|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> This game they play, by blaming everyone else, especially President Obama....while tea party House republicans have worked againest the good of the country consistantly, since, January 2009.....
Remind you of anyone? Obama spent the first four years of his failed presidency blaming Bush. He's spent his fifth year blaming House Republicans. Amazing how Democrats hold the White House and the Senate, yet aren't responsible for anything.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
I will never agree that this shutdown is the democrats' fault. It didn't turn out that way the last time and it won't turn out that way this time either. And it has nothing to do with what I believe; it has everything to do with how they behave.
Democrats are the ones refusing to compromise. Obama stated "I will not compromise." The Democrats refuse to negotiate. How is that the Republicans' fault? Please explain.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Obama is intent on dividing this country. First, he tried to start a class war. Remember the 99%ers? He failed.

Then he tried to start a race war. He went on national TV and admitted he hates white people. He failed.

Now he's trying to use partisan. "It's them against us" is his mantra.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I'm sorry. In my house, we say "two wrongs don't make a right."
That kind of thinking will get you run over in politics. It's how the game is played.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

A noted observer wrote:
Why shouldn't slavery be on the table again? Both houses voted to end it and the president signed it. I think the USSC signed off on it too. In a Constitutional republic why should that mean anything? The second place finishers of that era were pretty upset about the slavery issue. In a republic or a democracy, should the wishes of the 2nd place finishers take precedent over the majority? Doesn't that make sense?
Nobody wants the return of slavery. That's why it isn't on the table.

In contrast, the republicans never liked, wanted, or voted for Obamacare. That's why they don't want to fund it.

You are making an apples to oranges comparison.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Remind you of anyone? Obama spent the first four years of his failed presidency blaming Bush. He's spent his fifth year blaming House Republicans. Amazing how Democrats hold the White House and the Senate, yet aren't responsible for anything.
FAILED PRESIDENCY? WTF?...Home and Auto sales way up...Recovered Economy...No New Ground Wars...Bin Laden Dead...Unemployment down....Retail Sales Up...Consumer Confidence Up...Affordable Care Act approved and on course....Manufacturing Up....It's alllll gooood.....That's whats killing you!....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Obama is intent on dividing this country. First, he tried to start a class war. Remember the 99%ers? He failed.
Then he tried to start a race war. He went on national TV and admitted he hates white people. He failed.
Sorry Sir....I had no idea, you were far gone....that explain's alot....

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

I said it was interesting, Sub. I didn't say it was right or wrong. Interesting. But, b/c you seem to care where it came from, I went on factcheck.org .

I thought this was interesting:
From Politico: "And not all of the alleged dangers to businesses hold up to scrutiny. Is Obamacare a “job killer,” as many Republicans charge? Economists say it’s just not showing that kind of impact — at least so far. And is it going to cause employers everywhere to slash their workers’ benefits? Even UPS, which got national attention for cutting its health coverage for spouses who can get their coverage elsewhere, now says it can’t really blame Obamacare for that one.
“I wouldn’t characterize it as,‘We did this because of Obamacare,’” UPS spokeswoman Kara Ross told POLITICO — even though its memo to employees was full of references to the law."

From Factcheck: Claim: The law is a job-killer.

FactCheck.org says: Overblown.
It’s true nonpartisan economic analyses have estimated a “small” loss of mainly low-wage jobs because of the law. But as one expert told us, there hasn’t been much analysis of this impact of the law because, he believes, economists think the impact will be minimal. Still, Republicans have continued to push the idea that the law will have a significant effect on jobs.

This claim made our “Whoppers of 2011” list, and it has continued to be pushed in various forms — with the latest being the claims about part-time work. Mainly, the “job-killer” claims severely distort a 2010 nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office report that said the law would have a “small” impact on jobs. And that’s mainly from workers choosing to work less. For instance, some might work fewer hours if they receive subsidies to help them buy insurance, or those close to retirement may retire early, with some reassurance that they can buy insurance on their own.

I find this interesting b/c I keep hearing how it is going to impact jobs in a serious, negative way yet that isn't what really is expected.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That kind of thinking will get you run over in politics. It's how the game is played.
Perhaps that's the problem.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's something more impartial from CNN that says 9 out of 14 economists disagree with the premise of your article.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/30/news/economy/...
You should read the whole article. Down further that very same article says:

"But there is also reason to believe the job killing criticism could be overblown.

As of 2010, 97% of small businesses had fewer than 50 employees, according to the U.S. Census. That means Obamacare's employer mandate applies only to 3% of America's small businesses. Of companies with more than 50 workers, 96% already offer health plans, government data shows.

The ADP jobs report -- one of the largest reports on private employers -- shows that small businesses are still hiring strong. "

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

I find all this very very very boring.

BOOBIES!
A noted observer

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody wants the return of slavery. That's why it isn't on the table.
In contrast, the republicans never liked, wanted, or voted for Obamacare. That's why they don't want to fund it.
You are making an apples to oranges comparison.
Were those oranges apples in 2009 when the ACA passed?

