“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#91125 Sep 10, 2013
Remember when we had a discussion about peeps parked imn handiczpped spots and some of you were pretty vocal about how much it bothered you and you would take action...

From the Orlando Sentinel Ticked Off column

To the couple who followed me into a restaurant: Just because I pulled in the handicap spot at a restaurant in Dr. Phillips and did not look handicap to your eyes does not mean I did not just get done with open heart surgery. I do not appreciate the fact that you followed me into the restaurant and stated your opinion to the manager on duty that if he did not ask me to move my vehicle you would not eat there. He refused and you left! Which I thought was wonderful, until I went outside to my vehicle and realized you had keyed it down the driver's side completely. For a couple your age to do this kind of vandalism is childish.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#91126 Sep 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahem, apparently your expensive education is failing you. I'd ask for your money back.
<quoted text>
"dealt with" and "has lived here" do not mean the same thing.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91127 Sep 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not wrong on a single one. And you know it. That's why you've got sand in your taint.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Turns out I was right once again and you were wrong. He's been in the country for at least a decade, he's been trying for his citizenship for the last three years.
Now who has zero credibility?
That is SO not what I said.

I SAID he COULD have gotten it after three years!
I said he's been here for years.
I NEVER said he'd been trying for years.
This is the VERY FIRST TIME he's ever applied. It's been a MONTH.
ONE SINGLE MONTH.
He will be a citizen before the Haj.

You are wrong on every single point. All of them. Full stop.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91128 Sep 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure about that?
<quoted text>
Pretty sure yeah...

From the (INS) CIS website...

"In general, you may qualify for naturalization under Section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) if you

Have been a permanent resident (green card holder) for at least 3 years
Have been living in marital union with the same U.S. citizen spouse during such time
Meet all other eligibility requirements under this section
In certain cases, spouses of U.S. citizens employed abroad may qualify for naturalization regardless of their time as permanent residents. These spouses may qualify under Section 319(b) of the INA...."

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuit...

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91129 Sep 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Don't have to. You prove it every time you speak...or type, whatever.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91130 Sep 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
How many Synagogues are in Egypt?
How many lawsuits about Christmas and the mention of "God" are there every year in America?
Are you REALLY this stupid, or is this an act?
I'm hoping it's just an act.
Then again, you ARE a liberal, so....
The number of synagogues in Egypt is irrelevant. We are not talking about racism or xenophobia there. We are talking about it here so the only arguments must rely only on statistics here.

Law suits each year? I have no idea. Find an un-biased source and get back to me on that.

We are not even talking institutionalized racism, which is a whole other topic, we are talking about racism within the general population. YOU are living proof that racism, homophobia, xenophobia, etc., are all alive and well. Argue it if you must, as I'm sure you will, but your behavior and comments just on this forum paint you as a world class bigot. <shrug>

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91132 Sep 11, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91133 Sep 11, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
The number of synagogues in Egypt is irrelevant. We are not talking about racism or xenophobia there. We are talking about it here so the only arguments must rely only on statistics here.
So you admit you hate America. Way to go. Get the fk out then. Go live in an Arab country since you seem to like them so much better.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91134 Sep 11, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Tonka
OT.
One of the side bar ads is for Stella Artois Cider. I am reasonably sure it was not on the shelf in Binny's on Sunday.
I am not sure whether I am interested or think we have been co-opted into something fashionable. Chi chi comes to mind, and not in a good way.
Have you ever tried Woodchuck Hard Cider, from Vermont? I really enjoy it and never feel heavy, like with beer or ales....

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#91135 Sep 11, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you hate America. Way to go. Get the fk out then. Go live in an Arab country since you seem to like them so much better.
Yep, he just did an excellent job of proving your point. There are plenty of countries with the "my way or the highway" regimes where opinions cannot be freely expressed. He would feel right at home in any one of them.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91136 Sep 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Remember when we had a discussion about peeps parked imn handiczpped spots and some of you were pretty vocal about how much it bothered you and you would take action...
From the Orlando Sentinel Ticked Off column
To the couple who followed me into a restaurant: Just because I pulled in the handicap spot at a restaurant in Dr. Phillips and did not look handicap to your eyes does not mean I did not just get done with open heart surgery. I do not appreciate the fact that you followed me into the restaurant and stated your opinion to the manager on duty that if he did not ask me to move my vehicle you would not eat there. He refused and you left! Which I thought was wonderful, until I went outside to my vehicle and realized you had keyed it down the driver's side completely. For a couple your age to do this kind of vandalism is childish.
wow. I do know a few people who need handicapped parking but don't seem to need it on the surface. While I HATE people who use the spots when they shouldn't, I"d not confront someone over it.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91137 Sep 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever tried Woodchuck Hard Cider, from Vermont? I really enjoy it and never feel heavy, like with beer or ales....
That's my go to brand. I especially like Winter & 802

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#91138 Sep 11, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't have to. You prove it every time you speak...or type, whatever.
I think your last post was taken off. This was meant to reply to it.
Or I was so disturbed about his idiocy and replied to his in error.

"Yep, he just did an excellent job of proving your point. There are plenty of countries with the "my way or the highway" regimes where opinions cannot be freely expressed. He would feel right at home in any one of them."

Location hidden

#91139 Sep 11, 2013
And keying someone's car? WHo didn't do ANYTHING to you? Wow.

“Not a real reg”

Location hidden

#91140 Sep 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
wow. I do know a few people who need handicapped parking but don't seem to need it on the surface. While I HATE people who use the spots when they shouldn't, I"d not confront someone over it.
I did, and it felt good. I was driving my mom and stepdad who could barely walk due to a stroke to a tire store. Just as I was starting to pull into the handicap space this gorilla guy pulled in in front of me, no H tags. I did drop them off at the curb. It so happened that we ended up right in back of him in line. I loudly berated him about what he did. He was very uncomfortable standing there with all those people listening....and my mom was proud.

Location hidden

#91141 Sep 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That's my go to brand. I especially like Winter & 802
I got this variety case with 802, but no Winter....i like Granny Smith....Yeah, my new best thing...lol....I was doin the big Foster's Ale cans, but i felt so heavy....

Location hidden

#91142 Sep 11, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And keying someone's car? WHo didn't do ANYTHING to you? Wow.
Yeah, that is outta line, even if you know the facts....

Location hidden

#91143 Sep 11, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, and it felt good. I was driving my mom and stepdad who could barely walk due to a stroke to a tire store. Just as I was starting to pull into the handicap space this gorilla guy pulled in in front of me, no H tags. I did drop them off at the curb. It so happened that we ended up right in back of him in line. I loudly berated him about what he did. He was very uncomfortable standing there with all those people listening....and my mom was proud.
YAY!! I love that you did that!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#91144 Sep 11, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Never had it. I have very low interest in Cider produced by a company that primarily is known for beer. Could be good, but I'm not running out to get any.
It's pretty good, but Angry Orchard Traditional Dry would be my top pick.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#91145 Sep 11, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I got this variety case with 802, but no Winter....i like Granny Smith....Yeah, my new best thing...lol....I was doin the big Foster's Ale cans, but i felt so heavy....
you and me could split the variety pack and get along great. You can have all the granny smiths. That's the one i don't care for. I'll take the amber and the 802

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 189,657
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Bluestater 1,232,055
Amy 5-23 5 min PEllen 1
Abby 5-23 7 min PEllen 1
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,238
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,989
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 70,013
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]