Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92397 Oct 6, 2013
After my chest xrays, I texted my friend: "I can tell from my xray that one boob is bigger and hangs a little lower than the other," and she responded with "Is Jimmy Hoffa hidden under there?"

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92398 Oct 6, 2013
Well, it's official. Bears suck. Oh, I'll still watch them all season. My punishment for living in the Chicago area. As if the cold, snow and ice wasn't enough.

Damn non-existent offensive line.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92399 Oct 6, 2013
Toj wrote:
Well, it's official. Bears suck. Oh, I'll still watch them all season. My punishment for living in the Chicago area. As if the cold, snow and ice wasn't enough.
Damn non-existent offensive line.
Hey...How good are the Colts, eh? I'm loving watching Peyton Manning carve up America's team, and in Dallas...even better.....lol...

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92400 Oct 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Don't worry folks, I'm not going to turn this page/site into Angela Cancer Central. I started a caring bridge page last night to get ready (so FB doesn't get icky).
URL please.

Location hidden

#92401 Oct 6, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
URL please.
I haven't finalized it yet-- just set it up to keep myself occupied, and it was a concrete way to not crap all over FB.

But I will post it here!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92402 Oct 6, 2013
True story.

My ex-husbands 2nd wife ( previously a good friend of mine as well) was a long time smoker. She had a bout of pneumonia which was not responding well to drugs so they took a chest x-ray and found some shit on her lung. That turned out to be a lucky break because the doctors caugt it early enough to effectively treat her. I heard the story perhaps 3 years ago and it was not real new at the time. As far as I know she is still around. Her LinkedIn account is still current and showing her working.

How is your Mom taking this?

Nick's boys?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#92403 Oct 6, 2013
Just caught up....sorry, Angela.
Hope it's all stupid and easily fixed!

I had a suspicious liver lesion that was an anomaly--they happen. If not, hope they caught it early and you beat this mother!

Location hidden

#92404 Oct 6, 2013
Good point, chel!

PE: I think my mom is a wreck because having nursed my dad through his cancer and now her boyfriend, she knows what her kid is in for if it's cancer. She texted me that she was thinking of me every minute.

I feel like shit tonight and I made her brownies with walnuts I toasted. Is that insane or waht? I've swept up cat hair, picked up, etc., so she doesn't see how bad I've let the place go in the last two weeks when i've been sick.
Mimi

Tacoma, WA

#92405 Oct 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good point, chel!
PE: I think my mom is a wreck because having nursed my dad through his cancer and now her boyfriend, she knows what her kid is in for if it's cancer. She texted me that she was thinking of me every minute.
I feel like shit tonight and I made her brownies with walnuts I toasted. Is that insane or waht? I've swept up cat hair, picked up, etc., so she doesn't see how bad I've let the place go in the last two weeks when i've been sick.
Stop cleaning and rest. Let her help you, she's your mom. It will probably help her deal helping do mundane stuff.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92406 Oct 6, 2013
Mimi wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop cleaning and rest. Let her help you, she's your mom. It will probably help her deal helping do mundane stuff.
Agree.

We have a family story about how my mom came over to my apartment to nurse me through some bad flu not long after I separated from my ex. My entire kitchen was cleaned, cabinets relined and the old copper tea kettle was shined for the very first time.

Doing mundane stuff allows you the solace of habit, something you can DO without thinking.

