|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>If? I assume he's going to file a claim. He'd be a fool not to. And they should go after the people who cause the damage. I am all for punish them...if you can determine who they are. My issue is the line of thinking that if you can't determine who caused the damage, then punish everyone equally.
Your daughter goes to the party with friends. Is there for 5 minutes before she realizes whats going on and her and her friends split. But cell phones are everywhere and people have pictures of them at the party. Race and company would excuse her...but have no way of knowing who acted like her and left.
At first I hadn't read the article. I didn't realize it wasn't his kid or let them all in. That's what I thought at first. I have to agree with you b/c I know how parties were started when I was young. By word of mouth. So and so is having a party and then an address. You didn't always know the actual owner of the house. If the cops can you split.

Now I was never at a place that got trashed but I see the logic in that some of those kids didn't know that the owner wasn't there and had nothing to do with trashing the place.

No, kids should not drink alcohol. But they do. They shouldn't go to parties underage with alcohol. But they do. I don't think they should get jail time for attending a party. I think we have bigger criminals getting out of jail for much, much more. Community service if they're caught? Absolutely. If they are proven to have took part in trashing the place? Pony up and do community service!

Now posting names of underage kids on the internet? Not smart. There are people out there who will hang those kids, harrass them, etc. just b/c someone posted their names tied to this when they did nothing more than show up at a party. Just look how people are reacting here.

So posting those names is not only stupid, unless you can prove they did something other than show up at a party they were invited to, that would be libel.

I'm not saying those parents should be suing. I wouldn't. But I could see how that could happen.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Toj wrote:
Now posting names of underage kids on the internet? Not smart...So posting those names is not only stupid, unless you can prove they did something other than show up at a party they were invited to, that would be libel.
from what I see on his site, he did not "post their names".

He posted screenshots of their twitter and facebook pictures of themselves in his house. So he took publicly available photos that the kids themselves posted online that already get displayed to facebook or twitter in conjunction with their name, and put screenshots on his site. Doubt the parents have a leg to stand on.

Scroll down and look.
http://helpmesave300.com/

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>from what I see on his site, he did not "post their names".
He posted screenshots of their twitter and facebook pictures of themselves in his house. So he took publicly available photos that the kids themselves posted online that already get displayed to facebook or twitter in conjunction with their name, and put screenshots on his site. Doubt the parents have a leg to stand on.
Scroll down and look.
http://helpmesave300.com/
That is totally different than what I thought.
delali

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

www.originalarts.org your authentic african arts

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Guilt by association. Three guys in a car. One guy hands the gun to another, he gets out of the car and kills someone. The third is driving the car. They can all be charged with murder.
If you want to know why these kids did what they did, just take a look at those parents.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

First of all this guy wants to help these kids; help them fess up and do the right thing, help them see how their actions affect others, help them turn their lives around. I doubt he wants them in jail.

I read another article that said he's already held a well-publicized clean up event, invited the 300 to make amends, and ONE kid showed up. I put that squarely on the parents; every teenaged kid in the county should have been made to go by their parents.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Get off it, tonka. The kids had no business being there in the first place. If just one kid destroys something, ALL are responsible.

"But, but... that's just not FAIR!!"

Too bad, cry me a river.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

squishymama wrote:
First of all this guy wants to help these kids; help them fess up and do the right thing, help them see how their actions affect others, help them turn their lives around. I doubt he wants them in jail.
I read another article that said he's already held a well-publicized clean up event, invited the 300 to make amends, and ONE kid showed up. I put that squarely on the parents; every teenaged kid in the county should have been made to go by their parents.
Looks to me like these kids come from a pretty affluent neighborhood there....bet those are the kind of parent's that would'nt want their college bound heirs, branded with any criminal history, that might stand in their way.....

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
I agree with you.That's the sad part, the one kid that showed up wasn't even there that night. At the very least any of the kids that didn't take part in the destruction could have shown some decency and helped him.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Looks to me like these kids come from a pretty affluent neighborhood there....bet those are the kind of parent's that would'nt want their college bound heirs, branded with any criminal history, that might stand in their way.....
I don't think he wanted to prosecute. He just hoped that they would have some remorse and help him. Besides, those pics were already posted even before he did. So busted by themselves.
These are parents that have been whining "not my Johnnie" all of those kids lives. Entitlement is also alive and well in affluent neighborhoods.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think he wanted to prosecute. He just hoped that they would have some remorse and help him. Besides, those pics were already posted even before he did. So busted by themselves.
These are parents that have been whining "not my Johnnie" all of those kids lives. Entitlement is also alive and well in affluent neighborhoods.
I realize that, and in my career i got to know many in law enforcement and a number of Judges, including Juvenile Court ones....i was just saying how they would have likely ruled, keeping it within the community.....covering every aspect.....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Bought a Kindle. Just wanted a decent e-reader that can access the web. Also not weighing a lot is a big deal. Went to the Pawn shop. Kindle fire 59.00 out the door. I can live with that. I figure the money I saved buying a bunch of books as kindle editions covers the cost. Also, I love the cloud and being able to access my stuff from anywhere.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Bought a Kindle. Just wanted a decent e-reader that can access the web. Also not weighing a lot is a big deal. Went to the Pawn shop. Kindle fire 59.00 out the door. I can live with that. I figure the money I saved buying a bunch of books as kindle editions covers the cost. Also, I love the cloud and being able to access my stuff from anywhere.
Amazon is running a promotion that if you bought a hard copy book from them, they will give you the Kindle version. Some limits of course

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazon is running a promotion that if you bought a hard copy book from them, they will give you the Kindle version. Some limits of course
I didn't see that. I'm just tired of schlepping text books. The Kindle versions are cheaper and right now I have like 300 books (I've been buying for a while) and they weigh like a pound total. <shrug>

Kindle, one folder (a la pee chee) a note pad and a couple pens/pencils and I'm good to go. You can really tell the difference between freshmen and those who have been at it a while. Freshmen have all the shiny new stuff, lots of paper and supplies, etc. By the time you're a senior (and beyond) 1/2 a pencil (no eraser) and the back of the electric company envelope stuffed into a messenger bag being held together with safety pins and bandaids is all you need.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Now for warm and fuzzy. Cute dog food commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/AA56LgpFbSw...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
Now for warm and fuzzy. Cute dog food commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/AA56LgpFbSw...
Love the Golden puppies...wife is campaigning for another yellow lab puppy, since our chocolate lab is getting older....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_ /id/9689220/redskins-name-chan ge-not-easy-sounds
I think this PC stuff re those names is ridiculous. Maybe all teams should have the name like the Scottsdale CC Artichokes. The CA farmers can then protest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Flacks News 1,082,610
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min CDC 48,962
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min SamBee 68,426
10 “Active Militia Teams” Securing The US-Mexic... 24 min Good luck 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,991
Global Elite Agitating for War Against Russia 30 min Kurt Nimmo video 1
Abby 7-29 50 min Sublime1 10
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE