Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91397 Sep 15, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
I don't pay much attention to handicap parking scofflaws.
Tonka, I have a computer guru coming over tomorrow morning to try and fire up my computer.
Went to Fry's today and kinda chewed the guy out when he started laughing about my problem. I had to remind him that I did buy it off them originally. It's only a few years old and has always worked fine for me.
It's just really disappointing that I may have to shell out a few hundred dollars because someone hacked my system.
I'll let you know what happens.
Wow, Good luck with the techguy....we really need to get one again...our guy moved to Atlanta, though we should try him....Atlanta's not what many think...lol....i get tons of cookies, and i doubt that topix is blameless.....it just gets slower and slower sometimes....

Location hidden

#91398 Sep 15, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
so close yet so far for me on some of the stuff from germany.... haven't been to oktoberfest (too many people for my liking) and we haven't made it to the big castle. while we haven't made it to frankfurt for the christmas market, we have been to nurnburg (sp?) which was the first, adn the one in hte big square in munich, which is very large.
Years ago, i was at a traditional Spring Market in Munich, but have always wanted to see the Nurnburg, as that Christmas is supposed to be wonderful...what did you think? How cold was it?...lol...i am wimpy now, about cold....I loved Germany....
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91399 Sep 15, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Edog was being a doosh and it pissedmeoff. There are only *so many* handicapped spots so if people get all butt hurt because one isn't available, they need help. I mean I don't get all pushed out of shape when I go to the grocery store and they are all taken, I just find the next closest spot.
FWIW when there are spots close enough, and it doesn't impose a severe problem for me...that is if it doesn't take 30 minutes to walk 20 feet, I will park in other than disabled because I figure there might be someone who needs it more than I do; wheelchair, van with a lift for a wheelchair, someone with crutches or a cane (I don't need a cane right now, though it is in my car just in case). Actually this is the case probably 9/10 times because I try to patronize places that aren't crazy packed with people. Not for parking reasons more for I don't like people reasons. <shrug>
That's generous of you.
Those old codgers p!ss me off when there is no spot. I only help once a year for an event and they get nasty and will yell at our student volunteers. Uncool. I don't care how old and feeble you think you are, you do not get innappropriate with teen volunteers doing what we ask. The entitlement over that dumb decal is astounding, lol.
If you bring the form to a dr the office usually puts a "sign here" tabby and it gets in the file. I'm convinced most docs just sign without even seeing what it is! They rely on staff frighteningly too much.
My mom has one and I hate it. She has disabilities but honestly--walking is the very thing she needs!!
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91400 Sep 15, 2013
Jumping of pellen, every place has abuses, which is why we are going bankrupt in a flash!

Get this crap: my brother was declared disabled (I don't think anyone would argue his was one of only like 3 that are auto-accepted).
My granny got about $7/month in food stamps and asked about bro--lady freaking approved it with NO proof! We used it for water and supplies, naturally, but after he passed, they kept sending them, even though I notified everyone!
We are not thieves. Mom had to drive down and tell them he was gone and stop sending them.

Now spread that disgust to the nation....gross.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#91401 Sep 15, 2013
Of course you do!
I have a 2TB that is in the safe, I pull it out, backup what I want and then put it back. Sucks that you cant back up the entire OS.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Not necessarily. Can unplug from one and plug into the other as needed. I have mine plugged into the desktop and shared over the home network and access it wirelessly from the lap top

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#91402 Sep 15, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
That's generous of you.
Those old codgers p!ss me off when there is no spot. I only help once a year for an event and they get nasty and will yell at our student volunteers. Uncool. I don't care how old and feeble you think you are, you do not get innappropriate with teen volunteers doing what we ask. The entitlement over that dumb decal is astounding, lol.
If you bring the form to a dr the office usually puts a "sign here" tabby and it gets in the file. I'm convinced most docs just sign without even seeing what it is! They rely on staff frighteningly too much.
My mom has one and I hate it. She has disabilities but honestly--walking is the very thing she needs!!
Honestly a lot of people from that Great Depression/WW2 age cohort piss me off too. I completely understand what you mean by the entitlement attitude; "I am X years old so I can act any way/do anything/say anything I want to." Yeah no, getting old doesn't equal reverting to being 2 years old. If it *does* then I as an adult get to make decisions for you. Make up your mind then; you are either an adult with all that entails including politeness, or you are a 2 year old and you defer to me to make choices for you...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#91403 Sep 15, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't know how it works in FL, but here you don't just give it to the staff.

