Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

So Saturday, we had to take Nunu to a jeweler to get a ring cut off her finger. We put in on in June and sorta forgot about (it looked so cute). We tried everything to get it off; lotion, soap, olive oil, but her knuckle had just grown too much.

Saturday afternoon, we were getting our bikes ready for our first family bike ride. The kids have gone with daddy for rides, but I hadn't touched my bike since we moved in almost two years ago and I promised them we could do this thing, Bike the Ridge, where they close of a four-lane main road for part of the day. But we discovered that Dickie had forgotten the combo for the lock, so Sunday morning, FIL came over with a hack saw and, voila!, my bike was free. Had a great time on the ride, so much fun that we're planning on trying to ride every weekend until the weather turns bad.

Then last night, I was this close to having the kitchen in a pristine state; I only had to hand-wash the new glass pasta jar we got on Saturday. Well, the lid of that jar slipped while I was washing it and it whacked my left ring-finger knuckle really good, and what I didn't notice for a few moments was that it also gashed my knuckle really good. Seems there were a couple of chips in the lid that went unnoticed by us. Spent the rest of the night with my hand elevated and thankfully this morning it doesn't hurt too much.

They say bad things come in threes, so I'm hoping this is it. I have enough of things getting cut around me!

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Glad you had a great weekend, squish!

Dead around here today.

Let's see.... Anyone else find it ironic that our president will negotiate with Russia, Syria, and Iran... but he won't negotiate with House Republicans? Isn't it also ironic that republicans will get the blame for a government shutdown even though they are trying to do all they can to prevent it?

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Dead around here today.
Let's see.... Anyone else find it ironic that our president will negotiate with Russia, Syria, and Iran... but he won't negotiate with House Republicans? Isn't it also ironic that republicans will get the blame for a government shutdown even though they are trying to do all they can to prevent it?
But, edog, he's drawn a redline on this issue. And we all know when he draws a red line, he means it! Just ask Syria:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

squishymama wrote:
So Saturday, we had to take Nunu to a jeweler to get a ring cut off her finger. We put in on in June and sorta forgot about (it looked so cute). We tried everything to get it off; lotion, soap, olive oil, but her knuckle had just grown too much.
Saturday afternoon, we were getting our bikes ready for our first family bike ride. The kids have gone with daddy for rides, but I hadn't touched my bike since we moved in almost two years ago and I promised them we could do this thing, Bike the Ridge, where they close of a four-lane main road for part of the day. But we discovered that Dickie had forgotten the combo for the lock, so Sunday morning, FIL came over with a hack saw and, voila!, my bike was free. Had a great time on the ride, so much fun that we're planning on trying to ride every weekend until the weather turns bad.
Then last night, I was this close to having the kitchen in a pristine state; I only had to hand-wash the new glass pasta jar we got on Saturday. Well, the lid of that jar slipped while I was washing it and it whacked my left ring-finger knuckle really good, and what I didn't notice for a few moments was that it also gashed my knuckle really good. Seems there were a couple of chips in the lid that went unnoticed by us. Spent the rest of the night with my hand elevated and thankfully this morning it doesn't hurt too much.
They say bad things come in threes, so I'm hoping this is it. I have enough of things getting cut around me!
I always knew you were on the cutting edge of the regs. Things do come in threes so you all should be okay for a long time.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
No.

“Derecho”

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Of course not, dear.
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Maybe its because the leaders of those countries are acting more rationally than the tea baggers in the Republican Party. Also, if they wanted to prevent a government shutdown, all the tea baggers would have to do is to send a funding bill to the Senate that did not demand the new health care be delayed again and/or defunded.

The Republicans are the ones acting like little babies. They could not win at the ballot box, so they are willing to shut down the government to get their way.
edogxxx wrote:
Dead around here today.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Timmy wrote:
Maybe its because the leaders of those countries are acting more rationally than the tea baggers in the Republican Party. Also, if they wanted to prevent a government shutdown, all the tea baggers would have to do is to send a funding bill to the Senate that did not demand the new health care be delayed again and/or defunded.
The Republicans are the ones acting like little babies. They could not win at the ballot box, so they are willing to shut down the government to get their way.
<quoted text>
They did win on the ballet. The republicans control the house and the congress controls the purse strings. Why the f' should they vote to fund something not one of them voted for.

Obama's entire approach during his first year was encapsulated Rahm Emanuel's statement: "We have the votes. F---'em," as quoted in Bob Woodward's book. They could do that when they controlled both chambers of Congress. They don't anymore and they won't even after midterms, next year.

Look who's getting f'd now. <snicker>

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
Look who's getting f'd now. <snicker>
The american people are getting f'd now. Not so snicker worthy imo.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
The american people are getting f'd now. Not so snicker worthy imo.
You can thank the democrats for that.

The republicans are agreeing to fund everything except one program, i.e. Obamacare. Why should they vote to fund a program that not one of them voted for and most American's don't like? Voting to fund it is for all practical purposes voting for it.

Maybe next time the democrats dream up another massive entitlement program, they will think twice before ramming it through congress along party lines and adopting a "we have the votes, f''em" attitude.

House republicans don't have to fund jack shyte if they don't want to. Somewhere along the way, the democrats forgot this.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can thank the democrats for that.
The republicans are agreeing to fund everything except one program, i.e. Obamacare. Why should they vote to fund a program that not one of them voted for and most American's don't like? Voting to fund it is for all practical purposes voting for it.
Maybe next time the democrats dream up another massive entitlement program, they will think twice before ramming it through congress along party lines and adopting a "we have the votes, f''em" attitude.
House republicans don't have to fund jack shyte if they don't want to. Somewhere along the way, the democrats forgot this.
They should vote to fund a program that is the law of the land. They can hate it all they want, but the law has been upheld by SCOTUS. They are coming across as petulant children who are going to take their ball away because they aren't getting to play the game exactly like they want to. Would you give in to your children if they acted like that?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Dead around here today.
I've been too busy, watching traitorous teaparty, House republicans block every Democratic Jobs Bill for 4 years, up to and including the American Jobs Act...a bill, both sides agreed would produce over a million full-time jobs immediately....Acting in every way possible to stall our economic recovery, working againest the people's best interest, all to harm the success of the Black President they don't like, acting like lucid government is a child's game........AND, all the while, on Fox...screaming as loud as possible, "When will Obama produce the JOBS?".... How on earth, did you possibly miss that?....

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
They should vote to fund a program that is the law of the land. They can hate it all they want, but the law has been upheld by SCOTUS. They are coming across as petulant children who are going to take their ball away because they aren't getting to play the game exactly like they want to. Would you give in to your children if they acted like that?
What you should have said is, Iím a liberal and I like the law, therefore, I think they should fund it. That would be closer to the truth.

Passing a law and funding a law are two very different things.

We also have all sorts of laws that are not enforced, such as immigration laws and the 4th Amendment of the constitution and even federal drug laws in the case of legalization of marijuana in CO and Washington (which I actually support). Funny, I never hear Obama fans saying, but these are the laws of the land ... we should be funding them and enforcing them ... we are outraged ... the Obama administration is acting like a petulant child!!! Itís almost like you liberals think you get to be the ones who pick and choose which laws are the REAL laws of the land and must be enforced. Oddly enough, you seemingly only pick the laws that you like!! Funny how that works. I never would have imagined that! I'm really shocked ... no really.

In terms of my children, the house of representatives is not some little child that has to answer to the Senate or the President. They are a legislative body that is free to have their own thoughts on matters and are free to act accordingly. Just cause Obama thinks he is a dictator who doesn't have to negotiate and horse trade, doesn't change this.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Aren't you outraged by this, Squishy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/16/us/us-to-st...

Because Obama couldn't get his dream act through Congress, he just decided he's not going to enforce immigration laws??!!! But, but, but ... they are the law of the land! What a petulant child!!!

What is sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander.
A noted observer

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

If my party had finished in second place in the last election and everybody on my party's cable TV station was saying that the winning party's healthcare program was definitely going to fail, I would cheerfully let them go ahead with that healthcare plan and i'd send someone in to measure for curtains in the White House because, unless I ran a moose-hunter or a Canadian in the next election, I'd just about own the White House and both houses of congress in '16.

But, that's just me. I think the republicans are obviously afraid the ACA will work. And they will not have one of their own in the WH in '16 to repeal the ACA on his first day....

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
They are coming across as petulant children who are going to take their ball away because they aren't getting to play the game exactly like they want to.
You're getting confused with Obamma's "My way or the highway" sentiment. Democrats expect the Republicans to lay down and let the dems do whatever they want. It doesn't work that way.

And shutdown, shmutdown. This is just like the sequester, which cut funding on one half of one percent, Bammy was screaming it was the end of the world. Same thing with the shutdown.

Do you know the debt ceiling has been raised seven times during Obama's reign? Would be nice if the democrats got serious about cutting spending instead of continually raising the debt ceiling again and again as if that's gonna accomplish anything.

I say let the government shutdown. Let them default on their debts. Maybe that will be the kick in the pants they need to actually try to fix this problem.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
Aren't you outraged by this, Squishy:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/16/us/us-to-st...
Because Obama couldn't get his dream act through Congress, he just decided he's not going to enforce immigration laws??!!! But, but, but ... they are the law of the land! What a petulant child!!!
What is sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander.
But there's still funding for this, right?
A noted observer

Wheeling, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Debt ceiling facts:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/moneymatters/tp...

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

A noted observer wrote:
If my party had finished in second place in the last election and everybody on my party's cable TV station was saying that the winning party's healthcare program was definitely going to fail, I would cheerfully let them go ahead with that healthcare plan and i'd send someone in to measure for curtains in the White House because, unless I ran a moose-hunter or a Canadian in the next election, I'd just about own the White House and both houses of congress in '16.
But, that's just me. I think the republicans are obviously afraid the ACA will work. And they will not have one of their own in the WH in '16 to repeal the ACA on his first day....
Some Republicans have said "Let the healthcare law pass. Once everyone realizes it doesn't work and adds trillions to the debt and raised taxes over fifty percent on everyone, THEN we'll realize what a debacle it truly is."

I don't agree with that line of thinking. You don't let your house burn down to destroy a sweater you don't like. And name one government program that has been repealed because it didn't work. It doesn't happen. Once this thing goes through, there will be no way to stop it. No one is afraid that it "might actually work." It's too expensive, it has stalled economic growth because business are hiring fewer people for part-time work so they are exempt, on and on, yadda yadda, and countries that HAVE socialized healthcare, like Canada and the UK, those citizens HATE it! Canadians come down here for healthcare because they can't see a doctor up there. A couple Brits I have spoken with hate their universal healthcare. A majority of Americans don't want it. Yet it's gonna be forced upon us because the Libs in power know what's best for us, and we aren't capable of making our own decisions. That about right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,581 - 90,600 of97,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RoxLo 1,071,768
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min LRS 173,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 59 min andet1987 388
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 2 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 2 hr hands on AR 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••