Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
This thread is turning into debbie downer central.
We need some good news for once ... like Squishy is pregnant with triplets.:p
I like to think of it as more of a supportive family than a debbie downer central.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
or YOUR wife is pregnant with triplets! Not so funny now, is it? ;)~

I agree, we need something fun here. Matilda, we could use some SIL or MIL stories!

I'm catching up to you folks... I got a cab for my ekg this morning... ONLINE! Aren't you proud of me?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
My good news always is that Aunt Flo shows up, but I don't think you guys want to know that much about me.
Sure we do b/c the more mature of us know you would rather have Aunt Flo than the crap that awaits you when she stops visiting -- and I mean due to age not pregnancy.

Am I right Pelly?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

So is Race holding his ears?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
My good news always is that Aunt Flo shows up, but I don't think you guys want to know that much about me.
LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
or YOUR wife is pregnant with triplets! Not so funny now, is it? ;)~
I agree, we need something fun here. Matilda, we could use some SIL or MIL stories!
I'm catching up to you folks... I got a cab for my ekg this morning... ONLINE! Aren't you proud of me?
That would be SOOOO not funny considering I shoot blanks, lol.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

I gave you the Racy, Red so you'd have a kiss on your post. :D

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Good news? I'll give you good news. I'm visiting a friend this weekend that I haven't seen in -- like forever!

I found some items as I was cleaning up that I thought we're gone. A bracelet got lodged into the bed frame under the bed and it wasn't damaged. Yes!

I found $20 in a pocket last night.:D

I'll work on that good news a bit more, see what I can do but that's all I got now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Toj wrote:
Good news? I'll give you good news. I'm visiting a friend this weekend that I haven't seen in -- like forever!
I found some items as I was cleaning up that I thought we're gone. A bracelet got lodged into the bed frame under the bed and it wasn't damaged. Yes!
I'll work on that good news a bit more, see what I can do but that's all I got now.
My buddy went out to Cali for a wedding and bought me a poker chip from a Harley dealer out there. My wife saw it a few weeks ago and said how thoughtful that was.

It made me think of my texas hold em trophy poker chip I received when I won a tournament out at the MGM Grand in Vegas. I asked her if she had seen it ... she said not for years, and I had not either. I said to her, do you know how hard those things are to get ... my bro would kill for one ... I wish i knew where it was.

We cleaned out and organized our office this weekend and guess what showed up? Saweet!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you'd have a mini freakout over his post! ha!:)(I would too!)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

So... jamwow... do you think you'll get another dog?

I have a friend who has offered to bring her Akita over for visits to make me feel better.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Toj wrote:
Nice! Three for three!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The spot on my liver is a benign cyst, but they found several other spots. Here's what I posted on FB a little bit ago tonight:
Well, folks, I was going to wait until Wednesday to post anything, but patience is not MY virtue.
After feeling shortness of breath and some other symptoms, Nick *made* me go to the doctor. Long story short, I have a large mass on one lung, pneumonia in the other, and several spots on my liver. MY LIVER! Geez, you treat your liver like your best friend and this is how it repays me? I gave it NOTHING BUT THE BEST!!!
Spent most of the day at United Hospital today, had a few liver biopsies and they drained over two cups of fluid from the lung with the mass, left the other lung alone (I don't know why). Tomorrow I have an EKG because I have fluid around the heart (yes, I have a heart). Wednesday is The Big Day where we find out diagnosis/prognosis. My mom, Nick, and Mindy will be with me to hear that news.
This atheist happily accepts prayers from her many Believer Friends (capitalizing it makes you like a super hero group -- wondertwin powers, activate!), warm thoughts, best wishes, and crossed fingers.
I'm not the best right now at responding to messages because it's pretty emotional and overwhelming, so I respond in piecemeal. But those who know me know I"m not someone to keep things to herself. I'll post the results on Wednesday, but just a warning... it could be phenomenally shitty news. Or could be a huge "whew." One never knows. Such is life. What makes the whole stupid ride worthwhile is... people like all of you. Oh, and cats. Don't forget the cats. My cats are very much enjoying having their sick mom at home all day every day. Big jerks.
Hopefully the other spots are benign, too! I HAVE been praying for you and hoping it's the big "whew"!!!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was Angela's permission for gallows humor, or maybe I am truly sick and deparaved, but I am imaging the birthday girl 50 years from now, sitting around reminiscing about memorable birthdays, and saying, "Oh, yeah, when I was [10], for entertainment, the neighbor's dog snapped my guinea pigs neck in front of all of us- not one of my friends lost her cookies or teh cake or the ice cream"
Oh, we were having a few laughs, too, when the kids weren't around. The b-day girl and my daughter and another girl were passing the dead gp around and we were laughing about how "Pass the Dead Guinea Pig" has now replaced Hot Potato as the latest party game.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So... jamwow... do you think you'll get another dog?
I have a friend who has offered to bring her Akita over for visits to make me feel better.:)
That's sweet.
:)

I've actually been thinking about Life After My Dogs for a little while now since they've been showing their age. I'm going to take a break for a little while and just play the future by ear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Stina, there was a hilarious video on Tosh.0 recently, a little girl (like, 3-4 years old) had found a freshly dead squirrel (still looked good, and was soft/floppy) and was cuddling it and holding it. She KNEW it was dead and was okay with it. Dad was trying to not laugh.

Then after a while he said, "Okay, let's put the squirrel down and go take a bath."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Here it is:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/segments/video-...

After the ad, it's only a minute long, I think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
That's sweet.
:)
I've actually been thinking about Life After My Dogs for a little while now since they've been showing their age. I'm going to take a break for a little while and just play the future by ear.
I think it's nice to stagger their ages so you always have one around to help cheer you up.
dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure we do b/c the more mature of us know you would rather have Aunt Flo than the crap that awaits you when she stops visiting -- and I mean due to age not pregnancy.
Am I right Pelly?
Absolutely not...no Flo...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Yeah, remember the good old days when you spoke of nothing but the Govt Shutdown and headless democrats ruining our country?
Boy, I sure miss those days....NOT!

And FWIW because I am really pissed right now...

My cat is now on steroids, and it seems to keep her chugging along, but they only gave me 2wks supply. Said I had to come in for blood work if I wanted to keep her on it. I'm like, "The cat has cancer, what could you possibly need to know beyond that?", but nope, gotta bring her in.
So I stress my dying cat, have them pull blood from her juggler vein just so I can get here more steroids. Oh! The good news they tell me, is that now I can get the steroids for a whole year because they have this magic blood sample....
MY CAT DOES NOT HAVE A FRIGGING YEAR!!! The gross insensitivity of these people is just appalling. Nothing but a reason to charge me $160 for $18 in GD pills.
Yeah, that $160 paid for a blood draw and getting her temperature taken...BS MF's.
No compassion, not even basic logic (gee, dying cat with cancer, steroids seem to make here more comfortable, but lets do needless blood work to make sure she can keep taking it for short time she has left.)
Sublime1 wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 min TRD 68,323
Amy 8-27 9 min Community Disorga... 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min loose cannon 177,226
Abby 8-27 15 min Community Disorga... 3
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min fetch almighty 1,098,710
Blood on All Our Hands 46 min Truth be told 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,242
Amy 8-26 15 hr j_m_w 21

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••