|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, and it felt good. I was driving my mom and stepdad who could barely walk due to a stroke to a tire store. Just as I was starting to pull into the handicap space this gorilla guy pulled in in front of me, no H tags. I did drop them off at the curb. It so happened that we ended up right in back of him in line. I loudly berated him about what he did. He was very uncomfortable standing there with all those people listening....and my mom was proud.
YAY!! I love that you did that!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Never had it. I have very low interest in Cider produced by a company that primarily is known for beer. Could be good, but I'm not running out to get any.
It's pretty good, but Angry Orchard Traditional Dry would be my top pick.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I got this variety case with 802, but no Winter....i like Granny Smith....Yeah, my new best thing...lol....I was doin the big Foster's Ale cans, but i felt so heavy....
you and me could split the variety pack and get along great. You can have all the granny smiths. That's the one i don't care for. I'll take the amber and the 802

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
YAY!! I love that you did that!
I will pick my battles, but when I'm incensed by certain stupidities I'll go for it.

and the older I get the more I speak out. don't care if I get called a crazy old broad.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever tried Woodchuck Hard Cider, from Vermont? I really enjoy it and never feel heavy, like with beer or ales....
The Woodchuck brand is pretty common here. Most bars I have been in keep a 6 pack in back unless they are promoting they have cider. I have not seen Winter or 802 though. I was in the liquor store on Sunday and wound up giving a sort of guided tour to an lady who was undecided. I would have noticed if there was a different variety. I am not sure if you were coming around here last February. There was a large cider tasting with multiple orchards/breweries at Navy Pier. I wrote up a summary , largely for Tonka. If you want to explore the stuff, let me know and I will resurrect my notes.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's pretty good, but Angry Orchard Traditional Dry would be my top pick.
I like that one,too. The regular Angry Orchard is a tad too close to apple juice for me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The Woodchuck brand is pretty common here. Most bars I have been in keep a 6 pack in back unless they are promoting they have cider. I have not seen Winter or 802 though. I was in the liquor store on Sunday and wound up giving a sort of guided tour to an lady who was undecided. I would have noticed if there was a different variety. I am not sure if you were coming around here last February. There was a large cider tasting with multiple orchards/breweries at Navy Pier. I wrote up a summary , largely for Tonka. If you want to explore the stuff, let me know and I will resurrect my notes.
Thanks for the input...i started out on Redds, then Woodchuck....Grocery had a 12pack case of 3 each of 4 flavors, Amber, Granny Smith, 802 and Belgian White...for $12.99...most $13 fun I've had for awhile...lol...Maybe Winter is a seasonal deal?...I love Peppermint Ice Cream, but they only have it around Christmas....

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

I don't like ales. Yuck. I'm a wimp beer drinker, though.

French martinis anyone?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the input...i started out on Redds, then Woodchuck....Grocery had a 12pack case of 3 each of 4 flavors, Amber, Granny Smith, 802 and Belgian White...for $12.99...most $13 fun I've had for awhile...lol...Maybe Winter is a seasonal deal?...I love Peppermint Ice Cream, but they only have it around Christmas....
yes. Woodchuck had a splecial brew for each season, available at the start of the given season. Winter is my favorite, and although its supposed to be available for 3 months, they sold out around here in about a month 2 years in a row. So i stocked up last year. Bought up every bottle i could to last me the year.

How's the belgian. I was told it kinda taste like beer. Don't like beer, so i never tried it

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

If you have the handicap sticker, I will keep my yap shut no matter how spry you are.(like the dude at home depot on sat. He actually was walking faster than me).

But if you dont have the handicap card, dont even try to park there no matter how much you need it. I will call the cops.
Mister Tonka wrote:
Remember when we had a discussion about peeps parked imn handiczpped spots and some of you were pretty vocal about how much it bothered you and you would take action...
From the Orlando Sentinel Ticked Off column
To the couple who followed me into a restaurant: Just because I pulled in the handicap spot at a restaurant in Dr. Phillips and did not look handicap to your eyes does not mean I did not just get done with open heart surgery. I do not appreciate the fact that you followed me into the restaurant and stated your opinion to the manager on duty that if he did not ask me to move my vehicle you would not eat there. He refused and you left! Which I thought was wonderful, until I went outside to my vehicle and realized you had keyed it down the driver's side completely. For a couple your age to do this kind of vandalism is childish.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Let's see... 1,2,3,4,5,6,13 Yup edog is right, thats at least a decade
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
He's been in the country since 2007. That is not "at least a decade." Do the math.

Ahem, apparently your expensive education is failing you. I'd ask for your money back.
<quoted text>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Toj wrote:
I don't like ales. Yuck. I'm a wimp beer drinker, though.
French martinis anyone?
Same here. Nick loves hoppy hoppy hoppy ales. I don't even like the smell. The only beer I'll buy for myself at home is Harp or Killian's Red.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
If you have the handicap sticker, I will keep my yap shut no matter how spry you are.(like the dude at home depot on sat. He actually was walking faster than me).
But if you dont have the handicap card, dont even try to park there no matter how much you need it. I will call the cops.
<quoted text>
I don't care about the placard so much, if the person seems to use it. Like if 85 yo granny is slooooowwww moving and parks there, but doesn't want the handicapped thing in her car (dignity), that's okay with me. But parking in that spot without official permission means you better be pretty obvious in your need to park there.

I saw a guy park there once with no stickers, in his fancy convertible... and by the way he got out, it reminded me of how men I've known have walked the day after getting a vasectomy. I cut him some slack.

I had surgery on both feet one December, had to park in handicapped spots to do my christmas shopping (STUPID, I was in such pain! where was the internet back then?!). I'm glad they were there for me.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you hate America. Way to go. Get the fk out then. Go live in an Arab country since you seem to like them so much better.
Yeah apparently that's exactly what I said. You'restupid. Even if I *had* said that, I would draw your attention to the first amendment, so yanno STFU.

You just need to accept the fact that you are a big fat racist, misogynist, homophobe, window licker who still needs to be riding on the short bus and I am ORDERS of magnitude smarter than you. Actually, almost everyone on this site (and the world in general) is smarter than you, even actual window lickers.

This was fun, so rage on babe, but I have real life to deal with today.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Federal Way, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahahaha. He's just a freakingidiot. That was fun for a minute. It's so easy to get him all foaming at the mouth. Apparently now I hate America, so you know, I win! I'm back to ignoring him though. I'm over being bored and I have some real life stuff to tend to, yanno helping all the Muslims become citizens and infiltrate and stuff. Coming soon to the mutt's town to enforce that he live by their rules, worship their god, pray their way and live under sharia law. I am so evil.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the one who said he was here for a decade, dumass

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm fine with calling the cops. I'm not fine with trying to get the reataurant to not serve you and especially not fine with keying the car

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

I believe the proper term is "cerebrally challenged"
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahahahaha. He's just a freakingidiot.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Lowe's has a redonk amount of handicapped parking spots. I've yet to see one space filled, much less the 20 or so they feel is needed for a home improvment store. Do they think people are like "Well, I broke my leg. I'd better re-grout the kitchen and put in some new baseboards..."

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Goddayum. The couple on House Hunters right now need firm taint punches. Mostly the wife. It's why I love this show.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Brian_G 45,781
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,930
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Tinka 1,079,668
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 3 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Abby 7-24 7 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000