Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Yesterday was the 100 year anniversary of Pres Wilson signing the statute enacting the Federal Income Tax. We still have the sovereign citizen movement.

Check back in 100 years. Someone will still be grouching about Obamacare.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Or, pointing out it's 100 year anniversary....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
The Voting Rights Act?
Is stupid contagious? For the third time this week, the voting rights act was enacted by REPUBLICANS! You people love to hate republicans but can't accept the fact you have no valid reasons why.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you can't provide one example.
Why should I even bother. EVERYTHING you say proves it. But, if it makes you feel better, you can win because I don't have time to do this all day. Some of us actually work.
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

You just gave ANOTHER exxmple of you being wrong. The Voting Rights Act was signed by President Johnson ( a Democrat) in 1965.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Is stupid contagious? For the third time this week, the voting rights act was enacted by REPUBLICANS! You people love to hate republicans but can't accept the fact you have no valid reasons why.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

So this week I've had a sick dog, a friend's house got robbed, and I read Ang's news yesterday.

On the upside, I ended up having a spontaneous Skype catch-up with my friend K in Japan last night, and was able to make a decision at work that should free me up a little more to post here.
;)
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

If stupid is contagious, you are patient zero.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was proposed by the Lyndon B Johnson administration. Not Eisenhower , not Nixon, not Ford.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Timmy wrote:
You just gave ANOTHER exxmple of you being wrong. The Voting Rights Act was signed by President Johnson ( a Democrat) in 1965.
<quoted text>
Women's suffrage and civil rights were enacted by REPUBLICANS!
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Too bad he is incapable of listening to people that were actually alive at the time it was passed. The Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act were signature pieces of legislation of the Johnson Administration. Can edog really be unaware Johnson was a Democrat?
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It was proposed by the Lyndon B Johnson administration. Not Eisenhower , not Nixon, not Ford.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The Equal Rights Amendment was actively opposed by conservatives.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Rights_Ame...

After years of opposition, Wilson changed his position in 1918 to advocate women's suffrage as a war(WWI) measure

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

And Edog -- what happened with the party in 1920 has little to do with anything today. Neither party is like they were back then.

You do, however, highlight a major problem with this country.

When something is truly important and could use the bipartisan support for the good of the people, there seems to be people on both sides making use of it for their own political purposes.

Sad. Grown men and women acting like toddlers.

That's how I would compare your actions, edog, along with some of the Republicans right now in the last couple of days. A toddler having a tantrum even though the decision has been previously made.
Mimi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you did a little research into how things really went down instead of believing what the RWNJs want everyone to believe...the actual history..

Oh wait, never mind.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Go google ranking of health care systems by country. We spend the most but we are down on the list.
Obamacare drastically increase the total amount spent. The CBO estimates it will cost the federal government will pay out 1.7 Trillion from 2014-2023, to cover 27 million people. That works out to a cost of $6,300 for each of those 27 million people, per year!!!

Instead of lowering cost and improving care, they made cost go through the roof to improve care, and guess who gets stuck paying that $6,300 our children and grandchildren (in the form of debt we will take on) and those of us who are already insured and who pay taxes. Not only did taxes go up for us, but our medical care is going up, just so 27 million bottom feeders can get more free shyte that they don't pay for and couldn't care less how it affects others to provide them. They want healthcare and they want others to pay for it. They can go f' off.
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Do you have a brain tumor? Were you dropped on your head as a child? Please explain you complete inability to accept the fact that the Voting Rights Act and the Civil Rights Act were enacted by the Democratic Johnson administration.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
Pellen,
I'm so mad I could spit nails.
They've got until sundown tomorrow to iron out their differences. That is when my patience will end. Sundown tomorrow.....
I'd be happy to take them all for a ride.
Seriously though, the United States needs some massive public works projects to help get back up on its feet again.
The US is lagging desperately behind in development of high speed rail.
I sometimes watch through binoculars the airlines that approach O'Hare Field, you know, from my yard.
A lot of those are American Eagles, which are short hops from smaller nearby cities.
I'm just sayin', this can't go on forever and there needs to be viable alternatives to air travel.
The sooner, the better.
There is no money for massive public works. Entitlements eat up more and more federal revenue every year. Entitlement spending was 20% of our budget in 1970, by 2010 it was 47%. We spend 27% more giving folks handouts than we did in 1970 ... all that money has to come from somewhere. This is what democrats do. No investments in society, just pay for folks to exist.

It's going to get even worse. The CBO acknowledges it, even. As part of the debt ceiling negotiation, republicans are asking for reforms to entitlement programs. Obama and the dems say they won't even negotiate.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Sad? I'll tell you whats sad.

Sad is a bunch of people on the internet sniping at each other and acting like total losers arguing over something they cannot and will not put forth the energy to change.

Since: Aug 09

Greendale, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Red,

I saw your posts on Heloise and MM - I was excited that you were back - so i came here to find out how you are.

I'm shellshocked right now. I'm so pulling for you in the fight ahead. If anyone has the spunk and determination to pull it off, I know you do.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2013

Judged:

Correction, not 27% more, giving folks more handouts, 27% more of our budget.

That number is going to go up by probably 3 or 4 percent due to Obamacare. We are probably spending more than half on entitlments. Obama's proposed budget for 2014 allocates 53% of all spending for entitlement programs.

It will eventually consume the whole budget. Moron f'ing democrats don't even think there is a problem ... they think we can just tax our way out of this problem and think more entitlements like Obamacare are just what we need.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,881 - 90,900 of97,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 46 min FACT 67,856
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 58 min andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 174,457
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 5 hr Guess what 6
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs