Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>my saturday:
ESPN's College Gameday
UF @ UM
SoCar @ UGa
ND @ Mich
Football all day.
#Heaven
It can get even worse today, i have that NFL Redzone...no commercials, they go from one game to the other...all highlights and all touchdowns....changed the viewing landscape for me....it can make you crazy....lol...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

BTW, Congrat's to my beloved Michigan Wolverines on a great victory over them Irish....lol...And the U, which rolled the Gators.....

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Those damn Libs, they spoil all our fun....
Tell me about it...

Banned smoking

Banned large soft-drinks

Banned sacked school lunches

Banned firearms

Have to buckle up in the back seat

Raised taxes!

Liberals: squashing the American dream and trampling our rights one law at a time!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about it...
Banned smoking
Banned large soft-drinks
Banned sacked school lunches
Banned firearms
Have to buckle up in the back seat
Raised taxes!
Liberals: squashing the American dream and trampling our rights one law at a time!
You like politics?....Here is a deal....In their zeal for both fiscal responsibility and preference for the good of the party over the good of the country....if House republican's find a way to sabotage this mission to stop genocide....then let's get serious and reign in our global military presence, and cut our defense spending 50-70%....in for that deal?......BTW, Do you really ride in the backseat?...lol...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I'd have to buy a new computer b/c it was trashed with a virus and was old. I had bought a really good one 5 years ago. Quad core, AMD. Anyways, the computer guy fixed it for $150. Yay! That was last year. It's still going strong and of all the computers I have bought it's really been a work horse, a good one.
When getting a computer, buy the best one at the time that you can afford and it'll last. Amirite?
BTW, I am with you. I love technology. I'm just too cheap to get the latest and greatest. I wait until I need it.
I replaced my computer in February. I had a poor experience with Dell and cancelled the order

The IT company from work suggested HP. One of the people here suggested that HP has a student teacher program. If you can say that you are presently a student or teacher or have been enrolled in college you can buy a much less expensive unit.That cover a lot of people these days.

There was a good choice of machines and I was able to configure it the way I wanted.I was able to get it loaded with a limited -not trial-edition of MS Office (no powerpoint). The HP program probably does not have good choices for someone who games or does a lot of graphics, but I don't use it for that.I got 500GB RAM and 4GB storage for $340. I could have gone up as high as 16GB storage to my recollection.I didn't need a monitor.

It is a solid animal. I like it.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I replaced my computer in February. I had a poor experience with Dell and cancelled the order
The IT company from work suggested HP. One of the people here suggested that HP has a student teacher program. If you can say that you are presently a student or teacher or have been enrolled in college you can buy a much less expensive unit.That cover a lot of people these days.
There was a good choice of machines and I was able to configure it the way I wanted.I was able to get it loaded with a limited -not trial-edition of MS Office (no powerpoint). The HP program probably does not have good choices for someone who games or does a lot of graphics, but I don't use it for that.I got 500GB RAM and 4GB storage for $340. I could have gone up as high as 16GB storage to my recollection.I didn't need a monitor.
It is a solid animal. I like it.
you got 4gb of ram and 500gb of storage.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Yes it is, it's called "Planned obsolescence "
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

So now I have an unopened cartridge of ink for a printer I'm no longer using! The latest technological gizmo is only designed to last a few year years. Then you need to upgrade and replace. Nice scam!

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
if House republican's find a way to sabotage this mission to stop genocide....then let's get serious and reign in our global military presence, and cut our defense spending 50-70%....in for that deal?......BTW, Do you really ride in the backseat?...lol...
I don't believe we should get involved in Syria.

Don't think that means we should have to cut 70% of our military, though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do we have it then, just to look scary and pretend? If they are impotent, then let's reign them all in...no need to keep this global military presence, and why? If there is nothing to gain, we can look the other way.....We could save TRILLIONS....

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> It can get even worse today, i have that NFL Redzone...no commercials, they go from one game to the other...all highlights and all touchdowns....changed the viewing landscape for me....it can make you crazy....lol...
Today? Today's Sunday. NFL. Pssshht.
Perfect time to mow the lawn

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Oh, and go ble, Go Blue. The teams I was pulling for all won. Was a good day.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Why do we have it then, just to look scary and pretend? If they are impotent, then let's reign them all in...no need to keep this global military presence, and why? If there is nothing to gain, we can look the other way.....We could save TRILLIONS....
We don't spend trillions of dollars on the military. If you want to cut something, let's stop sending billions of dollars to countries that hate us.

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Happy Easter

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Yes it is, it's called "Planned obsolescence "
<quoted text>
Exactly RACE. We live in a disposable society, and I think the banks are in on it. It keeps us in debt ;)

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Happy Easter

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't spend trillions of dollars on the military. If you want to cut something, let's stop sending billions of dollars to countries that hate us.
I agree with you as well, edog. I think it's time to fix ourselves first.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>you got 4gb of ram and 500gb of storage.
Thanks for the correction. Whichever way, it works nicely for me.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you written/emailed your Senators and Congressman? You can do it by email

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Have you written/emailed your Senators and Congressman? You can do it by email
I'm seriously thinking about it. But I'm afraid that once I get started, my quick email is gonna turn into a ten page government gripe report. Then I'll be on the NSA watch list. Again. There'll be a drone hovering over my house.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm seriously thinking about it. But I'm afraid that once I get started, my quick email is gonna turn into a ten page government gripe report. Then I'll be on the NSA watch list. Again. There'll be a drone hovering over my house.
You forfeit all future griping rights unless you make your opinion known now when it can have some chance of affecting the outcome.

I am dead serious about this.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

just an fyi....groupon has a really good deal today for printer ink, different brands.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 89,621 - 89,640 of96,051
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min No Surprize 1,032,987
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min HughBe 65,053
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min wojar 167,439
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min limburger cheese sweety 42,950
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Registered Earth Angel 47,014
Abby 4-17 2 hr RACE 23
Amy 4-17 2 hr Sublime1 17
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••