“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#91343 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Partial post from that dude I went to HS with. Sounds like a woman complaining to her friends.
"I swear I'm tired of meeting losers...I'm seriously doubting the fact that somewhere out there that someone for me exists.. I just want one woman.. One good woman which shouldn't be A crazy thing to ask for feeling frustrated."
Yeah it kind of does. I actually had a reaction to reading it...it was like eww dude, quit being so "sensitive." I mean understand (I'm sure you do) that I like guys to be sensitive, I like sharing of thoughts and feelings, all of that, it's an important part of relationships. But this sounds too girly and is a major turn off. I bet this is a big reason he can't find "one good woman."

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91344 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. When I got my 2TB, the 3TB was $140.
Who needs that much storage? Wonder if I can get one for Mac....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91345 Sep 14, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
You can never have too much storage. And if you re someone that has lots of multimedia...movies take up lots of space. Higher qulity audio takes up lots of space. High quality photos take up lots of space.

And yes. You can get it for the mac. In fact, I don't think its a separate version. I think its simply compatible with both mac and pc.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91346 Sep 14, 2013
If a dude has sex with a prostitute without her consent, is that rape or shoplifting?

West Palm Beach, FL

#91347 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That would probably as futile as trying to fix Muschump's offense.

OHHHHHHHH! Sucker Punch!
I blame the offensive coordinator, not Muschamp. Not yet, anyway....

West Palm Beach, FL

#91348 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
If a dude has sex with a prostitute without her consent, is that rape or shoplifting?
Ha!

West Palm Beach, FL

#91349 Sep 14, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah it kind of does. I actually had a reaction to reading it...it was like eww dude, quit being so "sensitive." I mean understand (I'm sure you do) that I like guys to be sensitive, I like sharing of thoughts and feelings, all of that, it's an important part of relationships. But this sounds too girly and is a major turn off. I bet this is a big reason he can't find "one good woman."
Share your thought and feelings with your SO, not the entire Facebook world.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91350 Sep 14, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame the offensive coordinator, not Muschamp. Not yet, anyway....
Blame falls at the foot of the head coach. Bobby caught all sorts of shit for letting Jeffrey run the offense.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91351 Sep 14, 2013
Anyone been to any of the places on this site?

http://www.placestoseeinyourlifetime.com

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91352 Sep 14, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Share your thought and feelings with your SO, not the entire Facebook world.
?? He has no SO. That's what he's whining about.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91353 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>You can never have too much storage. And if you re someone that has lots of multimedia...movies take up lots of space. Higher qulity audio takes up lots of space. High quality photos take up lots of space.
And yes. You can get it for the mac. In fact, I don't think its a separate version. I think its simply compatible with both mac and pc.
I suppose I'd have to have two, one for PC and one for laptop?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#91354 Sep 14, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Costco store by me has 1 TB for $64, I think 3 TB is around $119; check their on line store.

I am going to survey my family to see if there is an extra one around before I buy something.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91355 Sep 14, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose I'd have to have two, one for PC and one for laptop?
Not necessarily. Can unplug from one and plug into the other as needed. I have mine plugged into the desktop and shared over the home network and access it wirelessly from the lap top

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91356 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Not necessarily. Can unplug from one and plug into the other as needed. I have mine plugged into the desktop and shared over the home network and access it wirelessly from the lap top
That's the answer I was hoping for. does it matter if they're different OS. XP vs 7.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91357 Sep 14, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the answer I was hoping for. does it matter if they're different OS. XP vs 7.
no idea. never used a mac. don't know anything about sharing between mac and pc over the network

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91358 Sep 14, 2013
Tonka! Regarding using a handicapped placard and people making assumptions...must have been kismet or something.

So today while I was out doing stuff someone (at Walmart!!!) decided to question my use of my handicapped placard. I told her to mind her own business and kept walking. She told me she was calling the police. I kept walking. She's yelling at me "you have to stay here until the police come! Come back, you can't go anywhere. This is a citizen's arrest!" I stopped, but only because I started laughing.

I went in to the store and about the time I came out lo and behold, there was a police officer talking to her. She waited a whole half an hour just to harass me. So the cop asked me if it was my car/placard and I said yeah and he asked for the wallet card that matched the placard. I gave it to him along with my ID registration and insurance stuff. I am so legal it's not even funny.

You could see the expression on his face change in about a second. He went OFF on Nosey Rosie about wasting his time, taking him away from real crime, etc. She is to assume that anyone with a placard has a right to use it unless she knows that person personally and knows it's not theirs, and THEN she should report it to the DMV and not waste time of the police.

So there were people watching this right? And after he gives me my stuff back and thanks me for cooperating (as if there was a choice) he told me if I was interested in calling a lawyer there might be a civil action I could take against the dumbbitch (he didn't call her that). I wouldn't waste my time, but nice to know that popo was on my side.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91359 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Anyone been to any of the places on this site?
http://www.placestoseeinyourlifetime.com
1) The Giant's Causeway
2) Aspen
3) Montreal
4) Hawaii, but not that specific place in Hawaii
5) Bangladesh but again not that specific place.

6) All the American cities they linked here: http://www.placestoseeinyourlifetime.com/top-...
7) Italy
8) Nepal
10 Bonus: I've seen an Aurora from Alaska and from the Yukon.
And a bunch of places not on the list too.

What do I win?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91360 Sep 14, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Tonka! Regarding using a handicapped placard and people making assumptions...must have been kismet or something.
So today while I was out doing stuff someone (at Walmart!!!) decided to question my use of my handicapped placard. I told her to mind her own business and kept walking. She told me she was calling the police. I kept walking. She's yelling at me "you have to stay here until the police come! Come back, you can't go anywhere. This is a citizen's arrest!" I stopped, but only because I started laughing.
I went in to the store and about the time I came out lo and behold, there was a police officer talking to her. She waited a whole half an hour just to harass me. So the cop asked me if it was my car/placard and I said yeah and he asked for the wallet card that matched the placard. I gave it to him along with my ID registration and insurance stuff. I am so legal it's not even funny.
You could see the expression on his face change in about a second. He went OFF on Nosey Rosie about wasting his time, taking him away from real crime, etc. She is to assume that anyone with a placard has a right to use it unless she knows that person personally and knows it's not theirs, and THEN she should report it to the DMV and not waste time of the police.
So there were people watching this right? And after he gives me my stuff back and thanks me for cooperating (as if there was a choice) he told me if I was interested in calling a lawyer there might be a civil action I could take against the dumbbitch (he didn't call her that). I wouldn't waste my time, but nice to know that popo was on my side.
Any parting words of wisdom for or from Nosey Rosie?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91361 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
HAve a problem with something I might be doing? Call a cop. Call a security guard. Call someone who might actually have some authority. Otherwise, zip it and move along.
Mister Tonka wrote:
-witnessing a violent act in progress that you can try to stop
-witnessing an act that is not violent, may or may not be illegal
Well, which is it? Try to intervene or just call a cop?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91362 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
His lucky day?.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,126,736
Abby 10-24 4 min Sublime1 10
Abby 10-23-14 16 min Toj 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min Jonah1 50,629
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min jacques Ottawa 179,394
Uniosun Admission List (utme/de) 2014/2015 Rele... 1 hr Dr Lucky 1
Ansu Supplementary Admission 2014/2015 Released... 1 hr Dr Lucky 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]