Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92385 Oct 6, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen about 6 or 7 in the air at a time from where I'm staying. today might be more. didn't go to the launching grounds. they're quite a sight. I went up in one when I lived in az.
Was into photography, when i was younger...and they are like a wide angle "dream come true"....lol....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#92386 Oct 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm convinced it'll be bad news and I have six months to live.
I'm not that lucky. You're gonna be fine.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92387 Oct 6, 2013
Toj wrote:
So why can't a black women be in the tea party?
Because the Tea Party only allows rich, white, old men. Just ask Marco Rubio.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92388 Oct 6, 2013
PEllen wrote:
If we ever have a Chicago area Regs Reunion IRL
We had one, don't you remember?
PEllen wrote:
we could go to a real Home Run Inn.
Let's do it!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92389 Oct 6, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not that lucky. You're gonna be fine.
HA!! This made me laugh out loud!!!

Location hidden

#92390 Oct 6, 2013
My wonderful friend D who was supposed to bring me lunch yesterday (plans changed) came by early this morning and took me out for breakfast at Perkins! How nice was that? I couldn't eat much, but it was delicious. Then I came home (9-ish) and immediately went back to bed, as friend was texting me at freakin' 6 a.m. about breakfast.(His girlfriend has to work at 4 or 5 a.m.)

Biscuits and gravy. Yum.

Location hidden

#92391 Oct 6, 2013
I had to copy and paste edog's response in an to a few people (including Nick), it gave me a good belly laugh!:)

Location hidden

#92392 Oct 6, 2013
Don't worry folks, I'm not going to turn this page/site into Angela Cancer Central. I started a caring bridge page last night to get ready (so FB doesn't get icky).

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92393 Oct 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Don't worry folks, I'm not going to turn this page/site into Angela Cancer Central. I started a caring bridge page last night to get ready (so FB doesn't get icky).
Do you know that its cancer?

Location hidden

#92394 Oct 6, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that its cancer?
Not definitively. But the paperwork says "Probable carcinoma." I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

Location hidden

#92395 Oct 6, 2013
I won't expect to know anything until Wednesday, and I expect I'll feel too lousy to be online tomorrow night after having my lungs drained and going under general anesthesia, so I'd be surprised if you heard from me tomorrow night.

One friend on FB the other night posted about not having a salad spinner and some other items and made some joke about it. Well, I already have a will started (long ago) and today, I added "Salad Spinner: Taya" to the list! That cracks me up!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92396 Oct 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I won't expect to know anything until Wednesday, and I expect I'll feel too lousy to be online tomorrow night after having my lungs drained and going under general anesthesia, so I'd be surprised if you heard from me tomorrow night.
One friend on FB the other night posted about not having a salad spinner and some other items and made some joke about it. Well, I already have a will started (long ago) and today, I added "Salad Spinner: Taya" to the list! That cracks me up!
They're wrong, Angela. You'll see. It's some dumb tech's thumbprint.

Pneumonia -- okay. I can see that.

Location hidden

#92397 Oct 6, 2013
After my chest xrays, I texted my friend: "I can tell from my xray that one boob is bigger and hangs a little lower than the other," and she responded with "Is Jimmy Hoffa hidden under there?"

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92398 Oct 6, 2013
Well, it's official. Bears suck. Oh, I'll still watch them all season. My punishment for living in the Chicago area. As if the cold, snow and ice wasn't enough.

Damn non-existent offensive line.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92399 Oct 6, 2013
Toj wrote:
Well, it's official. Bears suck. Oh, I'll still watch them all season. My punishment for living in the Chicago area. As if the cold, snow and ice wasn't enough.
Damn non-existent offensive line.
Hey...How good are the Colts, eh? I'm loving watching Peyton Manning carve up America's team, and in Dallas...even better.....lol...

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#92400 Oct 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
URL please.

Location hidden

#92401 Oct 6, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
URL please.
I haven't finalized it yet-- just set it up to keep myself occupied, and it was a concrete way to not crap all over FB.

But I will post it here!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92402 Oct 6, 2013
True story.

My ex-husbands 2nd wife ( previously a good friend of mine as well) was a long time smoker. She had a bout of pneumonia which was not responding well to drugs so they took a chest x-ray and found some shit on her lung. That turned out to be a lucky break because the doctors caugt it early enough to effectively treat her. I heard the story perhaps 3 years ago and it was not real new at the time. As far as I know she is still around. Her LinkedIn account is still current and showing her working.

How is your Mom taking this?

Nick's boys?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#92403 Oct 6, 2013
Just caught up....sorry, Angela.
Hope it's all stupid and easily fixed!

I had a suspicious liver lesion that was an anomaly--they happen. If not, hope they caught it early and you beat this mother!

Location hidden

#92404 Oct 6, 2013
Good point, chel!

PE: I think my mom is a wreck because having nursed my dad through his cancer and now her boyfriend, she knows what her kid is in for if it's cancer. She texted me that she was thinking of me every minute.

I feel like shit tonight and I made her brownies with walnuts I toasted. Is that insane or waht? I've swept up cat hair, picked up, etc., so she doesn't see how bad I've let the place go in the last two weeks when i've been sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min sonicfilter 1,236,496
abby 6-2 16 min Kuuipo 17
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min red and right 189,895
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 53,602
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 2 hr Magic Utah Uwear 55
amy 6-2 2 hr tiredofit 20
Crime161 murders in 151 days in Chicago - 46 in... 7 hr Jeff Davis 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]