Comments
91,161 - 91,180 of 97,515 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92566
Oct 10, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
The NFL's big issue right now is concussions and head safety.

I just noticed the shirt my 7 year old is wearing has a football helmet laying on the ground with the words Head Hunter.
I'm saddened, but not surprised that shirts like that are made for kids. Bigger concern is that someone actually bought that for your son.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92567
Oct 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The rights to the Beatles songs are owned by the Michael Jackson estate. McCartney has no say in how they are used.
Paul liked them using it. He advocated in the early season and they sang "Silly Love Songs" in S2.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92568
Oct 10, 2013
 
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saddened, but not surprised that shirts like that are made for kids. Bigger concern is that someone actually bought that for your son.
Those insi[id Aeroppstale and AE and Hollister crap stores do that all the time. They make some idiotic double entendre that some parents are too dumb to figure out (or don't care).

I had a student show up with a whale on his AE shirt with the word 'endowed' under it. I explained it before I sent him to ISS.*sigh*
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92569
Oct 10, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks, all. Staying in the hosp another night. They'll drain the other lung today to send me home tomorrow in the best possible shape.
:(
[[e-hug]]

Angela,
I will be in Minneapolis in early November for a conference. At the convention center. How far are you from there?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92570
Oct 10, 2013
 
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>Those insi[id Aeroppstale and AE and Hollister crap stores do that all the time. They make some idiotic double entendre that some parents are too dumb to figure out (or don't care).

I had a student show up with a whale on his AE shirt with the word 'endowed' under it. I explained it before I sent him to ISS.*sigh*
My MIL bought my older son a shirt from Old Navy that said "Hot Dogging It" with a picture of a hot dog. I know that can mean doing really cool tricks while surfing or skating, but it has another pretty common slang meaning (check Urban Dictionary). She bought it on clearance and I threw it away a soon as I brought it home.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92571
Oct 10, 2013
 
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saddened, but not surprised that shirts like that are made for kids. Bigger concern is that someone actually bought that for your son.
My MIL does most of the clothes shopping for him and we pay her for it. She does not work and loves nothing more than finding clothes at Macy's and Dillard's that has been marked down like 90%. I can just about guarantee that she barely looked at what it said. She saw football helmet, knows I like football, and probably got it for $4. Sold.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92572
Oct 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul liked them using it. He advocated in the early season and they sang "Silly Love Songs" in S2.
Paul was always the poppy one.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92573
Oct 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
My MIL bought my older son a shirt from Old Navy that said "Hot Dogging It" with a picture of a hot dog. I know that can mean doing really cool tricks while surfing or skating, but it has another pretty common slang meaning (check Urban Dictionary). She bought it on clearance and I threw it away a soon as I brought it home.
Threw it away? You have something against refunds?
And really, that seems like a huge over-reaction. Is this the shirt?

http://urun.gittigidiyor.com/moda/old-navy-al...

Nothing about this shirt even hints and the double meaning, and unless you're into genital torture or walk around plugging every phrase you see into urban dictionary, this shirt means nothing.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92574
Oct 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Threw it away? You have something against refunds?
And really, that seems like a huge over-reaction. Is this the shirt?

http://urun.gittigidiyor.com/moda/old-navy-al...

Nothing about this shirt even hints and the double meaning, and unless you're into genital torture or walk around plugging every phrase you see into urban dictionary, this shirt means nothing.
I'm not going out of my way to refund a $4 shirt. And not genital torture (I had never heard of that one). This one was a pretty well known term among my group of friends (don't judge) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

Plus, the shirt is just ugly.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92575
Oct 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ScarletandOlive wrote:
I stopped coming here because this thread had become too political. I temporarily forgot my policy of not discussing politics unless I am face to face with someone.
So, to change the subject - how many of you parents here dress up with your kids on Halloween (or did when they were the appropriate age)? How many of you had parents who dressed up with you when you went trick or treating?
I love dressing up with the kids! But it's usually something really lazy, like a witch. I got a great hat from the dollar section at Target a few years ago and I have a cape, so it's my costume of choice. I get compliments from other moms, and I have to laugh because I think it's a total cop-out!

I don't think my mom ever dressed up and came out with me. I don't think I would have wanted her to anyway. And I'll stop when the kids ask me to even though I will miss it.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92576
Oct 10, 2013
 
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going out of my way to refund a $4 shirt. And not genital torture (I had never heard of that one). This one was a pretty well known term among my group of friends (don't judge) http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Plus, the shirt is just ugly.
I've never heard that term used in any nefarious way. Additionally, your link led to one definition. My link leads to another.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... .

I've never heard either, so I don't think either is very common. I think most people would associate it with the "showing of" meaning. And if someone does first think of one of these alternate meanings, so what. Do you think they would automatically assume that your kid was wearing it cause of that meaning? Unless someone's clothing is overtly offensive, I don't think most people would put that much thought into it.

A few years ago, Target was selling t-shirts with the number 88. Seems pretty innocuous to me. Apparently some associate that with Hitler. H is the 8th letter, therefore 88 = Heil Hitler. Some people flipped out and Target pulled the shirt. I thought it was ridiculous. The vast majority of people will just see a number. The fact that some fringe element has associated it with something else is negligible as far as I'm concerned.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92577
Oct 10, 2013
 
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I stopped coming here because this thread had become too political. I temporarily forgot my policy of not discussing politics unless I am face to face with someone.
So, to change the subject - how many of you parents here dress up with your kids on Halloween (or did when they were the appropriate age)? How many of you had parents who dressed up with you when you went trick or treating?
I've never been a costume person. My costumes are typically created with crap I already own. When I go trick or treating, I'm not dressed up. Only time I costume it up is for a costume party. We have one at the end of the month and my wife has already gone out and gotten stuff. I'm putting forth zero effort. Will concoct something day of.
knock knock

Bartlett, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92578
Oct 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

Bears:knock knock

Eli Manning: Who's there"

Bears: Owen

Eli Manning: Owen who?

Bears: Owen six!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92579
Oct 10, 2013
 
knock knock wrote:
Bears:knock knock

Eli Manning: Who's there"

Bears: Owen

Eli Manning: Owen who?

Bears: Owen six!
Love it! Gotta borrow this one :)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92580
Oct 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Hey Race?

Mock mock, mock mock.

They Might Be Giants, then again , they might not.

Mock Mock

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92581
Oct 10, 2013
 
I think Coughlin needs to send Eli to that Manning passing camp.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92582
Oct 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

i've gone as a PE teacher/coach a couple times... it was worth finding a whistle in order to go to work in collegiate logo-ed warm-up pants, t-shirt and gym shoes. over the last few years, my go-to costume has been a disgruntled insurance agent. someone recently told me that one needs to take the costume off once in awhile....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92583
Oct 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Thanks, all. Staying in the hosp another night. They'll drain the other lung today to send me home tomorrow in the best possible shape.
They drained over a liter of fluid out of my right lung!! It was gross,

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92584
Oct 10, 2013
 
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
:(
[[e-hug]]
Angela,
I will be in Minneapolis in early November for a conference. At the convention center. How far are you from there?
A 20 minute drive/bus ride away!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92585
Oct 11, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Threw it away? You have something against refunds?
And really, that seems like a huge over-reaction. Is this the shirt?
http://urun.gittigidiyor.com/moda/old-navy-al...
Nothing about this shirt even hints and the double meaning, and unless you're into genital torture or walk around plugging every phrase you see into urban dictionary, this shirt means nothing.
...This conversation may be additional indication, that as Americans...many of us live in a world of way, way too much stuff?.....alway's willing to add more stuff, and justifying it by tremendous markdowns.....lol....like we just could'nt resist.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 1 min NITiN 7
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,078,986
Saving Catholic Schools 5 min larry 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min JOEL 68,366
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 459
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guy 174,508
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Mothra 45,768
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 9:06PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••