Comments
91,021 - 91,040 of 97,932 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92430 Oct 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dogs....
My lab mix Jessie passed away over the weekend. She was around 15 so it's not a total shock, just how quickly it happened. Last Tuesday she was lethargic and blah but then snapped out of it, then relapsed on Saturday. Didn't want to eat or do anything, and she could walk on her own but it was unsteady and whenever we stopped, she'd lay down. I thought she'd rebound again but planned on taking her to the emergency vet if she wasn't better the next day. She passed away in her sleep sometime early Sunday morning.
At first, I was beating myself up for not taking her in on Saturday, but the vet at the emergency clinic on Sunday said that if things happened this quickly, there's nothing they could have done anyway. And she said that I'm lucky because my dog went peacefully at home and I didn't have to make The Decision or put Jessie through the stress of going to the vet, etc. That made me feel a LOT better.
And D has been amazing through this; he did all the difficult stuff for me and has been supportive and sweet.
I spoke to J, who I think was blindsided. He was supposed to visit the dogs on his way to Miami the weekend before last but his girlfriend didn't want to (they were on their way to the port for a cruise). I know he wishes he would've done it anyway.
Okay, back to your regularly scheduled political arguing.
;)
So sorry for your loss....I'm sorry i even brought up such a sad subject....But, you were truly very blessed to have had her 15 years is very good.....we had Cal, our yellow lab at 12, lay down and go at home like that...she was a shelter dog, that alway's had something medical going on.....We alway's get females....Dogs are a gift from God....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92431 Oct 7, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
My weekend sad story: My daughter was at a friend's house for a birthday party (we are friends with the family). I went to pick her up and we were hanging out. Then, a neighbor brought her dog over and the dog got into the guinea pig's pen and snapped the poor thing's neck in front of a bunch of the girls (including the b-day girl). It was just horrible. At least the pig went quickly and I don't think she suffered too long. It was very sad, though.
Maybe it was Angela's permission for gallows humor, or maybe I am truly sick and deparaved, but I am imaging the birthday girl 50 years from now, sitting around reminiscing about memorable birthdays, and saying, "Oh, yeah, when I was [10], for entertainment, the neighbor's dog snapped my guinea pigs neck in front of all of us- not one of my friends lost her cookies or teh cake or the ice cream"

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92432 Oct 7, 2013
This is awesome.

Bride doesn't want guests attending her wedding 'for free,' so don't forget your checkbook

http://living.msn.com/love-relationships/the-...
dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

#92433 Oct 7, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was Angela's permission for gallows humor, or maybe I am truly sick and deparaved, but I am imaging the birthday girl 50 years from now, sitting around reminiscing about memorable birthdays, and saying, "Oh, yeah, when I was [10], for entertainment, the neighbor's dog snapped my guinea pigs neck in front of all of us- not one of my friends lost her cookies or teh cake or the ice cream"
ha...maybe a little of both.. I am so bored. reason I'm here is that SIL had a partial knee replacement and brother had to leave to shoot an elk, or so he hopes. I'm playing caretaker.
home Wed...yea

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92434 Oct 7, 2013
The spot on my liver is a benign cyst, but they found several other spots. Here's what I posted on FB a little bit ago tonight:

Well, folks, I was going to wait until Wednesday to post anything, but patience is not MY virtue.

After feeling shortness of breath and some other symptoms, Nick *made* me go to the doctor. Long story short, I have a large mass on one lung, pneumonia in the other, and several spots on my liver. MY LIVER! Geez, you treat your liver like your best friend and this is how it repays me? I gave it NOTHING BUT THE BEST!!!

Spent most of the day at United Hospital today, had a few liver biopsies and they drained over two cups of fluid from the lung with the mass, left the other lung alone (I don't know why). Tomorrow I have an EKG because I have fluid around the heart (yes, I have a heart). Wednesday is The Big Day where we find out diagnosis/prognosis. My mom, Nick, and Mindy will be with me to hear that news.

This atheist happily accepts prayers from her many Believer Friends (capitalizing it makes you like a super hero group -- wondertwin powers, activate!), warm thoughts, best wishes, and crossed fingers.

I'm not the best right now at responding to messages because it's pretty emotional and overwhelming, so I respond in piecemeal. But those who know me know I"m not someone to keep things to herself. I'll post the results on Wednesday, but just a warning... it could be phenomenally shitty news. Or could be a huge "whew." One never knows. Such is life. What makes the whole stupid ride worthwhile is... people like all of you. Oh, and cats. Don't forget the cats. My cats are very much enjoying having their sick mom at home all day every day. Big jerks.

Location hidden

#92435 Oct 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
This is awesome.
Bride doesn't want guests attending her wedding 'for free,' so don't forget your checkbook
I love it.

Location hidden

#92436 Oct 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
This is awesome.
My favorite of the responses:

I WONDER HOW MUCH SHE IS CHARGING HER NEW HUBBY FOR THE HONEYMOON NITE ???

Location hidden

#92437 Oct 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dogs....
My lab mix Jessie passed away over the weekend. She was around 15 so it's not a total shock, just how quickly it happened. Last Tuesday she was lethargic and blah but then snapped out of it, then relapsed on Saturday. Didn't want to eat or do anything, and she could walk on her own but it was unsteady and whenever we stopped, she'd lay down. I thought she'd rebound again but planned on taking her to the emergency vet if she wasn't better the next day. She passed away in her sleep sometime early Sunday morning.
At first, I was beating myself up for not taking her in on Saturday, but the vet at the emergency clinic on Sunday said that if things happened this quickly, there's nothing they could have done anyway. And she said that I'm lucky because my dog went peacefully at home and I didn't have to make The Decision or put Jessie through the stress of going to the vet, etc. That made me feel a LOT better.
And D has been amazing through this; he did all the difficult stuff for me and has been supportive and sweet.
I spoke to J, who I think was blindsided. He was supposed to visit the dogs on his way to Miami the weekend before last but his girlfriend didn't want to (they were on their way to the port for a cruise). I know he wishes he would've done it anyway.
;)
Aw! I'm so sorry! but I agree with your vet -- this was fast and merciful, less stressful than going to the vet... I'm so sorry!:(

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92438 Oct 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The spot on my liver is a benign cyst, but they found several other spots. Here's what I posted on FB a little bit ago tonight:
Well, folks, I was going to wait until Wednesday to post anything, but patience is not MY virtue.
After feeling shortness of breath and some other symptoms, Nick *made* me go to the doctor. Long story short, I have a large mass on one lung, pneumonia in the other, and several spots on my liver. MY LIVER! Geez, you treat your liver like your best friend and this is how it repays me? I gave it NOTHING BUT THE BEST!!!
Spent most of the day at United Hospital today, had a few liver biopsies and they drained over two cups of fluid from the lung with the mass, left the other lung alone (I don't know why). Tomorrow I have an EKG because I have fluid around the heart (yes, I have a heart). Wednesday is The Big Day where we find out diagnosis/prognosis. My mom, Nick, and Mindy will be with me to hear that news.
This atheist happily accepts prayers from her many Believer Friends (capitalizing it makes you like a super hero group -- wondertwin powers, activate!), warm thoughts, best wishes, and crossed fingers.
I'm not the best right now at responding to messages because it's pretty emotional and overwhelming, so I respond in piecemeal. But those who know me know I"m not someone to keep things to herself. I'll post the results on Wednesday, but just a warning... it could be phenomenally shitty news. Or could be a huge "whew." One never knows. Such is life. What makes the whole stupid ride worthwhile is... people like all of you. Oh, and cats. Don't forget the cats. My cats are very much enjoying having their sick mom at home all day every day. Big jerks.
Fluid, cysts, these are words I like to hear.

Location hidden

#92439 Oct 7, 2013
And yes, PE, gallows humor is fine :)

Edog's post still is the best/funniest thing I've read!

Location hidden

#92440 Oct 7, 2013
Okay, folks. I'm going to take my inhaler and my vicodin and head to bed. We'll see how this vicodin works. I've never taken a prescription painkiller.

thanks for your kind and funny :) words and see you tomorrow.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#92441 Oct 8, 2013
James

United States

#92443 Oct 8, 2013
Do you need an urgent loan contact Mr tiny for a loan range of $1000 to $500000million he is reliable and he is the best email via tinyloanoffer@gmail.com

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#92444 Oct 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
Everyone feel free to mock me and my Giants. I have rubbed your noses in it, payback is quite the beiotch.
Sorry been busy but here ya go.

:::mock mock mock::

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#92445 Oct 8, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dogs....
;)
I'm so sorry babe. Even though I agree with the vet, it doesn't make it any easier to lose a family member.::hugs::

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92446 Oct 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OMG! I am so happy it's benign. It's not unusual, people have told me, to have crap show up on the liver. It's being benign is so so cool.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92447 Oct 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Fluid, cysts, these are words I like to hear.
Ditto

Location hidden

#92448 Oct 8, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dogs....
;)
I'm sorry to hear that.

Location hidden

#92449 Oct 8, 2013
This thread is turning into debbie downer central.

We need some good news for once ... like Squishy is pregnant with triplets.:p

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#92450 Oct 8, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
This thread is turning into debbie downer central.
We need some good news for once ... like Squishy is pregnant with triplets.:p
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

My good news always is that Aunt Flo shows up, but I don't think you guys want to know that much about me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Patrick 1,100,146
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min LRS 177,370
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 38 min voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,977
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 1 hr peter osterman 7
Abby 8-29 1 hr Julie 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Paco Pinto 4,666
Amy 8-29 4 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••