Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

CONSUMERS BOOST SPENDING IN AUGUST...(AP) 9-28-13....U.S. consumers increased their spending slightly last monthas their income grew at the fastest pace in six months. The figures point to only modest economic growth in the July to September quarter....Consumer's spending on goods and services rose 0.3 percent in August, the Commerce Department said Friday. That's up from 0.2 percent gain in July, which was slightly more than the 0.1 percent reported last month....Income rose 0.4 percent in August, the best gain since February and up from a 0.2 percent July Increase......ECONOMIC DATA LIKE THIS, HAS BEEN READILY AVAILABLE......For anyone that dispute's how incredibly, this administration has accomplished a near miracle and againest a totally hostile tea party group of House republicans, and especially considering the global ditch, where GW left it.....

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that feminists say women should work only? Who is making crap up again? Clearly it is you.
Taken from YOUR post:

"Now feminists would say, we need to do more to help women raise children and work, but that's not what my wife wanted. She didn't want to work. She's just wanted to be a SAHM. That alone was enough on her plate."

Pray tell what were you trying to say in the above other than what I took from it. I'd appreciate a clarification if I may.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/02/showbiz/michael...

Michael Jackson death trial. AEG not guilty.

I really want to know whether the jury found anything about Jackson contributing to his own death.

It is too bad he is dead, but he was a (very talented) druggie from the quintessentially dysfunctional family.

This lawsuit never should have been brought.On of the more dramatic examples of trying to blame someone else for their own ( her MJ's) actions

It pushed his daughter to the brink of suicide. Didn't his mother have any idea of the kind of person he was and what he did? Apparently not.

Too bad he is dead.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Timmy wrote:
Why don't you pull your head out of you butt and take a look around. Maybe then you won't be wrong all of the time.
<quoted text>
I'm wrong all of the time, yet you can't prove once.

K

“Derecho”

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone, with minimal braincells, know's that the current crop of republicans aren't as women/minority friendly as the democrats.....
If everyone knows...... Then it should be easy to prove..... So.... prove it!

“Derecho”

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
CONSUMERS BOOST SPENDING IN AUGUST...(AP) 9-28-13....U.S. consumers increased their spending slightly last monthas their income grew at the fastest pace in six months. The figures point to only modest economic growth in the July to September quarter....Consumer's spending on goods and services rose 0.3 percent in August, the Commerce Department said Friday. That's up from 0.2 percent gain in July, which was slightly more than the 0.1 percent reported last month....Income rose 0.4 percent in August, the best gain since February and up from a 0.2 percent July Increase......ECONOMIC DATA LIKE THIS, HAS BEEN READILY AVAILABLE......For anyone that dispute's how incredibly, this administration has accomplished a near miracle and againest a totally hostile tea party group of House republicans, and especially considering the global ditch, where GW left it.....
Ignoring the fact the AP is a LIBERAL site, would you listen to yourself??!

0.1%, 0.2%, 0.3%...

SOME RECOVERY!!!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

PEllen wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/02/ showbiz/michael-jackson-death- trial-verdict/index.html
Michael Jackson death trial. AEG not guilty.
I really want to know whether the jury found anything about Jackson contributing to his own death.
It is too bad he is dead, but he was a (very talented) druggie from the quintessentially dysfunctional family.
This lawsuit never should have been brought.On of the more dramatic examples of trying to blame someone else for their own ( her MJ's) actions
It pushed his daughter to the brink of suicide. Didn't his mother have any idea of the kind of person he was and what he did? Apparently not.
Too bad he is dead.
I agree with you on the blame game. The mother is in denial.

“Derecho”

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

I'm a liberal. I can't prove anything. But you should just accept what I say as fact. A 0.1% increase in something is great progress. Just trust me. I'm a liberal!

<seriously, this is how these people actually think. No wonder liberalism is dying>

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignoring the fact the AP is a LIBERAL site, would you listen to yourself??!
0.1%, 0.2%, 0.3%...
SOME RECOVERY!!!
Here's something on the recovery of the economy (Republican):

Assembly Republican Whip Scott Rumana, R-Passaic, Bergen, Essex and Morris, said today’s news reports that New Jersey’s economy is on the upswing as evidenced by the growing opportunities for jobs in the information technology field (IT) and the state’s high ranking for its improved business climate are further evidence of the economic recovery the state is experiencing.

Dice.com , an employment listing website, reported that companies looking to hire in the IT field had increased over five percent from a year ago, outpacing other states on the East Coast, while the Bureau of Labor Statistics indicated New Jersey had added 3,600 IT jobs by the end of July. In addition to the IT news, the state’s economic improvement was evidenced by a BusinessFacilities.com report which ranked New Jersey fifth for its “most improved business climate,” and its second place ranking in biotech employment and pharmaceutical employment.

“An important takeaway from these reports is that our economic growth is diversified,” stated Rumana, who is a member on the Red Tape Review Commission, whose objective is to help businesses navigate government bureaucracy.“Jobs are being created in our traditionally strong sectors as well as in IT, which is a worldwide market. Our ability to compete and attract this diversity of professions speaks to the fact that our state’s strategy for turning our economy around by being more business friendly is working.We are poised to continue the economic momentum we achieved through the first six months of the year and the private sector job growth we have seen since Governor Christie came to office three years ago.”

Hey, maybe you need to talk to Tonka on how to switch to an IT job.:D

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Now, I don't think we are in full recovery, but I do believe we are on the path of a full recovery. I can see it where I work which is in a financial field.

Of course there will be shifts -- certain jobs will be less while others will take an upswing. That is normal throughout history.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Taken from YOUR post:
"Now feminists would say, we need to do more to help women raise children and work, but that's not what my wife wanted. She didn't want to work. She's just wanted to be a SAHM. That alone was enough on her plate."
Pray tell what were you trying to say in the above other than what I took from it. I'd appreciate a clarification if I may.
Where in that post does it say it is MY understanding that feminists don't believe women should have the choice to work or not? How do you take that away from that? REally, it boggles the mind.

To recap, I was talking about the gender pay gap and how women who CHOOSE to stay at home to raise their children contribute to the pay gap by making this choice. I specifically said:

"Individual choices would be like a woman getting pregnant and staying out of the workforce to raise children while the children are young, like my wife has done. She's not going to be making the same as a man in her same field who didn't leave the workforce for 9 years like she did, nor would she think it unfair that she doesn't.

Now feminists would say, we need to do more to help women raise children and work, but that's not what my wife wanted. She didn't want to work. She's just wanted to be a SAHM. That alone was enough on her plate."

My point about feminists (and I've heard this exact seem reasoning used by a prominent feminist in an article I read on the subject ... in fact I'm pretty sure I provided the link to this article on this thread the last time this topic came up quite some time ago) was that we should do to help women who are raising children work to help lessen the pay gap, but as my wife's situation illustrates, it is still not going to erase the pay gap, because many women like my wife don't want to juggle work and raise very young children. It doesn't matter what society does to help women with this ... some women don't want to deal with a 40 hour work week and shipping their children off to daycare.

That was my only point and this fact and observation of mine has nothing to do with feminists supposedly believing that women should not have the choice to work or not, which is what you somehow took away from my post and which I never said or even suggested.

Sheesh. This is why I hate having in depth discussions with you. I have to walk you through everything.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

help, I'm trapped in the dallas airport and I feel the aura of the stupid , idiotic fool of the governor in the air.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Stina,
Processor speed is great, but ram is more important at these levels. If the ram is equal then get the better processer.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
I'm a liberal. I can't prove anything. But you should just accept what I say as fact. A 0.1% increase in something is great progress. Just trust me. I'm a liberal!
<seriously, this is how these people actually think. No wonder liberalism is dying>
Tell everyone else, how the Associated Press is a Liberal Site.....used by every newspaper in the world....that's my favorite....Well, almost as good as President Obama has'nt led our ECONOMIC RECOVERY.....You Dipsh*t....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Judged:

Hope you're sitting down.

I was sick when I got laid off and it got worse the next day and last week. That helped me stay offline, because I was in bed much of the time. I didn't want to get sucked into a vortex of chatting online when I should be sleeping or job hunting.

Long story short, Nick made me see the doctor today and... I am facing a probable diagnosis of liver and lung cancer. Surgery (needle biopsies) on Friday.

Large (nectarine-sized?) mass on my lung, small spot on my liver, pneumonia in my right lung. The doctor was blown away, given my health otherwise, my age, and my physical activity.

No booze allowed, but my dear friend said he'd set me up with medicinal marijuana.:)

I was raised on MASH and its gallows humor. I plan to rely on that in the coming months.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Wait. I posted something pretty significant here and now it's gone. WTH? Did anyone see it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

I'll try again.

Was sick late this summer, it hung on, I was sick when I got laid off. Sorry to abandon you folks, but I knew if I got into Topix and WaPo forums, it would keep me from job hunting like I should be doing. So I figured, stay focused, get a job, then get back to being chatty.

But I got even sicker when I got laid off, and pretty much just lounged arond and slept for the next week. But nick got worried and made me go to the doctor today.

Where I spent the next 6+ hours. There's a scary large mass on my left lung, pnemonia in my right lung, and a spot on my liver. I have appointments tomorrow and Friday. Friday I see an oncologist for biopsies of my liver and lungs.

The fun begins.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Wow, that sucks. Don't know what else to say other than good luck with your fight. I have a casual friend that just a few months ago announced on fb she had cancer, but after a couple surgeries, she's cancer free. I have no idea what kind she had, but I wish you the same success.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hope you're sitting down.
I was sick when I got laid off and it got worse the next day and last week. That helped me stay offline, because I was in bed much of the time. I didn't want to get sucked into a vortex of chatting online when I should be sleeping or job hunting.
Long story short, Nick made me see the doctor today and... I am facing a probable diagnosis of liver and lung cancer. Surgery (needle biopsies) on Friday.
Large (nectarine-sized?) mass on my lung, small spot on my liver, pneumonia in my right lung. The doctor was blown away, given my health otherwise, my age, and my physical activity.
No booze allowed, but my dear friend said he'd set me up with medicinal marijuana.:)
I was raised on MASH and its gallows humor. I plan to rely on that in the coming months.
You already know how I feel from email. Hopefully this will put things in perspective for people here and they might quit arguing over this stupidshit for a few days. Sucks that it takes something bad happening to someone we care about to accomplish this (if it does) though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Wow, that sucks. Don't know what else to say other than good luck with your fight. I have a casual friend that just a few months ago announced on fb she had cancer, but after a couple surgeries, she's cancer free. I have no idea what kind she had, but I wish you the same success.
Thanks. Like I told some other friends, I don't express sympathy well to others (and that means, I rarely say anything when they're getting inundated with "i'm so sorry!"), but I feel it. And I don't post things wanting sympathy, but I know it's gonna come my way. ;)

It's just really freaky! Nick is distraught and he and Mindy had to get all kinds of horrible news via text while they worked today. Spent tonight posting it here, at my WaPo forum, then had to email certain friends so they'd find out from me and not second-hand.

Plus, I do plan to say something on FB, and I need close friends and family to find out before I go public and voice inappropriate humor at my situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,761 - 90,780 of97,458
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Obama The Worst 1,073,072
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min SpaceBlues 45,584
Abby July 12 9 min Julie 5
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min voice of peace 67,552
Amy July 12 38 min Julie 7
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 40 min andet1987 409
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,767
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info