Comments
91,221 - 91,240 of 97,948 Comments Last updated Sunday

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#92634 Oct 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Oregon should be their toughest game, this season....I'm gonna watch...
That's the buzz. I think they play AZ tomorrow... I can't remember. I've been maneuvering around ESPN trucks/vans and people building crap for tomorrow all week so I'm kind of annoyed. School is about EDUCATION not football. They're letting people in starting at 3 AM!!!! Yeah, not.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#92635 Oct 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Go Huskies!
'Nuff said.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#92636 Oct 11, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
i'm helping give a baby shower... my BFF, at the age of nearly 40, has gotten pregnant again - her youngest is 13 (!!!!)... i'm looking for paper invitations... any suggestions for where to look? Also, is it just as cheap to order printed ones from somewhere as it is to go to hallmark and get the pack of cards to handwrite?
How soon do you need to get them out? Most of the online places do fine work and they have pretty quick turnarounds. It may be slightly less expensive to DIY (check Target for cute and affordable options), but it will be easier on your hand if you order them preprinted (depending on how many invites you are sending).

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#92637 Oct 11, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
HALLOWEEN:

I really want to be a bag of jelly beans: get a large clear garbage bag and make holes for arms and legs and fill it with small colored balloons. Attach a label on the front and put a gold "tie" around my neck. Trying to see how to pull it off.
What an awesome idea!!!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#92638 Oct 11, 2013
RACE wrote:
Thanks for the kind words folks. 20yrs is a long time to hang with an animal, and I will always have a cold spot on my bed where she used to keep it warm. She was a cats cat.
My condolences.:-( That's a nice long life.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92639 Oct 11, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the buzz. I think they play AZ tomorrow... I can't remember. I've been maneuvering around ESPN trucks/vans and people building crap for tomorrow all week so I'm kind of annoyed. School is about EDUCATION not football. They're letting people in starting at 3 AM!!!! Yeah, not.
No. Not AZ.#2 in the nation Oregon is coming to town. Its the marquee game of the week. ESPN College Gameday is live from Husky Stadium

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#92640 Oct 11, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
I never pass out candy
Me neither! I pass out D-con!
cheluzal wrote:
Trying to see how to pull it off.
Don't worry, darlin. I'll pull it off ya at the end of the night!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92641 Oct 11, 2013
I love it. 99.9% of the comments are telling this guy he's nuts and shorts are the way to go.

http://www.businessinsider.com/is-it-appropri...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#92642 Oct 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
How soon do you need to get them out? Most of the online places do fine work and they have pretty quick turnarounds. It may be slightly less expensive to DIY (check Target for cute and affordable options), but it will be easier on your hand if you order them preprinted (depending on how many invites you are sending).
probably the next week or so... have to check with the mom-to-be, but i'm hoping to do this by thanksgiving. want to avoid the holidays, and the potentially crappy driving weather; MTB is about 2 hours away.

i think i'm one of a committee, so maybe i'll just let someone else take care of this part...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92643 Oct 11, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
i'm helping give a baby shower... my BFF, at the age of nearly 40, has gotten pregnant again - her youngest is 13 (!!!!)... i'm looking for paper invitations... any suggestions for where to look? Also, is it just as cheap to order printed ones from somewhere as it is to go to hallmark and get the pack of cards to handwrite?
If you are willing to drive into Wilmette, Yellow Bird in Plaza del Lago has nice things that are different from Hallmark. You might also looks at MITE Printing in downtown Glencoe on Park just west of Green Bay, just across from teh library. I have used them

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92644 Oct 11, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ewww...did it hurt? Do you get to go home today?
The local pain shots hurt, and while the process itself wasn't painful, the finishing of it was CREEPY FEELING. And then a dull ache as the lung expanded back to its proper size.

I've had some pretty bad pain this week... but it was always temporary (like... 15 minutes) and not THAT bad (i can use my imagination). It also seems sometimes to be anxiety-driven, rather than "pain caused by something done here."

Location hidden

#92645 Oct 11, 2013
Sorry about your cat, Race! but 20 years? You did something right, you can be sure of that. You're a damn fine pet owner.

Location hidden

#92646 Oct 11, 2013
baby shower invites: I think Party City (or similar places) are the cheapest places to go.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92647 Oct 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
The local pain shots hurt, and while the process itself wasn't painful, the finishing of it was CREEPY FEELING. And then a dull ache as the lung expanded back to its proper size.
I've had some pretty bad pain this week... but it was always temporary (like... 15 minutes) and not THAT bad (i can use my imagination). It also seems sometimes to be anxiety-driven, rather than "pain caused by something done here."
You have been here late at night this past week or so. Have you turned into a night owl permanently?

Are you going to look for work at all over the holidays?

How are Nick and the boys doing?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#92648 Oct 11, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
What an awesome idea!!!
Thanks! Someone online suggested 2 bags worn like a sandwich board and tied together at the neck and thighs. The nutritional value chart goes on the back one.
Plus it can be lifted off and on easier. I'd have to drive to work and assemble, lol.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92649 Oct 12, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Best of luck....we loved our vacation by you, also Victoria and Vancouver...sure got cold at night for July...lol...I'd bet, many Americans that haven't been up there, have no idea how cool it is...i loved the campus area too, they had a shop that just sold Gargoyles....lol...good fun....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92650 Oct 12, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>No. Not AZ.#2 in the nation Oregon is coming to town. Its the marquee game of the week. ESPN College Gameday is live from Husky Stadium
Oregon must be amazing again, this year....Sportscenter was talking about how they average an offensive play, every 17 seconds....hard to imagine....

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92651 Oct 12, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#92652 Oct 12, 2013
I cant take all the credit, she probably spent 19 and 1/2 of those years asleep.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sorry about your cat, Race! but 20 years? You did something right, you can be sure of that. You're a damn fine pet owner.
jj

United States

#92653 Oct 12, 2013
What are y'all talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min KiMare 49,489
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 min the wandering girl 4,684
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr joey 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Stu Rumsfeld 1,101,343
HKN Record Label Need UpComing Artist Call_0803... 3 hr mr innocent 1
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,664
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr litesong 46,375
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,520
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••