Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91850 Sep 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
DUH! Blind peeps cant drive, so they take a cab!
<quoted text>
Well, there you go!

Also, they only make one kind. http://www.pbs.org/newshour/businessdesk/2009...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#91851 Sep 23, 2013
You must live on "Idiot Island".
A noted observer wrote:
My neighbor, Mitch, is blind. He burned his fingers yesterday trying to read the waffle iron.
A noted observer

Roselle, IL

#91852 Sep 23, 2013
Neighbor Mitch is married to Lisa, who is also blind. They fight all the time. IDK what they ever saw in each other.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91853 Sep 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
I remember reading articles that said (and I forget which tribes or teams were involved) But basically they were for keeping the names. They did not find any offense and felt it promoted their heritage in a positive way.
This is probably a small group of Native Americans with a lawyer looking to make a name for themselves. Kinda like insisting braille be put on the keys of the ATM.
And before anybody gets all high and mighty about the blind needing it, let me ask you when have you EVER seen a blind person using an atm? I know blind folk and they always have a sighted person with them, always!
<quoted text>
Never used an ATM....Have never had a cell phone...lol....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#91854 Sep 23, 2013
A noted observer wrote:
Neighbor Mitch is married to Lisa, who is also blind. They fight all the time. IDK what they ever saw in each other.
As an observer, it is good to know you are keeping an eye out for them
A noted observer

Roselle, IL

#91855 Sep 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>As an observer, it is good to know you are keeping an eye out for them
Mitch- my neighbor- borrowed $20 from me. He said he'd pay me back next time he saw me.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91856 Sep 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
As an observer, it is good to know you are keeping an eye out for them
They met on a blind date!

Why don't blind people skydive?

It scares the hell out of the dog!

How did the blind woman drive herself crazy?

She was trying to read a stucco wall!

But anyway, I can't see the big deal about braille ATM machines..

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#91857 Sep 23, 2013
Why is it ok to make fun of the blind, but not blacks?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91858 Sep 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
I remember when Eddie Murphy did a standup routine, talking about young Stevie Wonder getting cheated, by not knowing if he was getting paid with ones or hundreds....lol....
Ann Ticipation

Roselle, IL

#91859 Sep 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
I don't know. Why?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91860 Sep 23, 2013
Q: How do you break Steve Wonder's neck?
A: Speed up the music.

Q: What did Stevie Wonder's mother do for punishment?
A: Rearrange the furniture.

Q: Why does Stevie Wonder shake his head when he sings?
A: Because he can't find the microphone.

Q: Why does Stevie Wonder always smile?
A: No one's told him he's black yet.

Q: Why hasn't Stevie Wonder written a hit in years?
A: He dropped his pencil!

Stevie Wonder walks into a shop swinging a dog above his head.
The shop owner says "Can I help you?"
Stevie Wonder say "No I'm just having a look around"

At a celebrity party, Stevie Wonder meets golf champ Tiger Woods and mentions that he, too, is an excellent golfer.

Tiger is a bit skeptical that the blind musician can play golf well, but he's too polite to say anything.

"When I tee off, " the singer explains, "I have a guy call to me from the green. My sharp sense of hearing lets me aim."

Tiger is impressed, and Stevie suggests that they play a round.

When Tiger agrees, Stevie asks, "How about if we play for $10,000 a hole?"

Tiger insists he couldn't possibly play him for money because of his sight handicap.

But Stevie argues and badgers Tiger until Tiger finally relents

Stevie says, "You pick the place and I'll pick the time?"

Tiger says, "Fine. Pebble Beach"

Stevie replies, "Midnight!"

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91861 Sep 23, 2013
I'm bored. Can you tell? Stuff to do, but I'm bored.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#91862 Sep 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
Because we generally know that the jokes about blind people are not true and we are a worried that the jokes about black people might be
Ann Ticipation

Arlington Heights, IL

#91863 Sep 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we generally know that the jokes about blind people are not true and we are a worried that the jokes about black people might be
DOH! I was waiting for a punchline!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91864 Sep 23, 2013
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/disney-world...

What's worse? Having some people getting away with abusing the system meant for helping disabled guests, or not having a system in place at all to help those disabled guests?

To me, we live in a world where Ferris Bueller's sister is running amuck. A world of people pissed off at the stuff other people can get away with that rally has very minimal or no affect on them.

I wonder what % of the guests that go thru the parks each day were able to game the system in this way? How much did it cause the wait time for others to increase? Probably infinitesimally miniscule. But we can't have people getting away with this dishonesty. So f them and f the people that legitimately needed the service.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91865 Sep 23, 2013
Anyone ever order food with pinto bean at Chipotle, only to have the worker tell you that its made with bacon and confirm you're ok with that? I've had that happen and wondered wtf? Why would you warn me of that? That's a selling point!

But if you've ever wondered why they do it, this is why.

http://consumerist.com/2011/10/27/changing-ov...

Pain in the ass vegans and religious peeps!
:)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#91866 Sep 23, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenti ng/disney-world-s-message-to-t he-disabled--wait-in-line-1619 46185.html
What's worse? Having some people getting away with abusing the system meant for helping disabled guests, or not having a system in place at all to help those disabled guests?
To me, we live in a world where Ferris Bueller's sister is running amuck. A world of people pissed off at the stuff other people can get away with that rally has very minimal or no affect on them.
I wonder what % of the guests that go thru the parks each day were able to game the system in this way? How much did it cause the wait time for others to increase? Probably infinitesimally miniscule. But we can't have people getting away with this dishonesty. So f them and f the people that legitimately needed the service.
The people who game the system , the ones who hired disabled "tour guides" so they could cut to the head of long lines are the same people who brag about and are not discrete. there may not be that many but if you have been standing in line with tired whiny kids and some guy with gold chains and a wife with stiletto heels, bling and tight capris comes barging through with full mobility, you get P.O'd .Clearly enough people were ticked that Disney felt they had to do something about it. I don't disagree.People who nee the accommodation should get it; people who figure out loopholes should go to the back of the line.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91867 Sep 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
NSFW

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91868 Sep 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who game the system , the ones who hired disabled "tour guides" so they could cut to the head of long lines are the same people who brag about and are not discrete. there may not be that many but if you have been standing in line with tired whiny kids and some guy with gold chains and a wife with stiletto heels, bling and tight capris comes barging through with full mobility, you get P.O'd .Clearly enough people were ticked that Disney felt they had to do something about it. I don't disagree.People who nee the accommodation should get it; people who figure out loopholes should go to the back of the line.
But as was pointed out when this story originally broke, Disney already offers its own costly service to allow anyone with the cash to have a special Disney tour guide and therefore jump the line. The people that were gaming the system had actual disabled people with them as part of their party and I'm pretty sure they were not bragging out loud WHILE jumping the line that they really were not related to the disabled person and were just gaming the system. So to the person waiting in line, all they see is a disabled person and their party jumping the line. That would seem a lot less bothersome to me than someone who just paid more for a Disney guide jumping in front of them.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91869 Sep 24, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dale 180,880
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min the firm 1,143,961
last post wins! (Apr '13) 39 min Hatti_Hollerand 392
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 54 min Hatti_Hollerand 4,871
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 48,574
World's Best Photo Art 1 hr WOW 1
amerikkkan gov bans bakesales 1 hr hands on AR 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

NFL 2:01PM
Shaun Phillips claimed by Indianapolis Colts
NBC Sports 2:31 PM
Kyle Fuller, Riley Reiff and Reggie Bush all questionable for Turkey Day
ESPN 2:35 PM
Cardinals' Bush: No 'fair shake' with Bears
NBC Sports 3:55 PM
Will Lions bad offense or Bears bad defense step up?
NBC Sports 4:15 PM
Washington benches RGIII, Colt McCoy to start