Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92105 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not enough if you say discrimination is wrong, segregation is wrong, slavery is wrong, racial profiling is wrong, and all of these things should not be allowed ... nope you have to go full bore whack job liberal on the subject and take it to the extreme to make some folks happy. Hogwash.
What is the definition of "liberal" for you?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92107 Oct 2, 2013
Tom Clancy died. RIP

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92108 Oct 2, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>The Southern Strategy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strateg...
(Note: "strategery" during GW Bush administrations)
You mean the myth of the Southern Strategy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10...

I have no doubt that there are and were some republican candidates and politicians who are and were racist. That's not the entire party. Each party has their extremists.

Location hidden

#92109 Oct 2, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the definition of "liberal" for you?
Yep ... preferential treatment for minorities is pretty much at the heart of the democratic platform. Even mainstream democrats are in favor of it.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92110 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep ... preferential treatment for minorities is pretty much at the heart of the democratic platform. Even mainstream democrats are in favor of it.
That's not what I asked you.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92113 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though this is NOT what I asked you, please give an example of the platform that gives preferential treatment.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

#92114 Oct 2, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually believe that repubs stand for women and minorities you have lost whatever tiny bit of credibility you possess.

Prove it

Location hidden

#92116 Oct 2, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though this is NOT what I asked you, please give an example of the platform that gives preferential treatment.
Affirmative action.

Location hidden

#92117 Oct 2, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>That's a myth. Let me find a couple of paragraphs debunking that myth. LOL!
Touche, pussycat.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92118 Oct 2, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it Mark Twain who said something about not having a battle of wits with an unarmed person?
With how strong of momentum, our recovery has maintained.....in so many areas.....i just lose it, when foxbots and the reich, feel the need to ignore it or even worse, deny it just to justify their partisan political BS.....

Location hidden

#92119 Oct 2, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually believe that repubs stand for women and minorities you have lost whatever tiny bit of credibility you possess.
She call's people ignorant, yet is unaware of any economic recovery, under this administration....that is somewhere beyond uninformed.....

Location hidden

#92120 Oct 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it
2012 Presidential Election......nuff said?.....

Location hidden

#92121 Oct 2, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Krystal Ball has a nice take on the shutdown. I personally appreciate the reference to Somalia as Utopia for tea partiers. Since they embrace black folks as equals, it truly would be their vision!
http://egbertowillies.com/2013/10/01/krystal-...
Kudo's......She is Dead-On......

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92122 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Affirmative action.
So you have a problem with this (it's the platform):

Support affirmative action to redress discrimination

Our commitment to civil rights is ironclad. We will restore vigorous federal enforcement of our civil rights laws for all our people, from fair housing to equal employment opportunity, from Title IX to the Americans with Disabilities Act. We support affirmative action to redress discrimination and to achieve the diversity from which all Americans benefit. We believe a day’s work is worth a day’s pay, and at a time when women still earn 77 cents for every dollar earned by men, we need stronger equal pay laws and stronger enforcement of them. We will enact the bipartisan legislation barring workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation. We are committed to equal treatment of all service members and believe all patriotic Americans should be allowed to serve our country without discrimination, persecution, or violence. We support the appointment of judges who will uphold our laws and constitutional rights, not their own narrow agendas.

And because you believe everything now is equal and this is unnecessary? You are entitled to your beliefs.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

#92123 Oct 2, 2013
No, blue, not enuff said.

Figured you wouldn't be able to back up your claim. Thanks for proving me right once again.

And go ahead and hold onto your notion that a 2% drop in unemployment over four years is a strong momentum of economic recovery.

Location hidden

#92124 Oct 2, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Kudo's......She is Dead-On......
I disagree, but if it makes you feel better, I'd tap that.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#92125 Oct 2, 2013
Will all you just STFU already? 3 days is more than enough time to beat this poor horse.

Location hidden

#92126 Oct 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
No, blue, not enuff said.
Figured you wouldn't be able to back up your claim. Thanks for proving me right once again.
And go ahead and hold onto your notion that a 2% drop in unemployment over four years is a strong momentum of economic recovery.
If unemployment is all you know about ECONOMICS??? Just admit it? You have yet to be RIGHT, about anything.....

Location hidden

#92127 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, but if it makes you feel better, I'd tap that.
And she is second hottest on that show, Jon Huntsman's daughter is the bomb.....
Mimi

United States

#92128 Oct 2, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad for 5:30 in the morning.
Not bad at any time.
Rather undermines Topix , though.
What are you doing up so early?
Getting ready for school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,233,003
Amy 5-26-15 19 min Sublime1 4
Abby 5-26-15 25 min Sublime1 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Jacques Orleans 189,897
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 53,530
amy 5-25-15 1 hr RACE 5
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr _Zoey_ 408
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]