“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#91543 Sep 17, 2013
Making fun of you wrote:
<quoted text>Where were the armed teachers the NRA wanted????
In school, teaching?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#91544 Sep 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a white military guy in uniform, who said the guy next to him got shot....all the dead victims were white, and one indian-american.....I'm really talking more about how racism is handled by the media......more a campaign, than one incident....maybe i am the only one that notices it?....
You're not the only one.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#91545 Sep 17, 2013
Maybe because I'm not reading too much about this naval yard shooter, but I'm not seeing this as a black/white thing. This kind of workplace shooting/mass shooting rarely seems to be about race. After all, these people are f*cking crazy and crazy comes in all colors.

The story that I do think is about race is about this young black guy killed (shot 10 times) in NC by a cop. I believe that if you inserted a white guy into the same set of circumstances, no way would he have ended up dead, shot 10 times.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/family-man-shot-...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#91546 Sep 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I don't think condition's of criminal backround, should be excluded from hiring practices, regardless of any disparity displayed by any races proclivities....it's just another example of the Social Engineering going on through our media and government...You are correct, it is outta line.....If this President promoted it, he too is wrong....Much of this mindset has been established, over a long amount of time.....
I agree. I also think until you address the root causes for these statistics, which is not society, but home life and community life, you'll never make things better. If you really want to help folks, you need to tackle the root cause, not blame other folks who play no role in individual decision making or address the symptoms, but not the causes.

I don't cause black males to drop out of high school. I don't cause black males to go to prison. I don't cause black males to impregnate women they are not married to (thus ensuring another generation that will likely repeat the cycle).

I think liberals would have a point that it is racism if if black folks graduated at the same rate as other groups, went to college at the same rate as other groups, had similar incarceration rates as other groups, but to have all these statistical disparities going on and say that it is racism that causes them to lag other groups and not these statistical disparities, is bat shyte crazy.

Why won't my kids drop out of high school, cause I won't let them drop out of high school. I've stressed education since they were young kids. You don't have that sort of parental involvement in a higher percentage of black families. That is why more black males drop out. It has nothing to do with white people. It has nothing to do with society. It has everything to do with parenting. This one issue is a microcosm for what causes the statistical disparities I pointed out.

Rather than address it, liberals want to stick their head in the sand and ignore it, pretend it doesn't exist, and not even attempt to address it. Their solution is just throw more handouts at them, which only means the cycle will repeat itself, as it has been for the last 50-60 years.

It is the breakdown at the family level that is the major cause for these things, plain and simple.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#91547 Sep 17, 2013
What I see on the net is that there is a glorified role for a black man called Badass.
Definition:
1.(noun)a tough, aggressive, or uncooperative person.
"one of them is a real badass, the other's pretty friendly"

2.(adjective) tough or aggressive.
"a strange fellow with a badass temper"
particularly bad or severe.
"some badass virus I'd caught at sea"
3. formidable; excellent.
"this was one badass camera"

All of the shooter's conduct before yesterday would be labeled Badass and would not be seen as wrong, reportable or worrisome by a large part of US society.

Whether that segment is black society or whether it includes younger underemployed white guys is open to discussion.

To me this is the same group that casually labels women as b*tches and wh*res.

Whether this guy lost sight of the difference between strutting in the hood and accepted behavior or whether he was truly mental, this looks to me like just an extension of behavior which is otherwise glorified and praised.

Wait! Didn't GTA V come out yesterday?

Location hidden

#91548 Sep 17, 2013
Timmy wrote:
It also doesn't hurt that a number of the charter fishing boats in Florida hire waitresses to serve beer while wearing outfits so skimpy they would make a Hooter's waitress blush.
<quoted text>
That sounds like fun for the whole family!:p

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91549 Sep 17, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Maybe because I'm not reading too much about this naval yard shooter, but I'm not seeing this as a black/white thing. This kind of workplace shooting/mass shooting rarely seems to be about race. After all, these people are f*cking crazy and crazy comes in all colors.
The story that I do think is about race is about this young black guy killed (shot 10 times) in NC by a cop. I believe that if you inserted a white guy into the same set of circumstances, no way would he have ended up dead, shot 10 times.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/family-man-shot-...
ITA.

And that cop is being charged. You know it has to be bad for cops to charge their own.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91550 Sep 17, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I also think until you address the root causes for these statistics, which is not society, but home life and community life, you'll never make things better. If you really want to help folks, you need to tackle the root cause, not blame other folks who play no role in individual decision making or address the symptoms, but not the causes.
I don't cause black males to drop out of high school. I don't cause black males to go to prison. I don't cause black males to impregnate women they are not married to (thus ensuring another generation that will likely repeat the cycle).
I think liberals would have a point that it is racism if if black folks graduated at the same rate as other groups, went to college at the same rate as other groups, had similar incarceration rates as other groups, but to have all these statistical disparities going on and say that it is racism that causes them to lag other groups and not these statistical disparities, is bat shyte crazy.
Why won't my kids drop out of high school, cause I won't let them drop out of high school. I've stressed education since they were young kids. You don't have that sort of parental involvement in a higher percentage of black families. That is why more black males drop out. It has nothing to do with white people. It has nothing to do with society. It has everything to do with parenting. This one issue is a microcosm for what causes the statistical disparities I pointed out.
Rather than address it, liberals want to stick their head in the sand and ignore it, pretend it doesn't exist, and not even attempt to address it. Their solution is just throw more handouts at them, which only means the cycle will repeat itself, as it has been for the last 50-60 years.
It is the breakdown at the family level that is the major cause for these things, plain and simple.
What we have had, here in Florida is a system whereby black's through Affirmative Action, have been given preference in schooling and job selection....what that has produced, is a group of still clueless individuals, screwing up State Family Services jobs, leading to dead abused children...also, useless teachers that perform poorly, yet are protected either by race or a powerful teacher's union....I keep waiting for common sense to come back into style....lol....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#91551 Sep 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Taken away FOR LIFE.
Just like I feel that if you are caught over fishing or violating other fishing/hunting regulations, you lose that privilege FOR LIFE.
That carries as much weight as an order of protection. It's paper . The guys it is directed at ignore it.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#91552 Sep 17, 2013
courtroom observer wrote:
<quoted text>Are arrests the same as convictions?
No.
A job application will ask you about convictions, not arrests.

Depending on the job, if a background check is going to be made, crimes that you have been charged with but not convicted of will show up.

Background checks are done where the job is a position of trust. Otherwise they are not worth the money.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#91553 Sep 17, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the effects of brain dead liberals. Every group has encountered racism. Jews historically have been treated worse than any group on the planet.
Jews have been treated badly longer than any other definable group and bad things have happened to them as a group even before the Holocaust, but by and large , except for the Holocaust Jews were not rounded up and enslaved, transported as cargo and never let go.

Jews assimilate. Historically conversion was accepted even if it was at the point of a sword or a burning stake.

Blacks can't convert to being white. It doesn't matter what's under the skin, they get shot by cops 10 times when running for help after a car accident.

The group knows I come from a Jewish background. Bad things happened to people I knew and more of their relatives, but I think Blacks have it worse.

Location hidden

#91554 Sep 17, 2013
Ugh. I may go home early. I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night. I felt like a dull weight was on my chest, keeping my lungs from fulling inflating. And I felt like, if I went to sleep, i wouldn't inhale enough -- I was having to consciously inhale and it was something of a struggle. But it also could have been purely mental, psychosomatic. Was fully up (as in up and walking around 2-2:30 and am exhausted now.

Man, parents of infants, doing that night after night has to be so exhausting.

“reign in blood”

United States

#91555 Sep 17, 2013
squishymama wrote:
No, this incident probably isn't about race. However, if it was a white guy who shot up an office full of black people, you better believe the media, and people like Sharpton and Jack@zz, would be screaming racism.

Location hidden

#91556 Sep 17, 2013
Does anyone else remember the Blues Brothers song "Rubber Biscuit"?

Bow bow bow...
(Um, do that again)
Bow bow bow...
Have you ever heard of a wish sandwich? A wish sandwich is the kind of a
Sandwich where you have two slices of bread and you, hee hee hee, wish you
Had some meat...
Bow bow bow...
Ummm... the other day I had a ricochet biscuit. A ricochet biscuit is the
Kind of a biscuit that's supposed to bounce back off the wall into your
Mouth. If it don't bounce back, hee hee hee,... you go hungry!
Bow bow bow...
Umm, umm, umm... the other day I had a cool water sandwich and a Sunday-go-
To-meetin' bun...
Bow bow bow...
Hee hee hee hee... What da ya want for nothing?... a rrrrrrrrubber biscuit?
Bow bow oooh ooh oooh oooooooo-waaaaaaaah...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#91557 Sep 17, 2013
That still does nothing to justify the absurdity of telling an employer they cant consider criminal history when hiring.
Are you really thinking a huge investment company who moves millions of dollars daily is going to be required to not consider a persons criminal history? Do you think the SEC and FINRA are going to excuse something being stolen, embezzled, or improperly traded just because obamma said they had to ignore the persons history of embezzlement and hired them?

More feel good do nothing legislation that will only hurt the honest workers and drive them to crime to feed their family's because the criminals who robbed their homes are now stealing their jobs, just because their a minority and did not bother to finish school and compete honestly.

Bleh!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Nope, sub, you aren't right just because you say you are. I see the effects of long-term institutionalized racism in this country. Yay for you that you don't.
AFter all, you got yours, who cares about anybody else? "Please" is right.

“reign in blood”

United States

#91558 Sep 17, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>In school, teaching?
Yeah, not really sure what his point was, as armed teachers have no bearing on this incident.
Obvious guy

Roselle, IL

#91559 Sep 17, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! So, it's NOT you and NOT society. It's liberals!

Thanks for clearing that up!
The point

Roselle, IL

#91560 Sep 17, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, not really sure what his point was, as armed teachers have no bearing on this incident.
And neither did trained, armed guards.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91561 Sep 17, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>That carries as much weight as an order of protection. It's paper . The guys it is directed at ignore it.
While I agree, I believe you get caught fishing after you've been banned for life (or FOR LIFE as Red says :)), then perhaps the next step is a huge fine and jail time.

Location hidden

#91562 Sep 17, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jews have been treated badly longer than any other definable group and bad things have happened to them as a group even before the Holocaust, but by and large , except for the Holocaust Jews were not rounded up and enslaved, transported as cargo and never let go.
Jews assimilate. Historically conversion was accepted even if it was at the point of a sword or a burning stake.
Blacks can't convert to being white. It doesn't matter what's under the skin, they get shot by cops 10 times when running for help after a car accident.
The group knows I come from a Jewish background. Bad things happened to people I knew and more of their relatives, but I think Blacks have it worse.
It really doesn't matter who is treated worse.

When barely 50 percent of _____(fill in what ever group you wish) males graduate high school, when almost 75% of of this same groups children are born out of wedlock, and when this same group has incarceration rates on par with that of black males, that group is not going to fare well, regardless.

I don't care what their religion is, what color their skin is, what language they speak or where they come from.

If I'm white, made a poor choice, and shot off my own foot and now I am in a race and have to hop around the track on one foot, it really doesn't matter if the official judging the race is racist towards white people. I'm not going to be able to compete against folks who haven't shot their foot off.

This is is an indisputable fact

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min scirocco 1,144,495
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min jacques Ottawa 180,978
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 1 hr Imasport 142
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 48,599
Ferguson protests move to retail stores 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 3 hr 1-5-11-17 MISSING 15
My true thoughts about this song. 3 hr ThereSheGosWalkin 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance