“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#92416 Oct 7, 2013
Everyone feel free to mock me and my Giants. I have rubbed your noses in it, payback is quite the beiotch.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92417 Oct 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..6?....I'd still be grieving over that young....i guess we've been blessed that 12 is the youngest, over the years....I'd love to have a Golden, since my wife is in charge of fur management and collection....lol....
Yeah, it took a loooong time to get over him!!! If your wife is in charge of fur, go for it! Goldens are awesome!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92418 Oct 7, 2013
RACE wrote:
Everyone feel free to mock me and my Giants. I have rubbed your noses in it, payback is quite the beiotch.
I'll wait until Thursday.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92419 Oct 7, 2013
Speaking of dogs....

My lab mix Jessie passed away over the weekend. She was around 15 so it's not a total shock, just how quickly it happened. Last Tuesday she was lethargic and blah but then snapped out of it, then relapsed on Saturday. Didn't want to eat or do anything, and she could walk on her own but it was unsteady and whenever we stopped, she'd lay down. I thought she'd rebound again but planned on taking her to the emergency vet if she wasn't better the next day. She passed away in her sleep sometime early Sunday morning.

At first, I was beating myself up for not taking her in on Saturday, but the vet at the emergency clinic on Sunday said that if things happened this quickly, there's nothing they could have done anyway. And she said that I'm lucky because my dog went peacefully at home and I didn't have to make The Decision or put Jessie through the stress of going to the vet, etc. That made me feel a LOT better.

And D has been amazing through this; he did all the difficult stuff for me and has been supportive and sweet.

I spoke to J, who I think was blindsided. He was supposed to visit the dogs on his way to Miami the weekend before last but his girlfriend didn't want to (they were on their way to the port for a cruise). I know he wishes he would've done it anyway.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled political arguing.
;)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92420 Oct 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dogs....
My lab mix Jessie passed away over the weekend. She was around 15 so it's not a total shock, just how quickly it happened. Last Tuesday she was lethargic and blah but then snapped out of it, then relapsed on Saturday. Didn't want to eat or do anything, and she could walk on her own but it was unsteady and whenever we stopped, she'd lay down. I thought she'd rebound again but planned on taking her to the emergency vet if she wasn't better the next day. She passed away in her sleep sometime early Sunday morning.
At first, I was beating myself up for not taking her in on Saturday, but the vet at the emergency clinic on Sunday said that if things happened this quickly, there's nothing they could have done anyway. And she said that I'm lucky because my dog went peacefully at home and I didn't have to make The Decision or put Jessie through the stress of going to the vet, etc. That made me feel a LOT better.
And D has been amazing through this; he did all the difficult stuff for me and has been supportive and sweet.
I spoke to J, who I think was blindsided. He was supposed to visit the dogs on his way to Miami the weekend before last but his girlfriend didn't want to (they were on their way to the port for a cruise). I know he wishes he would've done it anyway.
;)
Oh, Jamwow, I am so sorry you lost your furry friend. It does sound like he went peacefully and in a comfortable, loving home.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92421 Oct 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dogs....
;)
I am so sorry to hear that! You should be so very thankful that she went peacefully in the comfort and warmth of her own home. That means a lot.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92422 Oct 7, 2013
My weekend sad story: My daughter was at a friend's house for a birthday party (we are friends with the family). I went to pick her up and we were hanging out. Then, a neighbor brought her dog over and the dog got into the guinea pig's pen and snapped the poor thing's neck in front of a bunch of the girls (including the b-day girl). It was just horrible. At least the pig went quickly and I don't think she suffered too long. It was very sad, though.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92423 Oct 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dogs....
;)
I am sorry about your dog. It's good that D is being supportive. I am ashamed to say that I am feeling smug about J's missing the goodbye because of the girlfriend.

Remind me- you have /had two dogs, right? How is the other one doing?

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92424 Oct 7, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> I am sorry about your dog. It's good that D is being supportive. I am ashamed to say that I am feeling smug about J's missing the goodbye because of the girlfriend.
Remind me- you have /had two dogs, right? How is the other one doing?
Yeah, I have moments when I'm fighting the smugness myself. D said that if he was in J's shoes, he'd be angry with the girlfriend/would have told her he was going to see the dogs anyway and she could stay in the car if she wanted to. Mostly I feel bad for J though because I think he's really taking this hard. Having regrets sucks.

Yes, two dogs. Binky, my maltese, is pretty much acting normal. I'm sure she misses Jessie but so far she's eating, sleeping, behaving normally. I wonder if she'll become more clingy.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92425 Oct 7, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
My weekend sad story: My daughter was at a friend's house for a birthday party (we are friends with the family). I went to pick her up and we were hanging out. Then, a neighbor brought her dog over and the dog got into the guinea pig's pen and snapped the poor thing's neck in front of a bunch of the girls (including the b-day girl). It was just horrible. At least the pig went quickly and I don't think she suffered too long. It was very sad, though.
Yikes!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#92426 Oct 7, 2013
jmw, I'm sorry about your pup. Sounds like it was peaceful, which is what we really want for our loved ones, right?

Stina, yikes!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92427 Oct 7, 2013
RACE wrote:
Offensive line is wounded, you'll always be okay, as long as you have Eli....But, this is Coughlin's last year...

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92428 Oct 7, 2013
squishymama wrote:
jmw, I'm sorry about your pup. Sounds like it was peaceful, which is what we really want for our loved ones, right?
Stina, yikes!
It was really sad, but kind of funny because the kids walked around with that dead guinea pig for hours. We were surprised that flies weren't gethering.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92429 Oct 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I have moments when I'm fighting the smugness myself. D said that if he was in J's shoes, he'd be angry with the girlfriend/would have told her he was going to see the dogs anyway and she could stay in the car if she wanted to. Mostly I feel bad for J though because I think he's really taking this hard. Having regrets sucks.
Yes, two dogs. Binky, my maltese, is pretty much acting normal. I'm sure she misses Jessie but so far she's eating, sleeping, behaving normally. I wonder if she'll become more clingy.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It's his own fault.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92430 Oct 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Speaking of dogs....
;)
So sorry for your loss....I'm sorry i even brought up such a sad subject....But, you were truly very blessed to have had her 15 years is very good.....we had Cal, our yellow lab at 12, lay down and go at home like that...she was a shelter dog, that alway's had something medical going on.....We alway's get females....Dogs are a gift from God....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92431 Oct 7, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
Maybe it was Angela's permission for gallows humor, or maybe I am truly sick and deparaved, but I am imaging the birthday girl 50 years from now, sitting around reminiscing about memorable birthdays, and saying, "Oh, yeah, when I was [10], for entertainment, the neighbor's dog snapped my guinea pigs neck in front of all of us- not one of my friends lost her cookies or teh cake or the ice cream"

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92432 Oct 7, 2013
This is awesome.

Bride doesn't want guests attending her wedding 'for free,' so don't forget your checkbook

http://living.msn.com/love-relationships/the-...
dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

#92433 Oct 7, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was Angela's permission for gallows humor, or maybe I am truly sick and deparaved, but I am imaging the birthday girl 50 years from now, sitting around reminiscing about memorable birthdays, and saying, "Oh, yeah, when I was [10], for entertainment, the neighbor's dog snapped my guinea pigs neck in front of all of us- not one of my friends lost her cookies or teh cake or the ice cream"
ha...maybe a little of both.. I am so bored. reason I'm here is that SIL had a partial knee replacement and brother had to leave to shoot an elk, or so he hopes. I'm playing caretaker.
home Wed...yea

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92434 Oct 7, 2013
The spot on my liver is a benign cyst, but they found several other spots. Here's what I posted on FB a little bit ago tonight:

Well, folks, I was going to wait until Wednesday to post anything, but patience is not MY virtue.

After feeling shortness of breath and some other symptoms, Nick *made* me go to the doctor. Long story short, I have a large mass on one lung, pneumonia in the other, and several spots on my liver. MY LIVER! Geez, you treat your liver like your best friend and this is how it repays me? I gave it NOTHING BUT THE BEST!!!

Spent most of the day at United Hospital today, had a few liver biopsies and they drained over two cups of fluid from the lung with the mass, left the other lung alone (I don't know why). Tomorrow I have an EKG because I have fluid around the heart (yes, I have a heart). Wednesday is The Big Day where we find out diagnosis/prognosis. My mom, Nick, and Mindy will be with me to hear that news.

This atheist happily accepts prayers from her many Believer Friends (capitalizing it makes you like a super hero group -- wondertwin powers, activate!), warm thoughts, best wishes, and crossed fingers.

I'm not the best right now at responding to messages because it's pretty emotional and overwhelming, so I respond in piecemeal. But those who know me know I"m not someone to keep things to herself. I'll post the results on Wednesday, but just a warning... it could be phenomenally shitty news. Or could be a huge "whew." One never knows. Such is life. What makes the whole stupid ride worthwhile is... people like all of you. Oh, and cats. Don't forget the cats. My cats are very much enjoying having their sick mom at home all day every day. Big jerks.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92435 Oct 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
This is awesome.
Bride doesn't want guests attending her wedding 'for free,' so don't forget your checkbook
http://living.msn.com/love-relationships/the-...
I love it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Teaman 1,141,576
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min DrT 48,378
This guy is GOD to Piano Legs & the Malignant M... 13 min Bilbo Alinsky 13
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 17 min StillfuckingWorth... 12
comparison 56 min FROM WWII 2 NOW 4
Obama Plays Boss of America...............excel... 59 min The Author 2
Amy 11-22 2 hr Mister Tonka 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr jacques Ottawa 180,613
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:50 pm PST

NBC Sports12:50PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move