Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>how does this right after school work? School lets out well before 5pm. Are the kids with working parents screwed? And how many homes are occupied by people who don't work and are actually home to hand out candy?
I don't know how it works now, but when I was young people were homw. And it's not like it ended earlier. It still goes on into the night, so people have the evenings, too. I'll have to ask my brother. I know there are a lot of SAHPs in their neighborhood.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>how does this right after school work? School lets out well before 5pm. Are the kids with working parents screwed? And how many homes are occupied by people who don't work and are actually home to hand out candy?
Most of the working parents that I know take leave/vacation time on Halloween afternoon. It's just part of the culture around here.

There are plenty of people who are home to hand out candy (between SAHPs and retirees), but I get confused because when you trick or treat in the dark, you know to only go to houses that have the front porch light on. There is no signal like that during the day.

I think it is stupid, but apparently is has been like that for a couple of generations.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Well, sent kitty over the rainbow (or whatever). Vet was very compassionate, worth the money. Was actually the most relaxed I had ever seen her (drugs rule).
Am going to take the rest of the day to drink to her memory.(sniff!)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Well, sent kitty over the rainbow (or whatever). Vet was very compassionate, worth the money. Was actually the most relaxed I had ever seen her (drugs rule).
I'm so sorry RACE :( sending virtual hugs

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Sorry, man.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Aw, sorry Race.
:(

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Thanks for the kind words folks. 20yrs is a long time to hang with an animal, and I will always have a cold spot on my bed where she used to keep it warm. She was a cats cat.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
So sorry hear it, RACE!:-( But it's better than having her suffer. You can have one of my dogs if it will make you feel better (just kidding... it won't).

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the working parents that I know take leave/vacation time on Halloween afternoon. It's just part of the culture around here.
Glad I don't live there. I'm already indifferent to Halloween as it is. I'd not be thrilled to be expected to take time off of work because of it.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
I cant do college football, I never went.
<quoted text>
That's not stopping most of the Hurricane fans in Miami.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Pour a little out for your homie.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the Huskies.
http://www.gohuskies.com/SportSelect.dbml...
They're awesome this year. Except for last week. But that game was fixed. I have never seen such BS calls. They (the officials) just HANDED it to Stanford. Screw them.
Go Huskies!
Oregon should be their toughest game, this season....I'm gonna watch...

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Oregon should be their toughest game, this season....I'm gonna watch...
Go Huskies! Need them to knock out Oregon and Oregon to knock out Stanford to clear a path.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Go Huskies! Need them to knock out Oregon and Oregon to knock out Stanford to clear a path.
Do you remember the song that Mighty Joe Young liked so much in the original movie?.....It was called, "Beautiful Dreamer"......lol....Good Luck...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

i'm helping give a baby shower... my BFF, at the age of nearly 40, has gotten pregnant again - her youngest is 13 (!!!!)... i'm looking for paper invitations... any suggestions for where to look? Also, is it just as cheap to order printed ones from somewhere as it is to go to hallmark and get the pack of cards to handwrite?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
A 20 minute drive/bus ride away!!!
Then we're making a date and I'm taking you out!
It would be my honor.
I'll be flying in 11/6 and flying out 11/9.
I have a presentation on Thur and 3 on Fri.
Honestly, that Wed is best, but I land at 640 and have to take a shuttle to the hotel and drop off. Is 730-8 too late??
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

HALLOWEEN:
I love dressing up and I love candy, but I hate trick-or-treating.
Kids are swarming everywhere and get rude like they own the middle of the road.
I never pass out candy (keep light off) but will take nieces when they were younger.
Our church started the trunk or treat years ago and it's nicer. Less stress and worry.

I really want to be a bag of jelly beans: get a large clear garbage bag and make holes for arms and legs and fill it with small colored balloons. Attach a label on the front and put a gold "tie" around my neck. Trying to see how to pull it off.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Sorry from me too. Take solace that you gave her a good life and an easy end. You are a good cat-dad.
George Costanza

Roselle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

Aisle Sitter wrote:
i'm helping give a baby shower... my BFF, at the age of nearly 40, has gotten pregnant again - her youngest is 13 (!!!!)... i'm looking for paper invitations... any suggestions for where to look? Also, is it just as cheap to order printed ones from somewhere as it is to go to hallmark and get the pack of cards to handwrite?
Well, don't go too cheap....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
RACE I'm sorry.:'( I know how that feels. Sending lots of hugs and a virtual bottle of a nice red wine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago