“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#91444 Sep 16, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91445 Sep 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
So any Chicagoans (or non-Chicagoans) catch that Bears game?
I was exhausted after watching that!
The ending was incredible, a perfect pass from the Qb i usually hate...lol...he does have a rifle arm, when he feels up to it.....

Location hidden

#91446 Sep 16, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen the Twitter backlash against the AMERICAN woman of Indian descent that won the Miss America contest yesterday? Seriously, what year is it again? 1913?
We could'nt believe how incredibly beautiful she is.....great coloring and wife said, that yellow gown is perfect with her skin....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#91447 Sep 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
We should trace edogs lineage. I can only imagine what we would find.
He's just an ill-informed dumbbell. Indians are ARYAN, as in yanno, caucasian. <smfh> He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ignorant. And racist. Don't forget racist.

Location hidden

#91448 Sep 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they were lacking a lot in defense and in offensive communication. They did show, however, the desire and the ability to win when they want to.
I could NOT believe they won. It was a phenomenal end.
That ending, along with Michigan's Goal line stand, aqainest Akron. with time running out....saved my weekend....lol....Imagine beating Notre Dame, then being upset by Akron?....lol....

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#91449 Sep 16, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>sorority girls give you the impression of peeps looking to fight the power?
Exactly. I can safely say that at Alabama, these girls are the most caving-to-peer-pressure people I have ever met. They will do just about anything to fit in and look cool. No way do they want to rock the greek boat.

Don't get me wrong; I think these girls, as individuals, probably have no problem with having a black girl in their sorority. But they want to be in the sorority sooooo badly, that they swallow their personal feelings to fit in.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91450 Sep 16, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/l ocal/laporte/michigan-city/off icial--year-old-boy-killed-dur ing-gun-related-game/article_0 191550e-2ad6-56b3-98b9-a12b11c 8ab4f.html
Awesome game, dude.
What a freakin' idiot. And probably a liar. Kid probably pissed him off so he shot and killed him.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#91451 Sep 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they were lacking a lot in defense and in offensive communication. They did show, however, the desire and the ability to win when they want to.
I could NOT believe they won. It was a phenomenal end.
I'd like to think the forth quarter rally was skill, but... Yeah, when the Vikings scored on the opening kickoff, I thought the Bears were gonna get crushed. Have to say that was one of the greatest Bears games I've seen in a while.

Location hidden

#91452 Sep 16, 2013
Pray For Her Math Students
BOOKSTORE | ASHEVILLE, NC, USA | BOOKS & READING, CRIMINAL/ILLEGAL, MONEY
(As the manager of a large bookstore, part of my job is to call customers who have written bad checks to arrange payment. I call one such customer. I identify myself and verify that I am speaking to the check-writer.)

Me:“I’m calling in regard to a check you wrote for $534 on [date]. It has been returned for insufficient funds, so we’ll need you to come by—”

Customer:“Oh my God! I can’t believe you’re calling me about this! I gave you the books back!”

Me:“I’m sorry? You gave them back? Did you speak to anyone?”

Customer:“Of course! I gave them to the cashier and filled out paperwork!”

(On a hunch, I search the returns for her name. She did return the books, and got a cash refund.)

Me:“Okay, I see you brought them back on [date] and got a cash refund. Is that right?”

Customer:“Yes! And you should be fired for calling me at home for no reason!”

Me:“Ma’am, you still have to pay for the bounced check.”

Customer:“What? I don’t have the books! I am not paying for books I don’t have!”

Me:“You wrote a bad check for merchandise, then returned the merchandise for cash. But the check is still worthless and has to be paid.”

Customer:“What kind of idiot are you? Listen carefully: I. Do. Not. Have. Your. Books. I gave them back and that’s the end of it.”

Me:“I’m afraid it doesn’t matter whether you have the books or not. Now, instead of books, you have our money and we still have a worthless check. You really need to take care of this, or it will be a police matter. I’m sure you don’t want me to go to the magistrate.”

Customer:“Are you calling me a thief?! If you turn me into the police, I’ll have YOU arrested for false reports! I’ll have your job for this! I am a school teacher! I teach math!”

Me:“Ma’am. I need you to follow along here. You wrote a bad check for merchandise, and then returned that merchandise for cash. That is fraud, and it is in an amount that can get you in serious trouble.”

(The customer screams about how I am trying to rob her of money, then hangs up. I phone back a few days later, to give her another chance. Still furious, she sticks to her guns. I try my best, but she just won’t listen or try to understand. After sending her several certified demand letters, I have no choice but to file a criminal complaint. And being over $400, it is a felony fraud charge. Not long afterward, I get a final phone call from her.)

Customer:“ARE YOU THE B**** WHO SENT THE POLICE TO MY SCHOOL?!”

Me:“Ma’am, I had to turn your NSF check over for prosecution because you refused to pay. I gave you many chances to avoid that.”

Customer:“I MIGHT LOSE MY JOB! I have never been so humiliated! I’m going to sue you and your company for this! You are going to jail for what you’re doing to me!”

Me:“Well, ma’am, I’ve tried everything to make you understand, so do what you think you need to do.”

(Ultimately, she is found guilty and told to pay the check and fee, plus court costs. Even when the magistrate explains it to her, she refuses to believe that she owes the money.)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91453 Sep 16, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>sorority girls give you the impression of peeps looking to fight the power?
Not really. However, girls that age can be very idealistic and some rigid in their thinking. A generalization, of course.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91454 Sep 16, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>That ending, along with Michigan's Goal line stand, aqainest Akron. with time running out....saved my weekend....lol....Imagine beating Notre Dame, then being upset by Akron?....lol....
I heard about Michigan's game. The ref screwed up is what I heard. Of course, I heard that from a Michigan alum.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91455 Sep 16, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I can safely say that at Alabama, these girls are the most caving-to-peer-pressure people I have ever met. They will do just about anything to fit in and look cool. No way do they want to rock the greek boat.
Don't get me wrong; I think these girls, as individuals, probably have no problem with having a black girl in their sorority. But they want to be in the sorority sooooo badly, that they swallow their personal feelings to fit in.
That's sad.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#91456 Sep 16, 2013
squishymama wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/alabama- sorority-sisters-blame-racist- alumnae-black-candidates-13020 8396.html
I had a really nasty flashback when I saw the photo of the Tri Delts. I'm so glad to see that after so many years, nothing has changed. <sarcasm font needed>
Wow. Just wow.

Good for the philanthropy chair that quit. If I was in one of those groups and saw that happen, I'd quit too.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#91457 Sep 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
What a freakin' idiot. And probably a liar. Kid probably pissed him off so he shot and killed him.
For sure. I'm guessing the other kid in the house is biologically his and the dead kid was just in the way.:-(

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#91458 Sep 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt it. Who regularly points the trigger at a little kid and pulls the trigger for fun?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91459 Sep 16, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/l ocal/laporte/michigan-city/off icial--year-old-boy-killed-dur ing-gun-related-game/article_0 191550e-2ad6-56b3-98b9-a12b11c 8ab4f.html
Awesome game, dude.
Why the hell isn't he at least charged with manslaughter? I don't believe the "game" thing. Where the hell is the mother? Letting this idiot play that "game" -- she's just a culpable in my view if she knew about this game.

Why do people live on this Earth like this?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#91460 Sep 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
(As the manager of a large bookstore, part of my job is to call customers who have written bad checks to arrange payment. I call one such customer. I identify myself and verify that I am speaking to the check-writer.)
Me:“I’m calling in regard to a check you wrote for $534 on [date]. It has been returned for insufficient funds, so we’ll need you to come by—”
Customer:“Oh my God! I can’t believe you’re calling me about this! I gave you the books back!”
Me:“I’m sorry? You gave them back? Did you speak to anyone?”
Customer:“Of course! I gave them to the cashier and filled out paperwork!”
(On a hunch, I search the returns for her name. She did return the books, and got a cash refund.)
Me:“Okay, I see you brought them back on [date] and got a cash refund. Is that right?”
Customer:“Yes! And you should be fired for calling me at home for no reason!”
Me:“Ma’am, you still have to pay for the bounced check.”
Customer:“What? I don’t have the books! I am not paying for books I don’t have!”
Me:“You wrote a bad check for merchandise, then returned the merchandise for cash. But the check is still worthless and has to be paid.”
Customer:“What kind of idiot are you? Listen carefully: I. Do. Not. Have. Your. Books. I gave them back and that’s the end of it.”
Me:“I’m afraid it doesn’t matter whether you have the books or not. Now, instead of books, you have our money and we still have a worthless check. You really need to take care of this, or it will be a police matter. I’m sure you don’t want me to go to the magistrate.”
Customer:“Are you calling me a thief?! If you turn me into the police, I’ll have YOU arrested for false reports! I’ll have your job for this! I am a school teacher! I teach math!”
Me:“Ma’am. I need you to follow along here. You wrote a bad check for merchandise, and then returned that merchandise for cash. That is fraud, and it is in an amount that can get you in serious trouble.”
(The customer screams about how I am trying to rob her of money, then hangs up. I phone back a few days later, to give her another chance. Still furious, she sticks to her guns. I try my best, but she just won’t listen or try to understand. After sending her several certified demand letters, I have no choice but to file a criminal complaint. And being over $400, it is a felony fraud charge. Not long afterward, I get a final phone call from her.)
Customer:“ARE YOU THE B**** WHO SENT THE POLICE TO MY SCHOOL?!”
Me:“Ma’am, I had to turn your NSF check over for prosecution because you refused to pay. I gave you many chances to avoid that.”
Customer:“I MIGHT LOSE MY JOB! I have never been so humiliated! I’m going to sue you and your company for this! You are going to jail for what you’re doing to me!”
Me:“Well, ma’am, I’ve tried everything to make you understand, so do what you think you need to do.”
(Ultimately, she is found guilty and told to pay the check and fee, plus court costs. Even when the magistrate explains it to her, she refuses to believe that she owes the money.)
*facepalm*
I don't miss working in retail.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#91461 Sep 16, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just an ill-informed dumbbell. Indians are ARYAN, as in yanno, caucasian. <smfh> He is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ignorant. And racist. Don't forget racist.
The whole Aryan thing was a myth, according to my understanding, but they are considered caucasian. Here is a picture of albino indians and they have rather European like features, IMO:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/06/in...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91462 Sep 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Another example of a person and I'm wondering why that person is on this Earth. And TEACHING! And we wonder why kids aren't learning.

Not as bad as the gun game guy, though.

Location hidden

#91463 Sep 16, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. However, girls that age can be very idealistic and some rigid in their thinking. A generalization, of course.
Did you read the comments? THere were some good ones, including from a woman who was pointing out that she can't fault a 19, 20 year old college student for not having balls of steel in this situation. At that age, they're still navigating the waters of life and thinking about their futures.

She said it better than I paraphrased. But she saved most of her disappointment and judgment for the adults *out of college*-- the alums who didn't let the black girls join the sororities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques Ottawa 181,878
Amy 12-22 3 min PEllen 4
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min No Surprize 1,154,353
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min scirocco 68,891
Abby 12-22 21 min RACE 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 55 min Eric 71,120
amy 12-21 57 min RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:38 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:38PM
Indianapolis Colts vs. Dallas Cowboys: Video Highlights and Recap from Week 16
Bleacher Report 6:00 PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?