Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#92100 Oct 2, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
SUBLIME -- The above is from YOUR article that YOU posted.
So is this:

A few of the economists predicted the legislation would cost the economy around 10,000 jobs per month.

Other economists said businesses are bound to hire less because the cost of each employee will likely go up.

"Any time you attach an extra cost to labor you will cause it to be less fully utilized," said Robert Brusca, chief economist at Fact and Opinion Economics, a Manhattan consultancy.

Economists saying Obamacare is not having a meaningful impact on jobs tend to argue that hiring is not driven by labor costs, but rather demand for goods.

"Work still needs to be done," said David Wyss, a fellow at Brown University. "But it may be biasing toward more part-timers."

Location hidden

#92101 Oct 2, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>he Republican party which passed the 13th amendment i very different from the one today.
That is complete b.s., just because they haven't gone overboard and whack job liberal on the issue, doesn't mean they aren't the same.

That some folks have gone overboard is actually a reflection of the mainstream fanaticism of the democrat party ... it's perfectly reflected by Ferrerman ... according to him, unless you agree that black folks should be an elevated class, treated above and beyond white folks, when it comes to a range of situations, and want them to have special rules and privileges that apply ONLY to them, you are are a racist and want the return of slavery.

It's not enough if you say discrimination is wrong, segregation is wrong, slavery is wrong, racial profiling is wrong, and all of these things should not be allowed ... nope you have to go full bore whack job liberal on the subject and take it to the extreme to make some folks happy. Hogwash.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92102 Oct 2, 2013
RACE wrote:
Say Hi to CatCiao for me!
<quoted text>
I will do a shout out.

Location hidden

#92103 Oct 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That just shows your ignorance. You think republicans don't stand for women and minorities yet can't provide one iota of evidence. You think that way because your leaders told you so. Again, must be liberating to not be able to think for yourself.
Oh, front page of the trib this morning: House Democrats refuse to reach a compromise to end shutdown. I'll bet you still think republicans are to blame
Edog, it is perfectly illustrated in my post above. You have to be an extremist in order for a democrat to think you are not racist. Hell, even if you mention the drop out rates, the incarceration rates, the children born out of wedlock rates,(all of which are facts, not opinions), so as to suggest many of things that ill the black community are internal to the black community, folks will say you are a racist.

You have to spew the liberal party line that white folks cause all these things and it's all white folks fault and because of this white folks should be treated inferiority in a range of situations and black folks should be treated better in a range of situations, in order to atone for this evil white folk's behavior. If you think differently and feel that everyone should just be treated colorblind and those who violate laws when it comes to discrimination should be punished, you are nothing more than a racist KKK neo-nazi member, because you aren't going far enough ... you have to take it to the extreme and maybe search deem down inside for some white self loathing, while you are at it...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#92104 Oct 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
That just shows your ignorance. You think republicans don't stand for women and minorities yet can't provide one iota of evidence. You think that way because your leaders told you so. Again, must be liberating to not be able to think for yourself.
Oh, front page of the trib this morning: House Democrats refuse to reach a compromise to end shutdown. I'll bet you still think republicans are to blame
If you actually believe that repubs stand for women and minorities you have lost whatever tiny bit of credibility you possess.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#92105 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not enough if you say discrimination is wrong, segregation is wrong, slavery is wrong, racial profiling is wrong, and all of these things should not be allowed ... nope you have to go full bore whack job liberal on the subject and take it to the extreme to make some folks happy. Hogwash.
What is the definition of "liberal" for you?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92107 Oct 2, 2013
Tom Clancy died. RIP

Location hidden

#92108 Oct 2, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>The Southern Strategy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strateg...
(Note: "strategery" during GW Bush administrations)
You mean the myth of the Southern Strategy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10...

I have no doubt that there are and were some republican candidates and politicians who are and were racist. That's not the entire party. Each party has their extremists.

Location hidden

#92109 Oct 2, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the definition of "liberal" for you?
Yep ... preferential treatment for minorities is pretty much at the heart of the democratic platform. Even mainstream democrats are in favor of it.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92110 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep ... preferential treatment for minorities is pretty much at the heart of the democratic platform. Even mainstream democrats are in favor of it.
That's not what I asked you.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92113 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though this is NOT what I asked you, please give an example of the platform that gives preferential treatment.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

#92114 Oct 2, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually believe that repubs stand for women and minorities you have lost whatever tiny bit of credibility you possess.

Prove it

Location hidden

#92116 Oct 2, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though this is NOT what I asked you, please give an example of the platform that gives preferential treatment.
Affirmative action.

Location hidden

#92117 Oct 2, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
<quoted text>That's a myth. Let me find a couple of paragraphs debunking that myth. LOL!
Touche, pussycat.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#92118 Oct 2, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it Mark Twain who said something about not having a battle of wits with an unarmed person?
With how strong of momentum, our recovery has maintained.....in so many areas.....i just lose it, when foxbots and the reich, feel the need to ignore it or even worse, deny it just to justify their partisan political BS.....

Location hidden

#92119 Oct 2, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
She call's people ignorant, yet is unaware of any economic recovery, under this administration....that is somewhere beyond uninformed.....

Location hidden

#92120 Oct 2, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it
2012 Presidential Election......nuff said?.....

Location hidden

#92121 Oct 2, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Krystal Ball has a nice take on the shutdown. I personally appreciate the reference to Somalia as Utopia for tea partiers. Since they embrace black folks as equals, it truly would be their vision!
http://egbertowillies.com/2013/10/01/krystal-...
Kudo's......She is Dead-On......

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#92122 Oct 2, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Affirmative action.
So you have a problem with this (it's the platform):

Support affirmative action to redress discrimination

Our commitment to civil rights is ironclad. We will restore vigorous federal enforcement of our civil rights laws for all our people, from fair housing to equal employment opportunity, from Title IX to the Americans with Disabilities Act. We support affirmative action to redress discrimination and to achieve the diversity from which all Americans benefit. We believe a day’s work is worth a day’s pay, and at a time when women still earn 77 cents for every dollar earned by men, we need stronger equal pay laws and stronger enforcement of them. We will enact the bipartisan legislation barring workplace discrimination based on sexual orientation. We are committed to equal treatment of all service members and believe all patriotic Americans should be allowed to serve our country without discrimination, persecution, or violence. We support the appointment of judges who will uphold our laws and constitutional rights, not their own narrow agendas.

And because you believe everything now is equal and this is unnecessary? You are entitled to your beliefs.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Brooklyn, NY

#92123 Oct 2, 2013
No, blue, not enuff said.

Figured you wouldn't be able to back up your claim. Thanks for proving me right once again.

And go ahead and hold onto your notion that a 2% drop in unemployment over four years is a strong momentum of economic recovery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,171,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min ddddddddddd 50,189
Chicago teen testifies about simple argument qu... 47 min MARK TRAINA 2
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr boundary painter 7,910
Abby 1-25 1 hr boundary painter 2
Amy 1-25-14 1 hr boundary painter 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Learn to Read 184,288
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 20 hr Chooch 73
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games