Comments
90,701 - 90,720 of 97,948 Comments Last updated 23 hrs ago

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#92089 Oct 1, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are the ones who gave women and blacks the right to vote. But hey, I know you're not one to let facts get in the way of your argument!
he Republican party which passed the 13th amendment i very different from the one today.
I am less certain abut the difference in the party when women's suffrage was decided and today.
Regardless, it does not advance the discussion to say All Republican or All Democrats or all conservatives or all liberals. There is a vastly nuanced spectrum

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#92090 Oct 1, 2013
Yeah. LOL.
They're going after the little guy again.
The poor schmuck who's trying to visit Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon with the family.
You get those jets out of the sky and we will start seeing a real government shutdown.
Until then, hasta la vista.
LOL. Your government has lied to you. Spies on you. Rips you off. And now, to add insult to injury, has flipped you the bird.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92091 Oct 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are the ones who gave women and blacks the right to vote. But hey, I know you're not one to let facts get in the way of your argument!
I'm sure all of us can agree, when we consider women's and minority's rights, the first thing that comes to mind is Republicans....same thing with GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWNS.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92092 Oct 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You have alotta guts...You tell me our economy is not really recovering, then say bullsh*t like,....don't let facts get in the way of your arguement??? That is incredibly partisan dumb.....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#92093 Oct 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You have alotta guts...You tell me our economy is not really recovering, then say bullsh*t like,....don't let facts get in the way of your arguement??? That is incredibly partisan dumb.....
Wasn't it Mark Twain who said something about not having a battle of wits with an unarmed person?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92094 Oct 2, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it Mark Twain who said something about not having a battle of wits with an unarmed person?
Not bad for 5:30 in the morning.
Not bad at any time.

Rather undermines Topix , though.

What are you doing up so early?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#92095 Oct 2, 2013
I will get the columns

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92096 Oct 2, 2013
Got them just now. But I'm leaving for NM today so it's up to you and dog for a week.

Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TQDS5GKBFH...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T6A6VIICAK...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#92097 Oct 2, 2013
Say Hi to CatCiao for me!
dahgts wrote:
Got them just now. But I'm leaving for NM today so it's up to you and dog for a week.
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TQDS5GKBFH...
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T6A6VIICAK...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

#92098 Oct 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure all of us can agree, when we consider women's and minority's rights, the first thing that comes to mind is Republicans....same thing with GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWNS.....
That just shows your ignorance. You think republicans don't stand for women and minorities yet can't provide one iota of evidence. You think that way because your leaders told you so. Again, must be liberating to not be able to think for yourself.

Oh, front page of the trib this morning: House Democrats refuse to reach a compromise to end shutdown. I'll bet you still think republicans are to blame

Location hidden

#92100 Oct 2, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
SUBLIME -- The above is from YOUR article that YOU posted.
So is this:

A few of the economists predicted the legislation would cost the economy around 10,000 jobs per month.

Other economists said businesses are bound to hire less because the cost of each employee will likely go up.

"Any time you attach an extra cost to labor you will cause it to be less fully utilized," said Robert Brusca, chief economist at Fact and Opinion Economics, a Manhattan consultancy.

Economists saying Obamacare is not having a meaningful impact on jobs tend to argue that hiring is not driven by labor costs, but rather demand for goods.

"Work still needs to be done," said David Wyss, a fellow at Brown University. "But it may be biasing toward more part-timers."

Location hidden

#92101 Oct 2, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>he Republican party which passed the 13th amendment i very different from the one today.
That is complete b.s., just because they haven't gone overboard and whack job liberal on the issue, doesn't mean they aren't the same.

That some folks have gone overboard is actually a reflection of the mainstream fanaticism of the democrat party ... it's perfectly reflected by Ferrerman ... according to him, unless you agree that black folks should be an elevated class, treated above and beyond white folks, when it comes to a range of situations, and want them to have special rules and privileges that apply ONLY to them, you are are a racist and want the return of slavery.

It's not enough if you say discrimination is wrong, segregation is wrong, slavery is wrong, racial profiling is wrong, and all of these things should not be allowed ... nope you have to go full bore whack job liberal on the subject and take it to the extreme to make some folks happy. Hogwash.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#92102 Oct 2, 2013
RACE wrote:
Say Hi to CatCiao for me!
<quoted text>
I will do a shout out.

Location hidden

#92103 Oct 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That just shows your ignorance. You think republicans don't stand for women and minorities yet can't provide one iota of evidence. You think that way because your leaders told you so. Again, must be liberating to not be able to think for yourself.
Oh, front page of the trib this morning: House Democrats refuse to reach a compromise to end shutdown. I'll bet you still think republicans are to blame
Edog, it is perfectly illustrated in my post above. You have to be an extremist in order for a democrat to think you are not racist. Hell, even if you mention the drop out rates, the incarceration rates, the children born out of wedlock rates,(all of which are facts, not opinions), so as to suggest many of things that ill the black community are internal to the black community, folks will say you are a racist.

You have to spew the liberal party line that white folks cause all these things and it's all white folks fault and because of this white folks should be treated inferiority in a range of situations and black folks should be treated better in a range of situations, in order to atone for this evil white folk's behavior. If you think differently and feel that everyone should just be treated colorblind and those who violate laws when it comes to discrimination should be punished, you are nothing more than a racist KKK neo-nazi member, because you aren't going far enough ... you have to take it to the extreme and maybe search deem down inside for some white self loathing, while you are at it...

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#92104 Oct 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually believe that repubs stand for women and minorities you have lost whatever tiny bit of credibility you possess.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92105 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not enough if you say discrimination is wrong, segregation is wrong, slavery is wrong, racial profiling is wrong, and all of these things should not be allowed ... nope you have to go full bore whack job liberal on the subject and take it to the extreme to make some folks happy. Hogwash.
What is the definition of "liberal" for you?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#92107 Oct 2, 2013
Tom Clancy died. RIP

Location hidden

#92108 Oct 2, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>The Southern Strategy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strateg...
(Note: "strategery" during GW Bush administrations)
You mean the myth of the Southern Strategy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10...

I have no doubt that there are and were some republican candidates and politicians who are and were racist. That's not the entire party. Each party has their extremists.

Location hidden

#92109 Oct 2, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the definition of "liberal" for you?
Yep ... preferential treatment for minorities is pretty much at the heart of the democratic platform. Even mainstream democrats are in favor of it.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#92110 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep ... preferential treatment for minorities is pretty much at the heart of the democratic platform. Even mainstream democrats are in favor of it.
That's not what I asked you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min woodtick57 1,101,120
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 177,505
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min Frijoles 69,062
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 1 hr Use this on you 1
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr THE CRACKHEADS 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 302
Second man charged in May homicide that left mo... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search