Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Ermahgerrrrd, guess who is crashing and burning at her new school already? Whuuuuut? Itotallydidnotseethatcoming.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
Ermahgerrrrd, guess who is crashing and burning at her new school already? Whuuuuut? Itotallydidnotseethatcoming.
This is my shocked face

:/

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
And I've known more than one person who's attempted to become a US citizen, waded through all the paperwork and thousands of dollars, and were either denied or gave up. It's not as easy as Mimi is trying to make it sound. In other words, I think she's full of it.
My two coworkers (one is Hmong, the other is Russian) had an easy, fast time of becoming citizens. Just a few months. Not a big deal.

I'd say MImi has 10 times the credibility you do, but you have zero credibility and 0 x 10 = zero. So she has lots of credibility, and you have none.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
WHat I see coming: This is everybody else's fault.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Hmmm. For some reason I thought she'd last a week or two more.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
And I've known more than one person who's attempted to become a US citizen, waded through all the paperwork and thousands of dollars, and were either denied or gave up. It's not as easy as Mimi is trying to make it sound. In other words, I think she's full of it.
It depends how you're going about it, why you're going about it and who is helping you. Also depends on how you're here in the country. I imagine if you don't have the proper visa to be here in the first place, things could get dicey. Also depends on what nationality and how many of those nationalities are trying to get in. Quotas aren't just for police.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WHat I see coming: This is everybody else's fault.
Ding ding ding! I only got bits and pieces of it, but--it's not her fault she has no money and her bank is charging her for...not depositing regularly...or something.

Her roommate sucks because she has early classes and wakes SIL up, who has no classes before 11.

She blamed a prof for something and *that*, shockingly, didn't go over so hot. In reference to that situation, somebody, not sure who, might have been the prof--told her to seek counseling (spot on).

It's not her fault the food sucks on campus, even though nearly every review of the school we read ahead of time said it did. She picked the 21 meal a week plan--she can eat the crap food or go hungry.

On the plus side, J and I started counseling yesterday. Gettin' our sh1t back together even if nobody else wants to.:-D

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Oh, and, AND, she claims she's having panic attacks daily now. I realize those are real, yadda yadda, but given the source, I think she's full of shyte.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

So I helped my mom unpack her 3 Pods worth of stuff into her new townhome. It's very lovely, but there are lots of stairs...Then got held up leaving and got stuck in at least 3 traffic jams on my 1 and 40 minute drive home (should only take an hour) so by the time I got home I was done. Had enough energy to bathe and pass out.

So this morning, I didn't really have a lot of energy for lunch-making and getting ready so I happily threw on a very cute green dress I wear on very hot days (we're supposed to break records here today). I was locking the door with Lulu holding the screen door when she says "um mom, there's a teeny tiny hole in your dress right by your underwear." Well, it wasn't tiny and there was no way I could wear it to work, so I had to run back in the house and find something else I could wear on a record-breaking hot day. <sigh> I found something, but I do not look nearly as cute and now I have to find something to replace this dress because this will not be the last time hot and lazy will coincide.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

squishymama wrote:
So I helped my mom unpack her 3 Pods worth of stuff into her new townhome. It's very lovely, but there are lots of stairs...Then got held up leaving and got stuck in at least 3 traffic jams on my 1 and 40 minute drive home (should only take an hour) so by the time I got home I was done. Had enough energy to bathe and pass out.
So this morning, I didn't really have a lot of energy for lunch-making and getting ready so I happily threw on a very cute green dress I wear on very hot days (we're supposed to break records here today). I was locking the door with Lulu holding the screen door when she says "um mom, there's a teeny tiny hole in your dress right by your underwear." Well, it wasn't tiny and there was no way I could wear it to work, so I had to run back in the house and find something else I could wear on a record-breaking hot day. <sigh> I found something, but I do not look nearly as cute and now I have to find something to replace this dress because this will not be the last time hot and lazy will coincide.
Here I thought we lived in Chicago and it's feeling more and more like inland Florida. They say 98 today. Eek!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

I see Townhouses down here.....i wish i had the energy to sell our too big house and have a nice townhouse....I'd have to sell my toys, that's a problem...lol...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

squishymama wrote:
Ha, kids come in handy like that sometimes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Here I thought we lived in Chicago and it's feeling more and more like inland Florida. They say 98 today. Eek!
I was just telling somebody, some people up north have had hotter days than us.....and it almost never gets above 92, down here....it's alot about the humidity....

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My two coworkers (one is Hmong, the other is Russian) had an easy, fast time of becoming citizens. Just a few months. Not a big deal.
I'd say MImi has 10 times the credibility you do, but you have zero credibility and 0 x 10 = zero. So she has lots of credibility, and you have none.
How many times have I proven you wrong?

Nuff said.

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I see Townhouses down here.....i wish i had the energy to sell our too big house and have a nice townhouse....I'd have to sell my toys, that's a problem...lol...
I had a townhome till about 2 years ago and my parents live in one. My dad got it in his head last year to sell the townhouse (because of the stairs) and by a fixer-upper house to gut. Mind you, he just turned 86 last week. Luckily, the realtor talked him out of it (my mom was against it). But they really hate those stairs. I did, too. Especially when I fell down them! They looped around and the right side was only a couple inches wide coming down. Bit it a couple times!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times have I proven you wrong?
Nuff said.
Too few to even remember.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
Or buy cute green undies to match and no one will notice!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a townhome till about 2 years ago and my parents live in one. My dad got it in his head last year to sell the townhouse (because of the stairs) and by a fixer-upper house to gut. Mind you, he just turned 86 last week. Luckily, the realtor talked him out of it (my mom was against it). But they really hate those stairs. I did, too. Especially when I fell down them! They looped around and the right side was only a couple inches wide coming down. Bit it a couple times!
We have a development, down here of one story, 3/2's...kinda California-style, with these huge enclosed patios, in groupings of four, all facing a different direction....i cruise thru there, everytime i go to that Home Depot by there....lol...tough for us, cause we have two dogs, but i love orchids and gardening, so the patio is a huge bonus.....

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Or buy cute green undies to match and no one will notice!:)
Oh, I will look for some, but I don't think I'm going to find any.

I've found a few acceptable substitutes on clearance at Old Navy (where the original dress was from, also on clearance), but none this really pretty green.
:(

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Stina2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My folks were in a ranch, so they are really going to have a hard time with the stairs. We already joked that they are going to have awesome butts.

But they're are only there about half the year anyway (they winter in AZ) so the trade-off for the stairs is not having a lawn to deal with. I think they're going to like it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,701 - 89,720 of96,013
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]