Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92525 Oct 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have about six months left, 12-14 MAYBE if I genetically qualify for a certain pill treatment (not likely).
I replied, but Topix told me it was inappropriate.
Excrement.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92526 Oct 9, 2013
Sorry to hear about jam & race's animals too. Just kinda skimmed over the last few days lookin to where the govmint talk eased up.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92527 Oct 9, 2013
I love Paul McCartney, but WTF?!? If John was not already dead, he'd shoot himself. Beatles songs? ON F'N GLEE?!?!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#92528 Oct 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://bobsullivan.net/outrigh t-scams/new-telemarketer-dirty -trick-impersonating-teachers- calling-parents-during-the-sch ool-day/
What kind of dumb ass would fall for this? Who would think cunzel's phone would come up as Teacher's Phone as opposed to, oh I don't know....Cunzel Smith, or even Washington Elementary?
Some teachers use their cell because parents stopped answering when they see the school number...but it still wouldn't say 'teacher.'

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#92529 Oct 9, 2013
oh, ange.... i'm so sorry to hear that! but, i bet you're drawing up your bucket list and will have a helluva time as long as you can.

what's your all-time favorite adult beverage? Let us know so that we can all raise a glass for you...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92530 Oct 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I love Paul McCartney, but WTF?!? If John was not already dead, he'd shoot himself. Beatles songs? ON F'N GLEE?!?!
The rights to the Beatles songs are owned by the Michael Jackson estate. McCartney has no say in how they are used.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92531 Oct 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The rights to the Beatles songs are owned by the Michael Jackson estate. McCartney has no say in how they are used.
You are correct. I thought I read that he was able to purchase the catalog back from the estate, but apparently that did not happen. Probably assumptions in speculative articles after Jackson's estate was in debt. However, it seems that in 2018, ownership begins to revert back to the songwriter.

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a507611/...

Since: Nov 09

Wisconsin

#92532 Oct 9, 2013
Angela, you should have the Eau Clarians among us (including me!) bring you delicious foods and buy you the best liquor the Cities can offer.*hugs***** cancer. We all love you, and this situation is such BS. You're amazing and don't you forget it, no matter what.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#92533 Oct 9, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with you, but... so what?
I work in the private sector and I've seen rolling layoffs, lack of work, lack of income. Sorry, but I don't feel too bad for "guvment employees," contract or otherwise, who are out of work. They're gonna get retroactive pay anyway. They should have to collect unemployment like the rest of us stiffs.
Not all 'government' employees are going to get retroactive pay, and most contractors won't. I don't understand why you feel that everyone should suffer because some in the private sector have. I refuse to seek unemployment benefits. I will do whatever I need to, to earn my living. This isn't personal, this is about our government acting like spoiled children and ruining our country, while they collect their paychecks. This is about national security and taxpayers taking a hit because our two party system has ceased to work.

And you know not all handouts are about feeding hungry children. That's a transparent ad hominem, or is there a layer of sarcasm here I'm not acknowleging? ;)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92534 Oct 10, 2013
Anonymous

Pune, India

#92535 Oct 10, 2013
This business is a high risk business and high tension too for the Trader in my opinion so its the right decision not to trades with our borrowed money to invest here and trade only with our affordable amount to loose in this business.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92536 Oct 10, 2013
I posted Amy twice but topix isn't accepting it.
Someone else either post the link if it shows up or try it independently.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#92537 Oct 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you could go in a car wreck tomorrow. Fact is, none of us know how much time we have left. Wasn't it Kadafi that was given like six months to live and was let out of prison because of it? Two years later he's still going strong. Dr's give people time tables all the time and they're usually wrong.
Seven months from now you'll be admitting I was right. Again.
HA! I'll drink to that.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92538 Oct 10, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! I'll drink to that.
Me too!!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

#92539 Oct 10, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all 'government' employees are going to get retroactive pay, and most contractors won't. I don't understand why you feel that everyone should suffer because some in the private sector have. I refuse to seek unemployment benefits. I will do whatever I need to, to earn my living. This isn't personal, this is about our government acting like spoiled children and ruining our country, while they collect their paychecks. This is about national security and taxpayers taking a hit because our two party system has ceased to work.
And you know not all handouts are about feeding hungry children. That's a transparent ad hominem, or is there a layer of sarcasm here I'm not acknowleging? ;)
I don't feel that everyone "should" suffer. I'm just saying that everyone has it rough. It's bad everywhere. I'm not gonna cry in my beer over some government worker who's getting an extra paid vacation.

And yes, I was being sarcastic. Entitlement programs are the largest drain on society. And a recent study showed 1/3 is wrought with fraud. Republicans want to try to trim the fat, and democrats start screaming "See, SEE! Republicans don't care about the poor!" They just can't understand the consequences of out of control spending. They have absolutely no sense of fiscal responsibility.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92540 Oct 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have about six months left, 12-14 MAYBE if I genetically qualify for a certain pill treatment (not likely).
:( Makes me so sad to hear that, Angela.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92541 Oct 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
I love Paul McCartney, but WTF?!? If John was not already dead, he'd shoot himself. Beatles songs? ON F'N GLEE?!?!
I think they'd shoot themselves if they had to hear so much about that no name actor from that show who died from a drug overdose. I can't tell you how many headlines I see discussing him. I also saw some headlines about them supposedly having a tribute at the Emmy awards for him and passing on giving them to much more accomplished actors.

You'd think he was the greatest actor of his generation or something, even though Screech from Saved by the Bell had a much longer career and was more well known. I had never even heard of that guy.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#92542 Oct 10, 2013
I'm on a training webinar all day today. Woo. Entertain me, peeps!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#92543 Oct 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>I don't feel that everyone "should" suffer. I'm just saying that everyone has it rough. It's bad everywhere. I'm not gonna cry in my beer over some government worker who's getting an extra paid vacation.

And yes, I was being sarcastic. Entitlement programs are the largest drain on society. And a recent study showed 1/3 is wrought with fraud. Republicans want to try to trim the fat, and democrats start screaming "See, SEE! Republicans don't care about the poor!" They just can't understand the consequences of out of control spending. They have absolutely no sense of fiscal responsibility.
What about the government workers who are going to work but not getting paid until this is over? Essential workers, like my husband, have to work (including "overtime " hours, if necessary), but are not receiving a paycheck. He will be paid eventually, but we don't know if that will be a lump payment or spread over several paychecks. Bills are still piling up at home, though.

This shutdown is a complete failure on the part of every congressperson and our president. They need to sit down and get this figured out, not refuse to even meet because they don't like thee terms that the other side has made before talks even happen.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#92544 Oct 10, 2013
I think the Beatles would be thrilled that their music is so meaningful to a new generation. It's not being used to sell cars in this case, it is being used to help this generation express their feelings, exactly what they were trying to do 40 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min FYVM 1,394,443
News Man who shot 3-year-old boy was celebrating gan... 14 min bozo 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Dr Guru 216,469
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,699
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 60,012
Chicago has the Worst Women 6 hr Bye Bye 8
AG Lynch proves to be a deceptive liar. 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages