Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
You want medical reasons?
No, and I said as much. If you really need it, fine. I was just asking. No need to be a btch about it. But I guess that's something you just can't help. Might want to add "bitchfornoreason" to your list. But I doubt you can get a handicap sticker for that.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely nothing. That was not my point at all.
Well what WAS your point? Or was this just rambling just to ramble?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>But in your example, you had no idea if she was abusing the system and therefore had to ask a completely out of line question to a total stranger on a guess that could have been wrong and you probably would have been offended if she told you to gfy.
Yeah, so I took the risk. It's the only time I've done that, so I feel I had some intuition or something.
But again, we have different views, which is fine.
You act like I was flaying baby seals alive.
I am not a threat to this nation...go after all the people abusing the system on my dime, slowly turning us into a 3rd world nation.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fuckyou!!!!!!!!!! Yes I need it. If I didn't need it my doctors, who are ETHICAL (look it up) would never have signed the paper.
You sound like you need it, but let's be honest...getting a doctor to sign that single little paper is no great feat.

And I'm NOT saying you are this (just keeping this thought on this same reponse), but so many people with handicapped decals get so angry when no handicapped spot is available.
I've parked cars for events and they yell at you if there is no spot. "But I have a handicapped decal!" as if we can create a spot that doesn't exist.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
If a dude has sex with a prostitute without her consent, is that rape or shoplifting?
As wrong as that sentence is, it's hilarious!

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Tonka! Regarding using a handicapped placard and people making assumptions...must have been kismet or something.
So today while I was out doing stuff someone (at Walmart!!!) decided to question my use of my handicapped placard. I told her to mind her own business and kept walking. She told me she was calling the police. I kept walking. She's yelling at me "you have to stay here until the police come! Come back, you can't go anywhere. This is a citizen's arrest!" I stopped, but only because I started laughing.
I went in to the store and about the time I came out lo and behold, there was a police officer talking to her. She waited a whole half an hour just to harass me. So the cop asked me if it was my car/placard and I said yeah and he asked for the wallet card that matched the placard. I gave it to him along with my ID registration and insurance stuff. I am so legal it's not even funny.
You could see the expression on his face change in about a second. He went OFF on Nosey Rosie about wasting his time, taking him away from real crime, etc. She is to assume that anyone with a placard has a right to use it unless she knows that person personally and knows it's not theirs, and THEN she should report it to the DMV and not waste time of the police.
So there were people watching this right? And after he gives me my stuff back and thanks me for cooperating (as if there was a choice) he told me if I was interested in calling a lawyer there might be a civil action I could take against the dumbbitch (he didn't call her that). I wouldn't waste my time, but nice to know that popo was on my side.
Awesome that the police told you about a civil suit. Dumbbitch! There are certain things that are private, yanno? Dumbbitch.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Many a year back, an investigative reporter on at a local station around here did a report about how easy it was to attain a handicap placard, even though you may not be "truly" handicapped.
Maybe someone with flat feet can get one. Maybe you can get one if you have a "heart defect." Hey, I have an irregular heartbeat. Could I qualify?
My point is, any yahoo can go to his doctor and say he has a sore knee. Then with a Dr's note, apply for, and get, a handicap sticker. Maybe people are abusing the system from within? Taking advantage of something that wasn't really meant for them.
Not to accuse you of anything or ask you to share your medical condition, but do you REALLY need that sticker? Or do you just have some excuse that allows you to get the best parking spots?
Nunya.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, and I said as much. If you really need it, fine. I was just asking. No need to be a btch about it. But I guess that's something you just can't help. Might want to add "bitchfornoreason" to your list. But I doubt you can get a handicap sticker for that.
how about you add assfornoreason to your list.
not all doctors give those things out for minor ills.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
how about you add assfornoreason to your list.
not all doctors give those things out for minor ills.
and if they do, dog has no way of knowing and can do nothing about it either way. except be dick and accuse them of not REALLY being handicapped.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Well what WAS your point? Or was this just rambling just to ramble?
I was not offering opinion on what to "do" about people gaming the system. My point was the system can be abused.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
and if they do, dog has no way of knowing and can do nothing about it either way.
And this is not my argument! So ramble on, I will not engage in an argument that only exists in your head. You're just mad because I pointed out your inconsistency.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not offering opinion on what to "do" about people gaming the system. My point was the system can be abused.
Big news. Not!

Every friggin system can be abused. Name one that can't.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
>>but do you REALLY need that sticker?<<

Yeah, bitchfornoreason? WhattheFUCK is this then? Casting aspersions on my character much?

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you need it, but let's be honest...getting a doctor to sign that single little paper is no great feat.
And I'm NOT saying you are this (just keeping this thought on this same reponse), but so many people with handicapped decals get so angry when no handicapped spot is available.
I've parked cars for events and they yell at you if there is no spot. "But I have a handicapped decal!" as if we can create a spot that doesn't exist.
True. Edog was being a doosh and it pissedmeoff. There are only *so many* handicapped spots so if people get all butt hurt because one isn't available, they need help. I mean I don't get all pushed out of shape when I go to the grocery store and they are all taken, I just find the next closest spot.

FWIW when there are spots close enough, and it doesn't impose a severe problem for me...that is if it doesn't take 30 minutes to walk 20 feet, I will park in other than disabled because I figure there might be someone who needs it more than I do; wheelchair, van with a lift for a wheelchair, someone with crutches or a cane (I don't need a cane right now, though it is in my car just in case). Actually this is the case probably 9/10 times because I try to patronize places that aren't crazy packed with people. Not for parking reasons more for I don't like people reasons. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome that the police told you about a civil suit. Dumbbitch! There are certain things that are private, yanno? Dumbbitch.
Right? I wouldn't spend the time doing it. First I'm better than her, second, what would I get anyway a hundred bucks punitive money and court costs? Not even worth the time to file it. But yeah cool cop.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Casting aspersions on my character much?
Given the way you act on here, yes.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Edog was being a doosh and it pissedmeoff.
I asked a question. If that pissedyouoff and makes me a doosh, that's on you.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Toj wrote:
Every friggin system can be abused.
Exactly my point. Thanks for understanding.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
>>but do you REALLY need that sticker?<<
Yeah, bitchfornoreason? WhattheFUCK is this then? Casting aspersions on my character much?
I am not defending eDog here.

I think the question is whether the parking placards should be confined to people who have mobility limitations or whether they should also be available to people with exertional limitations.

The Chicago area has had some pretty big abuses. There are on-street parking spaces which are free for people with handicap stickers. Meter parking for the rest of us is astronomical. People use relatives stickers. People without stickers at all park there.

A few years back there was an expose abut doctors who would write the note for a placard for anyone who asked. I knew, first hand, one guy who got one because he carried a diagnosis of paranoia- nothing else. Personally, I don't think the system was meant for that sort of thing. The question is where do you draw a line?

I applaud your initiative and tenacity to travel the places you have been. I wish I could go some of those places. I am truly envious. Others I have been to.

I am also familiar with the diseases on your list. You have been dealt a rotten hand, no doubt about it.How do you cope when you have a flare up someplace like Nepal or Morocco?

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

I don't pay much attention to handicap parking scofflaws.
Tonka, I have a computer guru coming over tomorrow morning to try and fire up my computer.
Went to Fry's today and kinda chewed the guy out when he started laughing about my problem. I had to remind him that I did buy it off them originally. It's only a few years old and has always worked fine for me.
It's just really disappointing that I may have to shell out a few hundred dollars because someone hacked my system.
I'll let you know what happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min THE DEVIL 1,080,384
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 17 min andet1987 465
No people will be punchlines in 'Racist Jokes 101' 58 min FOOK U2 Azz Holes 6
McCarthy: 'Very good leads' in investigation in... 1 hr McCarthy B An Azz Hole 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 174,662
Good Ol' Harry............A True GEM. 1 hr Did he killmost at 1 Time 4
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 1 hr Very concerned citizen 1
Abby 7-24 Thu Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••