Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The spot on my liver is a benign cyst, but they found several other spots. Here's what I posted on FB a little bit ago tonight:
Well, folks, I was going to wait until Wednesday to post anything, but patience is not MY virtue.
After feeling shortness of breath and some other symptoms, Nick *made* me go to the doctor. Long story short, I have a large mass on one lung, pneumonia in the other, and several spots on my liver. MY LIVER! Geez, you treat your liver like your best friend and this is how it repays me? I gave it NOTHING BUT THE BEST!!!
Spent most of the day at United Hospital today, had a few liver biopsies and they drained over two cups of fluid from the lung with the mass, left the other lung alone (I don't know why). Tomorrow I have an EKG because I have fluid around the heart (yes, I have a heart). Wednesday is The Big Day where we find out diagnosis/prognosis. My mom, Nick, and Mindy will be with me to hear that news.
This atheist happily accepts prayers from her many Believer Friends (capitalizing it makes you like a super hero group -- wondertwin powers, activate!), warm thoughts, best wishes, and crossed fingers.
I'm not the best right now at responding to messages because it's pretty emotional and overwhelming, so I respond in piecemeal. But those who know me know I"m not someone to keep things to herself. I'll post the results on Wednesday, but just a warning... it could be phenomenally shitty news. Or could be a huge "whew." One never knows. Such is life. What makes the whole stupid ride worthwhile is... people like all of you. Oh, and cats. Don't forget the cats. My cats are very much enjoying having their sick mom at home all day every day. Big jerks.
Hopefully the other spots are benign, too! I HAVE been praying for you and hoping it's the big "whew"!!!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was Angela's permission for gallows humor, or maybe I am truly sick and deparaved, but I am imaging the birthday girl 50 years from now, sitting around reminiscing about memorable birthdays, and saying, "Oh, yeah, when I was [10], for entertainment, the neighbor's dog snapped my guinea pigs neck in front of all of us- not one of my friends lost her cookies or teh cake or the ice cream"
Oh, we were having a few laughs, too, when the kids weren't around. The b-day girl and my daughter and another girl were passing the dead gp around and we were laughing about how "Pass the Dead Guinea Pig" has now replaced Hot Potato as the latest party game.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So... jamwow... do you think you'll get another dog?
I have a friend who has offered to bring her Akita over for visits to make me feel better.:)
That's sweet.
:)

I've actually been thinking about Life After My Dogs for a little while now since they've been showing their age. I'm going to take a break for a little while and just play the future by ear.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Stina, there was a hilarious video on Tosh.0 recently, a little girl (like, 3-4 years old) had found a freshly dead squirrel (still looked good, and was soft/floppy) and was cuddling it and holding it. She KNEW it was dead and was okay with it. Dad was trying to not laugh.

Then after a while he said, "Okay, let's put the squirrel down and go take a bath."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Here it is:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/segments/video-...

After the ad, it's only a minute long, I think.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sweet.
:)
I've actually been thinking about Life After My Dogs for a little while now since they've been showing their age. I'm going to take a break for a little while and just play the future by ear.
I think it's nice to stagger their ages so you always have one around to help cheer you up.
dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do b/c the more mature of us know you would rather have Aunt Flo than the crap that awaits you when she stops visiting -- and I mean due to age not pregnancy.
Am I right Pelly?
Absolutely not...no Flo...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Yeah, remember the good old days when you spoke of nothing but the Govt Shutdown and headless democrats ruining our country?
Boy, I sure miss those days....NOT!

And FWIW because I am really pissed right now...

My cat is now on steroids, and it seems to keep her chugging along, but they only gave me 2wks supply. Said I had to come in for blood work if I wanted to keep her on it. I'm like, "The cat has cancer, what could you possibly need to know beyond that?", but nope, gotta bring her in.
So I stress my dying cat, have them pull blood from her juggler vein just so I can get here more steroids. Oh! The good news they tell me, is that now I can get the steroids for a whole year because they have this magic blood sample....
MY CAT DOES NOT HAVE A FRIGGING YEAR!!! The gross insensitivity of these people is just appalling. Nothing but a reason to charge me $160 for $18 in GD pills.
Yeah, that $160 paid for a blood draw and getting her temperature taken...BS MF's.
No compassion, not even basic logic (gee, dying cat with cancer, steroids seem to make here more comfortable, but lets do needless blood work to make sure she can keep taking it for short time she has left.)
Sublime1 wrote:
This thread is turning into debbie downer central.
We need some good news for once ... like Squishy is pregnant with triplets.:p

Since: Aug 09

Greendale, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

okay, i don't have good news as such - but maybe you topix people can help me out.

we were planning a family vacation next week - from Wisconsin to Florida with four kids - ages 4,6,7 and 8). We are driving - and to break up the trip - we are planning on leaving Milwaukee about midnight next thursday - getting to Mammoth Cave Kentucky in the morning sometime. Our plan was to spend the day do active things exploring the caves to get the kids tired out and then getting back in the car and make it as far as we can.

But now that Mammoth Cave may be shut down next friday, we are looking for alternatives in that area for 4 young children.

They've never ridden horses, but I'm sure that would love to try that. I see online that there is a park that has zip lines - I think they might like that.

I doesn't even have to be Kentucky - that was just a good seven or eight hours into our trip - and we thought that it would be a good stopping point.

Maybe some of you would have ideas to wear out some kids.(Even if their parents may be a bit exhausted from the drive).

thanks

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do b/c the more mature of us know you would rather have Aunt Flo than the crap that awaits you when she stops visiting -- and I mean due to age not pregnancy.
Am I right Pelly?
o\^/o
}

(If that turned out, it was m blowing raspberries)
Hey the perk with losing Aunt Flo is a senior discount and getting into movies cheaper.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

WhoIs_JohnGalt wrote:
okay, i don't have good news as such - but maybe you topix people can help me out.
we were planning a family vacation next week - from Wisconsin to Florida with four kids - ages 4,6,7 and 8). We are driving - and to break up the trip - we are planning on leaving Milwaukee about midnight next thursday - getting to Mammoth Cave Kentucky in the morning sometime. Our plan was to spend the day do active things exploring the caves to get the kids tired out and then getting back in the car and make it as far as we can.
But now that Mammoth Cave may be shut down next friday, we are looking for alternatives in that area for 4 young children.
They've never ridden horses, but I'm sure that would love to try that. I see online that there is a park that has zip lines - I think they might like that.
I doesn't even have to be Kentucky - that was just a good seven or eight hours into our trip - and we thought that it would be a good stopping point.
Maybe some of you would have ideas to wear out some kids.(Even if their parents may be a bit exhausted from the drive).
thanks
Check out the Shaker Village which in Kentucky. It has an inn you can say at and a restored village. with re-enacters. It is in the north part of the state in Bluegrass country.. We haven't been there for a long time, but had the girls with us when they were younger and they enjoyed it.

The food was very good as well- mostly locally grown s part of teh village, and "plain" so the kids would likley eat it.

Here is the link. I really recommend it and it is just about on your route.

http://www.shakervillageky.org/

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Have your kids push the car for a few miles. It will wear the kids out and save you gas.
WhoIs_JohnGalt wrote:
thanks
dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
o\^/o
}
Hey the perk with losing Aunt Flo is a senior discount and getting into movies cheaper.
yep..discount at White Castle among others. The best part is when they would skeptically look at you when you ask about the discount.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yeah, remember the good old days when you spoke of nothing but the Govt Shutdown and headless democrats ruining our country?
My cat is now on steroids, and it seems to keep her chugging along, but they only gave me 2wks supply. Said I had to come in for blood work if I wanted to keep her on it. I'm like, "The cat has cancer, what could you possibly need to know beyond that?", but nope, gotta bring her in.
So I stress my dying cat, have them pull blood from her juggler vein just so I can get here more steroids. Oh! The good news they tell me, is that now I can get the steroids for a whole year because they have this magic blood sample....
MY CAT DOES NOT HAVE A FRIGGING YEAR!!! The gross insensitivity of these people is just appalling. Nothing but a reason to charge me $160 for $18 in GD pills.
Yeah, that $160 paid for a blood draw and getting her temperature taken...BS MF's.
No compassion, not even basic logic (gee, dying cat with cancer, steroids seem to make here more comfortable, but lets do needless blood work to make sure she can keep taking it for short time she has left.)
<quoted text>
It's all about $$.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
o\^/o
}
It looks more like your boobs are sagging down by aunt flo.

<runs>

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Here it is:
http://tosh.comedycentral.com/segments/video-...
After the ad, it's only a minute long, I think.
That was GREAT!!! So funny!!!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RACE wrote:
Have your kids push the car for a few miles. It will wear the kids out and save you gas.
<quoted text>
My MIL has taken the girls on several road trips and her secret for wearing the girls out is to always stay at a hotel with a pool. After about an hour in the water, they pass right out.

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
That's crazy!
WHy make the poor kitty suffer???

My vet was really good about stuff like that. We had a diabetic Rottweiler that was in bad shapte. We had to give him a lot of insulin twice a day. At least when the doctor wanted to check up on him, they didn't charge us for the office visit or anything. They knew we were spending so much on insulin and needles.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Today's Prudie (chat) is pretty good:

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prude...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks more like your boobs are sagging down by aunt flo.
<runs>
Faster, Farther... runs, that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,083,088
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min prince calyobamawaby 48,990
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 21 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,433
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 25 min newpoly 1,867
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min wojar 175,072
'African' stowaway's body found on US military ... 28 min Daily Mail 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 31 min nono 3,842
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info