Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#92164 Oct 2, 2013
Wait. I posted something pretty significant here and now it's gone. WTH? Did anyone see it?

Location hidden

#92165 Oct 2, 2013
I'll try again.

Was sick late this summer, it hung on, I was sick when I got laid off. Sorry to abandon you folks, but I knew if I got into Topix and WaPo forums, it would keep me from job hunting like I should be doing. So I figured, stay focused, get a job, then get back to being chatty.

But I got even sicker when I got laid off, and pretty much just lounged arond and slept for the next week. But nick got worried and made me go to the doctor today.

Where I spent the next 6+ hours. There's a scary large mass on my left lung, pnemonia in my right lung, and a spot on my liver. I have appointments tomorrow and Friday. Friday I see an oncologist for biopsies of my liver and lungs.

The fun begins.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#92166 Oct 2, 2013
Wow, that sucks. Don't know what else to say other than good luck with your fight. I have a casual friend that just a few months ago announced on fb she had cancer, but after a couple surgeries, she's cancer free. I have no idea what kind she had, but I wish you the same success.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#92167 Oct 2, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hope you're sitting down.
I was sick when I got laid off and it got worse the next day and last week. That helped me stay offline, because I was in bed much of the time. I didn't want to get sucked into a vortex of chatting online when I should be sleeping or job hunting.
Long story short, Nick made me see the doctor today and... I am facing a probable diagnosis of liver and lung cancer. Surgery (needle biopsies) on Friday.
Large (nectarine-sized?) mass on my lung, small spot on my liver, pneumonia in my right lung. The doctor was blown away, given my health otherwise, my age, and my physical activity.
No booze allowed, but my dear friend said he'd set me up with medicinal marijuana.:)
I was raised on MASH and its gallows humor. I plan to rely on that in the coming months.
You already know how I feel from email. Hopefully this will put things in perspective for people here and they might quit arguing over this stupidshit for a few days. Sucks that it takes something bad happening to someone we care about to accomplish this (if it does) though.

Location hidden

#92168 Oct 2, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Wow, that sucks. Don't know what else to say other than good luck with your fight. I have a casual friend that just a few months ago announced on fb she had cancer, but after a couple surgeries, she's cancer free. I have no idea what kind she had, but I wish you the same success.
Thanks. Like I told some other friends, I don't express sympathy well to others (and that means, I rarely say anything when they're getting inundated with "i'm so sorry!"), but I feel it. And I don't post things wanting sympathy, but I know it's gonna come my way. ;)

It's just really freaky! Nick is distraught and he and Mindy had to get all kinds of horrible news via text while they worked today. Spent tonight posting it here, at my WaPo forum, then had to email certain friends so they'd find out from me and not second-hand.

Plus, I do plan to say something on FB, and I need close friends and family to find out before I go public and voice inappropriate humor at my situation.

Location hidden

#92169 Oct 2, 2013
And now, I need to go to amazon.com to add a bunch of colorful head scarves to my wish list!

(Please please please, I want Matilda to see that and chuckle. I don't know why.)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#92170 Oct 3, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92171 Oct 3, 2013
dahgts wrote:
help, I'm trapped in the dallas airport and I feel the aura of the stupid , idiotic fool of the governor in the air.
You're from Illinois. You should be used to stupid, idiotic governors.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#92172 Oct 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Hope you're sitting down.
I was sick when I got laid off and it got worse the next day and last week. That helped me stay offline, because I was in bed much of the time. I didn't want to get sucked into a vortex of chatting online when I should be sleeping or job hunting.
Long story short, Nick made me see the doctor today and... I am facing a probable diagnosis of liver and lung cancer. Surgery (needle biopsies) on Friday.
Large (nectarine-sized?) mass on my lung, small spot on my liver, pneumonia in my right lung. The doctor was blown away, given my health otherwise, my age, and my physical activity.
The bad news is you lost your health insurance when you lost your job. The good news is now you can get Obamacare! With deductibles ranging between $10,000 and $1500! How's that for free healthcare?!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#92173 Oct 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The bad news is you lost your health insurance when you lost your job. The good news is now you can get Obamacare! With deductibles ranging between $10,000 and $1500! How's that for free healthcare?!
Wow. Good job on being a total ass.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92174 Oct 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Wait. I posted something pretty significant here and now it's gone. WTH? Did anyone see it?
Hope it's not nearly as bad as the Doctor makes it sound...fingers crossed and prayers for you....