When I lived in Las Vegas almost every old person had one. I referred to it as "old peoples' parking" because like you I was convinced that the doctors there just signed if someone was past a certain age.

Granted pretty much everyone post age 60 has physical issues of some type...just part of the aging process, but not everyone that age is going to have a need for a placard.

Unfortunately I think in some areas with a high concentration of an aging population it almost is automatic for the doctors to just sign it because they can easily justify a medical reason for almost everyone over 60.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91404 Sep 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
Of course you do!
I have a 2TB that is in the safe, I pull it out, backup what I want and then put it back. Sucks that you cant back up the entire OS.
<quoted text>
???
You most certainly can. Just need software designed to do it. Acronis true image will clone the entire disk

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91405 Sep 15, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how it works in FL, but here you don't just give it to the staff.
When I lived in Las Vegas almost every old person had one. I referred to it as "old peoples' parking" because like you I was convinced that the doctors there just signed if someone was past a certain age.
Granted pretty much everyone post age 60 has physical issues of some type...just part of the aging process, but not everyone that age is going to have a need for a placard.
Unfortunately I think in some areas with a high concentration of an aging population it almost is automatic for the doctors to just sign it because they can easily justify a medical reason for almost everyone over 60.
Over 60? Come on....I'm way past that and even though you're generalizing you would be more accurate for over 75.
I know I can't get one (never asked) for just having a pinched nerve in my foot that is painful. There is a shot for that. I guess I'm fortunate that I don't need it.
I see so much abuse here at the grocery store it makes me crazy. Young kids getting out of a car with a placard, but I would never accost them re this. The odds are that they don't need it and they're driving grandma's car.

Even my friend whose knees are really bad got one good for only a few months.
more things change

Schaumburg, IL

#91406 Sep 15, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
Jumping of pellen, every place has abuses, which is why we are going bankrupt in a flash!
Get this crap: my brother was declared disabled (I don't think anyone would argue his was one of only like 3 that are auto-accepted).
My granny got about $7/month in food stamps and asked about bro--lady freaking approved it with NO proof! We used it for water and supplies, naturally, but after he passed, they kept sending them, even though I notified everyone!
We are not thieves. Mom had to drive down and tell them he was gone and stop sending them.
Now spread that disgust to the nation....gross.
Even worse, they give far more to able-bodied corporations, billions and billions more! I fail to see how granny getting $7 a month is breaking the country. Maybe your college educated, christian self can explain that in greater detail? For extra credit, enlighten as to why Exxon and other mega-billion dollar corporations DO deserve welfare (OK- "tax breaks"). BTW, every dollar they take from poor and hungry children, where do you think that money will go? It's not earmarked for infrastructure or even the military. What could possibly be more important that assisting poor Americans?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91407 Sep 15, 2013
How did the hairstylist win the race?

She took a short cut!

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#91408 Sep 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Years ago, i was at a traditional Spring Market in Munich, but have always wanted to see the Nurnburg, as that Christmas is supposed to be wonderful...what did you think? How cold was it?...lol...i am wimpy now, about cold....I loved Germany....
we were expecting close to 40 degrees, but got 20 and sloppy snow. it was pretty, and i got some nice photos - did a photo card fro the first time. we also went south to teh mountains, so pretty with the snow... should be a photo in the dictionary under "festive winter scene".

too bad when my brother moves back later this year they're moving to picturesque... Dayton...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91409 Sep 15, 2013
more things change wrote:
<quoted text>Even worse, they give far more to able-bodied corporations, billions and billions more! I fail to see how granny getting $7 a month is breaking the country. Maybe your college educated, christian self can explain that in greater detail? For extra credit, enlighten as to why Exxon and other mega-billion dollar corporations DO deserve welfare (OK- "tax breaks"). BTW, every dollar they take from poor and hungry children, where do you think that money will go? It's not earmarked for infrastructure or even the military. What could possibly be more important that assisting poor Americans?
My college-educated, Christian self....wow....did I offend you and now you're using irrelevant facts to garner a reaction?
I have no idea who you are--and I think I'll keep it that way.
You can research welfare corruption yourself.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91410 Sep 15, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
How did the hairstylist win the race?
She took a short cut!
Bahah! I love giving puns for bellwork and will add this to the list.
Making fun of you

Schaumburg, IL

#91411 Sep 15, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
My college-educated, Christian self....wow....did I offend you and now you're using irrelevant facts to garner a reaction?
I have no idea who you are--and I think I'll keep it that way.
You can research welfare corruption yourself.
I was taunting you because I know you're a teacher and you have zero regard for sentence structure. No wonder you support a party that devalues education. You're not much on it yourself. I've already researched welfare corruption at the individual level and I know it's a drop in the bucket- a mole hill to the mountain of waste involved with corporate welfare. So, you're neither a math not Civics teacher either, are you? Do you have to "no" imaginary people on the internet to engage them?

Location hidden

#91412 Sep 15, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
we were expecting close to 40 degrees, but got 20 and sloppy snow. it was pretty, and i got some nice photos - did a photo card fro the first time. we also went south to teh mountains, so pretty with the snow... should be a photo in the dictionary under "festive winter scene".
too bad when my brother moves back later this year they're moving to picturesque... Dayton...
Yeah, i guess today's Dayton might ssem a downgrade, after picturesque Deutchland....Even though, after awhile overseas...i alway's feel a warmth, landing back here....We had a 21 day Eurailpass, which was a godsend....if it get's cold or you tire of someplace, just walk to the train stations...it was great....it snowed in Munich and Zurich, so we went to Florence, where it was in the 60's....lol...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91413 Sep 15, 2013
Making fun of you wrote:
No wonder you support a party that devalues education.
I thought Republicans value wealthy business owners? Don't you need an education for that? I thought they devalued those who suck off the teat of the working man, those with no education or the desire to get one? Isn't that what YOUR party supports?

More hypocrisy. Go fig.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91414 Sep 15, 2013
Making fun of you wrote:
<quoted text>I was taunting you because I know you're a teacher and you have zero regard for sentence structure. No wonder you support a party that devalues education. You're not much on it yourself. I've already researched welfare corruption at the individual level and I know it's a drop in the bucket- a mole hill to the mountain of waste involved with corporate welfare. So, you're neither a math not Civics teacher either, are you? Do you have to "no" imaginary people on the internet to engage them?
Your taunts need work.
Not much on education myself....wow again....no, I don't teach math or civics. Yes, I see you have a psychotic passion against corporate, for your own personal reasons, I'm sure. Not really my problem.
But your interest in goading me is flattering, so thank you!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91415 Sep 15, 2013
So Tonka Jr. comes down to the living room and tells me that mom said since he's 7 now, he can go to sleep later, at either 8:50 or 9pm, and that I'm supposed to choose. First I've heard of this, so I say 8:50. The 4 yr old comes down and they want to watch tv. So I let them watch the kids on demand channel. At 8:20, the older one tells the other, we have time for one more show, then it will be 8:30 and you have to go to bed, but I don't have to go to bed till 8:50 cause I'm older. Younger one starts wailing that that's not fair. I quietly head upstairs and say good job, MOM. And tell her what just went on. That little stinker. She says she never said any such thing. So I call him up and stone cold bust him.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#91416 Sep 15, 2013
That's pretty funny, Tonka. LOL
Kids say and do the dardest things sometimes.
I betchya see yourself sometimes in lil' Tonka Jr.

Hey, got my computer fixed and did it myself. I found the owner's manual and read the trouble-shooting guide (this is true), and went through the whole thing.
The last resort option when all else fails was a system restore feature that can be accessed by pressing the F11 key as soon as the company logo appears after the computer is turned on.
Just did it a few minutes ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,110,758
OnePotChefShow 9 min Tan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 50 min andet1987 621
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,396
Amy 9-18 2 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr loose cannon 178,068
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••