“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#92705 Oct 14, 2013
Yes, happy children screeching in delight is totally unacceptable. What was that man thinking. Couldnt they have been learning their times tables or something?

Occasional days of screeching kids is not going to burn my cookies, but every day after school would.

I give scarlet a pass though cause she had a headache, but next time she needs to put on white noise and go into the basement.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I think you were correct, loud screeching is totally unacceptable......

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#92706 Oct 14, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, happy children screeching in delight is totally unacceptable. What was that man thinking. Couldnt they have been learning their times tables or something?

Occasional days of screeching kids is not going to burn my cookies, but every day after school would.

I give scarlet a pass though cause she had a headache, but next time she needs to put on white noise and go into the basement.
If it was just occasional, I could deal. This is every day, glass-breaking screeching, though. I was finally at the point where I had to say something. If you know your kids are annoyingly loud, it is your job to tell them to tone it down. Instead, they have contests to see who can screech the loudest and highest.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#92707 Oct 14, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for heaven's sake.
(Perfectly safe for work)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SXx2VVSWDMoXX
i thought this was what it was before even clicking the link....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#92708 Oct 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad i was never that bad...as i can still recall, the physical pain was as bad if you won or lost.....lol....Maybe he was starved for attention?
Oh, that's what I said! He needed attention from anyone around whoi would give it. It was sad.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92709 Oct 15, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92710 Oct 15, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92711 Oct 15, 2013
Geez....what a sleeper the Monday Night Football game was....i had much bigger expectations for a matchup of Colts v. Chargers.....sadly, i was nodding off by the half....lol....

Neda, stay with me!

#92712 Oct 15, 2013
Yeah, thats a deal breaker. I have seen kids like that. Its not about the fun, its about the screaming. Thats when the parents need to get involved.
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
If it was just occasional, I could deal. This is every day, glass-breaking screeching, though. I was finally at the point where I had to say something. If you know your kids are annoyingly loud, it is your job to tell them to tone it down. Instead, they have contests to see who can screech the loudest and highest.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#92713 Oct 15, 2013
Whew! It seems I dodged getting involved in the Great Math Debate.

My MIL is at some conference so I was home, cleaning the play room. And it was so bad that it took most of the day to get it sorted out and I'm still really not done. Little kids can be so gross. Lulu's idea of cleaning up is to get a bag or bin and just fill it up with whatever is on the floor. This includes dirty socks (6 pairs and a few singletons), used bandages and half-eaten snack bars. And I was ruthless too; if the sh!t made noise, I threw it out. I'm tired of listening over and over again to the same 10 seconds of a stupid song from a movie that we never saw (it was a dang happy meal toy from "Rio"). It the sh!t was half-used or really damaged, it went out. I only had a twinge of guilt when I tossed some "puppets" that Lulu had drawn and attached to chopsticks (she's very clever with the chopsticks, btw), but she hadn't touched them since she put on the play 6 months ago.

But I think the dirty socks got to me the most; Lulu kept complaining that she didn't have any over the summer. No wonder! Half of them were "lost" in the cr*p.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92714 Oct 15, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you come over and talk to the guy with the loud Japanese motorcycle across the street???

All weekend and yesterday (holiday), too, he was loudly revving it several minutes at a time (I guess his buddies come over and work on it)- it was beautiful out but I had to close everything up because I couldn't even hear the TV, let alone think. And then he comes and goes really early and really late, waking us up. Sunday, I heard him leave and could hear him go to the main road and all the way down the main road, it's so loud. I am SOOOO over it. So rude. I wish he'd turn it down somehow.

This is at the house where the husband died in a motorcycle wreck last spring. I think the wife moved in another guy a couple months ago and he has a loud bike, too. Wonder how her 4 year old gets any sleep with the noise. My daugher has had to come sleep in my room because of the nouise (they're at her end of the house).