It is now 11:51. Have one more piece of chocolate and go to bed

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#92407 Oct 7, 2013

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92408 Oct 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>She's beautiful, there is a spaniel breed, a bit large and she looks somewhat like that, and your right...Burnese Mountain dog...we thought of that puppy, years ago...but the people wanted $900 a puppy, and...well...we got our chocolate lab....plus S.Fla is kinda warm for that much fur....Had friends with a Great Pyranees and she alway's looked uncomfortable....
Great Pyrenees is my FAVORITE breed in the world! I grew up with them! They are actaully pretty adaptable. Their fur is like a Thermos, keeps them cool when it's hot and hot when it's cool. But if I get one (probably my next dog), I will probably have him shaved in the summer. The one in the picture gets shaved inteh summer because she gets sweaty and itchy if we don't. THe vet advised it.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92409 Oct 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't finalized it yet-- just set it up to keep myself occupied, and it was a concrete way to not crap all over FB.
But I will post it here!
Facebook I get, but please feel free to crap all over the place here.
:)

Location hidden

#92410 Oct 7, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Pyrenees is my FAVORITE breed in the world! I grew up with them! They are actaully pretty adaptable. Their fur is like a Thermos, keeps them cool when it's hot and hot when it's cool. But if I get one (probably my next dog), I will probably have him shaved in the summer. The one in the picture gets shaved inteh summer because she gets sweaty and itchy if we don't. THe vet advised it.
We had friends, years ago that had a Saint Bernard...i thought it was cool as hell, till he told me the rest of the story...lol...the drool get's flung all over everything, when they shake their head...and sadly, he said they only live like, 8-9 years max....i have a rough enough time when they live 12-14 years, that is one reason we always have 2-3 at a time....

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92411 Oct 7, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Facebook I get, but please feel free to crap all over the place here.
:)
Absolutely!

And, FWIW Angela -- know someone who received a diagnosis and the doctors were so off, so wrong! This after getting 2 opinions of the same thing but the treatment wasn't helping her. So she went to a better place and THEY found out what was really wrong and she's finally on the mend.

It's not unusual for them to not guess correctly, especially before they have all the tests in.

I'm going to think positive about this whole thing.

Plus, Red is strong.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92412 Oct 7, 2013
I have a nephew who, I just found out, is moving to Hawaii.

Hmmm, might be nice having a relative in Hawaii to visit!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92413 Oct 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>We had friends, years ago that had a Saint Bernard...i thought it was cool as hell, till he told me the rest of the story...lol...the drool get's flung all over everything, when they shake their head...and sadly, he said they only live like, 8-9 years max....i have a rough enough time when they live 12-14 years, that is one reason we always have 2-3 at a time....
Yeah, I was the droll cleaner-upper as a kid. Ugh! They don't live long. We had one die at 8 and the other, I believe was 6. They're such a perfect combo of sweet and protective, though, and so beautiful, I can't stand it! I have another dog (a Heinz 57 mix), because I like having 2 at once. Plus, they keep each other company. My ex has a Golden (that he got in the split only because he has a large yard and, at the time, I didn't) and he got a sweet choc lab last year. Mt daughter is awash in dogs!!!

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92414 Oct 7, 2013
Toj wrote:
I have a nephew who, I just found out, is moving to Hawaii.
Hmmm, might be nice having a relative in Hawaii to visit!
Sweet!

Location hidden

#92415 Oct 7, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I was the droll cleaner-upper as a kid. Ugh! They don't live long. We had one die at 8 and the other, I believe was 6. They're such a perfect combo of sweet and protective, though, and so beautiful, I can't stand it! I have another dog (a Heinz 57 mix), because I like having 2 at once. Plus, they keep each other company. My ex has a Golden (that he got in the split only because he has a large yard and, at the time, I didn't) and he got a sweet choc lab last year. Mt daughter is awash in dogs!!!
..6?....I'd still be grieving over that young....i guess we've been blessed that 12 is the youngest, over the years....I'd love to have a Golden, since my wife is in charge of fur management and collection....lol....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#92416 Oct 7, 2013
Everyone feel free to mock me and my Giants. I have rubbed your noses in it, payback is quite the beiotch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Edmond Pulpo 181,937
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Nuculur option 1,154,552
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,897
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,138
French researchers find new strain of HIV virus... (Aug '09) 1 hr dango64 6
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 1 hr barefoot2626 25
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014 51,266
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:21 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:21PM