The point isn't whether anyone wants slavery to return. The point is whether every American law can be held hostage by minority opinion.

If you people love the Constitution so much, why don't you follow it?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

RACE wrote:
I find all this very very very boring.
BOOBIES!
I agree with you. In the interest in making it a bit less boring, this is slightly humorous. Well, actually a bit sad really.

http://gawker.com/kimmel-asks-americans-to-ch...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it doesn't achieve anything, then why did Obama already granted a one year delay for businesses by executive order. If they had so many employees, they were required under Obamacare to provide them health insurance or pay a fine. That was to come into effect starting at the first of the year, but Obama pushed it back until 2015.
How can he do this if this is the law of the land!!! I bet Squishy is outraged!
The republicans are simply asking for the same delay for individuals. Funny, the folks who normally scream about big businesses getting special treatment are completely silent on this. As is often the case with partisan hacks (not you P), it matters more who is doing the act verses what the act is.
Had Obama not exempted businesses for one year and republicans made that demand, Squishy and Ferrerman would be screaming about how evil they are and all about big business. Obama does it and you hear <crickets> from them. Too funny.
I believe that is a systems issue in that the computer system is not functional.I didn't understand it to be either a political concession or substantial change. Kudos to the government for wanting to put a tested and functioning system on line rather than something which would draw fire for lack of functionality.There was a 2nd aspect that I don't recall which was delayed for the same reason. If you have other information, please post.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Why would he want to do that? What's the point?
What would he benefit?

What would the Democratic party benefit?

That's not a rhetorical question

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Here's something really shocking! Reading the "news" it said that Kate Middleton actually put her hair in a ponytail for a shopping trip.

For some reason this is all very shocking.

?

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
It’s true nonpartisan economic analyses have estimated a “small” loss of mainly low-wage jobs because of the law. But as one expert told us, there hasn’t been much analysis of this impact of the law because, he believes, economists think the impact will be minimal. Still, Republicans have continued to push the idea that the law will have a significant effect on jobs.
I find it hilarious that fact check references non-partisan economic analyses, but rather than expand upon these analyses and let them act as the best indicator of what the facts are and speak for themselves, they instead immediately turn to the opinion of ONE PERSON who says “he believes, economists think the impact will be minimal.” Why don't you just ask the economist or look at the studies? This is supposed to be "fact check", not "what one guy who believes check"? WTF was that?

I just pointed you to a 4 day old article from cnn that says 9 out of 14 expect job losses. You can use the opinion of one guy from fact check or you can look at the article I posted from CNN, which out of all the major American news networks is probably the most impartial and probably has the most integrity.

And if it doesn’t kill jobs, good for it, but I have plenty of other reasons why I don’t like it, including the fact that my company dropped BC/BS and went with some insurance company I've never heard of, my premium went up by about 15%, my copays are way higher (almost double for prescriptions), and I have worse overall coverage … all this just happens to coincide with the roll out of Obamacare. I know it's a coincidence or wait, wait, now is when you are supposed to feed me the line that but for Obamcare my premiums would have gone up even more, like 3000%

To top it all off, the jack a$s democrats and Obama limited my flex spending contributions to 2.5k. So not only did my costs go up, but my taxes went up too.

My buddy just posed on facebook the other day that insurance for he and his daughter through BC/BS is going up by over 30%.

It would be one thing if the law actually made health care more affordable, but it doesn’t. It has folks like me, pay a lot more for healthcare so freeloaders can have theirs or pay a lot less. It’s simply a mechanism for transferring costs for others onto others.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it hilarious that fact check references non-partisan economic analyses, but rather than expand upon these analyses and let them act as the best indicator of what the facts are and speak for themselves, they instead immediately turn to the opinion of ONE PERSON who says “he believes, economists think the impact will be minimal.” Why don't you just ask the economist or look at the studies? This is supposed to be "fact check", not "what one guy who believes check"? WTF was that?
I just pointed you to a 4 day old article from cnn that says 9 out of 14 expect job losses. You can use the opinion of one guy from fact check or you can look at the article I posted from CNN, which out of all the major American news networks is probably the most impartial and probably has the most integrity...
So now I finally know what your problem is in connection with discussing things -- you don't read thoroughly!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You should read the whole article. Down further that very same article says:
"But there is also reason to believe the job killing criticism could be overblown.
As of 2010, 97% of small businesses had fewer than 50 employees, according to the U.S. Census. That means Obamacare's employer mandate applies only to 3% of America's small businesses. Of companies with more than 50 workers, 96% already offer health plans, government data shows.
The ADP jobs report -- one of the largest reports on private employers -- shows that small businesses are still hiring strong. "
SUBLIME -- The above is from YOUR article that YOU posted.
A noted observer

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

The people have spoken!

http://now.msn.com/jimmy-kimmel-prank-tests-k...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,681 - 90,700 of97,454
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,072,820
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min Brian_G 45,548
Make 1000$ instantly 1 hr generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 407
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 173,742
Evergreen Park Man Facing Charges In South Side... 3 hr wow 1
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 9:07PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000