Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going out of my way to refund a $4 shirt. And not genital torture (I had never heard of that one). This one was a pretty well known term among my group of friends (don't judge) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Plus, the shirt is just ugly.
I'm shocked! <smh>

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Tonka your right, and so is everyone else. My Giants suck, and the worst part is that for me football season is over, I only got 6 games and now I got nothing to do until next year.

This sucks!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

And all six of those games were a loss...
Bleh!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
They drained over a liter of fluid out of my right lung!! It was gross,
THAT explains why EDog thinks you were all wet

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Is that what they mean by "Temporary water weight gain?"
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>THAT explains why EDog thinks you were all wet

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
Is that what they mean by "Temporary water weight gain?"
<quoted text>
Could be, could be

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
Tonka your right, and so is everyone else. My Giants suck, and the worst part is that for me football season is over, I only got 6 games and now I got nothing to do until next year.
This sucks!
Follow the Huskies.
http://www.gohuskies.com/SportSelect.dbml...
They're awesome this year. Except for last week. But that game was fixed. I have never seen such BS calls. They (the officials) just HANDED it to Stanford. Screw them.
Go Huskies!

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Halloween:
I remember my mom taking me trick or treating once, but she was not in costume. After that, I was old enough to go with friends on our own (I must have skipped a few years I guess).

I've never gone to a costume party for Halloween. Not as a kid, not as an adult. Our downtown has an event called Moonfest and D and I are loosely thinking about cheesy couples costumes. He's all about indulging me in this experience I've never had.
;)

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I love dressing up with the kids! But it's usually something really lazy, like a witch. I got a great hat from the dollar section at Target a few years ago and I have a cape, so it's my costume of choice. I get compliments from other moms, and I have to laugh because I think it's a total cop-out!
I don't think my mom ever dressed up and came out with me. I don't think I would have wanted her to anyway. And I'll stop when the kids ask me to even though I will miss it.
I did last year. I was Clawdeen Wolf from Monster High. Curly red wig and all. Then my daughter had a Monster High themed birthday party in December, so I wore it for that, too. She was thrilled with that!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ewww...did it hurt? Do you get to go home today?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

I cant do college football, I never went.
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the Huskies.
http://www.gohuskies.com/SportSelect.dbml...
They're awesome this year. Except for last week. But that game was fixed. I have never seen such BS calls. They (the officials) just HANDED it to Stanford. Screw them.
Go Huskies!

“What's it to ya?”

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
I cant do college football, I never went.
<quoted text>
You could just support them because they are a great team (I see a lot of them going pro) and because it's my school and I'm adorable.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
This sucks!
My two friends here from Kansas City are thrilled with their chiefs this year. But watch the chiefs lose all their rest just to spite the fans. ; )

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

-CatCiao- wrote:
Great posts Sublime, but I too am going to shift my political posting elsewhere.
I too will concede to a compromise on the political talk. Don't want to bring this thread to a stand-still.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
wow... it's amazing what extra crap the human body can hang on to. i just heard about someone who retained 30 POUNDS of fluids due to various medicines' side effects.

and i though the 1.5 liters my gramma was hanging on to was a lot for a 90 pound woman.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

We go trick or treating every year with the boys, but we don't dress up.

This year we have a kids/family party and an adults party the weekend before and I'll probably dress up for both just because we are probably going right from the kids one to the adult one.

I'm wearing lederhosen and a fedora and bambi is going as a German beer maid.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

Judged:

This year our school is holding Trunk or Treat on Halloween night. http://trunkortreat.homestead.com/ They usually have it the Friday before Halloween, but people have been complaining about their kids having to wear their costumes twice and ruining them the first time they wear them. Plus, our town has a 7 pm curfew on the 30th and 31st, so it's not like the kids will be going out in the neighborhood at night. I still find it strange that kids trick or treat around here right after school. We used to wait until after dinner when I lived in Colorado and California.

Anyway, a lot of the parents dress up at this event. I'm not sure if I will try to find a costume or just wear a Halloween themed shirt (yay for Target and Old Navy - they have some good options). I remember my parents dressing up when I was younger and my FIL used to dress up with the kids up until last year.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
This year our school is holding Trunk or Treat on Halloween night. http://trunkortreat.homestead.com/ They usually have it the Friday before Halloween, but people have been complaining about their kids having to wear their costumes twice and ruining them the first time they wear them. Plus, our town has a 7 pm curfew on the 30th and 31st, so it's not like the kids will be going out in the neighborhood at night. I still find it strange that kids trick or treat around here right after school. We used to wait until after dinner when I lived in Colorado and California.
Anyway, a lot of the parents dress up at this event. I'm not sure if I will try to find a costume or just wear a Halloween themed shirt (yay for Target and Old Navy - they have some good options). I remember my parents dressing up when I was younger and my FIL used to dress up with the kids up until last year.
That's funny because a co-worker and I (both from NY) were talking the other day about how, in FL, they wait tll dark but in NY they did it right after school! Just the opposite! I think the 7 PM curfew stinks, though. I think 9 is good.

I don't remember my parents ever dressing up.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
My daughter goes every year with her dad to a "Spooky Trail" halloween-themed camping trip. This year, she wants to wear the same costume for both camping and real Halloween. I told her she can, but if she ruins her costume, she's going to have to live with it. We'll see. I am trying to get her to wear last year's regular Halloween costume. Yeah, it's mostly white (not great for a campground), but it's not like she'll wear it again adn I can probably clean it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min THE DEVIL 1,079,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Mothra 45,790
UNIPORT PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 S... 5 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Amy 7-24 7 min Toj 23
Avondale and Chicago's Polish Village Celebrate... 7 min bensleys thoughts 1
UNILAG PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SE... 10 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Frank 174,605
Abby 7-24 11 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••