“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91407 Sep 15, 2013
How did the hairstylist win the race?

She took a short cut!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#91408 Sep 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Years ago, i was at a traditional Spring Market in Munich, but have always wanted to see the Nurnburg, as that Christmas is supposed to be wonderful...what did you think? How cold was it?...lol...i am wimpy now, about cold....I loved Germany....
we were expecting close to 40 degrees, but got 20 and sloppy snow. it was pretty, and i got some nice photos - did a photo card fro the first time. we also went south to teh mountains, so pretty with the snow... should be a photo in the dictionary under "festive winter scene".

too bad when my brother moves back later this year they're moving to picturesque... Dayton...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91409 Sep 15, 2013
more things change wrote:
<quoted text>Even worse, they give far more to able-bodied corporations, billions and billions more! I fail to see how granny getting $7 a month is breaking the country. Maybe your college educated, christian self can explain that in greater detail? For extra credit, enlighten as to why Exxon and other mega-billion dollar corporations DO deserve welfare (OK- "tax breaks"). BTW, every dollar they take from poor and hungry children, where do you think that money will go? It's not earmarked for infrastructure or even the military. What could possibly be more important that assisting poor Americans?
My college-educated, Christian self....wow....did I offend you and now you're using irrelevant facts to garner a reaction?
I have no idea who you are--and I think I'll keep it that way.
You can research welfare corruption yourself.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91410 Sep 15, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
How did the hairstylist win the race?
She took a short cut!
Bahah! I love giving puns for bellwork and will add this to the list.
Making fun of you

Schaumburg, IL

#91411 Sep 15, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
My college-educated, Christian self....wow....did I offend you and now you're using irrelevant facts to garner a reaction?
I have no idea who you are--and I think I'll keep it that way.
You can research welfare corruption yourself.
I was taunting you because I know you're a teacher and you have zero regard for sentence structure. No wonder you support a party that devalues education. You're not much on it yourself. I've already researched welfare corruption at the individual level and I know it's a drop in the bucket- a mole hill to the mountain of waste involved with corporate welfare. So, you're neither a math not Civics teacher either, are you? Do you have to "no" imaginary people on the internet to engage them?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91412 Sep 15, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
we were expecting close to 40 degrees, but got 20 and sloppy snow. it was pretty, and i got some nice photos - did a photo card fro the first time. we also went south to teh mountains, so pretty with the snow... should be a photo in the dictionary under "festive winter scene".
too bad when my brother moves back later this year they're moving to picturesque... Dayton...
Yeah, i guess today's Dayton might ssem a downgrade, after picturesque Deutchland....Even though, after awhile overseas...i alway's feel a warmth, landing back here....We had a 21 day Eurailpass, which was a godsend....if it get's cold or you tire of someplace, just walk to the train stations...it was great....it snowed in Munich and Zurich, so we went to Florence, where it was in the 60's....lol...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91413 Sep 15, 2013
Making fun of you wrote:
No wonder you support a party that devalues education.
I thought Republicans value wealthy business owners? Don't you need an education for that? I thought they devalued those who suck off the teat of the working man, those with no education or the desire to get one? Isn't that what YOUR party supports?

More hypocrisy. Go fig.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91414 Sep 15, 2013
Making fun of you wrote:
<quoted text>I was taunting you because I know you're a teacher and you have zero regard for sentence structure. No wonder you support a party that devalues education. You're not much on it yourself. I've already researched welfare corruption at the individual level and I know it's a drop in the bucket- a mole hill to the mountain of waste involved with corporate welfare. So, you're neither a math not Civics teacher either, are you? Do you have to "no" imaginary people on the internet to engage them?
Your taunts need work.
Not much on education myself....wow again....no, I don't teach math or civics. Yes, I see you have a psychotic passion against corporate, for your own personal reasons, I'm sure. Not really my problem.
But your interest in goading me is flattering, so thank you!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91415 Sep 15, 2013
So Tonka Jr. comes down to the living room and tells me that mom said since he's 7 now, he can go to sleep later, at either 8:50 or 9pm, and that I'm supposed to choose. First I've heard of this, so I say 8:50. The 4 yr old comes down and they want to watch tv. So I let them watch the kids on demand channel. At 8:20, the older one tells the other, we have time for one more show, then it will be 8:30 and you have to go to bed, but I don't have to go to bed till 8:50 cause I'm older. Younger one starts wailing that that's not fair. I quietly head upstairs and say good job, MOM. And tell her what just went on. That little stinker. She says she never said any such thing. So I call him up and stone cold bust him.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#91416 Sep 15, 2013
That's pretty funny, Tonka. LOL
Kids say and do the dardest things sometimes.
I betchya see yourself sometimes in lil' Tonka Jr.

Hey, got my computer fixed and did it myself. I found the owner's manual and read the trouble-shooting guide (this is true), and went through the whole thing.
The last resort option when all else fails was a system restore feature that can be accessed by pressing the F11 key as soon as the company logo appears after the computer is turned on.
Just did it a few minutes ago.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#91417 Sep 15, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
So Tonka Jr. comes down to the living room and tells me that mom said since he's 7 now, he can go to sleep later, at either 8:50 or 9pm, and that I'm supposed to choose. First I've heard of this, so I say 8:50. The 4 yr old comes down and they want to watch tv. So I let them watch the kids on demand channel. At 8:20, the older one tells the other, we have time for one more show, then it will be 8:30 and you have to go to bed, but I don't have to go to bed till 8:50 cause I'm older. Younger one starts wailing that that's not fair. I quietly head upstairs and say good job, MOM. And tell her what just went on. That little stinker. She says she never said any such thing. So I call him up and stone cold bust him.
sounds like something A, the 4.5YO, woudl come up iwht... he's always looking for the loop hole, now. "but grandma, sometimes we can climb on our couch..." auntie replies (b/c grandma is busy getting hte 2.5YO to stop walking on toys): "but you can't walk on grandma's couch." "But sometimes..." "But Not... ON... Grandma's...." as i try to physically remove him from the couch without dislocating his shoulder...
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91418 Sep 15, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
So Tonka Jr. comes down to the living room and tells me that mom said since he's 7 now, he can go to sleep later, at either 8:50 or 9pm, and that I'm supposed to choose. First I've heard of this, so I say 8:50. The 4 yr old comes down and they want to watch tv. So I let them watch the kids on demand channel. At 8:20, the older one tells the other, we have time for one more show, then it will be 8:30 and you have to go to bed, but I don't have to go to bed till 8:50 cause I'm older. Younger one starts wailing that that's not fair. I quietly head upstairs and say good job, MOM. And tell her what just went on. That little stinker. She says she never said any such thing. So I call him up and stone cold bust him.
You haven't figured out by now to check with the missus, lol?
My mom always made me ask dad for stuff because I got my way more than her or bro! So wrong...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91419 Sep 16, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91420 Sep 16, 2013
That's awesome, Tonka!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91421 Sep 16, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
That's pretty funny, Tonka. LOL
Kids say and do the dardest things sometimes.
I betchya see yourself sometimes in lil' Tonka Jr.
Hey, got my computer fixed and did it myself. I found the owner's manual and read the trouble-shooting guide (this is true), and went through the whole thing.
The last resort option when all else fails was a system restore feature that can be accessed by pressing the F11 key as soon as the company logo appears after the computer is turned on.
Just did it a few minutes ago.
Good for you! Hope there wasn't saved files on there that were very important to you but at least it's working.

By the way, LC -- it's not the seller who is responsible for keeping virus' off your computer. You have to do that. Get Norton (or some other anti-virus -- someone here will know the best) and put it on your computer. Most you can download right from there site and get going on it. It's important to do that.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91422 Sep 16, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
So Tonka Jr. comes down to the living room and tells me that mom said since he's 7 now, he can go to sleep later, at either 8:50 or 9pm, and that I'm supposed to choose. First I've heard of this, so I say 8:50. The 4 yr old comes down and they want to watch tv. So I let them watch the kids on demand channel. At 8:20, the older one tells the other, we have time for one more show, then it will be 8:30 and you have to go to bed, but I don't have to go to bed till 8:50 cause I'm older. Younger one starts wailing that that's not fair. I quietly head upstairs and say good job, MOM. And tell her what just went on. That little stinker. She says she never said any such thing. So I call him up and stone cold bust him.
That kid of yours is brilliant and you and your wife are in SO much trouble when he gets to be in his teens.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91423 Sep 16, 2013
Nick thinks it's funny that the kids think they can lie about stuff that is easily found out. LIke "Yes, I brushed my teeth>" Oh, really? Then why is the sink dry and, your toothbrush is dry?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#91424 Sep 16, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Nick thinks it's funny that the kids think they can lie about stuff that is easily found out. LIke "Yes, I brushed my teeth>" Oh, really? Then why is the sink dry and, your toothbrush is dry?
I had a phase like that where I'd wet my toothbrush and the sink but not brush my teeth. I'd also put my seatbelt across my lap but not buckle it (such a rebel...). Then I figured out if I was doing all that work to lie, I should just maybe *do* it and be done.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#91425 Sep 16, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/alabama-sorority-sister...

I had a really nasty flashback when I saw the photo of the Tri Delts. I'm so glad to see that after so many years, nothing has changed. <sarcasm font needed>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91426 Sep 16, 2013
squishymama wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/alabama- sorority-sisters-blame-racist- alumnae-black-candidates-13020 8396.html
I had a really nasty flashback when I saw the photo of the Tri Delts. I'm so glad to see that after so many years, nothing has changed. <sarcasm font needed>
I go straight to the SNL sketch: Delta Delta Delta can I help ya help ya help ya?

Or college: Tri a Delt! Everyone else has!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Hobgoblin 1,172,922
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min red and right 50,349
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Barack the Yellow 183,799
amy 1-27 1 hr Mister Tonka 12
abby 1-26 1 hr Mister Tonka 45
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Red_Forman 4,961
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,363
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) Sun Irving 74
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots