|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Squishy ... you and I both know, the only reason you don't have a problem with it is because Obama implemented the delay. If republicans had instead pressed the issue, and democrats were causing the government to shut down over a delay for businesses, you and Ferrerman would be 100% on the democrats side and accusing the republicans of only looking out for the interests of big business.
You responded to Toj here, but I'll answer anyway.

I don't care who started it; I care about how they are acting. It's embarrassing to watch grown adults acting like little children, regardless of their party affiliation.
A noted observer

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. They couldn't repeal it so they decided to defund it.
I think they voted 42 times, costing multimillions of taxpayer dollars. NOT fiscally conservative.
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Don't know by now it's impossible to have a rational discussion with teabaggers
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Squishy ... you and I both know, the only reason you don't have a problem with it is because Obama implemented the delay. If republicans had instead pressed the issue, and democrats were causing the government to shut down over a delay for businesses, you and Ferrerman would be 100% on the democrats side and accusing the republicans of only looking out for the interests of big business.
You responded to me and not Squishy. AND, if you were talking about me, you'd be wrong.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
To Ferrerman, I said:

"Republicans are simply asking for the same delay for individuals, moron."

In response you said:
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, then I must have totally misunderstood what those 40-something House votes to repeal the ACA were about.
The 40 something house votes have nothing to do with why the government is being shut down.

Furthermore, they don't have to fund anything they don't want to. We don't live in a dictatorship. There is nothing unfair with them not agreeing to vote to fund some liberal program that not one of them voted for in the first place. Voting to fund it is for all practical purposes voting for it.

At the very least it's no more unfair than it was for Obama to decide not to enforce our immigration laws, because he couldn't get his way and the dream act passed. Why aren't you upset about that? Oh, I know, cause you think we should cater to illegals. Once again, if it's a law you like, it's not okay to do end around, but if it's a law you like, it's okay to do end arounds, especially if it is Obama doing so!

The republicans should tell him to go f' him self and tell him he'll get his Obamacare funded when he controls both the house and the senate. Let the people decide how bad they want it, next election. He still won't get control of the house.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You responded to me and not Squishy. AND, if you were talking about me, you'd be wrong.
It's hard to tell the difference.:p

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans should tell him to go f' him self and tell him he'll get his Obamacare funded when he controls both the house and the senate. Let the people decide how bad they want it, next election. He still won't get control of the house.
In fact instead of voting to repeal it 40 + times, for years, this is what they should have been telling everyone they would do if given control of the house ... for easier to kill it by just not funding it and that way no one would have been surprised. They would have had even more seats in the house had they done so. Obamacare is not popular.
A noted observer

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you can't distinguish too many posters from others in your head!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that people with closed minds generally have a difficult time seeing anything but their point of view. Given that, I can understand it would be difficult for you.
A noted observer

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact instead of voting to repeal it 40 + times, for years, this is what they should have been telling everyone they would do if given control of the house ... for easier to kill it by just not funding it and that way no one would have been surprised. They would have had even more seats in the house had they done so. Obamacare is not popular.
You answered "Sublime1" above. Who do you think he is?

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently you can't distinguish too many posters from others in your head!
^^^ dumb.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that people with closed minds generally have a difficult time seeing anything but their point of view. Given that, I can understand it would be difficult for you.
Of course ... I MUST have a closed mind because I disagree with you.

Let me guess, edog also has a closed mind, because he too disagrees with you.

Let me also guess, Squishy doesn't have a closed mind, because she agrees with you.

I'm sensing a pattern...

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>You answered "Sublime1" above. Who do you think he is?
Didn't answer ... I wanted to expand on that point I made in my earlier post.

Sorry to confuse you ... it's apparently quite easy to do.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
To Ferrerman, I said:
"Republicans are simply asking for the same delay for individuals, moron."
In response you said:
<quoted text>
The 40 something house votes have nothing to do with why the government is being shut down.
Furthermore, they don't have to fund anything they don't want to. We don't live in a dictatorship. There is nothing unfair with them not agreeing to vote to fund some liberal program that not one of them voted for in the first place. Voting to fund it is for all practical purposes voting for it.
At the very least it's no more unfair than it was for Obama to decide not to enforce our immigration laws, because he couldn't get his way and the dream act passed. Why aren't you upset about that? Oh, I know, cause you think we should cater to illegals. Once again, if it's a law you like, it's not okay to do end around, but if it's a law you like, it's okay to do end arounds, especially if it is Obama doing so!
This shut-down plan is just their Plan B because they couldn't repeal the law in over 40 votes. And these congressmen didn't vote for the repeal of slavery either, so let's reinstitute it until they get the opportunity to do that. If that's the way you want government to be run, well then this country would really be f*cked.

Oh and the people have already decided in an election how bad they really wanted the ACA. But since you believe that we are just too stupid to know what we really want or need, you're gonna fix it for us.

And please please please stop telling me what I believe. I have never stated an opinion on here (that I remember) about the dream act or immigration, so you have no idea what I think about this. And since that is not our current problem, it doesn't matter what I think about it.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

I thought this was interesting:

"And not all of the alleged dangers to businesses hold up to scrutiny. Is Obamacare a “job killer,” as many Republicans charge? Economists say it’s just not showing that kind of impact — at least so far. And is it going to cause employers everywhere to slash their workers’ benefits? Even UPS, which got national attention for cutting its health coverage for spouses who can get their coverage elsewhere, now says it can’t really blame Obamacare for that one.

“I wouldn’t characterize it as,‘We did this because of Obamacare,’” UPS spokeswoman Kara Ross told POLITICO — even though its memo to employees was full of references to the law."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/how-oba...

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
This shut-down plan is just their Plan B because they couldn't repeal the law in over 40 votes. And these congressmen didn't vote for the repeal of slavery either, so let's reinstitute it until they get the opportunity to do that. If that's the way you want government to be run, well then this country would really be f*cked.
Oh, ah, yes, lets turn to slavery. The republican party was actually the party that fought against slavery. That's kind of a key distinction. Why would they want to reinstitute something they were against?
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>Oh and the people have already decided in an election how bad they really wanted the ACA. But since you believe that we are just too stupid to know what we really want or need, you're gonna fix it for us.
Wrong. The democrats won the Presidency, despite Obamcare. Republicans ALSO won the house. Just because there is a democrat President doesn't mean the house republicans have to do whatever he wants. That's not the way our government works. We aren't a dictatorship. And even if a past Congress voted in favor of a law a subsequent Congress doesn't have to support it or fund it if they don't want to.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>And please please please stop telling me what I believe. I have never stated an opinion on here (that I remember) about the dream act or immigration, so you have no idea what I think about this. And since that is not our current problem, it doesn't matter what I think about it.
Point of the dream act is Obama did an end around to get his way. If he can do an end around to get his way, so can the house republicans. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
I thought this was interesting:
"And not all of the alleged dangers to businesses hold up to scrutiny. Is Obamacare a “job killer,” as many Republicans charge? Economists say it’s just not showing that kind of impact — at least so far. And is it going to cause employers everywhere to slash their workers’ benefits? Even UPS, which got national attention for cutting its health coverage for spouses who can get their coverage elsewhere, now says it can’t really blame Obamacare for that one.
“I wouldn’t characterize it as,‘We did this because of Obamacare,’” UPS spokeswoman Kara Ross told POLITICO — even though its memo to employees was full of references to the law."
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/09/how-oba...
Yes, I'm sure that's some real impartial journalism from Politico.com . That's the same website that hired some guy to be their washing bureau chief, despite him being fired by yahoo news who was fired for saying the GOP was "happy to have a party with black people drowning" during the 2012 RNC convention in Tampa, Florida.

Here's something more impartial from CNN that says 9 out of 14 economists disagree with the premise of your article.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/30/news/economy/...

In the future, please try not to be so "open minded" that you get your news from places that have about as much journalistic integrity of the onion...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, ah, yes, lets turn to slavery. The republican party was actually the party that fought against slavery. That's kind of a key distinction. Why would they want to reinstitute something they were against?
Because the current congress didn't vote on it, of course.
Sublime1 wrote:
Wrong. The democrats won the Presidency, despite Obamcare. Republicans ALSO won the house. Just because there is a democrat President doesn't mean the house republicans have to do whatever he wants. That's not the way our government works. We aren't a dictatorship. And even if a past Congress voted in favor of a law a subsequent Congress doesn't have to support it or fund it if they don't want to.

So if I'm wrong, then why isn't there a republican in the white house?

[QUOTE who="Sublime1"]Point of the dream act is Obama did an end around to get his way. If he can do an end around to get his way, so can the house republicans. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Oh, I'm sorry. In my house, we say "two wrongs don't make a right."
A noted observer

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Why shouldn't slavery be on the table again? Both houses voted to end it and the president signed it. I think the USSC signed off on it too. In a Constitutional republic why should that mean anything? The second place finishers of that era were pretty upset about the slavery issue. In a republic or a democracy, should the wishes of the 2nd place finishers take precedent over the majority? Doesn't that make sense?

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

Judged:

Couldn't post from my phone today. Could read the comments, but the post your own comment section wouldn't come up. Must be the shutdown...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,661 - 90,680 of97,431
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,071,715
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min wojar 173,561
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 22 min Hatti_Hollerand 387
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min mdbuilder 45,441
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 1 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 1 hr hands on AR 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info