“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#92504 Oct 9, 2013
Well Red. I have to be honest and tell you that I both hate and love what you're sharing with us.

You know how strong you are, you don't need me to say it, but I will anyway. You are one of the strongest and bravest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet, and I will continue to believe that someday, I will get to meet you in person.(and maybe cast a sideways glance down your blouse!)

So please win the lottery and throw yourself a party!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92505 Oct 9, 2013
Ang,

I don't know what to say. Like RACE, I am thankful you are sharing with us, but I hate, hate, HATE what it is you are going through. You ARE a strong and brave person!!! Don't lose hope - you'd be surprised the miracles that can happen! My SIL was diagnosed with very late stage cancer at 31 yo, about 6 months after my nephew was born. They gave her 6 months to live and she lived over 6 years. She was a strong, positive person who focused on the people that she loved and making the most of every day. I think that that, and lots of prayer, really made a difference.

You are just as strong as her and I encourage you to not give up hope. If there's anything any of us can do, don't be shy. I promise to check fb more often, too, so you let me know if I can help in any way! My heart is breaking for you and your family and my thoughts and prayers are with you every day.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#92506 Oct 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I ended up being checked into the hospital and hey don't know when I get to go home.
Preliminary findings = lung cancer has metastasized to the liver. Nick and I both guess I have six months.
Ok, that was funny. Haha-ha.... But joke's over. Stop it now!:'

::tries to figure out how to take a trip to MN::

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92507 Oct 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I ended up being checked into the hospital and hey don't know when I get to go home.
Preliminary findings = lung cancer has metastasized to the liver. Nick and I both guess I have six months.
Edog, I still do not like you and I'm sure it is mutual, but I am sorry that I so immaturely said such mean things as wishing death on you.
What was I thinking?
Percocet and Vicodin haven't done shit for me, but I'm too scared to try morphine just yet. My poor mom. Nick is a wreck, but even he gets that it is the parents whose hearts are breaking beyond belief in these situations.
I posted on fb tonight for people to please stop texting me so I can sleep. My phone will beep until I deal with the text, missed call, or voice mail. I can't turn that notification feature off.
So my brother posted on fb repeating what I had posted....an d I thought it was weird he was helping me in that manner.
Then he said, "does anyone know how to program a droid phone so it sends a text automatically every ten minutes?"
No words.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#92508 Oct 9, 2013
I think forced sterilization is generally a bad thing, except in the case of these people.

http://news.yahoo.com/denver-parents-accused-...

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92509 Oct 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I posted on fb tonight for people to please stop texting me so I can sleep. My phone will beep until I deal with the text, missed call, or voice mail. I can't turn that notification feature off.
There is certainly a way to do it in your notification settings, but you should be able to just mute the phone. Ask Nick to look through your settings nad set it so that you get ONE notification and that it repeats "never." Also find how to just mute it. I keep the sound off on mine all the time unless I'm epecting a call that I don't want to miss. Of course that kind of explains why it takes me a while to reply to texts/vm sometimes, but I don't care. Can't stand the notification BS sounds. I have an iPhone, but I have had Droids so I know it can be done.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92510 Oct 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
No. No. NO.
Oh, Ang.
What the hell can we say?
Get a second opinion.
You are in MN- go to Mayo
Fckn absolutely!! I've been thinking that for a while now. Get your butt to Mayo.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92511 Oct 9, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I could punch Sublime in the crotch...
Glad to hear benign! Similar thing with me in August: had routine chest x-ray (once a year for physical) and it had a spot. I have a permanent granuloma (she said probably from isolating TB---wtf).
Did another just to make sure and it hit the liver with a "suspicious lesion." Ick. Another test showed nothing.....repeating in feb.
What do you wanna do to my crotch with your hand? ha ha

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92512 Oct 9, 2013
Red --

Which service to you have on your phone?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92513 Oct 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>.
I've had six doctors so far and it is pretty clearance how bad it is.
My poor mom. Nick talked to her yesterday and said she agrees that we have limited time here.
I feel so bad for her.
I still say Mayo. Crap, I'll come to Minnesota and transport you myself.

(sigh)

Last time I will try to direct anything that isn't mine to direct. Not promising, though.

