92781 Oct 18, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you can only hope that the devil you know is worse than the devil you haven't met yet.
This is so true. In the grand scheme of things, old neighbor isn't so bad.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92782 Oct 18, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Read an article where some of the crew said it was mostly fiction. Captain ignored warnings, did not offer himself as a hostage and was quite an egotist.
Though, that crew has been whining about getting recognition, since that incident occured.....I just don't think, anyone as powerful and grounded as Tom Hanks, would ever take on a role, he did'nt feel good about....I'm guessing he turns down alotta roles....r

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#92783 Oct 18, 2013
Hockey, hockey, hockey all weekend. Pre-season games. Tonight's is in Peoria, tomorrow is in town. Sunday is my league game. Probably working around the house some. It's finally cool enough to walk the dogs, so I'm sure I'll be doing a bunch of that as well.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92784 Oct 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats! Things really ARE looking up for you and I am so happy to hear that!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92785 Oct 18, 2013
Weekend - relaxing in the backyard reading this evening (assuming neighbor is marathon-revving morotrcycles).

Tomorrow, going to to the river where my daughter is doing a Halloween campout with her dad and a lt of people we know. I will help her get her costume on and she'll show me around the crazy campsites awhile, then I'll be off to do some errands. Go to get my kid some jeans for our trip next weekend.

I think my friend is coming to hang out Saturday night, so I am sure she and I will hang out some Sunday, maybe get our nails done (she lives about an hour and a half north so she'll come stay over to visit sometimes).

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92786 Oct 18, 2013
Miss Manners

L2. Wear the earrings. Those earrings are nothing compared to my aunt (Dinah Shore type, if anybody remembers), who wore a bright yellow dress to my granny's funeral. Her whole house was yellow, surprised she found the dress in there. It caused quite a commotion.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#92787 Oct 18, 2013
Weekend plans:

Nothing much tonight, which is fine because Saturday is going to be very full.

We have to get up and get a birthday gift so Lulu can go to a party at noon. Then me and the girls are off to my dad's for a family party. This may or may not include my crazy step-sister with the boyfriend that may or may not have molested my niece. We haven't spoken since Dickie sent her an email reading her the riot act, so this could turn out to be fun. He's concerned that she's going to lay into me for stuff he said, but I told him I care so little about her and what she might say to me that if she starts in, I'm packing up the kids and leaving.

But my good step-sister should also be at this party, at least I have my fingers crossed that she is there. She just started chemo and me and the girls were supposed to go see her Monday afternoon, but she was in the ER. It seems her white blood cell count was too high. I'm thinking that she will do her best to attend 'cause she wants to see the girls.

Then Sunday, Nunu has a birthday party to go to. It's a superhero theme, and I'm so excited that she will get to wear a costume that the MIL made for Lulu a few years ago. Parents with younger kids might have heard of her, Word Girl. Then after that, I think I'm going to take a nap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,192,153
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min OzRitz 51,532
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min ACTUALLY 185,070
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 36 min Mother Superior 51,368
Amy 3.4.15 1 hr RACE 6
Abby 3.4.15 2 hr Mister Tonka 4
abby03-03 2 hr Mister Tonka 9
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:47 am PST