Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90954 Sep 8, 2013
Those damn Libs, they spoil all our fun....

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#90955 Sep 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says you have to? I've got a phone that came out in 2011 and it does everything I need it to.
<quoted text>Again, who says you have to. The computer I'm typing on is over 3 years old and it replaced one that was probably 5 years old at the time.
Thought I'd have to buy a new computer b/c it was trashed with a virus and was old. I had bought a really good one 5 years ago. Quad core, AMD. Anyways, the computer guy fixed it for $150. Yay! That was last year. It's still going strong and of all the computers I have bought it's really been a work horse, a good one.

When getting a computer, buy the best one at the time that you can afford and it'll last. Amirite?

BTW, I am with you. I love technology. I'm just too cheap to get the latest and greatest. I wait until I need it.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#90956 Sep 8, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So just head over to the next county.
Local laws are pointless.
Way to run the tattoo shop owner out of business. Thank a liberal
I don't know about liberal. More liberals probsbly have tats. Maybe not.

Anyways, you stop people from getting a tat on the fly, you're going to put the tat removal service out of business. Who doesn't know tattoos are permanent? I agree, the law is stupid. Maybe it should be in place for people under 18, but there's enough laws in place for that. I believe. Isn't there?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#90957 Sep 8, 2013
I was up early today. Gotta get things done so I can be a sludge and sit down for 3 hours and watch the Bears.

US Open Tennis took some hours out of my life yesterday.

Damn sports!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90958 Sep 8, 2013
Toj wrote:
I was up early today. Gotta get things done so I can be a sludge and sit down for 3 hours and watch the Bears.
US Open Tennis took some hours out of my life yesterday.
Damn sports!
my saturday:
ESPN's College Gameday
UF @ UM
SoCar @ UGa
ND @ Mich

Football all day.

#Heaven

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90959 Sep 8, 2013
And I'm laying on the couch watching college gameday final

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90960 Sep 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>my saturday:
ESPN's College Gameday
UF @ UM
SoCar @ UGa
ND @ Mich
Football all day.
#Heaven
It can get even worse today, i have that NFL Redzone...no commercials, they go from one game to the other...all highlights and all touchdowns....changed the viewing landscape for me....it can make you crazy....lol...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90961 Sep 8, 2013
BTW, Congrat's to my beloved Michigan Wolverines on a great victory over them Irish....lol...And the U, which rolled the Gators.....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90962 Sep 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Those damn Libs, they spoil all our fun....
Tell me about it...

Banned smoking

Banned large soft-drinks

Banned sacked school lunches

Banned firearms

Have to buckle up in the back seat

Raised taxes!

Liberals: squashing the American dream and trampling our rights one law at a time!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90963 Sep 8, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about it...
Banned smoking
Banned large soft-drinks
Banned sacked school lunches
Banned firearms
Have to buckle up in the back seat
Raised taxes!
Liberals: squashing the American dream and trampling our rights one law at a time!
You like politics?....Here is a deal....In their zeal for both fiscal responsibility and preference for the good of the party over the good of the country....if House republican's find a way to sabotage this mission to stop genocide....then let's get serious and reign in our global military presence, and cut our defense spending 50-70%....in for that deal?......BTW, Do you really ride in the backseat?...lol...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#90964 Sep 8, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I'd have to buy a new computer b/c it was trashed with a virus and was old. I had bought a really good one 5 years ago. Quad core, AMD. Anyways, the computer guy fixed it for $150. Yay! That was last year. It's still going strong and of all the computers I have bought it's really been a work horse, a good one.
When getting a computer, buy the best one at the time that you can afford and it'll last. Amirite?
BTW, I am with you. I love technology. I'm just too cheap to get the latest and greatest. I wait until I need it.
I replaced my computer in February. I had a poor experience with Dell and cancelled the order

The IT company from work suggested HP. One of the people here suggested that HP has a student teacher program. If you can say that you are presently a student or teacher or have been enrolled in college you can buy a much less expensive unit.That cover a lot of people these days.

There was a good choice of machines and I was able to configure it the way I wanted.I was able to get it loaded with a limited -not trial-edition of MS Office (no powerpoint). The HP program probably does not have good choices for someone who games or does a lot of graphics, but I don't use it for that.I got 500GB RAM and 4GB storage for $340. I could have gone up as high as 16GB storage to my recollection.I didn't need a monitor.

It is a solid animal. I like it.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90965 Sep 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I replaced my computer in February. I had a poor experience with Dell and cancelled the order
The IT company from work suggested HP. One of the people here suggested that HP has a student teacher program. If you can say that you are presently a student or teacher or have been enrolled in college you can buy a much less expensive unit.That cover a lot of people these days.
There was a good choice of machines and I was able to configure it the way I wanted.I was able to get it loaded with a limited -not trial-edition of MS Office (no powerpoint). The HP program probably does not have good choices for someone who games or does a lot of graphics, but I don't use it for that.I got 500GB RAM and 4GB storage for $340. I could have gone up as high as 16GB storage to my recollection.I didn't need a monitor.
It is a solid animal. I like it.
you got 4gb of ram and 500gb of storage.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#90966 Sep 8, 2013
Yes it is, it's called "Planned obsolescence "
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>

So now I have an unopened cartridge of ink for a printer I'm no longer using! The latest technological gizmo is only designed to last a few year years. Then you need to upgrade and replace. Nice scam!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90967 Sep 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
if House republican's find a way to sabotage this mission to stop genocide....then let's get serious and reign in our global military presence, and cut our defense spending 50-70%....in for that deal?......BTW, Do you really ride in the backseat?...lol...
I don't believe we should get involved in Syria.

Don't think that means we should have to cut 70% of our military, though.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#90968 Sep 8, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe we should get involved in Syria.
Don't think that means we should have to cut 70% of our military, though.
Why do we have it then, just to look scary and pretend? If they are impotent, then let's reign them all in...no need to keep this global military presence, and why? If there is nothing to gain, we can look the other way.....We could save TRILLIONS....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90969 Sep 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> It can get even worse today, i have that NFL Redzone...no commercials, they go from one game to the other...all highlights and all touchdowns....changed the viewing landscape for me....it can make you crazy....lol...
Today? Today's Sunday. NFL. Pssshht.
Perfect time to mow the lawn

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#90970 Sep 8, 2013
Oh, and go ble, Go Blue. The teams I was pulling for all won. Was a good day.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#90971 Sep 8, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Why do we have it then, just to look scary and pretend? If they are impotent, then let's reign them all in...no need to keep this global military presence, and why? If there is nothing to gain, we can look the other way.....We could save TRILLIONS....
We don't spend trillions of dollars on the military. If you want to cut something, let's stop sending billions of dollars to countries that hate us.

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#90972 Sep 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
Yes it is, it's called "Planned obsolescence "
<quoted text>
Exactly RACE. We live in a disposable society, and I think the banks are in on it. It keeps us in debt ;)

“Non mollare mai”

Since: Mar 11

Land of Enchantment

#90973 Sep 8, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't spend trillions of dollars on the military. If you want to cut something, let's stop sending billions of dollars to countries that hate us.
I agree with you as well, edog. I think it's time to fix ourselves first.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL 70,024
Hanover Park Teen Charged In Weekend Stabbing (Jun '09) 28 min no one 42
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,125,437
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min Hot coed babe 47,487
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Frank 179,284
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 50,603
$15/hr. for fast food employees..... 2 hr joey 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]