Thanks for letting me vent. I've been aggravated all weekend!
:D Glad you got to say something.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92715 Oct 15, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you come over and talk to the guy with the loud Japanese motorcycle across the street???
All weekend and yesterday (holiday), too, he was loudly revving it several minutes at a time (I guess his buddies come over and work on it)- it was beautiful out but I had to close everything up because I couldn't even hear the TV, let alone think. And then he comes and goes really early and really late, waking us up. Sunday, I heard him leave and could hear him go to the main road and all the way down the main road, it's so loud. I am SOOOO over it. So rude. I wish he'd turn it down somehow.
This is at the house where the husband died in a motorcycle wreck last spring. I think the wife moved in another guy a couple months ago and he has a loud bike, too. Wonder how her 4 year old gets any sleep with the noise. My daugher has had to come sleep in my room because of the nouise (they're at her end of the house).
Thanks for letting me vent. I've been aggravated all weekend!
:D Glad you got to say something.
If you don't feel comfortable speaking to them, I'd anonomously complain to the cops so they can talk to him about keeping it down.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92716 Oct 15, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't feel comfortable speaking to them, I'd anonomously complain to the cops so they can talk to him about keeping it down.
I was thinking about checking the noise ordinances with the city and seeing what they say. I just wonder if they'd do anything if it's the daytime. I know I can complain the next time it's very late at night. I don't like to be the whiny neighbor, but it's really, really becoming disruptive. It's become a very regular/frequent occurence and when it happens, it's most of the day.

I don't mind some noise, I don't care if people have occasional loud parties or anything like that. That's life. This has jsut gotten unbearable. And now that we're finally getting nice weather, I'd like to sit in my yard or open the windows and enjoy it!!!

Neda, stay with me!

#92717 Oct 15, 2013
I am still just a few degrees too hot to open the house. Tried it yesterday, but had to go back the ac after a couple of hours.
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking about checking the noise ordinances with the city and seeing what they say. I just wonder if they'd do anything if it's the daytime. I know I can complain the next time it's very late at night. I don't like to be the whiny neighbor, but it's really, really becoming disruptive. It's become a very regular/frequent occurence and when it happens, it's most of the day.
I don't mind some noise, I don't care if people have occasional loud parties or anything like that. That's life. This has jsut gotten unbearable. And now that we're finally getting nice weather, I'd like to sit in my yard or open the windows and enjoy it!!!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92718 Oct 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
I am still just a few degrees too hot to open the house. Tried it yesterday, but had to go back the ac after a couple of hours.
<quoted text>
Mid day is still hot here, too, but mornings and late mid to late afternoon are nice!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92719 Oct 15, 2013
It's 64 degrees in Chicago right now.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92720 Oct 15, 2013
Toj wrote:
Lucky!!!

We are going to the FL panhandle in a few weeks. Can't wait for some fall weather!!!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#92721 Oct 15, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking about checking the noise ordinances with the city and seeing what they say. I just wonder if they'd do anything if it's the daytime. I know I can complain the next time it's very late at night. I don't like to be the whiny neighbor, but it's really, really becoming disruptive. It's become a very regular/frequent occurence and when it happens, it's most of the day.

Do you talk to them regularly? I would start getting to know them, then it will be easier to talk to them about the noise.

I feel your pain, though!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#92722 Oct 15, 2013
Toj wrote:
I loooove this weather! We've still got the heat off and the windows cracked at night. I think it was 54 in the house when we woke up yesterday morning. Then it was barely sweatshirt weather for playing in the yard with the dogs.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92723 Oct 15, 2013
Heh. To me, it feels like fall when I'm NOT sweating balls during the midday dog walk.
:)

I'm waiting for it to get just a bit cooler, then I'm going to tackle my grandmother's stuffed pepper recipe again. I NAILED that sucker last winter and I've been afraid to make it ever since, thinking I can only do worse!
Mimi

United States

#92724 Oct 15, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are rules about excessive noises/decibel levels during the day time. You are entitled to the "peaceful enjoyment" of your own home. Check into it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 182,029
Santa Claus delayed in Chicago after getting th... 3 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 hr johnplustwomore 1,155,536
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr J RULES 71,188
Chicago Pizza Blows 10 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 10 hr IUEC 7,564
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST