“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91322 Sep 13, 2013
At a birthday party for my son at the bounce hoise place. Took all the gifts to my trunk. Un-opened.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91323 Sep 13, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take kindly to people abusing a system.
So, you are entitled to your opinion and I will keep mine.
I might be wrong, and I am sure Tonka will correct me if I am, but I think he's saying (and I agree) that there is no way by looking at some one you know their health history and there is no way you need to be privy to their health history or what their current health issues are.

That's why we have such stringent laws about divulging that information. It is extremely personal and should be private.

When I see someone who doesn't "look" sick take a handicap spot, I think A-hole but then I tell myself perhaps they just had heart surgery 2 weeks ago and there s no way I could know that by looking at them. There's too many bad health thing that you can't tell by looking at someone. I'm a private person so I do try to respect other people's privacy as well.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91324 Sep 13, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
At a birthday party for my son at the bounce hoise place. Took all the gifts to my trunk. Un-opened.
You bad person, you! Actually, there's no good place to open gifts at those things. I know b/c I've done that type of party. Kids hyped up on cheap pizza and pop, their parents are grateful the little critters will fall asleep on the way home and they have a free evening.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#91325 Sep 13, 2013
Tonka, my computer is on the fritz and I can't log on.
I think it got infected by some spyware company themselves. I kept getting these dumbass pop-up ads and finally the other day it froze because of them.
I'm really mad about it, and probably will have to buy a new one.
I'm on my cell phone now, and I don't like using the internet with this thing. It's too small and I can't see the screen w/o my glasses.
I can't get to my music and I an really irritated about IT.
Just thought I'd let you know......

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91326 Sep 13, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You bad person, you! Actually, there's no good place to open gifts at those things. I know b/c I've done that type of party. Kids hyped up on cheap pizza and pop, their parents are grateful the little critters will fall asleep on the way home and they have a free evening.
free evening? We closed the place down. Just got home(9:35). Kids still awake

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#91327 Sep 13, 2013
Tonka,
I don't even know the right terminology to use when talking computer lingo.
I'm just really mad about all the bugs and viruses and cookies and NSA spying and data mining.
Yet I need a secret password to log on to my own computer.
It says I can maybe change the password if I first install a floppy disc or a flash drive, neither of which I have at hand.
WTF?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#91328 Sep 13, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
my gramma wanted to go see it when she saw the commercials... tehre were sooo many kinds of wrong about her going to see it, not the least of which were the logistics, so we just left it alone. we all had a good giggle about teh image of my gramma tapping her toes to a South Park-like song...
I don't want to do a buzz kill on it because I had a great ime there, but take away the sex, swearing and body fluids and it a respectful and reasonably accurate presentation of the faith and its mission.

Heaven is Orlando. Hell includes giant Starbucks cups. One guy sings about Jesus calling him a dick. He was being a dick,too, so Jesus was right on.

Life was very funny last night. See it if you can. Really.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#91329 Sep 13, 2013
Dammit Tonka, fix LC's computer issues!

;)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91330 Sep 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the guy and the puppy?
I don't see these situations as being even close to equal.

-witnessing a violent act in progress that you can try to stop

-witnessing an act that is not violent, may or may not be illegal, at worst MAY cause someone an inconvenience (assuming a handicapped person actually shows up and could have used that spot), and in order to find out, you have to be rude to a perfect stranger by "innocently" inquiring about their private health matters, while what you are really doing is assuming they are guilty of breaking the law unless they can prove to you they are not.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91331 Sep 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Dammit Tonka, fix LC's computer issues!
;)
That would probably as futile as trying to fix Muschump's offense.

OHHHHHHHH! Sucker Punch!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#91332 Sep 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to do a buzz kill on it because I had a great ime there, but take away the sex, swearing and body fluids and it a respectful and reasonably accurate presentation of the faith and its mission.
Heaven is Orlando. Hell includes giant Starbucks cups. One guy sings about Jesus calling him a dick. He was being a dick,too, so Jesus was right on.
Life was very funny last night. See it if you can. Really.
we were laughing hysterically about the idea of such a prim & proper little old lady seeing a play with all the "sex, swearing & body fluids"... her favorite movies was Babe (the singing pig made her laugh the only genuine laugh my cynical father ever remembers from her) and i think the last movie she ever saw in a theater was March of the Penguins...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91333 Sep 14, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91334 Sep 14, 2013
dahgts wrote:
Hey Kiddo....how are ya?...Sorry, but i need to ask if you or another here, have had to buy an external hardrive? We need to get one and would welcome any suggestions to take shopping?....THANKS....

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91335 Sep 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Kiddo....how are ya?...Sorry, but i need to ask if you or another here, have had to buy an external hardrive? We need to get one and would welcome any suggestions to take shopping?....THANKS....
Hi...I'm good now that it's cooling off here. Time to pull out the tomato plants, unfortunately. Going to miss them, probably got about 50+ lbs. this year,

Don't know much about the hard drives but if I were to buy one I'd start with a site called rakuten.com . Lots of selections. When I buy anything electronic I start there. I don't recall any problems with them. I think they're connected with Amazon but not sure.
There are web-connected storage sites that charge a small fee for backup. Sometimes Groupon Goods has deals also.

Tonka should have some opinions.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#91337 Sep 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Kiddo....how are ya?...Sorry, but i need to ask if you or another here, have had to buy an external hardrive? We need to get one and would welcome any suggestions to take shopping?....THANKS....
I have been told to get one as well by tech support for teh HP computer I ought in February, so I will be litening closely.

In the meantime, look at Cnet.com . My office IT firm told me they are reliable and not to biased.

Location hidden

#91338 Sep 14, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi...I'm good now that it's cooling off here. Time to pull out the tomato plants, unfortunately. Going to miss them, probably got about 50+ lbs. this year,
Don't know much about the hard drives but if I were to buy one I'd start with a site called rakuten.com . Lots of selections. When I buy anything electronic I start there. I don't recall any problems with them. I think they're connected with Amazon but not sure.
There are web-connected storage sites that charge a small fee for backup. Sometimes Groupon Goods has deals also.
Tonka should have some opinions.
Thanks alot, we are already back....your site turned me onto the Western Data(WD) 3TB My Book...at $119, which is highly rated and a good price...then noticed our Best Buy had it at the same price...so we just ordered over the site, aqnd picked it up there....I got burned once going all the way to the Big Walmart, only to find somethings are cheaper on their site, than at the store...Still haven't figured that out...lol...thanks....BTW, love to try your tomatoes, bet they are even better up there....but down here, with the whiteflies, and at .99 cents a pound, I'll stick with just herbs, bouganvellias and orchids......

Location hidden

#91339 Sep 14, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been told to get one as well by tech support for teh HP computer I ought in February, so I will be litening closely.
In the meantime, look at Cnet.com . My office IT firm told me they are reliable and not to biased.
Yeah, i usually screw up my PC and every guy that comes, say's we need it....so see above, i think that is a great one, lotta storage and stores off everything in your house....wife has a netbook....My PC is HP too, plus our new monitor....i like HP....

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91340 Sep 14, 2013
Partial post from that dude I went to HS with. Sounds like a woman complaining to her friends.

"I swear I'm tired of meeting losers...I'm seriously doubting the fact that somewhere out there that someone for me exists.. I just want one woman.. One good woman which shouldn't be A crazy thing to ask for feeling frustrated."

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91341 Sep 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
we are already back....your site turned me onto the Western Data(WD) 3TB My Book...at $119, which is highly rated and a good price...
Yup. When I got my 2TB, the 3TB was $140.

Location hidden

#91342 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. When I got my 2TB, the 3TB was $140.
Thanks...Wife was looking at the Clearence Laptops...amazing what you can get for $300-$500, these days....as i recall we paid $350 for her Asus Netbook, like only three to four years ago....Amazing the speed and advancement of technology.....We looked at a 65" Smart HDTV....geez......that's the next biggie....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min JOEL 69,967
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min John Galt 1,124,814
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min wojar 179,264
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 1 hr Yes 3
Chicago a model city 2 hr Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 3 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Boy G 50,587
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance