Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92245 Oct 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't fail and it won't bankrupt anybody. It's a wonderful thing. So many people rushed to apply for affordable health insurance, computer systems and phone lines crashed.
That's a good sign.
Yes, and we should have expected that, especially in the first weeks and around the transition dates....The biggest opposition must be the insurance companies, in kahoots with the Koch brothers, who own the teaparty House republicans.....Sound's like some lady freaked out in DC and got killed for it....

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92246 Oct 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't fail and it won't bankrupt anybody. It's a wonderful thing. So many people rushed to apply for affordable health insurance, computer systems and phone lines crashed.
That's a good sign.
Red, I just now read your medical post. I'm pulling for you and hope that all will be well.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92247 Oct 3, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>analogy
Processor is how smart you are. How fast you can think
Ram is how big the surface area on your desk is. The bigger, the more files you can open at once to work on.
Hard drive is your file cabinet. Bigger cabinet, more stuff you can store.
External hard drive is that file cabinet in the hall closet
thank you for this. I kind of knew but you really made it all understandable.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#92248 Oct 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Sound's like some lady freaked out in DC and got killed for it....
Figured it wouldn't be long before some liberal blamed the implementation of Obamacare on this incident. Thanks for filling the part!

And no one was killed.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92249 Oct 3, 2013
Toj wrote:
Go google ranking of health care systems by country. We spend the most but we are down on the list.
America has the best healthcare system in the WORLD! Why do you think Mexicans flock here? Why do you think Canadians flock here? Why do you think most doctors here are foreigners? All Obamacare is gonna do is DECREASE healthcare for Americans.

Time will tell. The negative effects will take a while to show. We'll see who's right, but I wouldn't break out the champagne just yet.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92250 Oct 3, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good idea. I just put all the stuff I would never want to lose on my external, already ... for example, all the pics my wife has taken over the years are on that.
When you say "put", do you mean "move" or "copy"? Unless you have multiple copies, you're just as vulnerable to losing yhem as if they were only on the internal drive. Hardware fails. I've had both internal and external drives go belly up ( not at the same time thankfully)
Timmy

United States

#92251 Oct 3, 2013
Exactly how will the ACA put private insurers out of business? Don't you know that it is private insurers that are selling the plans under the ACA? Below is some text from an article that explains how you sign up. Read and learn (if only you could).

"The websites are designed to work like popular do-your-own-taxes software. They ask questions about income and family size and, based on the answers, lead a person through more questions until finally offering specific insurance options and prices.

Purchasers will select individual or family coverage sold by a private insurer. The exchange will calculate each person's premium based on the insurer's rate, offset by whatever federal subsidies the buyer is eligible to receive. The subsidy payments will be made directly to the insurer, and the consumer will be billed for the difference."
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not. If an employer offers it, great. But they don't HAVE to. People can get their own insurance, there are many plans available. All Obamacare is gonna do is put them out of business.
Dahgts

Albuquerque, NM

#92252 Oct 3, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>When you say "put", do you mean "move" or "copy"? Unless you have multiple copies, you're just as vulnerable to losing yhem as if they were only on the internal drive. Hardware fails. I've had both internal and external drives go belly up ( not at the same time thankfully)
Isn't it a good idea to also put pics on a micro card or flash drive? I feel more secure with that.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#92253 Oct 3, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it a good idea to also put pics on a micro card or flash drive? I feel more secure with that.
I have over 85gb of music, 45gb of music, 45gb of home video. Flash drives are not gonna be much use to me.

The main thing is to have multiple copies so that if something happens to one, you have a backup. Flash drive, external drive, online, wherever. You use whatever fits your need.

I take extra precautions.
If my computer hard drive dies, I go to my external drive backup. But if my house burns down, its all gone, so I have several online storage accounts(drop box, sky drive, google drive) and have all the important stuff backed up in the cloud too.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#92254 Oct 3, 2013
that should have been 85 gb of music, 45gb of *PHOTOS*, 45gb of home video.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92255 Oct 3, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Red, I just now read your medical post. I'm pulling for you and hope that all will be well.
One great feature of growing up in the Midwest, was the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota....that place really helped my grandmother, back when i was like 11....she had cobalt treatments there and lived another 36 years....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#92256 Oct 3, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
2 gigs is a joke. Some of these companies prey on folks ... they throw in a fast processor so people think they are getting a beast of a machine, but then completely ruin it by throwing in only 2 GB of RAM. RAM is so cheap ... there is really no need to go that low and if folks knew the consequences they'd spring for the extra RAM.
Yeah 2 gigs IS a joke. I insist on 8. Apparently she's taking it back tomorrow and getting something better.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92257 Oct 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling it Obamacare. Obama is proud of it and WANTS his name attached to it. And when it fails, or bankrupts the country, whichever comes first, and it WILL, Obama will have his name attached to it forever.
Yup still a clueless freaking idiot.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92258 Oct 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
America has the best healthcare system in the WORLD! Why do you think Mexicans flock here? Why do you think Canadians flock here? Why do you think most doctors here are foreigners? All Obamacare is gonna do is DECREASE healthcare for Americans.
Time will tell. The negative effects will take a while to show. We'll see who's right, but I wouldn't break out the champagne just yet.
You're stupid.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92260 Oct 3, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
You're stupid.
Prove it, you worthless btch

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92261 Oct 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling it Obamacare. Obama is proud of it and WANTS his name attached to it. And when it fails, or bankrupts the country, whichever comes first, and it WILL, Obama will have his name attached to it forever.
Toni Preckwinkle is the President of the Cook County Board, as staunch a Democrat as you will find. She is a no nonsense tough cookie who had been a school principal. I had the opportunity to hear her speak and respond to a business oriented audience. She turned the word Obamacare from a pejorative to praise.

Are you still grouching about the income tax? The New Deal? The Voting Rights Act?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#92263 Oct 3, 2013
Pellen,
I'm so mad I could spit nails.
They've got until sundown tomorrow to iron out their differences. That is when my patience will end. Sundown tomorrow.....
I'd be happy to take them all for a ride.

Seriously though, the United States needs some massive public works projects to help get back up on its feet again.
The US is lagging desperately behind in development of high speed rail.
I sometimes watch through binoculars the airlines that approach O'Hare Field, you know, from my yard.
A lot of those are American Eagles, which are short hops from smaller nearby cities.
I'm just sayin', this can't go on forever and there needs to be viable alternatives to air travel.
The sooner, the better.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92264 Oct 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, still a c u nt
At least I'm not a deliberately ignorant asholepig.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92265 Oct 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it, you worthless btch
I don't need to prove it. You do all the work of proving it for me every time you say anything.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#92266 Oct 3, 2013
You know, I'm no financial manipulator, but October is a notoriously bad month for the stock market, which is all on paper, artificially inflated and can easily all come tumbling down.
I didn't put America in the mess it is in.
I was too busy working every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 179,679
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 70,157
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min KiMare 50,776
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr King Clutch 1,129,383
With apologies to "THE BEACH BOYS"! 3 hr Glen Fry 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr IBdaMann 47,596
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 7 hr stupid amerikan 139

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 3:39AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]