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92175 Oct 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fuckingdouche! And wrong. But, what else is new?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92176 Oct 3, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Good job on being a total ass.
I didn't think it was possible for him to get any lower. I stand corrected.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92177 Oct 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'll try again.
Was sick late this summer, it hung on, I was sick when I got laid off. Sorry to abandon you folks, but I knew if I got into Topix and WaPo forums, it would keep me from job hunting like I should be doing. So I figured, stay focused, get a job, then get back to being chatty.
But I got even sicker when I got laid off, and pretty much just lounged arond and slept for the next week. But nick got worried and made me go to the doctor today.
Where I spent the next 6+ hours. There's a scary large mass on my left lung, pnemonia in my right lung, and a spot on my liver. I have appointments tomorrow and Friday. Friday I see an oncologist for biopsies of my liver and lungs.
The fun begins.
Jesus Christ..
What a rotten hand to be dealt.
I am so sorry Ang.
Whatever the alternatives are, I hope that yours turns out to be the easiest.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92178 Oct 3, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't say I'm a guru, but I know a thing or two. Is there a number after the 1. on the first processor?
How many cores? What are the other specs, especially the RAM? What operating system are you running? What is the price difference?
You don't need a top of the line set up for your use, but if the first one is 1ghz and there is nothing after the 1., that is kind of the absolute bare bones minimum. Without knowing more, I'd spring for the faster one, but some additional info would be helpful.
Thanks for answering Sub! That was my error... the first laptop is 1.9 ghz (not 1.0). They are both dual core, Windows 7 (I am trying to get a Windows 7 before I get stuck with Windows 8 - I've heard nothing good about 8). They both have 500GB SATA hard drive and 4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory . There is about $45 in price difference.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#92179 Oct 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'll try again.
The fun begins.
Red! I am SO SORRY to hear this! I wish I knew what to say. I didn't realize you were sick - I just thought you were stepping away from the crazy for awhile with the job stuff going on. You will be in my thoughts and my prayers - I sure hope that it is a very false alarm!!!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#92180 Oct 3, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for answering Sub! That was my error... the first laptop is 1.9 ghz (not 1.0). They are both dual core, Windows 7 (I am trying to get a Windows 7 before I get stuck with Windows 8 - I've heard nothing good about 8). They both have 500GB SATA hard drive and 4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory . There is about $45 in price difference.
HP online had (had) some windows 7 "refurbished" models still in stock a while (6 months?) ago. IIRC they were decent enough processor and RAM-wise. Might want to check it out. OR just go with Mac.

Evanston IL

#92181 Oct 3, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Whatever the alternatives are, I hope that yours turns out to be the easiest.
I love how you put this PEllen.

This is what I wish for too.

“reign in blood”

South Ozone Park, NY

#92182 Oct 3, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think it was possible for him to get any lower. I stand corrected.
How am I an @zz? Bet you can't tell me.

And I don't remember anyone calling Angela anything when she said she hopes I lose my job, my house, and end up in the gutter.

Your people's hypocrisy is... not surprising.

Evanston IL

#92183 Oct 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And now, I need to go to amazon.com to add a bunch of colorful head scarves to my wish list!
(Please please please, I want Matilda to see that and chuckle. I don't know why.)
My good step-sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She's had the lumpectomy, but they think it might be in the lymph nodes too, so they're going to start chemo and radiation soon; she already has the port.

So if we see any good deals on headscarves, I'll let you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min EasyEed 1,126,973
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Ben Dover 50,637
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min jacques Ottawa 179,415
Abby 10-23-14 1 hr pde 10
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,664
Amy 10-24 2 hr edogxxx 11
Abby 10-24 2 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]