Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Try the place on Dempster just east of Chicago.My girls got some lovely party and Easter drrssrs there
When I first saw this, I thought it said "dumpster"

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

I have cut back significantly on my drinking in the last 2-3 weeks. Not on purpose, it just sort of happened. So last night I pour myself two weak cocktails (I had just enough rum left for either one killer drink, or two tolerable drinks, since I don't like strong drinks), and I feel "off" today. Weird.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Hey Regs! We're approaching 90,000 posts.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I assume you know it is a fake
Fake or not, it's pretty entertaining.

Do you mean fake as in the letter isn't reallly Rahm? I know we all know that.

Or fake as in no one really did up a fake letter and posted it up there?

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Hey Regs! We're approaching 90,000 posts.
Who would have thought that a group of people would have THAT much to say to total strangers?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, I don't care if you are right or wrong in your assumption, I don't take kindly to strangers with no authority questioning me as if I owe them any sort of answer. HAve a problem with something I might be doing? Call a cop. Call a security guard. Call someone who might actually have some authority. Otherwise, zip it and move along.
I don't take kindly to people abusing a system.
So, you are entitled to your opinion and I will keep mine.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
Just for the record, I agree with you, baby. We have a civil duty to speak out against an injustice if it happens in front of us, not just call the cops like some kindergartener running to teacher because Tommy pulled her pigtails. Besides, think the cops are gonna bother dispatching a swat team to write that lady a ticket? Not likely.

If you see someone kicking a three-legged puppy, you gonna just stand there and call a cop? Or are you gonna put a stop to it?

Just a few weeks ago a car pulled up in front of my house, dude got out and started taking a leak right there in the street! Think I ran to the phone and called the cops? No. I ran out my front door and told him to take his limp noodle elsewhere, my yard ain't his urinal!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
But in your example, you had no idea if she was abusing the system and therefore had to ask a completely out of line question to a total stranger on a guess that could have been wrong and you probably would have been offended if she told you to gfy.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for the record, I agree with you, baby. We have a civil duty to speak out against an injustice if it happens in front of us, not just call the cops like some kindergartener running to teacher because Tommy pulled her pigtails. Besides, think the cops are gonna bother dispatching a swat team to write that lady a ticket? Not likely.
If you see someone kicking a three-legged puppy, you gonna just stand there and call a cop? Or are you gonna put a stop to it?
Just a few weeks ago a car pulled up in front of my house, dude got out and started taking a leak right there in the street! Think I ran to the phone and called the cops? No. I ran out my front door and told him to take his limp noodle elsewhere, my yard ain't his urinal!
your example is apples and oranges. That dude was violation YOUR property. You have authority over your property. Chel had no authority over the wonan and it was questionable as to whether or not she was even breaking the law. She DID have a handixapped placard. Just didn't LOOK handicapped enough to satisfy chel.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Went to see Book of Mormon this evening. It is in Chicago until the beginning of October and I very much recommend it. There are some discount coupons available on line and I learned that if you show up at 5 and put you name in , they have a lottery that allows you to buy orchestra seats (first fees rows, main floor) for $25.
It is written by the guys from South Park and is hilarious with very good music.
my gramma wanted to go see it when she saw the commercials... tehre were sooo many kinds of wrong about her going to see it, not the least of which were the logistics, so we just left it alone. we all had a good giggle about teh image of my gramma tapping her toes to a South Park-like song...

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

90,000 and ONE!!!!

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
me too, and i know what street it is too...

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
your example is apples and oranges. That dude was violation YOUR property. You have authority over your property. Chel had no authority over the wonan and it was questionable as to whether or not she was even breaking the law. She DID have a handixapped placard. Just didn't LOOK handicapped enough to satisfy chel.
What about the guy and the puppy?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

for me your post is 91,318.
Aisle Sitter wrote:
90,000 and ONE!!!!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

At a birthday party for my son at the bounce hoise place. Took all the gifts to my trunk. Un-opened.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I might be wrong, and I am sure Tonka will correct me if I am, but I think he's saying (and I agree) that there is no way by looking at some one you know their health history and there is no way you need to be privy to their health history or what their current health issues are.

That's why we have such stringent laws about divulging that information. It is extremely personal and should be private.

When I see someone who doesn't "look" sick take a handicap spot, I think A-hole but then I tell myself perhaps they just had heart surgery 2 weeks ago and there s no way I could know that by looking at them. There's too many bad health thing that you can't tell by looking at someone. I'm a private person so I do try to respect other people's privacy as well.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
At a birthday party for my son at the bounce hoise place. Took all the gifts to my trunk. Un-opened.
You bad person, you! Actually, there's no good place to open gifts at those things. I know b/c I've done that type of party. Kids hyped up on cheap pizza and pop, their parents are grateful the little critters will fall asleep on the way home and they have a free evening.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Tonka, my computer is on the fritz and I can't log on.
I think it got infected by some spyware company themselves. I kept getting these dumbass pop-up ads and finally the other day it froze because of them.
I'm really mad about it, and probably will have to buy a new one.
I'm on my cell phone now, and I don't like using the internet with this thing. It's too small and I can't see the screen w/o my glasses.
I can't get to my music and I an really irritated about IT.
Just thought I'd let you know......

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You bad person, you! Actually, there's no good place to open gifts at those things. I know b/c I've done that type of party. Kids hyped up on cheap pizza and pop, their parents are grateful the little critters will fall asleep on the way home and they have a free evening.
free evening? We closed the place down. Just got home(9:35). Kids still awake

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,941 - 89,960 of97,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,071,934
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 min voice of peace 67,527
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 16 min mr ridgway 3,815
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 21 min LRS 173,591
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min mdbuilder 45,458
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 52 min andet1987 393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 59 min Frijoles 68,136
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info