|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah it kind of does. I actually had a reaction to reading it...it was like eww dude, quit being so "sensitive." I mean understand (I'm sure you do) that I like guys to be sensitive, I like sharing of thoughts and feelings, all of that, it's an important part of relationships. But this sounds too girly and is a major turn off. I bet this is a big reason he can't find "one good woman."
Share your thought and feelings with your SO, not the entire Facebook world.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame the offensive coordinator, not Muschamp. Not yet, anyway....
Blame falls at the foot of the head coach. Bobby caught all sorts of shit for letting Jeffrey run the offense.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Anyone been to any of the places on this site?

http://www.placestoseeinyourlifetime.com

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Share your thought and feelings with your SO, not the entire Facebook world.
?? He has no SO. That's what he's whining about.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>You can never have too much storage. And if you re someone that has lots of multimedia...movies take up lots of space. Higher qulity audio takes up lots of space. High quality photos take up lots of space.
And yes. You can get it for the mac. In fact, I don't think its a separate version. I think its simply compatible with both mac and pc.
I suppose I'd have to have two, one for PC and one for laptop?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Who needs that much storage? Wonder if I can get one for Mac....
Costco store by me has 1 TB for $64, I think 3 TB is around $119; check their on line store.

I am going to survey my family to see if there is an extra one around before I buy something.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose I'd have to have two, one for PC and one for laptop?
Not necessarily. Can unplug from one and plug into the other as needed. I have mine plugged into the desktop and shared over the home network and access it wirelessly from the lap top

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Not necessarily. Can unplug from one and plug into the other as needed. I have mine plugged into the desktop and shared over the home network and access it wirelessly from the lap top
That's the answer I was hoping for. does it matter if they're different OS. XP vs 7.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the answer I was hoping for. does it matter if they're different OS. XP vs 7.
no idea. never used a mac. don't know anything about sharing between mac and pc over the network

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Tonka! Regarding using a handicapped placard and people making assumptions...must have been kismet or something.

So today while I was out doing stuff someone (at Walmart!!!) decided to question my use of my handicapped placard. I told her to mind her own business and kept walking. She told me she was calling the police. I kept walking. She's yelling at me "you have to stay here until the police come! Come back, you can't go anywhere. This is a citizen's arrest!" I stopped, but only because I started laughing.

I went in to the store and about the time I came out lo and behold, there was a police officer talking to her. She waited a whole half an hour just to harass me. So the cop asked me if it was my car/placard and I said yeah and he asked for the wallet card that matched the placard. I gave it to him along with my ID registration and insurance stuff. I am so legal it's not even funny.

You could see the expression on his face change in about a second. He went OFF on Nosey Rosie about wasting his time, taking him away from real crime, etc. She is to assume that anyone with a placard has a right to use it unless she knows that person personally and knows it's not theirs, and THEN she should report it to the DMV and not waste time of the police.

So there were people watching this right? And after he gives me my stuff back and thanks me for cooperating (as if there was a choice) he told me if I was interested in calling a lawyer there might be a civil action I could take against the dumbbitch (he didn't call her that). I wouldn't waste my time, but nice to know that popo was on my side.

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Anyone been to any of the places on this site?
http://www.placestoseeinyourlifetime.com
1) The Giant's Causeway
2) Aspen
3) Montreal
4) Hawaii, but not that specific place in Hawaii
5) Bangladesh but again not that specific place.

6) All the American cities they linked here: http://www.placestoseeinyourlifetime.com/top-...
7) Italy
8) Nepal
10 Bonus: I've seen an Aurora from Alaska and from the Yukon.
And a bunch of places not on the list too.

What do I win?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Tonka! Regarding using a handicapped placard and people making assumptions...must have been kismet or something.
So today while I was out doing stuff someone (at Walmart!!!) decided to question my use of my handicapped placard. I told her to mind her own business and kept walking. She told me she was calling the police. I kept walking. She's yelling at me "you have to stay here until the police come! Come back, you can't go anywhere. This is a citizen's arrest!" I stopped, but only because I started laughing.
I went in to the store and about the time I came out lo and behold, there was a police officer talking to her. She waited a whole half an hour just to harass me. So the cop asked me if it was my car/placard and I said yeah and he asked for the wallet card that matched the placard. I gave it to him along with my ID registration and insurance stuff. I am so legal it's not even funny.
You could see the expression on his face change in about a second. He went OFF on Nosey Rosie about wasting his time, taking him away from real crime, etc. She is to assume that anyone with a placard has a right to use it unless she knows that person personally and knows it's not theirs, and THEN she should report it to the DMV and not waste time of the police.
So there were people watching this right? And after he gives me my stuff back and thanks me for cooperating (as if there was a choice) he told me if I was interested in calling a lawyer there might be a civil action I could take against the dumbbitch (he didn't call her that). I wouldn't waste my time, but nice to know that popo was on my side.
Any parting words of wisdom for or from Nosey Rosie?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
HAve a problem with something I might be doing? Call a cop. Call a security guard. Call someone who might actually have some authority. Otherwise, zip it and move along.
Mister Tonka wrote:
-witnessing a violent act in progress that you can try to stop
-witnessing an act that is not violent, may or may not be illegal
Well, which is it? Try to intervene or just call a cop?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
If a dude has sex with a prostitute without her consent, is that rape or shoplifting?
His lucky day?.....

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Many a year back, an investigative reporter on at a local station around here did a report about how easy it was to attain a handicap placard, even though you may not be "truly" handicapped.

Maybe someone with flat feet can get one. Maybe you can get one if you have a "heart defect." Hey, I have an irregular heartbeat. Could I qualify?

My point is, any yahoo can go to his doctor and say he has a sore knee. Then with a Dr's note, apply for, and get, a handicap sticker. Maybe people are abusing the system from within? Taking advantage of something that wasn't really meant for them.

Not to accuse you of anything or ask you to share your medical condition, but do you REALLY need that sticker? Or do you just have some excuse that allows you to get the best parking spots?

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Any parting words of wisdom for or from Nosey Rosie?
Oh yeah LOL I forgot she was all like "hey, I'm sorry, I hope you understand..." I just got in my car and drove away. She already cut into my schedule for the day. I didn't have time to listen to her fake apology. You KNOW she still thought she did the right thing like it's ok to confront a perfect stranger about stuff that's not your business. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

How do I unlock my iPhone that I paid full price for? I mean I bought it, no discount, so why can't I use it on any network I want to? Anyone?

“What's it to ya?”

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

Not to accuse you of anything or ask you to share your medical condition, but do you REALLY need that sticker? Or do you just have some excuse that allows you to get the best parking spots?
Hey fuckyou!!!!!!!!!! Yes I need it. If I didn't need it my doctors, who are ETHICAL (look it up) would never have signed the paper.

You want medical reasons?

Systemic Lupus
Sjogren's syndrome
Fibromyalgia
Congestive Heart Failure
COPD

Any ONE of them would qualify me. Those are just the top five. There are more medical issues but this is all you're getting.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fuckyou!!!!!!!!!! Yes I need it. If I didn't need it my doctors, who are ETHICAL (look it up) would never have signed the paper.
You want medical reasons?
Systemic Lupus
Sjogren's syndrome
Fibromyalgia
Congestive Heart Failure
COPD
Any ONE of them would qualify me. Those are just the top five. There are more medical issues but this is all you're getting.
And even if someone is gaming the system, what does he think he can do about it in the parking lot? The cop only cares that you have the proper documentation. So edogg thnks you're gaming he system, calls a cop, you show cop your docs. Then what? Edogg has accomplished nothing except getting a lecture from the cops.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
And even if someone is gaming the system, what does he think he can do about it in the parking lot?
Absolutely nothing. That was not my point at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min TSM 1,084,027
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 175,153
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 8 min fassdle 527
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 9 min fassdle 6,591
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min SpaceBlues 45,905
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 11 min fassdle 3,852
1 dead 7 injured in Chicago shootings on Tuesday 29 min reality is a crutch 1
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••