Topix Chitown Regulars

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91964 Sep 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Let's see.... Anyone else find it ironic that our president will negotiate with Russia, Syria, and Iran... but he won't negotiate with House Republicans? Isn't it also ironic that republicans will get the blame for a government shutdown even though they are trying to do all they can to prevent it?
No.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#91965 Sep 30, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Of course not, dear.
Timmy

United States

#91966 Sep 30, 2013
Maybe its because the leaders of those countries are acting more rationally than the tea baggers in the Republican Party. Also, if they wanted to prevent a government shutdown, all the tea baggers would have to do is to send a funding bill to the Senate that did not demand the new health care be delayed again and/or defunded.

The Republicans are the ones acting like little babies. They could not win at the ballot box, so they are willing to shut down the government to get their way.
edogxxx wrote:
Glad you had a great weekend, squish!
Dead around here today.
Let's see.... Anyone else find it ironic that our president will negotiate with Russia, Syria, and Iran... but he won't negotiate with House Republicans? Isn't it also ironic that republicans will get the blame for a government shutdown even though they are trying to do all they can to prevent it?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#91967 Sep 30, 2013
Timmy wrote:
Maybe its because the leaders of those countries are acting more rationally than the tea baggers in the Republican Party. Also, if they wanted to prevent a government shutdown, all the tea baggers would have to do is to send a funding bill to the Senate that did not demand the new health care be delayed again and/or defunded.
The Republicans are the ones acting like little babies. They could not win at the ballot box, so they are willing to shut down the government to get their way.
<quoted text>
They did win on the ballet. The republicans control the house and the congress controls the purse strings. Why the f' should they vote to fund something not one of them voted for.

Obama's entire approach during his first year was encapsulated Rahm Emanuel's statement: "We have the votes. F---'em," as quoted in Bob Woodward's book. They could do that when they controlled both chambers of Congress. They don't anymore and they won't even after midterms, next year.

Look who's getting f'd now. <snicker>

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#91968 Sep 30, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Look who's getting f'd now. <snicker>
The american people are getting f'd now. Not so snicker worthy imo.

Location hidden

#91969 Sep 30, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
The american people are getting f'd now. Not so snicker worthy imo.
You can thank the democrats for that.

The republicans are agreeing to fund everything except one program, i.e. Obamacare. Why should they vote to fund a program that not one of them voted for and most American's don't like? Voting to fund it is for all practical purposes voting for it.

Maybe next time the democrats dream up another massive entitlement program, they will think twice before ramming it through congress along party lines and adopting a "we have the votes, f''em" attitude.

House republicans don't have to fund jack shyte if they don't want to. Somewhere along the way, the democrats forgot this.

Evanston IL

#91970 Sep 30, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can thank the democrats for that.
The republicans are agreeing to fund everything except one program, i.e. Obamacare. Why should they vote to fund a program that not one of them voted for and most American's don't like? Voting to fund it is for all practical purposes voting for it.
Maybe next time the democrats dream up another massive entitlement program, they will think twice before ramming it through congress along party lines and adopting a "we have the votes, f''em" attitude.
House republicans don't have to fund jack shyte if they don't want to. Somewhere along the way, the democrats forgot this.
They should vote to fund a program that is the law of the land. They can hate it all they want, but the law has been upheld by SCOTUS. They are coming across as petulant children who are going to take their ball away because they aren't getting to play the game exactly like they want to. Would you give in to your children if they acted like that?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91971 Sep 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Glad you had a great weekend, squish!
Dead around here today.
I've been too busy, watching traitorous teaparty, House republicans block every Democratic Jobs Bill for 4 years, up to and including the American Jobs Act...a bill, both sides agreed would produce over a million full-time jobs immediately....Acting in every way possible to stall our economic recovery, working againest the people's best interest, all to harm the success of the Black President they don't like, acting like lucid government is a child's game........AND, all the while, on Fox...screaming as loud as possible, "When will Obama produce the JOBS?".... How on earth, did you possibly miss that?....

Location hidden

#91972 Sep 30, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
They should vote to fund a program that is the law of the land. They can hate it all they want, but the law has been upheld by SCOTUS. They are coming across as petulant children who are going to take their ball away because they aren't getting to play the game exactly like they want to. Would you give in to your children if they acted like that?
What you should have said is, Iím a liberal and I like the law, therefore, I think they should fund it. That would be closer to the truth.

Passing a law and funding a law are two very different things.

We also have all sorts of laws that are not enforced, such as immigration laws and the 4th Amendment of the constitution and even federal drug laws in the case of legalization of marijuana in CO and Washington (which I actually support). Funny, I never hear Obama fans saying, but these are the laws of the land ... we should be funding them and enforcing them ... we are outraged ... the Obama administration is acting like a petulant child!!! Itís almost like you liberals think you get to be the ones who pick and choose which laws are the REAL laws of the land and must be enforced. Oddly enough, you seemingly only pick the laws that you like!! Funny how that works. I never would have imagined that! I'm really shocked ... no really.

In terms of my children, the house of representatives is not some little child that has to answer to the Senate or the President. They are a legislative body that is free to have their own thoughts on matters and are free to act accordingly. Just cause Obama thinks he is a dictator who doesn't have to negotiate and horse trade, doesn't change this.

Location hidden

#91973 Sep 30, 2013
Aren't you outraged by this, Squishy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/16/us/us-to-st...

Because Obama couldn't get his dream act through Congress, he just decided he's not going to enforce immigration laws??!!! But, but, but ... they are the law of the land! What a petulant child!!!

What is sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander.
A noted observer

Palatine, IL

#91974 Sep 30, 2013
If my party had finished in second place in the last election and everybody on my party's cable TV station was saying that the winning party's healthcare program was definitely going to fail, I would cheerfully let them go ahead with that healthcare plan and i'd send someone in to measure for curtains in the White House because, unless I ran a moose-hunter or a Canadian in the next election, I'd just about own the White House and both houses of congress in '16.

But, that's just me. I think the republicans are obviously afraid the ACA will work. And they will not have one of their own in the WH in '16 to repeal the ACA on his first day....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91975 Sep 30, 2013
squishymama wrote:
They are coming across as petulant children who are going to take their ball away because they aren't getting to play the game exactly like they want to.
You're getting confused with Obamma's "My way or the highway" sentiment. Democrats expect the Republicans to lay down and let the dems do whatever they want. It doesn't work that way.

And shutdown, shmutdown. This is just like the sequester, which cut funding on one half of one percent, Bammy was screaming it was the end of the world. Same thing with the shutdown.

Do you know the debt ceiling has been raised seven times during Obama's reign? Would be nice if the democrats got serious about cutting spending instead of continually raising the debt ceiling again and again as if that's gonna accomplish anything.

I say let the government shutdown. Let them default on their debts. Maybe that will be the kick in the pants they need to actually try to fix this problem.

Evanston IL

#91976 Sep 30, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Aren't you outraged by this, Squishy:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/16/us/us-to-st...
Because Obama couldn't get his dream act through Congress, he just decided he's not going to enforce immigration laws??!!! But, but, but ... they are the law of the land! What a petulant child!!!
What is sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander.
But there's still funding for this, right?
A noted observer

Palatine, IL

#91977 Sep 30, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91978 Sep 30, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
If my party had finished in second place in the last election and everybody on my party's cable TV station was saying that the winning party's healthcare program was definitely going to fail, I would cheerfully let them go ahead with that healthcare plan and i'd send someone in to measure for curtains in the White House because, unless I ran a moose-hunter or a Canadian in the next election, I'd just about own the White House and both houses of congress in '16.
But, that's just me. I think the republicans are obviously afraid the ACA will work. And they will not have one of their own in the WH in '16 to repeal the ACA on his first day....
Some Republicans have said "Let the healthcare law pass. Once everyone realizes it doesn't work and adds trillions to the debt and raised taxes over fifty percent on everyone, THEN we'll realize what a debacle it truly is."

I don't agree with that line of thinking. You don't let your house burn down to destroy a sweater you don't like. And name one government program that has been repealed because it didn't work. It doesn't happen. Once this thing goes through, there will be no way to stop it. No one is afraid that it "might actually work." It's too expensive, it has stalled economic growth because business are hiring fewer people for part-time work so they are exempt, on and on, yadda yadda, and countries that HAVE socialized healthcare, like Canada and the UK, those citizens HATE it! Canadians come down here for healthcare because they can't see a doctor up there. A couple Brits I have spoken with hate their universal healthcare. A majority of Americans don't want it. Yet it's gonna be forced upon us because the Libs in power know what's best for us, and we aren't capable of making our own decisions. That about right?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91979 Sep 30, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
ďThe fact that we are here today to debate raising Americaís debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government canít pay its own bills.Ē

-Senator Barack Obama, March 2006.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91980 Sep 30, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91981 Sep 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> I've been too busy, watching traitorous teaparty, House republicans block every Democratic Jobs Bill for 4 years, up to and including the American Jobs Act...a bill, both sides agreed would produce over a million full-time jobs immediately....Acting in every way possible to stall our economic recovery, working againest the people's best interest, all to harm the success of the Black President they don't like, acting like lucid government is a child's game........AND, all the while, on Fox...screaming as loud as possible, "When will Obama produce the JOBS?".... How on earth, did you possibly miss that?....
I probably missed it because it's a bunch of garbage. Had no idea the republicans intentionally blocked a bill that would produce over a million full-time jobs (not just for unions, I presume...) And they MUST be doing it because the "black" guy got re-elected. You know how racist Republicans can be. Nevermind the fact Obama went on national TV and admitted to being a racist, but hey, pointing out the fact Obama stereotyped white people makes one a racist, bigoted homophobe. Love how the liberal rationalization works. Yeah, we disapprove of Obamacare because he's black. Yeah, that's it. Wow. You people are something else.
A noted observer

Palatine, IL

#91982 Sep 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Oops! I used a government site- NOT a teabagger site! Oh no!

Is that where you got the sweater/house-on-fire analogy?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91983 Sep 30, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/worker-c...

So your boss only cares about the bottom line (# of views) and not the content itself. Boo friggin hoo. You were hired to do a job. Your ssigned objective seems to be measured by a pretty specific metric. Your boss only cares about you meeting your defined goal. Why is this a problem?

Oh, cause he does not care what content you put in your video as long as you meet your goal? Cry me a friggin river. Obviously your objectives are not in line with the objectives of the guy who pays your salary. Fine. Quit. Find a job that values your artistic creativity more than your current gig. No harm no foul. But lets not act like he's some bad person for not sharing or caring about your vision. If you spend hours upon hours of blood sweat and tears pouring your heart into a video and only 10 people watch it, you've failed at your assigned job objective.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min smfh 1,251,984
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min JRB 192,380
Ask Amy 7-5-15 1 hr mrs gladys kravitz 4
5 Truths You Cannot Disagree With. 1 hr Dave 11
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Analog man 6,147
In Summer Please Help Me ribeye steak is best f... 2 hr MyChicagoSteak 1
Dear Abby 7-5-15 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages