“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#91364 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Any parting words of wisdom for or from Nosey Rosie?
Oh yeah LOL I forgot she was all like "hey, I'm sorry, I hope you understand..." I just got in my car and drove away. She already cut into my schedule for the day. I didn't have time to listen to her fake apology. You KNOW she still thought she did the right thing like it's ok to confront a perfect stranger about stuff that's not your business. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91365 Sep 14, 2013
How do I unlock my iPhone that I paid full price for? I mean I bought it, no discount, so why can't I use it on any network I want to? Anyone?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91366 Sep 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

Not to accuse you of anything or ask you to share your medical condition, but do you REALLY need that sticker? Or do you just have some excuse that allows you to get the best parking spots?
Hey fuckyou!!!!!!!!!! Yes I need it. If I didn't need it my doctors, who are ETHICAL (look it up) would never have signed the paper.

You want medical reasons?

Systemic Lupus
Sjogren's syndrome
Fibromyalgia
Congestive Heart Failure
COPD

Any ONE of them would qualify me. Those are just the top five. There are more medical issues but this is all you're getting.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91367 Sep 14, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fuckyou!!!!!!!!!! Yes I need it. If I didn't need it my doctors, who are ETHICAL (look it up) would never have signed the paper.
Systemic Lupus
Sjogren's syndrome
Fibromyalgia
Congestive Heart Failure
COPD
Any ONE of them would qualify me. Those are just the top five. There are more medical issues but this is all you're getting.
And even if someone is gaming the system, what does he think he can do about it in the parking lot? The cop only cares that you have the proper documentation. So edogg thnks you're gaming he system, calls a cop, you show cop your docs. Then what? Edogg has accomplished nothing except getting a lecture from the cops.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91368 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
And even if someone is gaming the system, what does he think he can do about it in the parking lot?
Absolutely nothing. That was not my point at all.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91369 Sep 14, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
No, and I said as much. If you really need it, fine. I was just asking. No need to be a btch about it. But I guess that's something you just can't help. Might want to add "bitchfornoreason" to your list. But I doubt you can get a handicap sticker for that.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91370 Sep 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely nothing. That was not my point at all.
Well what WAS your point? Or was this just rambling just to ramble?
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91371 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>But in your example, you had no idea if she was abusing the system and therefore had to ask a completely out of line question to a total stranger on a guess that could have been wrong and you probably would have been offended if she told you to gfy.
Yeah, so I took the risk. It's the only time I've done that, so I feel I had some intuition or something.
But again, we have different views, which is fine.
You act like I was flaying baby seals alive.
I am not a threat to this nation...go after all the people abusing the system on my dime, slowly turning us into a 3rd world nation.
cheluzal

Plant City, FL

#91372 Sep 14, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you need it, but let's be honest...getting a doctor to sign that single little paper is no great feat.

And I'm NOT saying you are this (just keeping this thought on this same reponse), but so many people with handicapped decals get so angry when no handicapped spot is available.
I've parked cars for events and they yell at you if there is no spot. "But I have a handicapped decal!" as if we can create a spot that doesn't exist.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91373 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
If a dude has sex with a prostitute without her consent, is that rape or shoplifting?
As wrong as that sentence is, it's hilarious!

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91374 Sep 14, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Tonka! Regarding using a handicapped placard and people making assumptions...must have been kismet or something.
So today while I was out doing stuff someone (at Walmart!!!) decided to question my use of my handicapped placard. I told her to mind her own business and kept walking. She told me she was calling the police. I kept walking. She's yelling at me "you have to stay here until the police come! Come back, you can't go anywhere. This is a citizen's arrest!" I stopped, but only because I started laughing.
I went in to the store and about the time I came out lo and behold, there was a police officer talking to her. She waited a whole half an hour just to harass me. So the cop asked me if it was my car/placard and I said yeah and he asked for the wallet card that matched the placard. I gave it to him along with my ID registration and insurance stuff. I am so legal it's not even funny.
You could see the expression on his face change in about a second. He went OFF on Nosey Rosie about wasting his time, taking him away from real crime, etc. She is to assume that anyone with a placard has a right to use it unless she knows that person personally and knows it's not theirs, and THEN she should report it to the DMV and not waste time of the police.
So there were people watching this right? And after he gives me my stuff back and thanks me for cooperating (as if there was a choice) he told me if I was interested in calling a lawyer there might be a civil action I could take against the dumbbitch (he didn't call her that). I wouldn't waste my time, but nice to know that popo was on my side.
Awesome that the police told you about a civil suit. Dumbbitch! There are certain things that are private, yanno? Dumbbitch.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91375 Sep 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Many a year back, an investigative reporter on at a local station around here did a report about how easy it was to attain a handicap placard, even though you may not be "truly" handicapped.
Maybe someone with flat feet can get one. Maybe you can get one if you have a "heart defect." Hey, I have an irregular heartbeat. Could I qualify?
My point is, any yahoo can go to his doctor and say he has a sore knee. Then with a Dr's note, apply for, and get, a handicap sticker. Maybe people are abusing the system from within? Taking advantage of something that wasn't really meant for them.
Not to accuse you of anything or ask you to share your medical condition, but do you REALLY need that sticker? Or do you just have some excuse that allows you to get the best parking spots?
Nunya.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91376 Sep 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, and I said as much. If you really need it, fine. I was just asking. No need to be a btch about it. But I guess that's something you just can't help. Might want to add "bitchfornoreason" to your list. But I doubt you can get a handicap sticker for that.
how about you add assfornoreason to your list.
not all doctors give those things out for minor ills.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91377 Sep 14, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
how about you add assfornoreason to your list.
not all doctors give those things out for minor ills.
and if they do, dog has no way of knowing and can do nothing about it either way. except be dick and accuse them of not REALLY being handicapped.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91378 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Well what WAS your point? Or was this just rambling just to ramble?
I was not offering opinion on what to "do" about people gaming the system. My point was the system can be abused.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91379 Sep 14, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
and if they do, dog has no way of knowing and can do nothing about it either way.
And this is not my argument! So ramble on, I will not engage in an argument that only exists in your head. You're just mad because I pointed out your inconsistency.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#91380 Sep 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not offering opinion on what to "do" about people gaming the system. My point was the system can be abused.
Big news. Not!

Every friggin system can be abused. Name one that can't.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91381 Sep 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
>>but do you REALLY need that sticker?<<

Yeah, bitchfornoreason? WhattheFUCK is this then? Casting aspersions on my character much?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91382 Sep 14, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you need it, but let's be honest...getting a doctor to sign that single little paper is no great feat.
And I'm NOT saying you are this (just keeping this thought on this same reponse), but so many people with handicapped decals get so angry when no handicapped spot is available.
I've parked cars for events and they yell at you if there is no spot. "But I have a handicapped decal!" as if we can create a spot that doesn't exist.
True. Edog was being a doosh and it pissedmeoff. There are only *so many* handicapped spots so if people get all butt hurt because one isn't available, they need help. I mean I don't get all pushed out of shape when I go to the grocery store and they are all taken, I just find the next closest spot.

FWIW when there are spots close enough, and it doesn't impose a severe problem for me...that is if it doesn't take 30 minutes to walk 20 feet, I will park in other than disabled because I figure there might be someone who needs it more than I do; wheelchair, van with a lift for a wheelchair, someone with crutches or a cane (I don't need a cane right now, though it is in my car just in case). Actually this is the case probably 9/10 times because I try to patronize places that aren't crazy packed with people. Not for parking reasons more for I don't like people reasons. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91383 Sep 14, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome that the police told you about a civil suit. Dumbbitch! There are certain things that are private, yanno? Dumbbitch.
Right? I wouldn't spend the time doing it. First I'm better than her, second, what would I get anyway a hundred bucks punitive money and court costs? Not even worth the time to file it. But yeah cool cop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Smart Alex 1,154,142
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min OzRitz 49,225
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 20 min WOW 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 30 min Frijoles 71,064
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Maude 181,842
abby 12-21 1 hr PEllen 1
amy 12-21 1 hr PEllen 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]