“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91275 Sep 13, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91276 Sep 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Went to see Book of Mormon this evening. It is in Chicago until the beginning of October and I very much recommend it. There are some discount coupons available on line and I learned that if you show up at 5 and put you name in , they have a lottery that allows you to buy orchestra seats (first fees rows, main floor) for $25.
It is written by the guys from South Park and is hilarious with very good music.
They gave a great interview on Sound Opinion some months ago. Very serious conversation.

THey also treated religion very respectfully in an episode I saw recently (I don't know how old it was) and had a Catholic priest being the voice of reason for the town. That surprised me.

Location hidden

#91277 Sep 13, 2013
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#91278 Sep 13, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
The 13th!
:)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#91279 Sep 13, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Dayum.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#91280 Sep 13, 2013
Ugh. Saw a freshly-hit kitten on the road this morning. Kind of regret not stopping, but it was busy. Can't stop thinking about it.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91281 Sep 13, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Love it.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#91282 Sep 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
The 13th!
:)
Lucky day! Something great is going to happen.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#91283 Sep 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, but I am not sure, that you can't slander or defame a dead person.
That's a shame. Some dead people need slandering and defaming.

Location hidden

#91284 Sep 13, 2013
You can slander/defame a dead person, but it can be prosecuted and you can be sued by the estate for it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#91285 Sep 13, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Ugh. Saw a freshly-hit kitten on the road this morning. Kind of regret not stopping, but it was busy. Can't stop thinking about it.
What could you have done anyway?

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#91286 Sep 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
LUNCH! j/k

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#91287 Sep 13, 2013
So Dickie tells me that we're supposed to wear certain colors for this traditional Laotian wedding we're going to in a few weeks. Purple, burgundy or gold.

Luckily I have a burgundy dress, so I'm covered but my kids are not. I spent some time looking for a wedding-appropriate dress in one of these colors and it is HARD. A lot of dressy dresses make the girls look like they belong in a satiny bordello. Or they're beautiful but cost way too much for me to be spending on a dress for one wedding.

I think I found it (same dress comes in gold and eggplant) but now I have to get their approval. I know they're going to want the ones that belong in a bordello, however. Not looking forward to that battle...

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#91288 Sep 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
So Dickie tells me that we're supposed to wear certain colors for this traditional Laotian wedding we're going to in a few weeks. Purple, burgundy or gold.
Luckily I have a burgundy dress, so I'm covered but my kids are not. I spent some time looking for a wedding-appropriate dress in one of these colors and it is HARD. A lot of dressy dresses make the girls look like they belong in a satiny bordello. Or they're beautiful but cost way too much for me to be spending on a dress for one wedding.
I think I found it (same dress comes in gold and eggplant) but now I have to get their approval. I know they're going to want the ones that belong in a bordello, however. Not looking forward to that battle...
You can also probably look an e-bay for girls' christmas dresses and find something nice/cheap in burgundy.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#91289 Sep 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Here's some options: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#91290 Sep 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Don't show them the bordello ones.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#91291 Sep 13, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some options: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc...
Ha! One of those is for an american girl doll.

This is what I was pondering. It also comes in chamagne, which is close enough to gold for me. And in my price range!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWAVSHG/ref=wl_it...

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

#91292 Sep 13, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! One of those is for an american girl doll.
This is what I was pondering. It also comes in chamagne, which is close enough to gold for me. And in my price range!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWAVSHG/ref=wl_it...
That's adorable! I'd go with that one.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#91293 Sep 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it was just stunned, and it would be okay, and I'd magically not be allergic to it and we'd live happily ever after.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min THE DEVIL 1,102,041
Sin City is in the Streets of Chicago. Where i... 27 min Culture Auditor 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 38 min well 49,521
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 46 min LRS 177,549
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min gcaveman1 46,390
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,109
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr the wandering girl 4,681
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••