“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Chicago, IL

#90994 Sep 9, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Ughhhh...fun weekend, but I am sore. Friday night was dinner out for our friend who is deploying to Afghanistan this week. Saturday, we loaded a metric poop ton of old landscaping rock on to a truck. Yesterday, I did a mountain bike race and then played pickup hockey. Tomorrow, I'm hosting Bunco, so tonight is cleaning and making dessert (low carb cheesecake).
Well, we're quite the social butterfly, aren't we?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90995 Sep 9, 2013
Gloat if you must, I can handle it
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you poor baby. I know just how you feel. Wait, not I don't Seahawks WON!!!!!!
(&#8730;)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90996 Sep 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
Is that football game finally over? Are my Giants done turning the ball over? Please somebody tell me that was just a bad dream...
Sure felt sorry for Eli...the recievers were playing volleyball and serving it to the DB's.....Dallas's defense is alot better.....Bet Romo is sore today....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#90997 Sep 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> Ah, so you raised the funding. Good.
I did. It was close, but I did. I now have 13 cents to my name until Friday. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#90998 Sep 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
Gloat if you must, I can handle it
<quoted text>
heh

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90999 Sep 9, 2013
I feel sorry for his brother, he's gonna get spanked next week.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sure felt sorry for Eli...the recievers were playing volleyball and serving it to the DB's.....Dallas's defense is alot better.....Bet Romo is sore today....

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91000 Sep 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Seahawks and 49ers here Sunday. I'm so torn...I don't know who to support. 49ers are my hometown team, but I live *here*....<sigh> Think I'll just support the Dawgs (UW Huskies) and forget about everyone else.

http://www.gohuskies.com/SportSelect.dbml...

Go Huskies!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91001 Sep 9, 2013
In other news, I just committed what little free time I have to the local democratic party *and* the grass roots "go and vote" movement on campus in order to help insure that in 2014 and 2016 we fill both houses and the oval office with strong Democrats.

Also in about an our I am accompanying an immigrant Muslim to go test for American citizenship ensuring that he will be able to vote as well.

:D :D :D :D :D

::waits for heads to explode::

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91002 Sep 9, 2013
Here's some cuteness: Nick went to the cabin on Saturday for two days, with his youngest. The oldest stayed in town at his mom's house (he gets bored up at the cabin b/c there are no kids his age up there). THEY GOT THREE KITTENS!!! Three black male kittens, about 7 months old, changed one name to "Bucky" (as in Cal Clutterbuck, our favorite NHL player), and the other two kept their original names: MOnkey and Cowboy.

I think "Cowboy" is the coolest cat name ever.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91003 Sep 9, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
In other news, I just committed what little free time I have to the local democratic party *and* the grass roots "go and vote" movement on campus in order to help insure that in 2014 and 2016 we fill both houses and the oval office with strong Democrats.
Also in about an our I am accompanying an immigrant Muslim to go test for American citizenship ensuring that he will be able to vote as well.
Heh. I'm going to sit back and watch this!:D

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#91004 Sep 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Here's some cuteness: Nick went to the cabin on Saturday for two days, with his youngest. The oldest stayed in town at his mom's house (he gets bored up at the cabin b/c there are no kids his age up there). THEY GOT THREE KITTENS!!! Three black male kittens, about 7 months old, changed one name to "Bucky" (as in Cal Clutterbuck, our favorite NHL player), and the other two kept their original names: MOnkey and Cowboy.
That's so cute! Love those names. So, who got the kittens? The older boy with mom or Nick's youngest at the cabin?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91005 Sep 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
We had two kittens once (both black) named Tia and Titan (I didn't name them) and a dog named Ninja. One day Chris pointed out to me that our animals were TNT. <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#91006 Sep 9, 2013
Oh, and the stupid aggressive tried to bite me the first day he got her snake that I refused to pick up without leather gloves (I am not afraid of snakes, just her) was names "Precious." Don't even get me started on how that name was SO wrong for her.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#91007 Sep 9, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
That's so cute! Love those names. So, who got the kittens? The older boy with mom or Nick's youngest at the cabin?
THe oldest who stayed home with his mom. They went for one kitten, but didn't want to break up the triad of brothers, so they got them all. THe boys are very happy (they love cats).

Since: Jun 09

Saint Petersburg, FL

#91008 Sep 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Fun!

There is a very pretty cat named Cowboy in my 'hood. I guess the lady that lived in my house before me must have fed him or pet him because I come home and he's laying agains my garage door relaxing. Or he lays on the fence and harrasses my dogs. They go nuts and Cowbut pretty much rolls his eyes. I swear I can hear him snicker...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#91009 Sep 9, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
to help insure that in 2014 and 2016 we fill both houses and the oval office with strong Democrats.
Ha! Good luck with that! Let me know how that works out for ya!

And bad news for your Muslim friend, it takes YEARS for citizenship to go through, assuming he'll be granted one. Don't think he'll be voting in any elections anytime soon.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#91010 Sep 9, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Have you sent emails or FB posts to your Congressman and Senators stating your opinion on Syria? Whatever that opinion may be.

Present tense activism goes hand in hand with future voters.
Exploded Head

Highland Park, IL

#91011 Sep 9, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. I'm going to sit back and watch this!:D
KABOOM!!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#91012 Sep 9, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Good luck with that! Let me know how that works out for ya!
And bad news for your Muslim friend, it takes YEARS for citizenship to go through, assuming he'll be granted one. Don't think he'll be voting in any elections anytime soon.
Ya gotta start somewhere, sweetheart.
Are you out trolling for more Repubs in Will County?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#91013 Sep 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Check this out, on PTI they were saying Eli still passed for like 450 yards and 3 touchdowns....after 6 turnovers, and they lost, but scored 31 points...lol...strange game....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,126,933
Amy 10-24 12 min edogxxx 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Beavis 179,412
Abby 10-24 28 min edogxxx 23
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 53 min TRD 68,662
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr grave digger 47,499
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 50,634
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]