Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91423 Sep 16, 2013
Nick thinks it's funny that the kids think they can lie about stuff that is easily found out. LIke "Yes, I brushed my teeth>" Oh, really? Then why is the sink dry and, your toothbrush is dry?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#91424 Sep 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Nick thinks it's funny that the kids think they can lie about stuff that is easily found out. LIke "Yes, I brushed my teeth>" Oh, really? Then why is the sink dry and, your toothbrush is dry?
I had a phase like that where I'd wet my toothbrush and the sink but not brush my teeth. I'd also put my seatbelt across my lap but not buckle it (such a rebel...). Then I figured out if I was doing all that work to lie, I should just maybe *do* it and be done.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#91425 Sep 16, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/alabama-sorority-sister...

I had a really nasty flashback when I saw the photo of the Tri Delts. I'm so glad to see that after so many years, nothing has changed. <sarcasm font needed>

Location hidden

#91426 Sep 16, 2013
squishymama wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/alabama- sorority-sisters-blame-racist- alumnae-black-candidates-13020 8396.html
I had a really nasty flashback when I saw the photo of the Tri Delts. I'm so glad to see that after so many years, nothing has changed. <sarcasm font needed>
I go straight to the SNL sketch: Delta Delta Delta can I help ya help ya help ya?

Or college: Tri a Delt! Everyone else has!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91427 Sep 16, 2013
squishymama wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/alabama- sorority-sisters-blame-racist- alumnae-black-candidates-13020 8396.html
So not one girl would stand up to the powers that be? Wimps. They should be all over this, contacting the media, creating a very uncomfortable conversations with them, making a stink and making the advisors and the administrators squirm big time.

I hope people start standing up here.

Location hidden

#91428 Sep 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
So not one girl would stand up to the powers that be? Wimps. They should be all over this, contacting the media, creating a very uncomfortable conversations with them, making a stink and making the advisors and the administrators squirm big time.
I hope people start standing up here.
No, several girls did. But the alums outvoted/outranked them.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#91429 Sep 16, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Have you seen the Twitter backlash against the AMERICAN woman of Indian descent that won the Miss America contest yesterday? Seriously, what year is it again? 1913?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91430 Sep 16, 2013
So any Chicagoans (or non-Chicagoans) catch that Bears game?

I was exhausted after watching that!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91431 Sep 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
No, several girls did. But the alums outvoted/outranked them.
I'm surprised that girls at that age didn't get more dramatic about it. You'd think they'd be more willing to go up against the people who are outvoting/outranking them.

I wasn't in a sorority so I don't know how difficult it would be to go against them. I'd like to think I'd give it more effort than they did but, as I said, I was never in a sorority.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#91432 Sep 16, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen the Twitter backlash against the AMERICAN woman of Indian descent that won the Miss America contest yesterday? Seriously, what year is it again? 1913?
It's like people think that being a "country of immigrants" is only awesome if those immigrants are white.

And I LOVE the idiots that equate India with al qaeda. Clearly not paying attention in class.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#91433 Sep 16, 2013
Ha! Great poker face on that kid!
Mister Tonka wrote:
So Tonka Jr. comes down to the living room and tells me that mom said since he's 7 now, he can go to sleep later, at either 8:50 or 9pm, and that I'm supposed to choose. First I've heard of this, so I say 8:50. The 4 yr old comes down and they want to watch tv. So I let them watch the kids on demand channel. At 8:20, the older one tells the other, we have time for one more show, then it will be 8:30 and you have to go to bed, but I don't have to go to bed till 8:50 cause I'm older. Younger one starts wailing that that's not fair. I quietly head upstairs and say good job, MOM. And tell her what just went on. That little stinker. She says she never said any such thing. So I call him up and stone cold bust him.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#91434 Sep 16, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
The new America: where it's a shame to be white.

Location hidden

#91435 Sep 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
I just now saw the score when I went to make my lunch. Nice job, Bears!:)

Location hidden

#91436 Sep 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised that girls at that age didn't get more dramatic about it. You'd think they'd be more willing to go up against the people who are outvoting/outranking them.
I wasn't in a sorority so I don't know how difficult it would be to go against them. I'd like to think I'd give it more effort than they did but, as I said, I was never in a sorority.
Few things in college are more political than the Greek system.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#91437 Sep 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
Great game, but now that's twice in a row where they got lucky. I'm not so sure about them this season. We shall see.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#91438 Sep 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The new America: where it's a shame to be white.
STFU you idiotwindowlicker.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91439 Sep 16, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Great game, but now that's twice in a row where they got lucky. I'm not so sure about them this season. We shall see.
I think they were lacking a lot in defense and in offensive communication. They did show, however, the desire and the ability to win when they want to.

I could NOT believe they won. It was a phenomenal end.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91440 Sep 16, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU you idiotwindowlicker.
We should trace edogs lineage. I can only imagine what we would find.
Bob

Chicago, IL

#91441 Sep 16, 2013
If anyone is looking for something to do around town, I'd recommend this. It's fun for history lovers and social people alike:

&fe ature=youtu.be

http://auditoriumtheatre.org/wb/pages/home/pe...

Location hidden

#91442 Sep 16, 2013
Wow, the new Miss America is gorgeous!(Well, each new one usually is, right?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 58 min Agents of Corruption 1,126,694
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr mahz 50,620
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Sgt Prepper 179,386
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 3 hr Just Saying 54,525
Perfect for Halloween 3 hr Harem 1
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 5 hr Godly 18
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr truth-facts 47,496
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]