“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91316 Sep 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for the record, I agree with you, baby. We have a civil duty to speak out against an injustice if it happens in front of us, not just call the cops like some kindergartener running to teacher because Tommy pulled her pigtails. Besides, think the cops are gonna bother dispatching a swat team to write that lady a ticket? Not likely.
If you see someone kicking a three-legged puppy, you gonna just stand there and call a cop? Or are you gonna put a stop to it?
Just a few weeks ago a car pulled up in front of my house, dude got out and started taking a leak right there in the street! Think I ran to the phone and called the cops? No. I ran out my front door and told him to take his limp noodle elsewhere, my yard ain't his urinal!
your example is apples and oranges. That dude was violation YOUR property. You have authority over your property. Chel had no authority over the wonan and it was questionable as to whether or not she was even breaking the law. She DID have a handixapped placard. Just didn't LOOK handicapped enough to satisfy chel.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#91317 Sep 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Went to see Book of Mormon this evening. It is in Chicago until the beginning of October and I very much recommend it. There are some discount coupons available on line and I learned that if you show up at 5 and put you name in , they have a lottery that allows you to buy orchestra seats (first fees rows, main floor) for $25.
It is written by the guys from South Park and is hilarious with very good music.
my gramma wanted to go see it when she saw the commercials... tehre were sooo many kinds of wrong about her going to see it, not the least of which were the logistics, so we just left it alone. we all had a good giggle about teh image of my gramma tapping her toes to a South Park-like song...

Des Plaines, IL

#91318 Sep 13, 2013
90,000 and ONE!!!!

Des Plaines, IL

#91319 Sep 13, 2013
Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first saw this, I thought it said "dumpster"
me too, and i know what street it is too...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#91320 Sep 13, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
your example is apples and oranges. That dude was violation YOUR property. You have authority over your property. Chel had no authority over the wonan and it was questionable as to whether or not she was even breaking the law. She DID have a handixapped placard. Just didn't LOOK handicapped enough to satisfy chel.
What about the guy and the puppy?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#91321 Sep 13, 2013
for me your post is 91,318.
Aisle Sitter wrote:
90,000 and ONE!!!!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91322 Sep 13, 2013
At a birthday party for my son at the bounce hoise place. Took all the gifts to my trunk. Un-opened.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91323 Sep 13, 2013
cheluzal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take kindly to people abusing a system.
So, you are entitled to your opinion and I will keep mine.
I might be wrong, and I am sure Tonka will correct me if I am, but I think he's saying (and I agree) that there is no way by looking at some one you know their health history and there is no way you need to be privy to their health history or what their current health issues are.

That's why we have such stringent laws about divulging that information. It is extremely personal and should be private.

When I see someone who doesn't "look" sick take a handicap spot, I think A-hole but then I tell myself perhaps they just had heart surgery 2 weeks ago and there s no way I could know that by looking at them. There's too many bad health thing that you can't tell by looking at someone. I'm a private person so I do try to respect other people's privacy as well.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91324 Sep 13, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
At a birthday party for my son at the bounce hoise place. Took all the gifts to my trunk. Un-opened.
You bad person, you! Actually, there's no good place to open gifts at those things. I know b/c I've done that type of party. Kids hyped up on cheap pizza and pop, their parents are grateful the little critters will fall asleep on the way home and they have a free evening.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#91325 Sep 13, 2013
Tonka, my computer is on the fritz and I can't log on.
I think it got infected by some spyware company themselves. I kept getting these dumbass pop-up ads and finally the other day it froze because of them.
I'm really mad about it, and probably will have to buy a new one.
I'm on my cell phone now, and I don't like using the internet with this thing. It's too small and I can't see the screen w/o my glasses.
I can't get to my music and I an really irritated about IT.
Just thought I'd let you know......

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91326 Sep 13, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You bad person, you! Actually, there's no good place to open gifts at those things. I know b/c I've done that type of party. Kids hyped up on cheap pizza and pop, their parents are grateful the little critters will fall asleep on the way home and they have a free evening.
free evening? We closed the place down. Just got home(9:35). Kids still awake

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#91327 Sep 13, 2013
Tonka,
I don't even know the right terminology to use when talking computer lingo.
I'm just really mad about all the bugs and viruses and cookies and NSA spying and data mining.
Yet I need a secret password to log on to my own computer.
It says I can maybe change the password if I first install a floppy disc or a flash drive, neither of which I have at hand.
WTF?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#91328 Sep 13, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
my gramma wanted to go see it when she saw the commercials... tehre were sooo many kinds of wrong about her going to see it, not the least of which were the logistics, so we just left it alone. we all had a good giggle about teh image of my gramma tapping her toes to a South Park-like song...
I don't want to do a buzz kill on it because I had a great ime there, but take away the sex, swearing and body fluids and it a respectful and reasonably accurate presentation of the faith and its mission.

Heaven is Orlando. Hell includes giant Starbucks cups. One guy sings about Jesus calling him a dick. He was being a dick,too, so Jesus was right on.

Life was very funny last night. See it if you can. Really.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#91329 Sep 13, 2013
Dammit Tonka, fix LC's computer issues!

;)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91330 Sep 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the guy and the puppy?
I don't see these situations as being even close to equal.

-witnessing a violent act in progress that you can try to stop

-witnessing an act that is not violent, may or may not be illegal, at worst MAY cause someone an inconvenience (assuming a handicapped person actually shows up and could have used that spot), and in order to find out, you have to be rude to a perfect stranger by "innocently" inquiring about their private health matters, while what you are really doing is assuming they are guilty of breaking the law unless they can prove to you they are not.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91331 Sep 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Dammit Tonka, fix LC's computer issues!
;)
That would probably as futile as trying to fix Muschump's offense.

OHHHHHHHH! Sucker Punch!

Des Plaines, IL

#91332 Sep 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to do a buzz kill on it because I had a great ime there, but take away the sex, swearing and body fluids and it a respectful and reasonably accurate presentation of the faith and its mission.
Heaven is Orlando. Hell includes giant Starbucks cups. One guy sings about Jesus calling him a dick. He was being a dick,too, so Jesus was right on.
Life was very funny last night. See it if you can. Really.
we were laughing hysterically about the idea of such a prim & proper little old lady seeing a play with all the "sex, swearing & body fluids"... her favorite movies was Babe (the singing pig made her laugh the only genuine laugh my cynical father ever remembers from her) and i think the last movie she ever saw in a theater was March of the Penguins...

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91333 Sep 14, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91334 Sep 14, 2013
dahgts wrote:
Hey Kiddo....how are ya?...Sorry, but i need to ask if you or another here, have had to buy an external hardrive? We need to get one and would welcome any suggestions to take shopping?....THANKS....

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91335 Sep 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Kiddo....how are ya?...Sorry, but i need to ask if you or another here, have had to buy an external hardrive? We need to get one and would welcome any suggestions to take shopping?....THANKS....
Hi...I'm good now that it's cooling off here. Time to pull out the tomato plants, unfortunately. Going to miss them, probably got about 50+ lbs. this year,

Don't know much about the hard drives but if I were to buy one I'd start with a site called rakuten.com . Lots of selections. When I buy anything electronic I start there. I don't recall any problems with them. I think they're connected with Amazon but not sure.
There are web-connected storage sites that charge a small fee for backup. Sometimes Groupon Goods has deals also.

Tonka should have some opinions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min THE GERBIL 1,110,099
WE are doomed if this continues. 4 min FascistNaziStarDe... 7
Abby 9-20 7 min PEllen 10
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,730
Nature of war: Chimps inherently violent; Study... 38 min reality is a crutch 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 46 min Stpitalredi 49,874
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,497
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,078
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••