Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Yeah, the Wicked Witch of the West just gave me a tocket in my own driveway for going a few miles over the limit.
She had a trap set, F#$@#kin Witch.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Eh, I don't know, I'm fine with them issuing tickets for stuff to earn revenue. THeir budgets have been slashed. THe good ol' days of it being standard operating procedure for cops to ride in pairs are over. I see that only in the roughest parts of the Twin Cities.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Ooh women cops. I wouldn't mess with 'em!

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

I know their game.
They they pull over everyone they can and everyone gets a ticket. There are no more warnings given by the police.
Their real motives are that they need probable cause in their efforts to catch the big fish, but in the process they want as much money as they squeeze out of the public for even very minor offences.
I know full and well that witch would not have given her family members a ticket for the same thing I just did. Of course they profile and play favorites.
No one was even remotely in jeopardy by me going 5 over.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

She was in an unmarked car.
They won't even talk to you as they have already made their determinations.
Ans no, I am not going into court to tell the judge I had to go pee real badly. Like I said, I was 2 blocks from home when she saw me, and I pulled into my own driveway to stop.
But I stopped on the apron so her ass end would be han=ging out into traffic.
I live on a busy four-lane road.

My stepfather is attorney. I already know that the law is emotionless and that they use the public as their cash cow.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
A very cool underwater sculpture, incorrectly described as honoring African slaves who were thrown overboard in Middle Passage, but it's still pretty neat:
http://thebicker.net/image/61547323282
John Pennecamp State Park...on one of the early Keys, on the way to Key West has a garden of all types of sculptures, among reefs and outrageous marine life, and much of it at snorkeling depths....A true bucket list item....lol...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

loose cannon wrote:
They hand out tickets left and right.
It has next to nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue.
I'm just sayin' they create more enemies than it's worht out of piddly ass stuff, and one day whne the chips are down they're not going to get the help they need.
So, if the police's issueing ticket's isn't about safety.....if they stopped immediately, we would be safer? Would everyone subscribe to the what, Honor System?

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Gun tottin' witch with a high squeeky voice is what she is.
Alert Reader

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

loose cannon wrote:
Gun tottin' witch with a high squeeky voice is what she is.
Boss of YOU is what she is even though she moved on. Maybe you should too- s l o w l y....

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Can you tell I'm pissed?
The police get off on ruining people's day.
Not that mine is ruined, but nobody likes getting a citation.

It's about revenue and probable cause to catch bigger criminals.
You, the public, are disposable. Safety is seconary.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Pellen,
Do you remember the Diane Master's case?
Her husband was an attorney who along with the Chief of Police from Willow Springs were convicted of her murder.
My step-dad knew Alan Masters, both being lawyers. And so did my mom. And I met him too.
He gave me the creeps.
The police found her body in the trunk of her car at the bottom of the Cal-Sag canal when they were dredging.
I always think about her when I think of or have trouble with the law.
Alan Masters died in prison.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

I don't have complaints about cops most of the time. but busting someone for going 5 over the limit? That's a bored cop who's hoping there's 3 other things wrong with you/your car to ticket you for.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I think too often, cops resort to the taser when they used to use physical force.
Good. Isn't that the point of the taser? If cop can avoid hand to hand combat using a taser, then by all means, use it.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
We've had people here die of a heart attack from the taser -- one guy died just sitting in his car. Yes, you should do what the cops tell you to do. But cops often give ILLEGAL commands, and I can't fault someone who knows their rights for resisting such orders. But if it means getting the taser, geez, I don't know, I think I'd do wahtever a cop told me to do. Then sue later if he violated my rights?
I have the same problem with the taser: cops who use it on people who are not being violent/aggressive.

Using it to force compliance of your orders? Bad.
Using it to avoid violent altercation? Good.

Under my usage guidelines, the only people getting hit with the taser are those who pose an immediate physical threat. Got a bad heart? Don't wanna get tased? Calm the F down and don't make a move on the cop.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

I'm just sayin' that I've known enough purveyprs of the law to know that they can be full of prejudice and discrimination and that I do not trust a single one of them to treat me as anything other than a piece of meat.

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
No one was even remotely in jeopardy by me going 5 over.
You're just pissed you got busted. You were breaking he law. "The law is emotionless". Yes. Exactly. That's how it should be. "I had to pee is no excuse.

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

loose cannon wrote:
They hand out tickets left and right.
It has next to nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue.
Are people violating the speed limit or not? What do you want from them? Non-enforcement of the laws you don't agree with? You want the speed limits to be stricken from the books and turn it into the Audubon?

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

That was one of my step-dads favorite sayings, now that I think about it.
He used to call all his clients a piece of meat.

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

loose cannon wrote:
I'm just sayin' that I've known enough purveyprs of the law to know that they can be full of prejudice and discrimination and that I do not trust a single one of them to treat me as anything other than a piece of meat.
Other than classical musicians, can you name 3 groups of people that you don't have a problem with?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Good. Isn't that the point of the taser? If cop can avoid hand to hand combat using a taser, then by all means, use it.
<quoted text>
I have the same problem with the taser: cops who use it on people who are not being violent/aggressive.
Using it to force compliance of your orders? Bad.
Using it to avoid violent altercation? Good.
Under my usage guidelines, the only people getting hit with the taser are those who pose an immediate physical threat. Got a bad heart? Don't wanna get tased? Calm the F down and don't make a move on the cop.
I think a cop should be willing to use a certain degree of physical force, but we have cops of different sizes, body types, skills, etc.

I feel for the mentally ill people who have bad run-ins with the cops. No one wins in that situation when it's handled poorly.

It's a tough job. There are some real pricks who are cops, sure, but I think most are good people, doing the best they can to be good cops.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Good. Isn't that the point of the taser? If cop can avoid hand to hand combat using a taser, then by all means, use it.
So now we've got wimpy, afraid to get a fingernail broken, Sally cops using a taser to slap cuffs on some unruly speeder who challenges the authority of some cop on a power trip? I thought we trained cops in hand to hand "combat" for this very reason? And the cops who don't have tasers shoot to kill instead.

Do as a cop says. Regardless of anything. Or be tased or shot. Nevermind being physically forced into handcuffs.

That your stance?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,321 - 90,340 of96,013
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 37 min throw more shoes 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 64,971
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 42,936
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr ritedownthemiddle 1,033,719
snapchat gay names 2 hr nolovecity74 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr loose cannon 167,402
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr _Zoey_ 4,022
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance