Topix Chitown Regulars

Posted in the Chicago Forum

Comments (Page 4,550)

Showing posts 90,981 - 91,000 of96,133
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92361
Oct 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
they're both cute but I do like duck on the plate better. my brother here hunts and I had antelope last night. it was very good. I know, off the subject but you made me think of roast duck.
One of Nick's regular bday gifts from me is a subscription to Outdoor News, which is a newspaper of hunting/fishing stuff in MN.(It's *excellent*-- very well written.)

We love the "cuffs and collars" page that lists all the Conservation Officer activities, and they don't keep it strictly professional, which is fun. The last one I read mentioned that the CO checked on a group of bow hunters but they reported not having any luck other than catching a porcupine, which one of the guys dressed, cut up, and made stew out of, and the CO reported that it was the most delicious wild game dish he'd ever eaten.

What a cool experience -- the CO obviously is a supporter of hunting and fishing or he wouldn't do that for a living, and that the hunters he checked on offered some of their wild game food, and he accepted it.
dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92362
Oct 5, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
One of Nick's regular bday gifts from me is a subscription to Outdoor News, which is a newspaper of hunting/fishing stuff in MN.(It's *excellent*-- very well written.)
We love the "cuffs and collars" page that lists all the Conservation Officer activities, and they don't keep it strictly professional, which is fun. The last one I read mentioned that the CO checked on a group of bow hunters but they reported not having any luck other than catching a porcupine, which one of the guys dressed, cut up, and made stew out of, and the CO reported that it was the most delicious wild game dish he'd ever eaten.
What a cool experience -- the CO obviously is a supporter of hunting and fishing or he wouldn't do that for a living, and that the hunters he checked on offered some of their wild game food, and he accepted it.
my brother once spent thousands to get an elk, and he missed it. altho he is an excellent marksman. eats everything he does get and spends serious money to do it. SIL is getting a little tired of game. but she's letting him put the antelope head over the tv. not my idea of decor.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92363
Oct 5, 2013
 
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Blue, the woman killed in DC turned out to be a BLACK woman. So much for your theory she was some tea bagger upset over obamacare, huh? You gonna say now how crazy liberal Obama supporters are? Shut you up, didn't it?
So why can't a black women be in the tea party?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92364
Oct 5, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm not getting caught up ont he last few pages.
Weekend plans: last night, Nick came over and we went out to eat and he took me to Walmart to pick up some things, and Petco to get a new tower for the cats. Then he fixed my computer. I sent him home with two big pans of homemade brownies (one for the cabin closer today--I roasted walnuts for thsoe brownies!).
Today: A friend is bringing me lunch and a big bag of weed!:D
I had my first cocktail in a week last night (my care coordinator told me I can have a drink -- and it was really with the tone of, "need a drink, have one, but no boozing it up"). I won't be allowed to drink once I get on more meds so I wanted to enjoy one while I can. I think it played a role in helping me to sleep through the entire night (first time in weeks). It was wonderful.
Tomorrow: Keep cleaning. I can do only so much at a time before I have to sit down and catch my breath. I wish they'd sent me home with a nebulizer. I have an inhaler to use up to four times a day, and my Xanax (anti-anxiety, but it has to do with breathing as well somehow) is for bedtime only, but a neb would help a lot.
so I basically sit at the computer and play wow, and take frequent breaks to do small things.
Walking down my long hallway leaves me winded.
This is so surreal!!!
And I'm hungry! I splurged and bought comfort foods to encourage me to eat. Peanut butter capn crunch, toaster strudel (!), etc. I ate more yesterday than I've eaten in a month in a single day. Nick even was happy with that.
Nick is stoic like me, but he admitted that he nearly broke down in the showers at the gym yesterday.:(
Brownies sound awesome. You could have mixed them up with some of that stuff you got in the baggie at lunch.:)(I know, I've heard you can't just put pot in brownies, it's more extract (I think).) Heh. Closing the cabin would have been epic.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92365
Oct 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm not getting caught up ont he last few pages.
Weekend plans: last night, Nick came over and we went out to eat and he took me to Walmart to pick up some things, and Petco to get a new tower for the cats. Then he fixed my computer. I sent him home with two big pans of homemade brownies (one for the cabin closer today--I roasted walnuts for thsoe brownies!).
Today: A friend is bringing me lunch and a big bag of weed!:D
I had my first cocktail in a week last night (my care coordinator told me I can have a drink -- and it was really with the tone of, "need a drink, have one, but no boozing it up"). I won't be allowed to drink once I get on more meds so I wanted to enjoy one while I can. I think it played a role in helping me to sleep through the entire night (first time in weeks). It was wonderful.
Tomorrow: Keep cleaning. I can do only so much at a time before I have to sit down and catch my breath. I wish they'd sent me home with a nebulizer. I have an inhaler to use up to four times a day, and my Xanax (anti-anxiety, but it has to do with breathing as well somehow) is for bedtime only, but a neb would help a lot.
so I basically sit at the computer and play wow, and take frequent breaks to do small things.
Walking down my long hallway leaves me winded.
This is so surreal!!!
And I'm hungry! I splurged and bought comfort foods to encourage me to eat. Peanut butter capn crunch, toaster strudel (!), etc. I ate more yesterday than I've eaten in a month in a single day. Nick even was happy with that.
Nick is stoic like me, but he admitted that he nearly broke down in the showers at the gym yesterday.:(
Good to see you here.

Look at it this way: at least this didn't happen during softball season because you would be sh*t at running the bases.

You have been inundated I am sure ( and if the weather reports are accurate that is probably true literally and metaphorically). I sent you a PM the other day with more than just good wishes.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92366
Oct 5, 2013
 
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
my brother once spent thousands to get an elk, and he missed it. altho he is an excellent marksman. eats everything he does get and spends serious money to do it. SIL is getting a little tired of game. but she's letting him put the antelope head over the tv. not my idea of decor.
That would be the biggest fight Nick and I ever had: Over a deer head. I'd ban it from the house (it can go int he garage), he'd want it in the living room.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92367
Oct 5, 2013
 
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you here.
Look at it this way: at least this didn't happen during softball season because you would be sh*t at running the bases.
You have been inundated I am sure ( and if the weather reports are accurate that is probably true literally and metaphorically). I sent you a PM the other day with more than just good wishes.
You know, this softball season, I did suck at running. I'd run to first, get thrown out on a gronder, and I could barely get my breath back enough to get back to the bench. I just thought "wow, I guess I'm getting older/more out of shape" or something.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92368
Oct 5, 2013
 
But good news: I ate an entire frozen pizza tonight! My appetite has been awful the past few weeks, and I often have to force myself to eat a little something. Granted, the pizza was one of those rather small organic Amy's brand pizzas (it was freakin' delicious), but I ate it all. nick was really happy.

Kinda funny. Eating a whole one was not something that made me proud but now it does!

Is anyone else interested in that Tom Hanks Somali pirate movie? I'm trying to find people to go tomorrow to see the matinee.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92369
Oct 5, 2013
 
can I assume that hospitals now have wifi, so I can bring my ipad with me to these procedures? I don't want to have to get a smart phone for the coming weeks/months just to be able to surf the 'net.
dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92370
Oct 5, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
can I assume that hospitals now have wifi, so I can bring my ipad with me to these procedures? I don't want to have to get a smart phone for the coming weeks/months just to be able to surf the 'net.
our small one has it in these small waiting spaces on each floor, but not in the rooms. if that's the case at yours, hopefully you will be able to schlep to one. I get the feeling that you're one tough cookie and everything will be resolved in a positive manner.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92371
Oct 5, 2013
 
So the pool party went off mostly without a glitch. I say mostly because there was some pretty serious thunderstorms going on and the power went out only in the room we were eating in. We rolled with it and it made the cake look even better. All kids (and a few adults) had fun in the pool, the only injury was minor and Lulu got what she really wanted (and then some!) so I'll call it a win.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92372
Oct 5, 2013
 
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
our small one has it in these small waiting spaces on each floor, but not in the rooms. if that's the case at yours, hopefully you will be able to schlep to one. I get the feeling that you're one tough cookie and everything will be resolved in a positive manner.
Aw, thanks. I'm convinced it'll be bad news and I have six months to live.

seriously. that is exactly what I am expecting to hear.

I have no idea what it is like to read those words when someone else has typed them, but I'm just putting that out there.

I'm going to start purging big time. BIG TIME! Clean house! get rid of this stuff! clean start!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92373
Oct 5, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But good news: I ate an entire frozen pizza tonight! My appetite has been awful the past few weeks, and I often have to force myself to eat a little something. Granted, the pizza was one of those rather small organic Amy's brand pizzas (it was freakin' delicious), but I ate it all. nick was really happy.
Kinda funny. Eating a whole one was not something that made me proud but now it does!
Is anyone else interested in that Tom Hanks Somali pirate movie? I'm trying to find people to go tomorrow to see the matinee.
Not in Chicago yet I don't think.

As long as you are off, here is some info you might not know.

Movie prices cahnge based on the time of day and day of week.

I saw Don Jon for $5.00 on Wednesday afternoon.(I counted 14 people in the theater btw)

It would be $7.00 on Friday and Saturday early afternoon

It was $10.75 Saturday night

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92374
Oct 5, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
can I assume that hospitals now have wifi, so I can bring my ipad with me to these procedures? I don't want to have to get a smart phone for the coming weeks/months just to be able to surf the 'net.
When I have been with my dad over teh last year ( since I got a smartphone) all of them had wifi, but they were larger hospitals

How often will you have to go?

If you are in a unit where there is a lot of electronics or radiology you might have reception issues. I'd call the nurse on the floor and ask.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92375
Oct 5, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But good news: I ate an entire frozen pizza tonight! My appetite has been awful the past few weeks, and I often have to force myself to eat a little something. Granted, the pizza was one of those rather small organic Amy's brand pizzas (it was freakin' delicious), but I ate it all. nick was really happy.
Kinda funny. Eating a whole one was not something that made me proud but now it does!
Is anyone else interested in that Tom Hanks Somali pirate movie? I'm trying to find people to go tomorrow to see the matinee.
not that this compares in severity, but when i found out i had an axxiety problem, i started sleeping better (i woudl stay awake late and/or wake between 2 &4), even before i started doing anything about it. i wonder if that's what's happending to you.

eihter way, good on you for getting your appetite back. i'd say roll wiht it; eat what you have a taste for, because there will be days wehn it will be a challenge to get anything to apppeal.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92376
Oct 5, 2013
 
They have me taking an inhaler up to four times a day, but stressed that I should do one before bed, along with the Xanax, to help me sleep better.

Don't know anything about oftenness, just sort of thinking ahead. I think tomorrow is going to suck! Long day!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92377
Oct 6, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But good news: I ate an entire frozen pizza tonight! My appetite has been awful the past few weeks, and I often have to force myself to eat a little something. Granted, the pizza was one of those rather small organic Amy's brand pizzas (it was freakin' delicious), but I ate it all. nick was really happy.
Kinda funny. Eating a whole one was not something that made me proud but now it does!
Is anyone else interested in that Tom Hanks Somali pirate movie? I'm trying to find people to go tomorrow to see the matinee.
Tom Hanks looks an awful lot, like that ship captain, he is portraying....anxious to see how he does with that accent...lol...We discovered Homerun Pizzas, from Chicago...the best frozen pizza we've ever had,though my wife always cuts up onion, green peppers and other toppings to add.....Have you ever tried them?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92378
Oct 6, 2013
 
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
they're both cute but I do like duck on the plate better. my brother here hunts and I had antelope last night. it was very good. I know, off the subject but you made me think of roast duck.
Did you get a chance to see any of the, Hot Air Balloon Festival there, this weekend? It look's breathtaking when they show it on the news.....

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92379
Oct 6, 2013
 
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Tom Hanks looks an awful lot, like that ship captain, he is portraying....anxious to see how he does with that accent...lol...We discovered Homerun Pizzas, from Chicago...the best frozen pizza we've ever had,though my wife always cuts up onion, green peppers and other toppings to add.....Have you ever tried them?
Lulu would eat an individual cheese Home Run Inn frozen pizza for dinner every night if I let her. They are really good so I can't really blame her.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92380
Oct 6, 2013
 
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Lulu would eat an individual cheese Home Run Inn frozen pizza for dinner every night if I let her. They are really good so I can't really blame her.
If we ever have a Chicago area Regs Reunion IRL we could go to a real Home Run Inn. t least one of them has a pizza buffet where you can graze

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,981 - 91,000 of96,133
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,034,117
Music Artists A to Z 6 min boundary painter 92
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 12 min boundary painter 1,023
Amy 4-19 15 min boundary painter 8
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 23 min boundary painter 7,551
Abby 4-19 25 min boundary painter 8
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min ritedownthemiddle 42,991
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••