I dunno. I'm thinking doctor 7 and 8 might have a good plan.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92514 Oct 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Edog, I still do not like you and I'm sure it is mutual, but I am sorry that I so immaturely said such mean things as wishing death on you.
What was I thinking?
Percocet and Vicodin haven't done shit for me, but I'm too scared to try morphine just yet. My poor mom. Nick is a wreck, but even he gets that it is the parents whose hearts are breaking beyond belief in these situations.
So my brother posted on fb repeating what I had posted....an d I thought it was weird he was helping me in that manner.
Then he said, "does anyone know how to program a droid phone so it sends a text automatically every ten minutes?"
Oh no, Angela. Iím so very sorry to hear that.:(

You can't control the cards you are dealt in life, but you can play the hand you are dealt the best you can. So, don't give up hope. You are a fighter.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#92515 Oct 9, 2013
Hey Red.
Did you ever sell your bike?

West Palm Beach, FL

#92516 Oct 9, 2013
Finally some good news: my friend C had her baby a few hours ago.
:)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#92517 Oct 9, 2013
F*CK!!!!

Ang, you are one of my imaginary friends who has become a friend IRL. This sucks!!!

I think you are a rock star and I know that you will continue to move forward with with the same take no prisoners attitude that you have always shown. We are here, on and off Topix, to support you, distract you, make you laugh and make you sentimental - whichever helps most at that moment.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92518 Oct 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
What was I thinking?
Bringing this forward so the afternoon shift sees it.

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#92519 Oct 9, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Oops! I used a government site- NOT a teabagger site! Oh no!
Is that where you got the sweater/house-on-fire analogy?
I shouldn't do this, but it's been a bad week. You know what I say to anyone using the term "teabagger"? Eff you. Our president is standing there like a petulant 4 year old demanding his candy bar, and the whole thing is crap.

Do any of you realize what is going to happen on the 21st if our illustrious idiots in Congress don't get their act together? Every national laboratory in the country will be shut down, and their employees, direct and contract, furloughed. You figure out how many more people that is sitting home not making money to pay their taxes and bills. Taxes that pay for all the handouts that have helped to drive our debt beyond imaginable, and pushing against ceiling after ceiling, while petulant pissants point and call others teabaggers.

Quit blaming the Republicans. If you truly think the Dems have no fault in this or responsibility you're drunk on the koolaid. Both parties are a shambles and a disgrace and should be ousted.

Sorry. It's been a bad week. This response is probably ill timed, and for that I apologize.

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#92520 Oct 9, 2013
I knew it. Redhead, I'm sorry, I truly am. Everything else pales compared to what you are facing.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92521 Oct 9, 2013
I have about six months left, 12-14 MAYBE if I genetically qualify for a certain pill treatment (not likely).

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#92522 Oct 9, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
Every national laboratory in the country will be shut down, and their employees, direct and contract, furloughed.
I'm with you, but... so what?

I work in the private sector and I've seen rolling layoffs, lack of work, lack of income. Sorry, but I don't feel too bad for "guvment employees," contract or otherwise, who are out of work. They're gonna get retroactive pay anyway. They should have to collect unemployment like the rest of us stiffs.
-CatCiao- wrote:
Taxes that pay for all the handouts that have helped to drive our debt beyond imaginable, and pushing against ceiling after ceiling
Do you even care about starving children? Let's just keep raising the debt ceiling. And keep raising the debt ceiling. And keep raising the debt ceiling. That should solve everything.
-CatCiao- wrote:
while petulant pissants point and call others teabaggers.
Hey, give em a break. It's all they have.
-CatCiao- wrote:

Quit blaming the Republicans.
They can't. Republicans are the only ones stopping them from getting their way. Damn democracy and the system of checks and balances!!!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92523 Oct 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I have about six months left, 12-14 MAYBE if I genetically qualify for a certain pill treatment (not likely).
Wow. There are no words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 51 min OzRitz 50,276
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 1,172,481
Mom & Daughter arrested 4 stabbing school offic... 1 hr joey 2
Jay Cutler U Suk 1 hr joey 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 183,732
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMerde 51,359
one million dollars 4 hr John Randle 1
abby 1-26 7 hr Mister Tonka 28
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) Sun Irving 74
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST