Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#91517 Sep 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as screening during and upon being discharged.
That raises the question of what the military could do if they identified a problem.Follow the guy? Prevent all future security clearances, compel him to have psychiatric care or take drugs? Good luck with any of that.

If you screen at the beginning you have the option of not letting them enlist in the first place; you could also tag them at that point to prevent future security clearances.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91518 Sep 17, 2013
RACE wrote:
I dunno, Every interview I saw was with a black person, I did not see one white person interviewed.
<quoted text>
I saw a white military guy in uniform, who said the guy next to him got shot....all the dead victims were white, and one indian-american.....I'm really talking more about how racism is handled by the media......more a campaign, than one incident....maybe i am the only one that notices it?....

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#91519 Sep 17, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gun control, no. But i wouldn't mind seeing more psychological screening before letting people into the military
He was a contractor from what I heard, but he had a pretty bad past, including shooting in his apartment and at a car, I think I heard. How do you even get a job with that on your record?

Incidentally, the Obama administration wants to stop employers from using your criminal history against you when making hiring decisions, which I think is bat shyte crazy.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91520 Sep 17, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>That raises the question of what the military could do if they identified a problem.Follow the guy? Prevent all future security clearances, compel him to have psychiatric care or take drugs? Good luck with any of that.
If you screen at the beginning you have the option of not letting them enlist in the first place; you could also tag them at that point to prevent future security clearances.
I was getting ready for work this morning and I heard a few things about his history. I wasn't listening that carefully, but wasn't he arrested for shooting a guy's tires out b/c he was angry? It sounded like it was after he had been discharged, though.

I'd be for some kind of rule that if you use your weapon illegally you can get your license and/or guns taken away -- after some kind of hearing, of course, but something along those lines.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91521 Sep 17, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was a contractor from what I heard, but he had a pretty bad past, including shooting in his apartment and at a car, I think I heard. How do you even get a job with that on your record?
Incidentally, the Obama administration wants to stop employers from using your criminal history against you when making hiring decisions, which I think is bat shyte crazy.
One of those shooting incidents was him shooting AT HIS NEIGHBOR through his ceiling, into her floor. She called the cops, he said "Oh, sorry, it was loaded and I was cleaning it and because I also was cooking at the same time, my hands were oily/messy and my finger slipped and pulled the trigger."

Yeah right.

Location hidden

#91522 Sep 17, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I was getting ready for work this morning and I heard a few things about his history. I wasn't listening that carefully, but wasn't he arrested for shooting a guy's tires out b/c he was angry? It sounded like it was after he had been discharged, though.
I'd be for some kind of rule that if you use your weapon illegally you can get your license and/or guns taken away -- after some kind of hearing, of course, but something along those lines.
Taken away FOR LIFE.

Just like I feel that if you are caught over fishing or violating other fishing/hunting regulations, you lose that privilege FOR LIFE.

Location hidden

#91523 Sep 17, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is crazy, but i have never seen anything about this administration pushing that agenda?....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#91524 Sep 17, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who what huh? I need to look that up; that's not acceptable.

Since: Mar 09

Hollywood, FL

#91525 Sep 17, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Or too bad she didn't snap earlier and killed herself while the little girl was safe at your boyfriend's friend's daughter's house.
Yeah :(

Location hidden

#91526 Sep 17, 2013
The Obama administration -- as well as a lot of state attorneys general -- are against using criminal background checks in hiring because blacks are prosecuted at a much higher rate than whites, disproportionate not only to the population, but to the degree of the crimes. Whites tend to be found not guilty mor than than blacks, even when the circumstances are similar to identical. Blacks tend to get harsher/longer jail and prison sentences, where whites are more likely to get shorter sentences or probation instead.

Location hidden

#91527 Sep 17, 2013
Michael Moore has opened two or more theatres by now, and his rule is, when there's a job opening, first preference must go to hiring a vet from the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan. I think that's awesome.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91528 Sep 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Taken away FOR LIFE.
Just like I feel that if you are caught over fishing or violating other fishing/hunting regulations, you lose that privilege FOR LIFE.
Strange thst you're so passionate about overfishing. I took my dad on a fishing boat. 1/2 price deal got us both on for $80. Had no idea there was a limit to what we caught. Each person on the boat could keep a max of 10 fish. I was not happy. That certainly was not $80 worth of fish. With limits like that, might as well just buy your fish at the grocery store if the overhead of even going fishing is so out of whack with what you can keep.
Making fun of you

Rolling Meadows, IL

#91529 Sep 17, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
And where do I begin with this?
A BLACK man shoots up an office full of WHITE people. Where's all the race-baters now??
The guvment can't even protect themselves, yet we expect them to protect us??
And why do these mass shootings seem to happen where firearms are forbidden??
Lemme guess, there's gonna be yet ANOTHER push for more gun control, because that seems the only likely way to prevent these things, right?
Where were the armed teachers the NRA wanted????

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#91530 Sep 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>That is crazy, but i have never seen anything about this administration pushing that agenda?....
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/...

This is what it is all about:

"In 2011, blacks and Hispanics were imprisoned at higher rates than whites in all age groups for both male and female inmates. Among prisoners ages 18 to 19, black males were imprisoned at more than 9 times the rate of white males. In 2011, Hispanic and black male prisoners age 65 or older were imprisoned at rates between 3 and 5 times those of white males. Excluding the youngest and oldest age groups, black males were imprisoned at rates that ranged between 5 and 7 times the rates of white males. Among persons ages 20 to 24, black males were imprisoned at about 7 times that of white males. Among persons ages 60 to 64, the black male imprisonment rate was 5 times that of the white male imprisonment rate. In comparison, Hispanic males were imprisoned at 2 to 3 times the rate of white males in 2011. Black females were imprisoned at between 2 and 3 times the rate of white females, while Hispanic females were imprisoned at between 1 and 3 times the rate of white females."

http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/...

I think it's ridiculous. Maybe people shouldn't go to jail. How about you point the finger at the individuals or <gasp> their parents.

Welfare rates are 5-7 times higher too. Barely half of black males graduate high school (52%). 3/4 (72%) of black babies are born out of wedlock. It's all white peoples' fault, tho. White angry males grab their d's and make them stick it into women and then we stand there with a gun and threaten to shoot them if they marry them after impregnating them.

We also stand outside of schools with guns and make them drop out of school or it's cause their schools are racist, even though in an inner city school you have a lot of minority teachers and administrators ... they are racist minority teachers and administrators, like this guy (so funny, if you have never seen this Chappelle skit):

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#91531 Sep 17, 2013
looking at this article, you would think their was only 1 victim and he was black.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/navy...
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a white military guy in uniform, who said the guy next to him got shot....all the dead victims were white, and one indian-american.....I'm really talking more about how racism is handled by the media......more a campaign, than one incident....maybe i am the only one that notices it?....

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#91532 Sep 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
The Obama administration -- as well as a lot of state attorneys general -- are against using criminal background checks in hiring because blacks are prosecuted at a much higher rate than whites, disproportionate not only to the population, but to the degree of the crimes. Whites tend to be found not guilty mor than than blacks, even when the circumstances are similar to identical. Blacks tend to get harsher/longer jail and prison sentences, where whites are more likely to get shorter sentences or probation instead.
That's a bunch of b.s. Black males are 5 or 7 times more likely to be in jail for murder than white males too. Do you really think cops just don't arrest white folks for murder juries don't convict white folks of murder and that is why this statistic holds true? Please.

This notion that it is discrimination that causes a significant portion of these statistical disparities is pure liberal b.s. It might be a very very small contributing factor, but the major reason for this is that a black male is away more likely to actually kill another human than a white person.

Don't believe me:

“There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

Jesse Jackson

Location hidden

#91533 Sep 17, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Strange thst you're so passionate about overfishing. I took my dad on a fishing boat. 1/2 price deal got us both on for $80. Had no idea there was a limit to what we caught. Each person on the boat could keep a max of 10 fish. I was not happy. That certainly was not $80 worth of fish. With limits like that, might as well just buy your fish at the grocery store if the overhead of even going fishing is so out of whack with what you can keep.
I'm passionate about people who ignorantly and willfully break out hunting and fishing laws. Some guys got busted recently having caught and kept over 400 fish. They lose their fishing licenses for a year. I want them to lsoe fishing and hunting privileges for a lifetime. IF they get caught again, confiscate whatever vehicle they used to get there, including the boat.

Location hidden

#91534 Sep 17, 2013
Nope, sub, you aren't right just because you say you are. I see the effects of long-term institutionalized racism in this country. Yay for you that you don't.

AFter all, you got yours, who cares about anybody else? "Please" is right.

“I looked, and behold,”

Location hidden

#91535 Sep 17, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Strange thst you're so passionate about overfishing. I took my dad on a fishing boat. 1/2 price deal got us both on for $80. Had no idea there was a limit to what we caught. Each person on the boat could keep a max of 10 fish. I was not happy. That certainly was not $80 worth of fish. With limits like that, might as well just buy your fish at the grocery store if the overhead of even going fishing is so out of whack with what you can keep.
The vast majority of folks don't go out fishing because they are budget conscious and are looking for a cheap food source. They do it primarily or significantly for the sporting aspect.

Location hidden

#91536 Sep 17, 2013
I don't think condition's of criminal backround, should be excluded from hiring practices, regardless of any disparity displayed by any races proclivities....it's just another example of the Social Engineering going on through our media and government...You are correct, it is outta line.....If this President promoted it, he too is wrong....Much of this mindset has been established, over a long amount of time.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min old_moose 1,603,931
Dum black cops 50 min Frankie 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Regime change 63,984
National FELON League 1 hr Big Ed 1
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 2 hr Thoughtful Lads 6
The Party of Racism. 2 hr CantDenyWhoWon 33
Coffee with Jesus. 2 hr Pissed Poster 12

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages