dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

#92370 Oct 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
can I assume that hospitals now have wifi, so I can bring my ipad with me to these procedures? I don't want to have to get a smart phone for the coming weeks/months just to be able to surf the 'net.
our small one has it in these small waiting spaces on each floor, but not in the rooms. if that's the case at yours, hopefully you will be able to schlep to one. I get the feeling that you're one tough cookie and everything will be resolved in a positive manner.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#92371 Oct 5, 2013
So the pool party went off mostly without a glitch. I say mostly because there was some pretty serious thunderstorms going on and the power went out only in the room we were eating in. We rolled with it and it made the cake look even better. All kids (and a few adults) had fun in the pool, the only injury was minor and Lulu got what she really wanted (and then some!) so I'll call it a win.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92372 Oct 5, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
our small one has it in these small waiting spaces on each floor, but not in the rooms. if that's the case at yours, hopefully you will be able to schlep to one. I get the feeling that you're one tough cookie and everything will be resolved in a positive manner.
Aw, thanks. I'm convinced it'll be bad news and I have six months to live.

seriously. that is exactly what I am expecting to hear.

I have no idea what it is like to read those words when someone else has typed them, but I'm just putting that out there.

I'm going to start purging big time. BIG TIME! Clean house! get rid of this stuff! clean start!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92373 Oct 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But good news: I ate an entire frozen pizza tonight! My appetite has been awful the past few weeks, and I often have to force myself to eat a little something. Granted, the pizza was one of those rather small organic Amy's brand pizzas (it was freakin' delicious), but I ate it all. nick was really happy.
Kinda funny. Eating a whole one was not something that made me proud but now it does!
Is anyone else interested in that Tom Hanks Somali pirate movie? I'm trying to find people to go tomorrow to see the matinee.
Not in Chicago yet I don't think.

As long as you are off, here is some info you might not know.

Movie prices cahnge based on the time of day and day of week.

I saw Don Jon for $5.00 on Wednesday afternoon.(I counted 14 people in the theater btw)

It would be $7.00 on Friday and Saturday early afternoon

It was $10.75 Saturday night

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92374 Oct 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
can I assume that hospitals now have wifi, so I can bring my ipad with me to these procedures? I don't want to have to get a smart phone for the coming weeks/months just to be able to surf the 'net.
When I have been with my dad over teh last year ( since I got a smartphone) all of them had wifi, but they were larger hospitals

How often will you have to go?

If you are in a unit where there is a lot of electronics or radiology you might have reception issues. I'd call the nurse on the floor and ask.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#92375 Oct 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
But good news: I ate an entire frozen pizza tonight! My appetite has been awful the past few weeks, and I often have to force myself to eat a little something. Granted, the pizza was one of those rather small organic Amy's brand pizzas (it was freakin' delicious), but I ate it all. nick was really happy.
Kinda funny. Eating a whole one was not something that made me proud but now it does!
Is anyone else interested in that Tom Hanks Somali pirate movie? I'm trying to find people to go tomorrow to see the matinee.
not that this compares in severity, but when i found out i had an axxiety problem, i started sleeping better (i woudl stay awake late and/or wake between 2 &4), even before i started doing anything about it. i wonder if that's what's happending to you.

eihter way, good on you for getting your appetite back. i'd say roll wiht it; eat what you have a taste for, because there will be days wehn it will be a challenge to get anything to apppeal.

Location hidden

#92376 Oct 5, 2013
They have me taking an inhaler up to four times a day, but stressed that I should do one before bed, along with the Xanax, to help me sleep better.

Don't know anything about oftenness, just sort of thinking ahead. I think tomorrow is going to suck! Long day!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92377 Oct 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Tom Hanks looks an awful lot, like that ship captain, he is portraying....anxious to see how he does with that accent...lol...We discovered Homerun Pizzas, from Chicago...the best frozen pizza we've ever had,though my wife always cuts up onion, green peppers and other toppings to add.....Have you ever tried them?

Location hidden

#92378 Oct 6, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
they're both cute but I do like duck on the plate better. my brother here hunts and I had antelope last night. it was very good. I know, off the subject but you made me think of roast duck.
Did you get a chance to see any of the, Hot Air Balloon Festival there, this weekend? It look's breathtaking when they show it on the news.....

Evanston IL

#92379 Oct 6, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Tom Hanks looks an awful lot, like that ship captain, he is portraying....anxious to see how he does with that accent...lol...We discovered Homerun Pizzas, from Chicago...the best frozen pizza we've ever had,though my wife always cuts up onion, green peppers and other toppings to add.....Have you ever tried them?
Lulu would eat an individual cheese Home Run Inn frozen pizza for dinner every night if I let her. They are really good so I can't really blame her.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92380 Oct 6, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Lulu would eat an individual cheese Home Run Inn frozen pizza for dinner every night if I let her. They are really good so I can't really blame her.
If we ever have a Chicago area Regs Reunion IRL we could go to a real Home Run Inn. t least one of them has a pizza buffet where you can graze
dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

#92381 Oct 6, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Did you get a chance to see any of the, Hot Air Balloon Festival there, this weekend? It look's breathtaking when they show it on the news.....
I've seen about 6 or 7 in the air at a time from where I'm staying. today might be more. didn't go to the launching grounds. they're quite a sight. I went up in one when I lived in az.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92382 Oct 6, 2013

Evanston IL

#92383 Oct 6, 2013
Lulu just asked me to make her a home run inn pizza. It's 9:30 am and I'm gonna do it.

Location hidden

#92384 Oct 6, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
They are outstanding....at first i thought maybe they were the Ron Santo pizza, cause of Homerun and all...lol...We like Paul Newman and Red Baron also....sometimes....

Location hidden

#92385 Oct 6, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen about 6 or 7 in the air at a time from where I'm staying. today might be more. didn't go to the launching grounds. they're quite a sight. I went up in one when I lived in az.
Was into photography, when i was younger...and they are like a wide angle "dream come true"....lol....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92386 Oct 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm convinced it'll be bad news and I have six months to live.
I'm not that lucky. You're gonna be fine.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92387 Oct 6, 2013
Toj wrote:
So why can't a black women be in the tea party?
Because the Tea Party only allows rich, white, old men. Just ask Marco Rubio.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92388 Oct 6, 2013
PEllen wrote:
If we ever have a Chicago area Regs Reunion IRL
We had one, don't you remember?
PEllen wrote:
we could go to a real Home Run Inn.
Let's do it!

Location hidden

#92389 Oct 6, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not that lucky. You're gonna be fine.
HA!! This made me laugh out loud!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,733
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Obama Bad 1,110,105
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min TRD 68,498
WE are doomed if this continues. 27 min FascistNaziStarDe... 7
Abby 9-20 31 min PEllen 10
Nature of war: Chimps inherently violent; Study... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Stpitalredi 49,874
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,078
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••