Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, remember the good old days when you spoke of nothing but the Govt Shutdown and headless democrats ruining our country?
Boy, I sure miss those days....NOT!
And FWIW because I am really pissed right now...
My cat is now on steroids, and it seems to keep her chugging along, but they only gave me 2wks supply. Said I had to come in for blood work if I wanted to keep her on it. I'm like, "The cat has cancer, what could you possibly need to know beyond that?", but nope, gotta bring her in.
So I stress my dying cat, have them pull blood from her juggler vein just so I can get here more steroids. Oh! The good news they tell me, is that now I can get the steroids for a whole year because they have this magic blood sample....
MY CAT DOES NOT HAVE A FRIGGING YEAR!!! The gross insensitivity of these people is just appalling. Nothing but a reason to charge me $160 for $18 in GD pills.
Yeah, that $160 paid for a blood draw and getting her temperature taken...BS MF's.
No compassion, not even basic logic (gee, dying cat with cancer, steroids seem to make here more comfortable, but lets do needless blood work to make sure she can keep taking it for short time she has left.)
<quoted text>
My year old kitten is on steroids because she has some skin allergies and itches and bites herself raw. We are asked to do blood work about every 6 months.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Today's Prudie (chat) is pretty good:
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prude...
Great minds.... I was just about to put a link to it, too. Can you believe that dad that wants to sue the owners of the house where his daughter migh have gotten pregnant???

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great minds.... I was just about to put a link to it, too. Can you believe that dad that wants to sue the owners of the house where his daughter migh have gotten pregnant???
It has to be someone's fault that his little princess was defiled! Someone other than her parents or herself, of course....

The one about the nosy boss is annoying too. The person who wrote that going to HR could be bad because they'd side with the boss has a point - HR is there to protect the company - if the boss asks about medical conditions, it's illegal. An employment lawyer is who the LW should be contacting.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Faster, Farther... runs, that is.
Ahahahahahaha!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

*BUT if the boss asks....

Typing all my comments in a 1"x2" little box makes proofreading very tricky.

Since: Aug 09

Greendale, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text> The person who wrote that going to HR could be bad because they'd side with the boss has a point - HR is there to protect the company - if the boss asks about medical conditions, it's illegal. An employment lawyer is who the LW should be contacting.
The problem, as i see it, is most people don't work for huge companies.

She describes her boss as a pretty good boss who give his employees time off when the want or need it.

At this point, she is anticipating that he is going to be too intrusive - but she doesn't know it firsthand.

I will tell you as a boss of people who have had personal issues that they have had to deal with - it is easier to deal with them if the employee is frank with me about the issue. Then, I can reallocate workload as it is needed to work around the issue.

Now, if anything, my employees all trust that I am not going to speak of their issue with anyone else. It's not always easy. One time we had a huge event at work that required everyone to put in a lot of effort. Two employees came to me with issues that were sensitive and needed time off right away.(We were an office of 7 people, so 2 was a lot of missing man-hours).

Other employees criticized me for granting "vacation" time at this sensitive time.

months later, it became clear why I acted as i did.

However, if the employees had not shared why they needed time off, I would have had a hard time granting it.

And I have had employees with medical issues similar to the ones stated here. But knowing that, I could tell one employee - "I just want you to do whatever you have to do. Take whatever time you need - and you don't need to tell me every time you need some time - even if is just to attend to some personal - nonmedical issues.

But, again, if i didn't have an idea of the issue, I may not have responded as an employee advocate.

I can understand how one might not want to discuss the intimate details of the issue - or how one is going to go about treating the problem. I would hope an employee would come to me and tell me "I have breast cancer, but I'm having a really hard time talking about it. I'm going to have to take some time off to deal with it over the next few months. I hope you understand.". And then if intrusive questions do come forward, deal with those with a "I hope you don't mind if I don't discuss any details of my treatment".

Try first to make your boss your advocate - then only deal with him as an adversary if it becomes necessary.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
It has to be someone's fault that his little princess was defiled! Someone other than her parents or herself, of course....
The one about the nosy boss is annoying too. The person who wrote that going to HR could be bad because they'd side with the boss has a point - HR is there to protect the company - if the boss asks about medical conditions, it's illegal. An employment lawyer is who the LW should be contacting.
Yeah, he's looking to blame anyone he can for the fact that his daughter (and her beau) made a REALLY bad choice. Way to teach the daughter to own up to her mistakes.

I agree with you that HR is there to protect teh company and not the employee - I've always said that. If she's that concerned, she might need to talk to an attorney. Stinks that you can't trust yur boss to keep a confidence, though.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, we need something fun here.
I could punch Sublime in the crotch...

Glad to hear benign! Similar thing with me in August: had routine chest x-ray (once a year for physical) and it had a spot. I have a permanent granuloma (she said probably from isolating TB---wtf).
Did another just to make sure and it hit the liver with a "suspicious lesion." Ick. Another test showed nothing.....repeating in feb.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>My year old kitten is on steroids because she has some skin allergies and itches and bites herself raw. We are asked to do blood work about every 6 months.
My house backs up to the woods(jungle..lol..), anyway...whenever i go back there to cut stuff BACK....i almost alway's get poison oak, and a steroid pack, of pills...wipes it....GONE....I would think, that is akin to what the vet is doing for kitty....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

http://bobsullivan.net/outright-scams/new-tel...

What kind of dumb ass would fall for this? Who would think cunzel's phone would come up as Teacher's Phone as opposed to, oh I don't know....Cunzel Smith, or even Washington Elementary?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

I ended up being checked into the hospital and hey don't know when I get to go home.

Preliminary findings = lung cancer has metastasized to the liver. Nick and I both guess I have six months.

Edog, I still do not like you and I'm sure it is mutual, but I am sorry that I so immaturely said such mean things as wishing death on you.

What was I thinking?

Percocet and Vicodin haven't done shit for me, but I'm too scared to try morphine just yet. My poor mom. Nick is a wreck, but even he gets that it is the parents whose hearts are breaking beyond belief in these situations.

I posted on fb tonight for people to please stop texting me so I can sleep. My phone will beep until I deal with the text, missed call, or voice mail. I can't turn that notification feature off.

So my brother posted on fb repeating what I had posted....an d I thought it was weird he was helping me in that manner.

Then he said, "does anyone know how to program a droid phone so it sends a text automatically every ten minutes?"

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
lung cancer has metastasized to the liver. Nick and I both guess I have six months.
You and Nick ain't doctors, what the hell do you know?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Edog, I still do not like you and I'm sure it is mutual, but I am sorry that I so immaturely said such mean things as wishing death on you.
Thank you, but I'm guilty of saying some pretty mean things too, so, I apologize too and let's call it even.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
What was I thinking?
You're a liberal. Liberals are incapable of thinking.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I ended up being checked into the hospital and hey don't know when I get to go home.
Preliminary findings = lung cancer has metastasized to the liver. Nick and I both guess I have six months.
What was I thinking?
Percocet and Vicodin haven't done shit for me, but I'm too scared to try morphine just yet. My poor mom. Nick is a wreck, but even he gets that it is the parents whose hearts are breaking beyond belief in these situations.
I posted on fb tonight for people to please stop texting me so I can sleep. My phone will beep until I deal with the text, missed call, or voice mail. I can't turn that notification feature off.
So my brother posted on fb repeating what I had posted....an d I thought it was weird he was helping me in that manner.
Then he said, "does anyone know how to program a droid phone so it sends a text automatically every ten minutes?"
No. No. NO.
Oh, Ang.
What the hell can we say?

Get a second opinion.
You are in MN- go to Mayo

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Eight House Democrats were arrested at an illegal immigration rally in D.C.

Meanwhile, the shutdown continues.

Good to know where the Dems priories are!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Eight House Democrats were arrested at an illegal immigration rally in D.C.
Meanwhile, the shutdown continues.
Good to know where the Dems priories are!
Teaparty House republican's demonstrate their dislike for our Economic Recovery.....by selfishly continuing to punish the American people's financial stability.....Dow Jones has now lost 481 points, since this government shutdown began......

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. No. NO.
Oh, Ang.
What the hell can we say?
Get a second opinion.
You are in MN- go to Mayo

I've had six doctors so far and it is pretty clearance how bad it is.

My poor mom. Nick talked to her yesterday and said she agrees that we have limited time here.

I feel so bad for her.
Voluntarist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Teaparty House republican's demonstrate their dislike for our Economic Recovery.....by selfishly continuing to punish the American people's financial stability.....Dow Jones has now lost 481 points, since this government shutdown began......
Tell that to your piece of shit president who is to blame, go ahead and tell him during his golf game.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Well Red. I have to be honest and tell you that I both hate and love what you're sharing with us.

You know how strong you are, you don't need me to say it, but I will anyway. You are one of the strongest and bravest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet, and I will continue to believe that someday, I will get to meet you in person.(and maybe cast a sideways glance down your blouse!)

So please win the lottery and throw yourself a party!

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Ang,

I don't know what to say. Like RACE, I am thankful you are sharing with us, but I hate, hate, HATE what it is you are going through. You ARE a strong and brave person!!! Don't lose hope - you'd be surprised the miracles that can happen! My SIL was diagnosed with very late stage cancer at 31 yo, about 6 months after my nephew was born. They gave her 6 months to live and she lived over 6 years. She was a strong, positive person who focused on the people that she loved and making the most of every day. I think that that, and lots of prayer, really made a difference.

You are just as strong as her and I encourage you to not give up hope. If there's anything any of us can do, don't be shy. I promise to check fb more often, too, so you let me know if I can help in any way! My heart is breaking for you and your family and my thoughts and prayers are with you every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min PDUPONT 1,084,471
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 43 min Abdurratln 68,078
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,455
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 45,909
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 4 hr sheepleloveroyalty 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr LRS 175,239
Why We will Go to War with Russia 6 hr SnuffAGlobalist 3
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••